PDA

View Full Version : BOY, AM I SORRY I WANDERED INTO THIS SECTION!

Eric.
10-23-2007, 11:22 AM
Why? You really have to ask??

Eric

Drop1
10-23-2007, 11:37 AM
Think you can find your way out?

SKennedy
10-23-2007, 11:38 AM
I can understand why....but sometimes it is fun especially since you can only read so much about squirt and throw....But don't hang around in this section too long as it does become semi-addictive.
I am beginning to think that Gayle & Company actually recruited LMM and Bamadog to post on here in an effort to drive off "moderates" or those that are not "extreme". If so, she's pretty salty!

Gayle in MD
10-23-2007, 11:51 AM
<font color="red">Is this what you call moderate??? Oh, but you're the one who insists there is no global warming, right? We have an entire coast, in flames, and states on the opposite side of the country, with dry lakes, deep enough to completely cover Manhattan in water, but you don't believe in global warming, right? I'd hardly appoint you as a good judge of what is moderate!

Oh, and sorry about that addiction of yours. You obviously cannot write a post without including my name in it. Dont say I didn't warn you. After a whole night of watching Rethuglican men out to show their esxperience and leadership qualities, unable to focus on anything but bashing Hillary Clinton, I'd say this illness is vastly evident, and afflicting radical right wing males, suffering from insecurity, all over the country, including our own little CCB. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif</font color>

LWW
10-23-2007, 12:15 PM
Question Gayle?

When did the most recent ice age end?

LWW

SKennedy
10-23-2007, 12:25 PM
Gayle, Gayle, Gayle....
I never said I was a moderate.
I do believe in global warming....it's just that I don't believe man is responsible. I also don't believe it is the problem relative to fires in California.....but I'm sure I'm not the "expert" you are on that matter either.
And....my post was meant tongue-in-cheek, especially the part about you. I only mentioned you as you seem to be the celebrity poster child here for the left. If anything, my post was negative about LWW.
And another thing...I have not yet watched a republican debate this election. Furthermore, don't flatter yourself that I would have some type of fixation on you. I just fussed at LWW for being arrogant, and you are just as bad as he. Your arrogance is just manifested differently. Although you may have been a pin-up gal, you are much too old for me....and I'm sure I've had better. Unless you can pass as a twin for Michelle Pfeiffer (sp?), then I could care less. And, my misses turns plenty of heads for the right reasons too....she did so at 19 and still does, and she has been told by many that she does look like Michelle. Both you and LWW should stop taking yourselves so seriously, or I'll have to agree with Eric and just go back to squirt and swerve........only. You must have one imagination to have read my post and think it deserved that type of attack from you. I would expect that from LWW, but you really disappoint me....see...my fixation on you has suddenly vanished.

SKennedy
10-23-2007, 12:28 PM
P.S. Gayle...
Saying someone was "salty" use to be a compliment. Be sure and re-read my post and this time try to read it in the manner it was intended....or, is this just a bad day for you?

Gayle in MD
10-23-2007, 12:44 PM
LOL, aren't you over reacting a bit? I see no attack in my post, and think it is as "tongue in cheek" as yours. In fact, if anything, I believe you're response provides a view of your own self-agrandizing needs, and egoism.

[ QUOTE ]
Although you may have been a pin-up gal, you are much too old for me....and I'm sure I've had better. Unless you can pass as a twin for Michelle Pfeiffer (sp?), then I could care less. And, my misses turns plenty of heads for the right reasons too....she did so at 19 and still does, and she has been told by many that she does look like Michelle. <hr /></blockquote>

Care to continue your self-serving egotistical rant? Maybe you'd like to give us breast measurements? Number of sexual partners? Length of....

Chill, if anyone is taking this thread too seriously, it's you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Also, don't flatter youself, I've never been attracted to braggers, nor cocksmen. Anyone who would put down the USO, isn't a person I could ever admire.

Gayle in Md.

Vapros
10-23-2007, 12:46 PM
Pal, get someone to explain to you about sleeping dogs.

SKennedy
10-23-2007, 01:00 PM
You are correct!

SKennedy
10-23-2007, 01:14 PM
OK....if your post was meant tongue in cheek, then I was way out of line and I humbly apologize. And yes, I may have gone a little overboard in my response. For the record....my breast cup size is slightly smaller than my wife's, my length is slightly longer than hers, and as for the number of partners...just her (one) for the last 33+ years.....(we're not counting animals right?...just kidding..although I am from Texas).
Again, guilty as charged on my last post...and I'm sorry.
However, about the USO thing.....I don't remember what I said previously but I'm sure my point was to aggravate you more than anything. I only had one personal experience with the USO while I was in the service and it was not real pleasant. However, it may have just been the few particular people involved. You mentioned that Bob Hope had asked you to join him. He was a class act, and I did get the opportunity to see him while in the service at the Philadelphia Naval Hospital. For the record...I do not have a problem with the USO, nor pin-up gals, nor ladies in their 60's, etc.
Guess my wife is right....I actually do overreact sometimes.

Gayle in MD
10-23-2007, 01:22 PM
Apology accepted.

Gayle in Md.

SKennedy
10-23-2007, 01:27 PM
You know what's really ironic? The response this thread got from Eric's post. Does this justify his initial comment?

SKennedy
10-23-2007, 01:28 PM
Thank you.

wolfdancer
10-23-2007, 01:38 PM
Eric, it's a quagmire down here and you might want to take off your Dingo boots before wading in:
http://www.adclassix.com/images/78oj_dingo.jpg
Maybe start off with some older topic like..... did Sacco &amp; Venzetti get a fair trial, or were they railroaded by the right?
Like Vampires, we're always looking for some fresh blood down here

LWW
10-23-2007, 01:40 PM
So, when did the most recent ice age end?

LWW

Gayle in MD
10-23-2007, 02:19 PM
Don't mention it. I'm sorry, too. Misunderstandings are frequent on internet forums. I used to be very careful what I wrote on here, and how politely it came off, then one day I wrote my thoughts about Bush. After the dust settled, I lost my desire to stay above the fray. For what, I wondered. Regardless of how I wrote my thoughts, if they were critical of this administration, or Bush, I was bashed, and insulted, by the right. Often I was joking, typical comic styled presidential and first lady jabs. But that, too was unacceptable, and the right went berzerk over it.

Now, after years more of Bush, and this administration, I have accumulated a library of documentation, and a boatload of anger over the things Bush has done. I like my anger, and hope I can maintain it. I view it as patriotic, necessary, and a valuable part of myself, as an American. I view it as completely appropriate, and I use it to take some action, which in many ways which I find rewarding and good for our country, and our troops.

I don't aim to distress people, and some here probably don't aim to do that to me, either, although, that is more the excepttion, than the rule, when speaking of my constant critics from the right. I do find it antithetical to rich debate, but hey, I'm not the post police, I'm just like the rest here, no better, no worse, just another opinion, and you know what they say about those.

I admit, that when I read the same old right wing lies, over and over, still being propagated, after all these years, and know of all the available documentation to the contrary, from so many sources of respect and close proximity, it gets irritating, and I have little patience with that. For example, IMO, one would have to be thoroughly brain washed to still try to fly the idea that Plame wasn't covert, or that Bush, Cheney, Rice Powell and Rumsfeld, didn't lie to us to launch this war. But, alas, there seems to be no end to what I view as right wing propaganda, and given that Fox News, has admitted to having promoted Bush's ideology for war, and was the only News Organization to name Gore, early, as the winner of the election, sending many Democratic voters home, and consider the use of fake press "plants" in the White House Press Room, and friendly editorials full of flase information about the progress of the war, paid for by the White House, and outings of secret agents, by Rove and Libby, using someone like Novak, who has been riding in Rove's underware for twenty years, nothing but a Republican tool, and particularly for Rove, yet the e-mails they exchanged regarding the outing, were mostly missing.

Well, I maintain, with good reason, I believe, that the right cares little about the law breaking of the Bush administration, and the use of old news about the Clinton's, IMO, has nothing to do with what George Bush has done to this country. And After all the hullabaleu over a lie about sex, at a time when I was following clinton's administration, and very concerned about the distraction away from terrorism, and studying about bin Laden, at that time, Republicans of that era, made me furious, for wasting the countries time over an issue that was certainly no national security threat, nor was it, imo, anyone elses business.

Hence, I'm damned angry, and think I'm among the majority of Americans in this country, who would give anything if Bush had never gotten into the White House, and who think that even aside from his lies and deciet, that the damage to our country has been unprecedented, and just watching him swagger around, still rattling his saber, and bragging, unfustifiably over things he perceives as winning, which are only results of a razor thin majority, still bloaced by the same partisan Republicans who have covered up for this criminal, all after having proven himself a liar and incompetent as a leader, there is truly no other position for someone like me to write about this war, and this administration, other than to say exactly what I believe. The right, hates the Clinton's, and liberals, more than they love their country. But I, on the other hand, am disgusted with Republicans, because I love my country, and the freedoms, and privacy which we formerly enjoyed. I am convinced, that Bush exploited American grief, during our tragic shock, after 9/11, and I can't help but wonder what he real reasons were, and suspect them to be questionable, given that he covered up his true reasons, with so many lies, and they have been proven to be lies, intentional lies.

Sorry for the long response, and yes, it is ironic, this post included, in this thread, in particular. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

SKennedy
10-23-2007, 02:35 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> I like my anger, and hope I can maintain it. I view it as patriotic, necessary, and a valuable part of myself, as an American. I view it as completely appropriate, and I use it to take some action, which in many ways which I find rewarding and good for our country, and our troops.
<hr /></blockquote>

In the end that is what's important. We can all disagree day in and day out, which is OK. What's important are the motivations. If you speak out for what you believe is right, then I will be glad to defend your right to do so....same with any other opposing viewpoint. I do believe you are a patriot and an American ,who wishes to do well for our country and our troops. Same here... for the most part in the end we all want the same things...the disagreement is in how to get there.

wolfdancer
10-23-2007, 02:43 PM
When Hillary gets elected...can Bill just roam free throughout the halls, chasing interns...without fear of a Congressional investigation?

Wally_in_Cincy
10-23-2007, 02:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> When Hillary gets elected...can Bill just roam free throughout the halls, chasing interns...without fear of a Congressional investigation? <hr /></blockquote>

You actually think he would want to be in the same building as Hillary? He will have his own plane and he's retired. He'll be in the Caribbean or somewhere /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

SKennedy
10-23-2007, 03:03 PM
Bill can do whatever....he won't matter that much, to me anyway.

I just went and visited a duck hunting forum site that I don't look at much anymore. Duck season starts here in less than 2 weeks, so I went for a forum visit.....BORING! But it only appears that way after being on this one.

Gayle in MD
10-23-2007, 04:13 PM
Hey, he can do whatever he wants, as far as I'm concerned, as long as he's out there as a roving Ambassador, we will have a shot at undoing the mess Bush has made all over the world. Clinton is loved all over the globe, as Hillary said, that would be his job, but I'm sure, they will do as they have always done, and collaborate about every National, and international decision. He always said that she was his most valued advisor, throughout his career, although I'm sure he didn't consult her about Monica! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

He's the one person on our political horizon who could restore our global friendships and allies, IMO. The people in turkey hate Bush, all but 9 percent, and when asked who their most beloved American was, they said Bill Clinton, by a huge majority, can't recall the percentage, but it was big.

Gayle in Md.

wolfdancer
10-23-2007, 04:32 PM
I think you'll like it here. We're one big family...
( "Stage Door", 1937 )

cushioncrawler
10-23-2007, 06:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr>So, when did the most recent ice age end? LWW<hr /></blockquote>I reckon that ice ages (and glaciationz) dont have an "end", nor a "beginning". From what i woz reading they probably have a max and a min (with the benefit of hindsight), ie on a 10,000 and/or 100,000yr time scale. They probably have a major-max , and a major-min, ie on a 10,000,000yr time scale (with the benefit of hindsight). At prezent, we appear to be at a minimum, but probably not at a major-minimum (i think). madMac.

bamadog
10-23-2007, 06:33 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SKennedy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> I like my anger, and hope I can maintain it. I view it as patriotic, necessary, and a valuable part of myself, as an American. I view it as completely appropriate, and I use it to take some action, which in many ways which I find rewarding and good for our country, and our troops.
<hr /></blockquote>

In the end that is what's important. We can all disagree day in and day out, which is OK. What's important are the motivations. If you speak out for what you believe is right, then I will be glad to defend your right to do so....same with any other opposing viewpoint. I do believe you are a patriot and an American ,who wishes to do well for our country and our troops. Same here... for the most part in the end we all want the same things...the disagreement is in how to get there.
<hr /></blockquote>

Sorry, but Gayle's embracing and promulgating defammatory and baseless conspiracy theories may be ludicrous and comical, but it is NOT PATRIOTIC!What part of the inability to distinguish reality from a conspiratorial fantasy is patriotic?

By denigrating the Troops' mission in Iraq, she, and other blame America first lefties, embolden the enemy and insult our allies.
The troops themselves have repeatedly said, if you don't support our mission then you don't support us.
It is that simple.

Drop1
10-23-2007, 07:32 PM
What a crock,I have a Neice over there,and she says the troops are not happy at all with the reasons they are there. I think it was Dr Johnson,who said "Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel" When all else fails,become a Patriot.

bamadog
10-23-2007, 08:09 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> What a crock,I have a Neice over there,and she says the troops are not happy at all with the reasons they are there. I think it was Dr Johnson,who said "Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel" When all else fails,become a Patriot. <hr /></blockquote>

Is that why re-enlstment rates are near an all-time high?
Is that why the Military vote for Bush in the last election was nearly 4 to 1 over Kerry?
Check out this new book "Hard Core", by, Navy Cross winner, Marco Martinez.
I heard him in interview the other day and he says EXACTLY what I said.
"If you don't support our mission, you don't support us"
Concerning your niece, non-combat personnel often have a different view of a mission for many reasons.
My Nephew is a Marine 0311 who spent 2 tours in Iraq. He was involved in several heavy campaigns including the battle of Falluja, and spent months in Haditha. He sat in my house a few months ago and told my crazy Bush-hating sister that her idea of supporting the troops was actually hurting them.
So, I think I'll take His word over yours on this one.

LWW
10-24-2007, 04:27 AM
You reckoned wrong.

LWW

bamadog
10-24-2007, 10:05 AM
BTW, why is your niece in Iraq?

Gayle in MD
10-24-2007, 10:32 AM
LMAO, yeah Drop, didn't you know that our troops all love Bush, BWA HA HA HA, that's why he has to hand pick every troop that is in the room when he visits!

These idiots, yes, IDIOTS, have obviously not seen the polls published by Army Times, nor have they visited any Veterans hospitals, certainly not Walter Reed, I can asure you.

The right wing neocon media is their only provisional link. These people are typical right wing nuts. Seventy percent of Americans do not support George Bush, really, many more than that, now. over Seventy Percent of Americans say that this war was a total mistake. Seventy percent of Iraqis want us out of there, and over sicty percent say they want to kill us.

I wouldn't wast my time with either of these A-holes. their living in the proverbial right wing fantasy land called denial. they even provide links for the War Resolution, without posting the conditions, in an effort to try to prove someone else wrong.

Hey,the minute they tried to say that Valarie Plame wasn't covert, and that no law had been broken, I knew they wer without any reasoning ability, just a few more of the nutty 28 % in this country, who used their votes to put the United States into the worst circumstances we have face since WWII.

I've talked one on one with these guys and gals throughout this war, and believe me, they think Bush is NUTS!

Obviously, two of the nuttiest nuts of all have invaded this board, but they have no credibility, and their self agrandizing version of their post results, are proof of that! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Here's a post election headline for them...

"How Can Forty Million People Be So Dumb?"

LWW
10-24-2007, 11:45 AM
Would you care to share some of these polls you refer to?

LWW

SKennedy
10-24-2007, 12:58 PM
Only Gayle knows the real answer about her being patriotic. I suspect she is at least as patriotic as LWW, and likely more so.....unless it is "patriotism for self", in which case even I may have to take a back seat to LWW.

SKennedy
10-24-2007, 01:00 PM
My gosh....he's (LWW) even got me taking up for Gayle!!!

bamadog
10-24-2007, 04:31 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> LMAO, yeah Drop, didn't you know that our troops all love Bush, BWA HA HA HA, that's why he has to hand pick every troop that is in the room when he visits!

These idiots, yes, IDIOTS, have obviously not seen the polls published by Army Times, nor have they visited any Veterans hospitals, certainly not Walter Reed, I can asure you.

The right wing neocon media is their only provisional link. These people are typical right wing nuts. Seventy percent of Americans do not support George Bush, really, many more than that, now. over Seventy Percent of Americans say that this war was a total mistake. Seventy percent of Iraqis want us out of there, and over sicty percent say they want to kill us.

I wouldn't wast my time with either of these A-holes. their living in the proverbial right wing fantasy land called denial. they even provide links for the War Resolution, without posting the conditions, in an effort to try to prove someone else wrong.

Hey,the minute they tried to say that Valarie Plame wasn't covert, and that no law had been broken, I knew they wer without any reasoning ability, just a few more of the nutty 28 % in this country, who used their votes to put the United States into the worst circumstances we have face since WWII.

I've talked one on one with these guys and gals throughout this war, and believe me, they think Bush is NUTS!

Obviously, two of the nuttiest nuts of all have invaded this board, but they have no credibility, and their self agrandizing version of their post results, are proof of that! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Here's a post election headline for them...

"How Can Forty Million People Be So Dumb?"

<hr /></blockquote>

Another excellent rant Gayle!
Ever true to your high standards, there were several personal attacks against those with whom you disagree. And as usual you supported none of your assertions with facts.
You continue to impress.

cushioncrawler
10-24-2007, 05:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr>You reckoned wrong...<hr /></blockquote>We appear to be at a minor minimum, so, temps shood about now start falling and continue falling for i think i redd perhaps 50,000yrs untill temps start rizing again. But man-made global-warming will now affekt the natural cycle. And, the effekt of GW will be sudden (100yr time-scale) compared to the natural non-sudden ice-age cycles (1000yr time-scales, 100,000yr cycles). madMac.

wolfdancer
10-24-2007, 06:05 PM
Mac , it's no use bringing up global warming here, but while the seas are rising, the Great Lakes are receding , and Lake Mead's water line is 100 ft below it's norm...(that's visible to the naked eye, by the way)
So call it something else,a "cycle" perhaps.. but there is no denying that the climatic conditions are changing....and having adequate fresh water may become a near future problem.
I was reading how each 1 ft drop in the Great Lakes water level, forces the freighters to lighten their load by 500k plus lbs....which adds up to the consumers costs.
I'm sure though I'll be "proved" wrong in this reply by our resident wunderkind...
It could be worse though...I could be locked in a room, with Barry Manilow music playing over the loudspeaker....in just a few hours I'd confess to anything. Wonder why they don't use that method in Guantamino?

LWW
10-25-2007, 04:10 AM
Actually you made some sense there.

I don't recall anyone denying GW.

As to the Gitmo reference...

...that's funny.

They have tried exactly that at Gitmo, except I think different artists, and the neoleft screamed "TORTURE" at the tops of their lungs.

That's why I started the thread on getting a consensus definition of torture.

LWW