PDA

View Full Version : Crepes

Drop1
10-20-2007, 01:16 PM
Anybody have some ideas on fillings for crepes? I have the perfect batter,now I need something to be the filling. Our 40th Wedding Anniversary is coming up next week,and I thought I would start the day with crepes.

wolfdancer
10-20-2007, 03:56 PM
I don't even now what Crepes is... but they sound sissified. how about some Krispy Kremes instead?
Ok, since it's your fortieth, I'll share an old family recipe with you....it's a variation of Crepes Suzette:
which is "warmed in an orange-butter sauce, often served with a flaming liqueur sauce." Just forget about that orange butter crap, and add in more liqueur. In fact liqueur even sounds sissified...use Irish Whiskey instead...
Congratulations on your 40th!!!!
My cousin Bill, just celebrated his 50th...and also had both knees replaced...don't know if there was any link between the two events....but when she says "sit" ...he sits, so I'm thinking....

Drop1
10-20-2007, 06:49 PM
Well,I'm kind of a PW sissy,I wonder if Dirty Harry would make Crepes for his wife,"you feeling lucky punk,have a Crepe". God I love the bitch.

wolfdancer
10-20-2007, 08:18 PM
"God I love the bitch."
and that makes it all worthwhile....really, Congratulations!!, you're a very lucky guy

Gayle in MD
10-22-2007, 09:15 AM
Congratulations !!!

Are you looking for a desert, breakfast, or dinner crepes?

Jim and I will celebrate forty-fifth in February, BTW, and I enjoy spoiling him more every year.

have a wonderful celebration, friend.

Love,
Gayle

SKennedy
10-22-2007, 01:21 PM
How about something with strawberries since it is for breakfast?

Drop1
10-22-2007, 05:32 PM
I think for breakfast,and later a ride out to "Lake Chapala",for a Play,and back to Guadalajara to a Restraunt my wife likes. Anyway,make my day,and have a Crepe.And thanks,for the thought. I fall in love with you everyday,sometimes twice. Let us know when that forty fifth is a little closer.

Gayle in MD
10-23-2007, 09:53 AM
AWE, you're such a sweetie!

Here's my favorite for breakfast crepes, rasberries, with shaved Godiva Chocolate. If they're fresh, you just simmer them for a few minutes, in sugar and water, makes a simple syrup, then spread them in the crepes, and shave the chocolate before you fold them. Then you can cut out a heart, put it on top, and sift Cocoa over it to make a heart shape. Put a dollup of whip cream to the side, with sifted cocoa on top, and a reaberry, of course, /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif and a warmed small dipping cup of hot maple syrup. Now this MUST be served by a nude man, with two red bow ties! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I'll leave the rest to your active imagination!... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Love,
Gayle

Drop1
10-23-2007, 11:35 AM
Now,that sounds good! Made my day /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif