PDA

View Full Version : instroke buffalo case color concern?

mrgoochio
10-21-2007, 01:38 PM
Hi, I've been looking into the instroke buffalo leather series for a while now, thinking about picking one up. I found a seller on ebay with unbelievable pricing on the cases with over 9000 transactions (100% positive, located here: http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Instroke-Buffalo-2x4-Case-Brown-Leather-SWEET_W0QQitemZ280162340660QQihZ018QQcategoryZ2121 1QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem )

Anyway, my concern is not the pricing.. its about the color of the case. If you look at the pictures of the case (these cases are 100% new) and compare them to pictures provided by instroke or other online retailers such as seyberts (located here: http://www.seyberts.com/images/products/secondary/202.jpg ) you will notice that the color looks nothing a like. I understand that as the leather is worn and conditioned it will darken and add texture, but is that color right(the ebay pictures)? it looks much better as 'advertised', in my opinion, then in the ebay pictures. does anyone here have the buffalo series with possible pics of their bag in current condition?

edit: woops! fixed the links

BigRigTom
10-21-2007, 02:10 PM
Your Ebay link doesn't work but I went to Ebay and searched for the site you mentioned and I SEE what you mean on the picture.
You should contact the Ebay seller and ask him about the picture...it may just be the WRONG graphic showing but you should also ALWAYS wonder about a deal that is too good to be true.
I have the Instroke Cowboy and though it was very expensive I can't really complain. It is everything they claim it is and I am not sorry I dished out the extra money.
Good luck on your choice and hope you get the deal you are looking for.

BillPorter
10-21-2007, 02:29 PM
I have bought many, many items from the eBay seller you mention in your post. The seller, Joe Nielsen, is one of the best seller of billiard items on the Internet. Just consider his eBay feedback (about 10,000 feedbacks with NO negatives). Just email Joe and ask about the pictures. He'll respond quickly. I am sure that if Joe advertises the item as a new Instroke case, it will be a genuine, new Instroke case. My guess is that the photos in Joe's ad are pretty acurate.

mrgoochio
10-21-2007, 02:39 PM
Yeah I have no doubt that the ebay seller is legit. I was just curious about the color because about every online retailer selling the instroke buffalo series bags use instroke's official pictures, which look nothing like the 'actual' product (displayed on the ebay listing). I would have been pretty baffled if that bag arrived after only ever seeing instroke's pictures. I was just looking to see if anyone here had a buffalo series bag themselves..

thedude
10-21-2007, 08:20 PM
If you are buying the case through Nielsen, I would not worry about a thing. I've bought an Instroke 2x4 buffalo case, a Predator 5K3, as well as a Predator Sneaky Pete through joe... never through ebay, but directly from him in his Springfield shop. He is a great guy, and if I am ever to buy billiards supplies he is the first person i would go to... with the exception of custom cues, then I will obviously go to the cue maker. Joe's a great guy, and he's not going to do you wrong... otherwise I wouldn't have spent $1000+ at his shop on cues/cases. I would give Nielsens three thumbs up, but I only have two.

BTW, the buffalo case I bought from Joe is f**** sweet. Beautiful, and protects my cues wonderfully. Like I said I've bought a buffalo case from Joe, and it is great. Not a dealer I would hesitate to order from again. He is no. 1 on my list of billiard retailers.

mrgoochio
10-21-2007, 09:15 PM
Can you specify what color your bag came out to be? Was it more as advertised by Instroke and other online retailers or is it more like the one off the ebay listing?

thedude
10-22-2007, 05:53 AM
It came looking exactly like the case on instroke's website. Note, that I bought the case in person as Joe actually has a physical shop in Springfield, IL. I told him I wanted an instroke case, and he brought out like 6 different instoke 2x4's and 3x5's and let me choose. I was satisfied.

If you have questions about the color, I'd just call and ask. Maybe just a bad picture, but I can see what your referring to. I can only speak about my experiences dealing with Joe, and they've all been good. But I have never ordered something from him - I've always bought items from him in person.