PDA

View Full Version : As violence falls cemetary workers feel the pinch!

LWW
10-23-2007, 04:45 AM
You can't make headlines like THIS (http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/014/247dslvx.asp) up.

[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps the Democratic sweep in last November's elections was providential. Consider what might have happened if Republicans had suffered setbacks on November 7, 2006, but had narrowly maintained control of Congress.

The political situation facing the Bush administration would have seemed less dire. Those pushing for a new strategy in Iraq and a surge of troops might well have failed to convince the administration to embrace such a radical change. Shaky Republicans in Congress, terrified by the close call, would have been adamant that we begin to draw down in Iraq. The report of the Iraq Study Group would have fallen on the desperately receptive ears of congressional Republicans ("we barely held on and we'd better do something") and on equally receptive disappointed-but-emboldened-Democratic ones. The 110th Congress would then have insisted, with a bipartisan flourish, on an establishment-sanctioned middle way that was, in fact, a disguised path to defeat. Bush would have had a difficult time resisting pressure from a Republican or partly Republican Congress. And we would now be facing an utter debacle in the heart of the Middle East.

Instead, the GOP lost both houses. Having little left to lose, Bush defied conventional wisdom, changed commanders and strategy, and went for the surge. He was able to hold Republicans together and beat back a series of partisan assaults from the Democratic Congress, starting in January and continuing into September. He was able to buy time until the new strategy backed by more troops began to work.

The most comical evidence of the surge's success was the story on the antiwar McClatchy Newspapers wire last Tuesday, "As violence falls in Iraq, cemetery workers feel the pinch." As the astute observers at the Powerline blog put it, "This is one of those headlines you couldn't make up."

Jay Price of the Raleigh News & Observer and Qasim Zein of McClatchy Newspapers (along with McClatchy special correspondents Janab Hussein, Hussein Kadhim, and Sahar Issa--it was a major story!) reported the sad news:

At what's believed to be the world's largest cemetery, where Shiite Muslims aspire to be buried and millions already have been, business isn't good. A drop in violence around Iraq has cut burials in the huge Wadi al Salam cemetery here by at least one-third in the past six months, and that's cut the pay of thousands of workers who make their living digging graves, washing corpses or selling burial shrouds.
A loss of income for cemetery workers due to a decline in violence! Clearly an injustice for the Democratic Congress to address. But first, on Thursday, they had to try to override President Bush's veto of their cherished middle-class children's insurance bill. Bush's veto was about to be sustained when senior Democratic congressman Pete Stark, from the San Francisco Bay area, took to the floor of the House:

You don't have money to fund the war or children. But you're going to spend it to blow up innocent people, if we can get enough kids to grow old enough for you to send to Iraq to get their heads blown off for the president's amusement.

So U.S. troops in Iraq are just "blow[ing] up innocent people," and the president is sending those troops there "to get their heads blown off" for his "amusement"? Whenever you think congressional Democrats can sink no lower, they prove you wrong. Twenty-four hours later, Democratic leaders had yet to chastise their 18-term colleague. Stark refused to apologize, but he did say he respected the troops.
So does Hillary Clinton. But last month, over on the Senate side, she couldn't resist impugning the integrity of General David Petraeus as he testified to the Senate Armed Services Committee. Clinton said Petraeus's testimony required a "willing suspension of disbelief." That is, contrary to all evidence, Clinton accused the commanding general of U.S. troops in Iraq of misleading the American people.

All of this followed by several months the defining statement of the 110th Congress: Harry Reid's assertion, this past April 19, "This war is lost." History may well record that statement as the epitaph for the 110th Congress, and the party that led it. The Democrats engaged in endless efforts to make sure the war really was lost. They failed. Now it looks as if the war, despite the Democratic Congress's best efforts, may well be won. It's the congressional Democrats who are the losers. And so could be the 2008 Democratic presidential nominee. Are the American people likely to elect the candidate of a party that has tried its best to lose a winnable war?

--William Kristol<hr /></blockquote>

That's how you verify a point. You voice an opinion, and then you show the info you used with a link.

LWW

eg8r
10-23-2007, 08:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
That's how you verify a point. You voice an opinion, and then you show the info you used with a link.
<hr /></blockquote> Time will tell whether you get any replies, but based on the comment above my guess is you will not get the discussion you want.

eg8r

DickLeonard
10-23-2007, 08:23 AM
Eg8R we really are sorry that Iraqi stopped Killing Iraquis putting their own people out of work. We can't get our people to worry about our jobs going overseas why should we
worry about them.####

LWW
10-23-2007, 08:28 AM
I got yours didn't I??

And, again, you are defending people whop rudely accuse me of never linking anything and then want to lecture me for not being a sniveling coward in front of the brownshirts here?

That's funny man.

Call it down the middle of admit to being just another partisan.

LWW

eg8r
10-23-2007, 11:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I got yours didn't I??
<hr /></blockquote> Is the discussion you got from me what you "wanted" because I was quite explicit in stating that. I will just continue pointing out why you fail to generate any discussion on the topics you post and you can continue to dig your head in the sand.

Once again, because your brain seems to be moving quite slowly, I am not defending anyone. I am trying to point out to you why your posts lack a lot of participation.

eg8r

eg8r
10-23-2007, 12:02 PM
Dick, believe me when I tell you I already know you have never worried about the Iraqi people.

Isn't funny that lww has not caught on that my posts are about him, NOT about anyone else?

eg8r

LWW
10-23-2007, 12:16 PM
Actually, it's the fact that your opinion of me has no bearing on me whatsoever.

LWW

eg8r
10-23-2007, 12:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Actually, it's the fact that your opinion of me has no bearing on me whatsoever. <hr /></blockquote> I can tell, your head is still in the sand.

eg8r

bamadog
10-23-2007, 01:07 PM
Do you have an opinion on the article linked by LWW?
Your personal sniping is getting stale.
You are starting to act like one of the obnoxious Libs here.
I am only telling you this for your own good, so that you can amend your behaviour and get back on the path to rightousness.

eg8r
10-23-2007, 03:37 PM
Hello bama, I was wondering how long your master would let you run around before sniping at my ankles. Good dog. Now just to make sure you see that your question was already answered prior to you even asking it, here is the quote from my post which you responded to...[ QUOTE ]
I will just continue pointing out why you fail to generate any discussion on the topics you post and you can continue to dig your head in the sand.
<hr /></blockquote> So there you have it. No, I don't have a comment on it I am simply pointing out why lww and you are failing to generate any discussion on this forum.

So with that, go back to sitting on lww's lap until he has sent you out again.

eg8r

bamadog
10-23-2007, 06:16 PM
Just as I thought, you have truly sunk to the level of the "personal attack first" lefties here. If you do not like LWW's style then, by all means, don't reply.
But no one made you the arbiter of style here.
To parahrase an observation of a sage: "correctness is the refuge of those who have nothing to say."
It appears you have nothing to say.

If you can't restrain yourself, at least show a little originality in your insults.
I already used the "lap dog" dig on Wolfie.

I'm only saying this to you because I want you to have an enjoyable and successful experience here on the forum. Cheers.

cushioncrawler
10-23-2007, 06:35 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr> You can't make headlines like.... At what's believed to be the world's largest cemetery, where Shiite Muslims aspire to be buried and millions already have been, business isn't good. A drop in violence around Iraq has cut burials in the huge Wadi al Salam cemetery here by at least one-third in the past six months, and that's cut the pay of thousands of workers who make their living digging graves, washing corpses or selling burial shrouds.
A loss of income for cemetery workers due to a decline in violence! Clearly an injustice for the Democratic Congress to address....<hr /></blockquote>El, El, El, El, El -- Didnt they teach u that everything goze up and everything goze down. That story iz a krappy report, not scientific in any way. A good report would show how the burials at this cemetry went up'n'down with the seasons and years, and show a comparison with other totalz at other/all iraqi cemetryz.

But it raizes a good question -- "When did the last war in iraq end??" madMac.

LWW
10-24-2007, 04:26 AM
Which just goes to show the depth and breadth of denial here.

The point of the article is how far the MSM will go to spin something good into something bad...but you knew that.

Lastly, the war obviously isn't over. I know how to answer a Q.

LWW

eg8r
10-24-2007, 08:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Just as I thought, you have truly sunk to the level of the "personal attack first" lefties here. If you do not like LWW's style then, by all means, don't reply. <hr /></blockquote> Look you are the dog, let lww respond for himself.

[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote> Keep your head in the sand if you do want to hear the truth. The two of you spout your mouths off here and act like you know everything. You are nothing but a Gayle clone in this respect. You arrived here in an attacking manner but you don't want that to be mentioned on the board.

All I am saying is if you quit acting like the way you are maybe you will get more responses from the board. Your continued ignorance of this easy to comprehend fact is evidence that you have no desire to change your attacking ways.

eg8r

LWW
10-24-2007, 08:56 AM
I'm getting plenty of responses.

Almost all of them are explaining why thay can't/won't/don't/fear the simplest of questions however.

LWW

bamadog
10-24-2007, 09:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
Just as I thought, you have truly sunk to the level of the "personal attack first" lefties here. If you do not like LWW's style then, by all means, don't reply. <hr /></blockquote> Look you are the dog, let lww respond for himself.

&lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
<hr /></blockquote> Keep your head in the sand if you do want to hear the truth. The two of you spout your mouths off here and act like you know everything. You are nothing but a Gayle clone in this respect. You arrived here in an attacking manner but you don't want that to be mentioned on the board.

All I am saying is if you quit acting like the way you are maybe you will get more responses from the board. Your continued ignorance of this easy to comprehend fact is evidence that you have no desire to change your attacking ways.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

And you STILL don't get it.
So let me state it once again. No one anointed you the little miss manners of the forum. If you don't like someones style, don't get your panties in a wad, take a deep breath and try to get over it.
Life is just full of these little trials.

Allow me to paraphrase Winston Churchill; I may be "the dog", and you may be an obnoxious fool, but I can change my name.

For the record, I was attacked by Wolfie on my very first post here. But I didn't notice you or anyone else here castigating him for it.

Again, I only mention these things in the hope that you can realize your full potential on the forum. Cheers

eg8r
10-24-2007, 11:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So let me state it once again. No one anointed you the little miss manners of the forum. <hr /></blockquote> Once again you open your mouth and stuff you foot in. I am not monitoring the forum and checking manners, I am trying to help you. Don't you see no one is really responding to the content of the majority of your posts? It is your attitudes and all you can come up with is I am being the manner police.

Keep your head in the sand, you seem happy to be there.

eg8r

eg8r
10-24-2007, 11:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm getting plenty of responses.
<hr /></blockquote> Yes, and most of them are telling you they don't approve of the way you have approached the board. You get very little response to the content of your post. I mentioned this to you before and your response was, "I got your response" which was indicative that you did not have the brain power to comprehend my post.

Go ahead keep your head in the sand.

eg8r &lt;~~~finds it comical that these goof offs have not noticed that even the righties are ignoring them

LWW
10-24-2007, 11:52 AM
Blah blah blah blah...

LWW

bamadog
10-24-2007, 04:48 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
So let me state it once again. No one anointed you the little miss manners of the forum. <hr /></blockquote> Once again you open your mouth and stuff you foot in. I am not monitoring the forum and checking manners, I am trying to help you. Don't you see no one is really responding to the content of the majority of your posts? It is your attitudes and all you can come up with is I am being the manner police.

Keep your head in the sand, you seem happy to be there.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Here is my first post on this forum and Wolfie's response to it:

People who pay HUGE taxes get the lion's share of tax cuts. It is only logical.
You got a tax cut as well. Did you give it back to the govt., or spend it?

Post Extras:
wolfdancer
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 10/31/02
Re: For Those Who Support The War [re: bamadog]
10/11/07 10:17 PM (71.59.154.187)
Edit Reply Quote

It ain't none of your **** business, what the **** I did with my tax cut.
You want to follow Gayle's posts around and try to put her down...brave man.
to me your just another **** with nothing to offer but the usual liberal label BS.
I'm hoping Gayle doesn't care to deal with the likes of you and the other newbie stalker...she's already gets enough crap here.
Instead of your idiotic insults why don't you post some facts to support your side of the argument?
Maybe you're just trying to make yourself a name here by picking on Gayle, and ingratiate yourself to the others that differ with her views....
Now you can waste your time adding me to your stalking list...but what I do is just ignore anybody that I believe is a ****
I see they have replied,I don't read any of it, and just wish it were on toilet paper, so I could wipe my *** with it... " Quote, Wolfdancer

Now tell me who attacked whom?
Show me these attacks of mine you've been referring to.

eg8r
10-24-2007, 08:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Show me these attacks of mine you've been referring to. <hr /></blockquote> You are throwing up a strawman to try and change the subject. I mentioned your attitude in the post you quoted, you are mentioning an attack. In the post you quoted I did not say anything about you attacking anyone. So, if you want to be honest here, don't try to change the subject because you don't like what you are hearing or decide to jump in to a defensive mood.

eg8r

bamadog
10-24-2007, 11:30 PM
Show me these attacks of mine you've been referring to. <hr /></blockquote> You are throwing up a strawman to try and change the subject. I mentioned your attitude in the post you quoted, you are mentioning an attack. In the post you quoted I did not say anything about you attacking anyone. So, if you want to be honest here, don't try to change the subject because you don't like what you are hearing or decide to jump in to a defensive mood.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

I copied this from your post above, "You arrived here in an attacking manner but you don't want that to be mentioned on the board."

I have just shown you where I was attacked on my very first post on this forum, but you had no comment about that.

What makes you think I don't want something mentioned on the board?
I stand by my posts.

LWW
10-25-2007, 04:18 AM
Dawg,

I'm about to post my PM highlights that I put up on AZB so some people can see how we were really treated after coming here. Add that to how we were baited by members here to come here and get thumped on by the all seeing all knowing great neoleft minds. Combine that with the fact that more than 1 member here keeps coming to AZB trying to heat things up. Mix in the reality that there is history between AZB members and some here who left AZB crying like schoolgirls because they would post vicious lies...I believe now that I have found their font of disinformation...and then have them exposed over and over again.

So, bottom line, there probably was attitude involved in all of this from the start.

It originated on this board however.

Those who don't like it need to look inwards at their own board for it's source(s) however.

If you don't like what you are reading I really don't care because not liking it doesn't change the truth of it one bit.

LWW

hondo
10-25-2007, 07:20 AM
I've got to hand it to you &amp; Dog. When EVERYONE on
here, RIGHT &amp; LEFT, either ignores you or tells you
to shove it, or, in Ed's case, tries to explain to
you guys why no one will debate you, and you plod on?!?!
Old buddy, you need to get a life.
Play more pool, take the little lady out more.
I understand your boredom with AZ. Everybody who
you enjoyed debating has left because of your &amp;
Dog's abrasive style.
And the only one left, Chefjeff, has become an LWW
arse-kisser. Not much fun for someone who likes to
argue, er, debate, as much as you.

LWW
10-25-2007, 07:31 AM
Hondo, at AZB we actually have discussions of issues and topics now and exchanges facts as well as POV's and it has been quite peaceful there.

Not having the moonbat truthers and people blaming Bush for sabotaging the Rockies as repayment to his NE blueblood ancestors has been quite nice.

You are PO's at Jeff because he pointed out the obvious and you didn't like it.

Now, why are you trying to stir the pot on both forums while complaining constantly about how others have caused problems? Inquiring minds want to know?

And, FWIW, why am I getting positive rep from dual board members using my frustrations here as evidence of why this board is so darned dull?

The answers I'm getting is that the neoleftist brownshirts didn't run them off...they just got tired of the moonbat rants.

LWW

hondo
10-25-2007, 07:45 AM
If you're happy, I'm happy.
I didn't even know they had rep on this board?
And you are right. I am disgusted at Jeff
for " stating the obvious" as you put it.
Or kissing your arse as I put it.
Even Banger came to my defense. I noticed you didn't
respond. Typical.

eg8r
10-25-2007, 07:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I stand by my posts. <hr /></blockquote> That is mighty big of you, I mean come on, who else would want to stand in place for you? You appear to be lww's lapdog and usually travel around after him or sticking up for him so I really don't care if either of you two allow this to sink in your head or not.

If either of the two of you want to actually discuss your content then you will need to change your attitude, accept that or not.

eg8r

eg8r
10-25-2007, 07:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm about to post my PM highlights that I put up on AZB so some people can see how we were really treated after coming here. <hr /></blockquote> YOU DON'T GET IT DO YOU. I don't care about how you were treated, the people here already knew who the two of you were and we did not need to roll out any red carpet because you decided to come here and slay the democratic dragons. We all knew the two of you were going to act out here just like you do over there so those who attacked you probably figured there was no sense in waiting for you to get started.

If you want anything to change then quit burying your heads further in the sand and change your attitudes. Quit posting like you have all the answers and you are the only one that is ever correct. We have Gayle already and don't need to two more clones roaming around.

eg8r

LWW
10-25-2007, 09:18 AM
Well, he really didn't...but with victories so few and far between for your trolling I guess a draw is reason for celebration.

What Banger refered to was in reference to you not caring about Senator, and Klu Klux Klan Kleagle and Exalted Cyclops, Robert Byrd's history as a recruiter for the nation's largest homegrown terrorist group so long as he delivered to pork back home.

His reference was to how the conversation would always go downhill once his name was brought up because I would point out the truth and you would buy any excuse given because he has this following his name on the ballot---&gt; (D).

BTW, your escapades are starting to blow up in your face like an Elmer Fudd cigar old buddy.

LWW

hondo
10-25-2007, 09:46 AM
As long as you see your babbling in terms of " victories"
there's no place for us to go.
You've got enough hot air to blow up an onion sack.
Okay, you win! Happy? What exactly have you won?
Keep pontificating on here and charming the CCBers.
Meanwhile, I'll be praying for America, Mr " Winner."

bamadog
10-25-2007, 09:48 AM
I stand by my posts. <hr /></blockquote> That is mighty big of you, I mean come on, who else would want to stand in place for you? You appear to be lww's lapdog and usually travel around after him or sticking up for him so I really don't care if either of you two allow this to sink in your head or not.

If either of the two of you want to actually discuss your content then you will need to change your attitude, accept that or not.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

UH OH!
It looks like I'm getting another citation from little miss manners.

Lady or Sir, you are back pedaling so fast your heals are burning.
First you said I attacked, then you said well no you didn't attack but you have a bad attitude. And now you're saying you ( the board members ) made a pre-emptive attack on me because you knew I would attack.
What kind of a frightened little person are you?

You seem to be absolutely mesmerized by mine and LWW's presence here. Well, I must tell you that I am happily married, so your attentions, although flattering, will never be returned in the manner you obviously desire. However, if you are a truly hot babe, send a photo.

Again, I only mention these things so that you can amend your ways and be all you can be on the forum. Cheers

LWW
10-25-2007, 10:21 AM
Want some tissue?

LWW

eg8r
10-25-2007, 11:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
First you said I attacked, then you said well no you didn't attack but you have a bad attitude. <hr /></blockquote> For a while I was giving you the benefit of doubt for having a brain bigger than a dog, but alas you are dog through and through. Where in my posts have I reneged on the attacking post and stated, "well no you didn't attack but you have a bad attitude" (I am not saying I said that, but after reading through this particular string of posts I did not see it). I HAVE BEEN SAYING BAD ATTITUDE SINCE MY FIRST POST ABOUT IT TO LWW. You decided to come pee on the wall and ankle bite when you saw that someone was telling the truth about lww and then I just lumped your pathetic butt in there also.

I am not backtracking at all, I have said from the beginning the attitude from lww and yourself have been the reason you don't get any discussion on these boards. Now if you want to continue to be too stupid to comprehend this that is fine, you have already shoved your head deep enough in the sand.

Everyone on the board knew exactly what the two of you were like before you ever came in an bugged us, I just thought a little attitude adjustment from you would have helped change that perception. You have no interest in that so have at it lap dog.

eg8r

bamadog
10-25-2007, 04:19 PM
First you said I attacked, then you said well no you didn't attack but you have a bad attitude. <hr /></blockquote> For a while I was giving you the benefit of doubt for having a brain bigger than a dog, but alas you are dog through and through. Where in my posts have I reneged on the attacking post and stated, "well no you didn't attack but you have a bad attitude" (I am not saying I said that, but after reading through this particular string of posts I did not see it). I HAVE BEEN SAYING BAD ATTITUDE SINCE MY FIRST POST ABOUT IT TO LWW. You decided to come pee on the wall and ankle bite when you saw that someone was telling the truth about lww and then I just lumped your pathetic butt in there also.

I am not backtracking at all, I have said from the beginning the attitude from lww and yourself have been the reason you don't get any discussion on these boards. Now if you want to continue to be too stupid to comprehend this that is fine, you have already shoved your head deep enough in the sand.

Everyone on the board knew exactly what the two of you were like before you ever came in an bugged us, I just thought a little attitude adjustment from you would have helped change that perception. You have no interest in that so have at it lap dog.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Well little lady, as usual you ignored my question and went off on one of your screeds. I apologise if english is not your first language. And I'll go slowly.

Did you write this?
"You arrived here in an attacking manner but you don't want that to be mentioned on the board."
Because I copied it from one of your posts.

So your protestations that you never said I attacked are wearing a little thin.
Secondly, you are obviously hypnotized by my presense on the forum, as you keep saying you just want to help. Well, I never asked for your help, and I don't want your help. But if you continue to push your help on me, maybe we could make an appointment and you could drop by and do my laundry.
My wife would appreciate that as well.
Third, please get someone to read you the quote from Churchill that I customized for you personally. Concentrate on it. Understanding it and taking it to heart will be the key for your further enjoyment and growth on the forum. Cheers

eg8r
10-28-2007, 01:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well little lady, as usual you ignored my question <hr /></blockquote> Why would you think I would pay attention to your questions, when you have refused to pay any attention to my posts? You are right, I ignored your question. Any chance you have bothered to changed your attitude?

eg8r &lt;~~~hoping butthead bama(puppy)dog catches on that I have ignored everything else he has typed /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

bamadog
10-28-2007, 06:45 PM
Well little lady, as usual you ignored my question <hr /></blockquote> Why would you think I would pay attention to your questions, when you have refused to pay any attention to my posts? You are right, I ignored your question. Any chance you have bothered to changed your attitude?

eg8r &lt;~~~hoping butthead bama(puppy)dog catches on that I have ignored everything else he has typed /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Hell hath no fury like a lady scorned.