PDA

View Full Version : Fundraiser at Capone's

DSAPOLIS
10-23-2007, 07:48 AM
On November 3-4, 2007 there will be a Ladies Spirit Tour event at Capones in Spring Hill, Florida. In conjunction with this event, we will have a fundraiser to raise money for the family of 3 year old Brandon Amato of Spring Hill, who has acute lymphoblastic leukemia.

As part of this effort, I will attempt to pocket 10,000 balls in 24 hours - breaking it down in 2 days - 12 hours on Saturday, 12 hours on Sunday. I will be racking 15 balls, breaking them, and clearing the table constantly on a Diamond table.

We are asking the members of this forum to donate what they can to this cause - I am asking for donations of any kind - perhaps a penny for every ball I pocket, or $5 for every thousand balls - a quarter for every hundred balls ... or you can donate any amount regardless of my run number - this is going towards a good cause to help a family that is dealing with this disease, and the financial burdens and stress that accompany it.

I will also be accepting donated items that will be raffled off - cues - books - training aids - cases - autographed pictures of profesional players - whatever you have...

No donaton is too small.

For more information, contact me via PM or at 407-873-0298 or contact Louie Smith or Rocky McElroy at Capone's - (352) 688-9965.

Thank you!

Deeman3
10-23-2007, 10:15 AM
P.M. me an address and I'll send a check. Good luck on this. It is very kind of you, as you always do, to give something back to pool and other good events as well.

If you can't send much, send a little. This is for a good cause. Otherwise, you'll blow it on beer.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

wolfdancer
10-23-2007, 01:06 PM
Dave, that's a heck of a task you are undertaking. I did the math and it works out that to do it in the time frame that you have in mind...you need to both rack and run the rack, in just a hair over 2 minutes. It might work to have two tables and someone racking for you....still one physically and mentally challenging feat.But it is for a great cause.
We never realize, until we read about this happening to others, how blessed we are, not having a loved one having to cope with something similar.

DSAPOLIS
11-01-2007, 01:38 PM
Thanks Dee and Wolfdancer! Here is some more info...

This is an update on this fundraiser...

I will begin pocketing balls at 11 AM on Saturday morning - and continue pocket balls for 12 consecutive hours at light speed - breaking at about 1130 - and returning the next day to do it all over again.

My goals is to pocket 10,000 balls by days end on Sunday
donate a penny a ball - a dime per rack -
- but the number of balls I pocket really isn't important.

We are raising money for this family that has been burdened by the financial hardships of this disease. All help will be greatly appreciated.

You can donate any amount to this cause - we have a site set up for donations. The web site does not accept pay pal donations. If you would like to make a pay pal donation, get with me privately.

Here is the webpage for those who wish to donate -

Donations for The Family of Brandon Amato (http://www.supportourgroup.com/ZF533)

Open your hearts!

Thank you & God bless.

wolfdancer
11-01-2007, 02:25 PM
David, I added a small donation. I have reservations about submitting my personal data, but BofA now has a neat shopsafe feature....A temporary CC # is issued for a one time transaction...
Hope the fund raiser is successful....hope you hold up under the ordeal....it's good to know that there are still folks willing to go out of their way to help others, jd