S0Noma
10-25-2007, 05:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4Hs-b9_OR0&sdig=1

Deeman3
10-25-2007, 07:36 PM
It's about time.

bamadog
10-25-2007, 08:50 PM
Funny thing, when the oil companies had record losses in the early 80's, where was the outrage from the public asking the Govt. to step in and do something?
If you think the oil companies are going to make record profits, step up to the plate and buy their stock.

wolfdancer
10-26-2007, 12:30 AM
R, welcome back !!! you'll notice that the board has changed, for the worse. I'm wondering how well a couple of posters here would fare trying to put down the couple of PhD's over on your site??

LWW
10-26-2007, 04:20 AM
OK, time for a dose of reality.

1-Entities such as "EXXON" and "BIG OIL" are imaginary creations.

2-What they really are is a conglomeration of millions of individual investors thru stocks, IRA's, 401K's, mutual funds, grandmas, butchers, bakers, and candlesticj makers, etcetera.

3-ALL CORPORATIONS have as their #1 legal duty a responsibility to increase the wealth of those in point #2.

4-ANYONE can go down and but EXXON stocks if they are convince the profits are so massive.

5-If you have a mutual fund, IRA, or 401K yourself then you are quite likely an "OIL BARON" or a member of "BIG OIL" yourself.

LWW

wolfdancer
10-26-2007, 09:36 AM
Now that is really funny...telling Richard how big companies operate...if he hasn't left again by now...that post should do the trick.
Here's a tip....when you're trying to impress someone with your worldly knowledge....you might want to know a little bit about their credentials beforehand....
Well, maybe not, since that wouldn't fit in with your imagined mental superiority over everybody here.

LWW
10-26-2007, 10:00 AM
Credentials do not make disinformation wrong.

Do you have anything which disputes what I posted, or are you again arguing because you just don't like hearing a non hate filled neoleft rant about big oil?

LWW

SKennedy
10-26-2007, 10:04 AM
Deeman said it all in his reply. I'll only add...."so what?"
Good for Exxon! Or would you prefer Enron?

bsmutz
10-26-2007, 10:19 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr> Credentials do not make disinformation wrong.

Do you have anything which disputes what I posted, or are you again arguing because you just don't like hearing a non hate filled neoleft rant about big oil?

LWW <hr /></blockquote>
I got your back, Wolfie.

<font color="blue"> Wrong, what you wrote below is not reality, and I will show you why. Follow along, please. </font color>
<font color="blue"> Exxon is a huge corporation, it is not imaginary like most of your friends. Wrong on point one. </font color>
2-What they really are is a conglomeration of millions of individual investors thru stocks, IRA's, 401K's, mutual funds, grandmas, butchers, bakers, and candlesticj makers, etcetera.
<font color="blue">Since there is no such thing as a candlesticj maker, wrong on point two. You've left out the board of directors and other managers that decide corporate policy on behalf of their investors (kind of like our elected officials doing what's right for us from their viewpoint). </font color>
3-ALL CORPORATIONS have as their #1 legal duty a responsibility to increase the wealth of those in point #2.
<font color="blue"> Sorry, nothing in the law that says a corporation must make a profit for their investors. Wrong on point 3. </font color>
4-ANYONE can go down and but EXXON stocks if they are convince the profits are so massive.
<font color="blue"> Not sure how anyone can "go down and but". Wrong on point 4. </font color>
5-If you have a mutual fund, IRA, or 401K yourself then you are quite likely an "OIL BARON" or a member of "BIG OIL" yourself.
<font color="blue"> Just because you have a few dollars, few hundred, or few thousand dollars invested here or there, it does not make you an oil baron. Wrong on point 5, which by my score makes you wrong on all points. WRONG, WRONG, WRONG I tell you! </font color>

wolfdancer
10-26-2007, 10:36 AM
my comments were specifically directed at you "educating" Richard on the way big business works. whatever else you read into them is just another example of why no one can have a reasonable discussion with you.
You seem to **** not only know everything, about everything.."The World According To LWW" but feel the need to explain it in detail to the rest of us.
The real tip off of how your mind works though, is this "hate" insinuation re: anyone that disagrees with you.
I'm trying to ignore anything that you post, because it's all crap, and crap that has been regurgitated here many times before...but I just had to check out your replies to Richard.

web page (http://www.nonstick.com/sounds/Bugs_Bunny/ltbb_132.wav)

wolfdancer
10-26-2007, 10:46 AM
Bill, thanks for that post. I have to admit that when I read some of his posts (and I try not to read too many) I'm at a loss for words.

bamadog
10-26-2007, 10:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> my comments were specifically directed at you "educating" Richard on the way big business works. whatever else you read into them is just another example of why no one can have a reasonable discussion with you.
You seem to **** not only know everything, about everything.."The World According To LWW" but feel the need to explain it in detail to the rest of us.
The real tip off of how your mind works though, is this "hate" insinuation re: anyone that disagrees with you.
I'm trying to ignore anything that you post, because it's all crap, and crap that has been regurgitated here many times before...but I just had to check out your replies to Richard.

web page (http://www.nonstick.com/sounds/Bugs_Bunny/ltbb_132.wav) <hr /></blockquote>

Can you point me to a thread here where YOU have had a "reasonable" discussion with someone?
Because so far I haven't seen one.

wolfdancer
10-26-2007, 11:15 AM
Sorry, I ain't got the time, nor the inclination to help you out. You're just another guy with a chip on your shoulder, trying to start an argument with people. I haven't seen either of you post anything positive yet...and according to Hondo, that was your track records, over at AZB.
Except for a few run ins with Ed, and Steve...I've had very few disagreements here in the years I have been on this board.
And, I recently did a small favor for Steve, and he was kind enough to offer to help me out on something relating to my pool game. We can argue politics, but we both know that doesn't define a person....Can't envision myself though exchanging Xmas cards with either of you two.
I'd vote you both off the "Island" if that were allowed...but it could backfire...they might vote me off instead.
Anyway, since I read so few of what either of you have to offer here...it really doesn't bother me that much, whatever crap you are trying to promote...
So far, I haven't seen too many members here supporting your
side of the controversies you two have originated?????

bamadog
10-26-2007, 12:51 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Sorry, I ain't got the time, nor the inclination to help you out. You're just another guy with a chip on your shoulder, trying to start an argument with people. I haven't seen either of you post anything positive yet...and according to Hondo, that was your track records, over at AZB.
Except for a few run ins with Ed, and Steve...I've had very few disagreements here in the years I have been on this board.
And, I recently did a small favor for Steve, and he was kind enough to offer to help me out on something relating to my pool game. We can argue politics, but we both know that doesn't define a person....Can't envision myself though exchanging Xmas cards with either of you two.
I'd vote you both off the "Island" if that were allowed...but it could backfire...they might vote me off instead.
Anyway, since I read so few of what either of you have to offer here...it really doesn't bother me that much, whatever crap you are trying to promote...
So far, I haven't seen too many members here supporting your
side of the controversies you two have originated?????
<hr /></blockquote>

You know Toto, when you went over to AZ recently and posted some of your inane jewels, you basically were laughed off the board. You became the poster child for the dismal level of discussion over here.
Gayle should have sent a more coherent ambassador. Bad PR!
I mean really, look at the dozens of threads you start which are pointless and nearly unreadable. It is a disgrace.
Shape up man!
You must have something better inside you than you've shown so far.
Cheers!

LWW
10-26-2007, 02:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bsmutz:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr> Credentials do not make disinformation wrong.

LWW <hr /></blockquote>
I got your back, Wolfie.

<font color="blue"> Wrong, what you wrote below is not reality, and I will show you why. Follow along, please. </font color>
<font color="blue"> Exxon is a huge corporation, it is not imaginary like most of your friends. Wrong on point one. </font color> <font color="black">Are you truly this naive and uninformed? A corporation is not an entity, it is a shell to shield a group of investors or investor. It only exists on paper.</font color>
<font color="blue">Since there is no such thing as a candlesticj maker, wrong on point two. You've left out the board of directors and other managers that decide corporate policy on behalf of their investors (kind of like our elected officials doing what's right for us from their viewpoint). </font color> <font color="black">So I spend time posting and working and being a spellcheck idjit boy, but your point was that you have no point it seems. </font color>
<font color="blue"> Sorry, nothing in the law that says a corporation must make a profit for their investors. Wrong on point 3. </font color> <font color="black">OH PUHLEEZE! There are people in the pen right now for knowingly acting in a manner not consistent with the best interests of the stockholders. </font color>
4-ANYONE can go down and "BUY" EXXON stocks if they are convince the profits are so massive.
<font color="blue"> Not sure how anyone can "go down and but". Wrong on point 4. </font color> <font color="black">See above. </font color>
<font color="blue"> Just because you have a few dollars, few hundred, or few thousand dollars invested here or there, it does not make you an oil baron. Wrong on point 5, which by my score makes you wrong on all points. WRONG, WRONG, WRONG I tell you! </font color> <font color="black">You could make an argument that you are right here simply because the stereotypical JR Ewing "OIL BARON" no longer exists.

Al Gore was actually the closest in political life to fit the oil baron label when he was on the board of Occidental...but you probably don't want to talk about that. </font color><hr /></blockquote>
Sorry, "BUT" should have been "BUY".

LWW

bsmutz
10-26-2007, 05:34 PM
"1-Entities such as "EXXON" and "BIG OIL" are imaginary creations.
Are you truly this naive and uninformed? A corporation is not an entity, it is a shell to shield a group of investors or investor. It only exists on paper."

<font color="red"> What???? First you say it is an entity, then you say it isn't and I'm the one who is naive and uninformed? I work for a corporation. There are many people all over the globe that are part of a corporation. Look it up. They are real. </font color>
So I spend time posting and working and being a spellcheck idjit boy, but your point was that you have no point it seems.
<font color="red"> My point is that there are always managers, boards of directors, etc. that shape a company's policies and make decisions for the investors regardless of what the "millions" of investors might think is best for their investment, the world, or the company they invested in. </font color>
OH PUHLEEZE! There are people in the pen right now for knowingly acting in a manner not consistent with the best interests of the stockholders.
<font color="red">Here you've gone way overboard. Obviously there have been a few prosecutions over the years for the head honchos of companies that have blatantly ripped their investors off. Oh, wait, according to you these corporations aren't real, just protection on paper for the investors. Who's in the pen? A stack of paper? The "millions" of investors? (You really aren't very good at this, are you?) Why are there so many companies still in business that lose money year after year with no prosecution if their "number one legal duty" is to create wealth for their investors? (Nothing like a huge exaggeration to make a so-called point?)</font color>
4-ANYONE can go down and "BUY" EXXON stocks if they are convince the profits are so massive.
<font color="red"> Okay, since you apologized, I'll give you this one. Indeed, anyone can buy Exxon stock.</font color>
<font color="red"> Here I'll posit that in your scenario, you are most likely just an investor like "millions" of others and have little or no say in how the company is run and their policies. You are definitely not an Oil Baron and only in some minimalist way would you be considered part of "Big Oil". </font color>
I find it quite amusing that you think you have to start most every post with some type of statement that insinuates that the people you expect to read your post will be in opposition to whatever it is or that they have never heard of it until you, with all your infinite wisdom, finally opened their eyes for them. Have a nice weekend!

wolfdancer
10-27-2007, 12:07 AM
It was bad enough when we got the 4th grade primer on politics...now we have to read this crap about the market?
I get all info I need from CNBC, and VectorVest...and without the **** attitude. I've made money the past 3 years, but I did get caught holding Enron, and Global Crossing.
I also get all the political news I need to hear from CNN,C-Span, etc without the **** attitude.

wolfdancer
10-27-2007, 12:39 AM
Post deleted by wolfdancer

bamadog
10-27-2007, 12:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> I didn't have a chance over there, competing against you two. I know when I'm outclassed and over matched.
I can't even hold my own over here, because you two seem to have all the answers, and I have to get mine second hand from TV, newspapers, etc.
You've both made such a great impact over here, and lots of friends as well, and I'm learning so much, esp. from LWW's
posts.
Since you insist on calling me toto, you arrogant f**K...do you mind if I call you a$$hole? <hr /></blockquote>

Oooo! Don't like it do you?
Why don't you review your answer to my very first post here?
I will accept your apology when you are man enough to offer it.

wolfdancer
10-27-2007, 01:01 AM
I thought it over and deleted my reply...I didn't want to sink to your level...I'm just going to forward the insults to the board admin...maybe we can get the civility back that we lost since you two arrived....

wolfdancer
10-27-2007, 01:30 AM
I think you're stepping out of your league again...explaining the market to Bill. Just like you guys jumping on Sonoma...you have no clue who you are trying to educate.....I'll give you one hint though....ain't no poor people living over in Sonoma County....and not too many dumb people up here had a separate building erected to house their two pool tables.
Both of these guys are very successful people, and more important...Good people. I hope that your friends can say the same about you two.
So unless you are better looking then Marie Bartiromo, and smarter then Joe Kernen, or David Faber...why don't you skip the stock report?
Politics and the war seems to be your bailiwick anyway...you don't want to spread your expertise too thin...I know you have your #2 guy to fill in the gaps
But "you cannot be all things to all people"
1 Corinthians 9, 19-23

cushioncrawler
10-27-2007, 03:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr>...my comments were specifically directed at you "educating" Richard on the way big business works...<hr /></blockquote>Woolfy -- We all know how big-bizness works, it works like this -- CEOz look after CEOz -- they all sit on 5 or 6 boardz, and, their job iz to look after their mates (other ceoz) -- and their mates (other ceoz) will look after them. It haz zero to do with profits etc etc -- it iz all about ceoz -- most of them having zero real knowledge about anything worth knowing. madMac.

cushioncrawler
10-27-2007, 03:42 AM
Its amazing. Here we have big-bizness getting black stuff, which belongz to all of us, and which iz not renewable, for allmost zero cost, and, big-bizness not even knowing what that black stuff iz, nor, where it kumz from.

Doubtless that exxon will uze its wealth to stifle any research into alternative energy sources -- Bastardz. madMac.

Gayle in MD
10-27-2007, 05:55 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071026/bs_nm/markets_oil_dc

Bush's in W.H., Oil up, dollar down, end of story.

Bush cuts wildfire funding, outsources fire fighting, less money for early stage fire righting, more disasterous fires
result, end of story.

Global warming, to create water shortages in 36 states, Bush blocks through censoring, scientific reports on global warming.

Center For Disease Control, reports on health issues resulting from global warming, Bush KGB, censors report.

Exxon making record profits, Americans struggle with rising energy costs, Cheney and Bush refuse relief through reserves.

Republicans in Office, information hidden, oversight suspended, Bush and Cheney torture and spy illegally.

Republicans in office, Rich get richer, Middle Class wages fall, high paying jobs drop, chasm between rich and poor grows, outsourcing encouraged, Corporate tax loop holes insure escape from paying their fair share of taxes, as they outsource American jobs, insource cheap labor, outsource American manufacturing, ignore huge trade deficits, dollar loses value, China uses interest on American loans for buying out America, devalues yen, trade deficits rise, Bush says stop, China laughs.

Cheney creates intel to occupy Iraq, holds energy meetings with American oil in secret, oil profits soar. 90% of American wealth, held by 10% of population.

Bush KGB says economy great, 9.8 trillion in debt, middle class and poor borrowing to stay afloat, corporations, and particularly oil corporations, get huge subsidies, American consumers pay higher prices for energy, Cheney fights to keep secret meetings hidden.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Fires roar, FEMA holds fake news conference.

Contractors gouge Americans in Iraq, Rice lies about knowledge of corrupt contractors, evidence available since 2003. Company in question subsidiary of Halliburton.

Black Hawk, with connections to administration, enjoys billions in profits, insight Iraqis uprisings, sectarian violence soars, Black Hawk profits high, Middle class Americans dying on the battle ground, Bush cuts funding for Vets.

No Political Progress made during surge, Americans still dying on the battleground, standards for statistical analysis of American deaths, changed by Department Of Defense, diplomats refuse to go to Iraq, State Department forces them to go, Bush pushes for WWIII, rattles saber at Iran, Oil prices surge, Iraq cozies up to Iran, Russia cozies up to Iran, bin Laden lays plans.

Republicans in office, taxes cut, bombs are flying, oil prices up, National and Trade debt up, consumer costs up, corporate corruption up, bankruptsies up, international danger up, allies down, Real Estate down, recession approaches, Nutty 28% says all is great! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

LWW
10-27-2007, 06:11 AM
Sir, you have not refuted a single point I've made.

I do comm end you however because you actually read someone's post before flaming it...at least the second time.

Far too many people here blow off about something and they don't even make an attempt to take in the point of the post.

LWW

LWW
10-27-2007, 06:13 AM
Please, go to your nearest community college and take "ECONOMICS 101" before you post on the topic again and embarass yourself further.

LWW

LWW
10-27-2007, 06:18 AM
You don't have to read anything wolfie.

Your participation is entirely mandatory.

General options for those who participate in discussions are:

1-Agree with the poster.
2-Agree, but add additional info.
3-Disagree with the poster while explaining why.
4-Agree with part but not all and explain why.
5-Ignore the topic.

you however, along with hondo seem to 100% of the time choose the last option...

6-Disagree without even comprehending, go on an attack to deflect the topic into the gutter, and make a fool of themself in public all to stop a differing opinion from being voiced...and then claim to have been the victim the whole time themself.

I've always been curious what it is that drives people to behave in such a manner?

LWW

Sid_Vicious
10-27-2007, 06:19 AM
Just came to me Gayle...if Clinton was in office and this post of your made showing the FACTS, that nutty 28% would probably all have to go on anti-suicide meds. Damned if I will ever understand how this country chose AWAY from the Democrats and purposely fu'd the robust economic and political atmosphere we had with Bill.

Seriously though, had Bill Clinton had even one really nasty POS crime like this chimp has, I can imagine the right going relentlessly for criminal actions. Bush though can stack crime after crime up and they cheer him on. Bush is BL's most valuable cohert, I truly believe that.

Bush just may be the leader for this one world order, and he KNOWS nada about true patriotism, much less understands the oath he took..sid

LWW
10-27-2007, 06:23 AM
When did I call you Toto?

LWW

bamadog
10-27-2007, 10:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> I think you're stepping out of your league again...explaining the market to Bill. Just like you guys jumping on Sonoma...you have no clue who you are trying to educate.....I'll give you one hint though....ain't no poor people living over in Sonoma County....and not too many dumb people up here had a separate building erected to house their two pool tables.
Both of these guys are very successful people, and more important...Good people. I hope that your friends can say the same about you two.
So unless you are better looking then Marie Bartiromo, and smarter then Joe Kernen, or David Faber...why don't you skip the stock report?
Politics and the war seems to be your bailiwick anyway...you don't want to spread your expertise too thin...I know you have your #2 guy to fill in the gaps
But "you cannot be all things to all people"
1 Corinthians 9, 19-23 <hr /></blockquote>

Then why don't you just let Bill and Sonoma speak for themselves?
Who elected YOU the spokesman here?

bamadog
10-27-2007, 12:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> I thought it over and deleted my reply...I didn't want to sink to your level...I'm just going to forward the insults to the board admin...maybe we can get the civility back that we lost since you two arrived....
<hr /></blockquote>

Uh, Oh! Too late! I already quoted your abusive post.
You are hilarious. You're the biggest trash slinger on the board, and now you're crying that YOU are the victim.
PALEEEZE!

wolfdancer
10-27-2007, 01:23 PM
You might be right, but all my trash slinging is directed at you two...who seem to have come over here with the purpose of taking this board down. It's been on a downward spiral since you both arrived. by the way I could care less if you copied and pasted my post...it's just me expressing anger...felt good to write it, and if they would remove the obscenity filters here, I'd let you know what I really think of your style posting.
I don't need you, or the other guy, whatshisface, to explain, life, politics, the war, the stock market, current events...
It's pretty obvious that you both think you're hot sh*t, two f***ing know-it-alls, and came over here to both preach and
harangue...mostly the latter.
I see no future in replying to any more posts, so carry on..

SKennedy
10-29-2007, 08:39 AM
Hillary gets elected and Bill gets erected. Libs band together, control all aspects of life, and the world is saved. No wonder a world with libs doesn't need a God!

Gayle in MD
10-29-2007, 09:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
most of them having zero real knowledge about anything worth knowing <hr /></blockquote>

Very true,
And the CEO's who are running this country, presently, have certainly proven that beyond a shadow of a doubt. Too bad so many innocent people have lost their lives, and suffered such grievious injuries, because of it.

The Bush/Cheney/Rice/Rumsfeld/Wolfowitz/Feith/ cabal of CEO's, have certainly proven their complete ignorance, and incompetence in foreign affairs, and prosecuting war, that's for sure.

Regardless of how Iraq turns out, nothing can ever erace the fact that hundreds of thousands died, as a direct consequence of their many unrealistic presumptions regarding the results of the occupation of Iraq. They were wrong, wrong, wrong, about absolutely everything. Imagine, being so uninformed as to fire the entire Iraqi Army, and send thousands upon thousands, armed, and pissed, out into the streets! A good example of why Bush and Cheney should never have been allowed to crash their way into the white House. Hence, the majority of people in this country, didn't vote for them.

Gayle in Md.

DickLeonard
10-29-2007, 09:11 AM
SKennedy what we don't need is some Idiot who thinks he was anointed by God. ####

wolfdancer
10-29-2007, 09:35 AM
I was watching this great show from Europe, a couple of years ago. They interviewed CEO's from large firms...and wish I had taped what the one guy said. Something like:
It takes a year or so to learn the new business after you have been brought in to run the show.
another year or so to formulate a new business model
another year to implement it
and he suggested that by the fifth year you should leave, because by then you start to believe your own BS.
I think what he was saying was it takes time to learn the business, but as soon as you think you alone know all the answers,you stop valuing the input of others...and it's time to leave.
We got some political "CEO"s here now....they have all the answers....just have a problem though with the questions, maybe???

SKennedy
10-29-2007, 09:37 AM
Dependent upon the idiot and which God.

LWW
10-29-2007, 09:50 AM
How do these CEOs get to be CEOs?

Is it not by vote of the shareholders?

Do the shareholders not have the power to remove them?

Aren't the shareholders just a conglomeration of all of us?

I just hate th throw cold water on your rant...but it is so out of touch with reality dearie.

LWW

bsmutz
10-29-2007, 02:04 PM
I wasn't sure before, but now I realize you are a complete idiot! WTF!!!!! Who do you think the major stockholder(s) is/are in a corporation? "Millions" of investors spread over the planet? Sorry, but you are completely wrong in most instances. Let me explain this to you in simple terms. Most corporations don't want "millions" of investors to be able to dictate their policies and decisions, so they (the board of directors, owners, and other workers in the corporation) make sure that they control a majority of the stock by buying it up when they get a chance and giving it away to the head honchos as incentives. Most outside investors don't want to be bothered trying to make the major decisions necessary, so they vote whichever way the board does or just don't respond to requests for a vote and let the board vote their stock for them. They (the outside investors) don't have the information they need to make a good decision. It's a lot like politics. The majority of voters don't want to take the time to delve into all the possibilities, so they vote for the person/initiative that looks good or whose name they have heard the most in a positive light.
As far as CEOs are concerned, they are quite often changed with NO input from the stockholders. It's a decision made by the board of directors. Kind of like the president deciding to attack Iraq. Did he ask you if it was okay? I didn't think so. We are all stockholders in our country, and yet, our elected representatives make decisions that affect us all the time without taking the time to ask us if it's okay. Same thing in the corporate world. They freeze our wages and cut off spending at the top. Nobody sends out a questionaire to fill out or puts it up for a vote. When they decide to stop the retirement program, put an end to company picnics, buy up stock, or buy another company, they don't ask us or the shareholders, they just do it.
Where is it you have your money invested, Jimmy Bob's Deep Fried Crawdads, Inc.?

wolfdancer
10-29-2007, 02:19 PM
Damn it Bill, next thing you know....you'll be lampooned over there on the big league site...well, soon as he figures out a really myth shattering response.
Methinks this swashbuckling trip through the CCB board, where he was going to "rip the innards" out of those that stood in his path...has hit a few snags???

Gayle in MD
10-29-2007, 02:29 PM
I think they call that the Peter Principle, everyone rises to their level of incompetence, then they are not promoted further.

In Bush's case, no one noticed before the election that he had already reached his. Cheney, OTOH, proved, that like Bush Sr. and his father before him, he was perfectly competent at doing business with enemies of this country. Reagan, had the same knack. the Rep[ublican party is full of these treasonist CEO's. Just check out the list of names that signed the Project For the New American Century. Where is McCarthy when we need him?

Gayle in Md.

bsmutz
10-29-2007, 04:25 PM
LOL, I can't believe this guy thinks he is intelligent enough to come on here with his "reality checks" when such complete and utter nonsense is all he can come up with. It's like he's living in his own little universe where he can make up anything he wants and then it's supposed to be "real" for everyone else. Of course, it was a big tipoff to his real IQ when he stated that I hadn't countered any of the make believe points that he made in his first post in this thread, after contradicting his own points. I'm really wondering about his sanity at this point. Do they let the inmates play on the computer at the nuthouse?

cushioncrawler
10-29-2007, 05:03 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr>...Regardless of how Iraq turns out, nothing can ever erace the fact that hundreds of thousands died, as a direct consequence of their many unrealistic presumptions regarding the results of the occupation of Iraq. They were wrong, wrong, wrong, about absolutely everything. Imagine, being so uninformed as to fire the entire Iraqi Army, and send thousands upon thousands, armed, and pissed, out into the streets!....<hr /></blockquote>Gayle -- Me, i woz in favor of outing Saddam (and any/all bad rulers), but i am angry about the way it woz done. In particular i am angry about the lack of protection of Iraqi heritage (museum stuff etc) that can never be replaced. madMac.

S0Noma
10-29-2007, 05:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bsmutz:</font><hr> LOL, I can't believe this guy thinks he is intelligent enough to come on here with his "reality checks" when such complete and utter nonsense is all he can come up with.

I'm really wondering about his sanity at this point. Do they let the inmates play on the computer at the nuthouse? <hr /></blockquote>

Not sure what to tell you - except back in MBA school we must have been studying different books - we often worked on case studies from the Harvard School of Business. I honestly think he may have gotten most of his info from 'The Little Golden Book of Corporations and Why They're the Best Thing Since Sliced Bread'

At any rate, word has it that this little item was discovered in his NPR cubby today - I have no idea what it has to say about his taste in inflatables but you are welcome to draw your own conclusions:

http://i20.tinypic.com/20q0rpx.jpg

SKennedy
10-29-2007, 05:56 PM
My neighbor across the street is a retired Colonel from the Marine Corps....old school (very old). We spoke about Iraq today and he told me he is really disturbed about the way this war is being fought....unlike any other. For example.....they give money, evidently large sums, to officers (maybe brigade officers...I forget exactly) and then tell them to spend it the way they see fit to spend it! He indicated there was not a lot of control. Furthermore, he complained about the money being spent to provide the troops with Wendy's, and other brand-name fast foods, major brand name ice creams, and other items he feels are pretty much luxury items for combat troops. These are just his opinions and he may be mistaken. However, he's one of those who has been there and done that..several times over.
I saw 3 guys together on Friday at our local Gander Mountain in the firearms section. These guys were "commando" types and I walked up and asked them if they were with the Blackwater" group. They were not, but one had retired after 20 years with the Army just this last year. He was a Ranger and when I asked him when he went in (didn't know he had recently retired when I asked) I almost fell over. He enlisted in 1986. I thought this guy was at least my age and had seen duty in Vietnam. He could tell I was surprised and commented that he had been rode hard and put up wet. Of course he was familiar with the "mercenary" groups and their roles, etc. Anyway, he may have been "hard", be he was a nice guy and I thanked him for his service.

Qtec
10-29-2007, 09:06 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bsmutz:</font><hr> LOL, I can't believe this guy thinks he is intelligent enough to come on here with his "reality checks" when such complete and utter nonsense is all he can come up with.<hr /></blockquote>
It might be deserved but I think you are being too cruel. We should not mock the afflicted.

[ QUOTE ]
It's like he's living in his own little universe where he can make up anything he wants and then it's supposed to be "real" for everyone else. <hr /></blockquote>

Here I agree. LWW and bamadog don't read or listen. They are Sooooooooooo.. partisan they can't see past Drudge, Rush L and the RNC spin.
They don't know, they believe.

Q

wolfdancer
10-29-2007, 10:06 PM
Q, I had an exchange with LWW about Sedition on the
"blocking Republicans" thread...
now either his elevator doesn't go to the top floor, or mine has stalled at ground level.
Not having the gift of narcissism that he has...I'll let others decide.

wolfdancer
10-29-2007, 10:14 PM
I think the soldiers deserve whatever small "luxuries" they can get....and also remember that Haliburton was charging the U.S. $48 for a case of Coke.
A Wendy burger....that must cost at least $12.
Cooked and less then a week old, slightly more say $15?
For more on the good folks at Hal....
web page (http://www.halliburtonwatch.org/)

LWW
10-30-2007, 04:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bsmutz:</font><hr> I wasn't sure before, but now I realize you are a complete idiot! WTF!!!!! Who do you think the major stockholder(s) is/are in a corporation? "Millions" of investors spread over the planet? Sorry, but you are completely wrong in most instances. Let me explain this to you in simple terms. Most corporations don't want "millions" of investors to be able to dictate their policies and decisions, so they (the board of directors, owners, and other workers in the corporation) make sure that they control a majority of the stock by buying it up when they get a chance and giving it away to the head honchos as incentives. <font color="blue">Oh please. Corps want investors. Period. It raises stock prices. Period.</font color> Most outside investors don't want to be bothered trying to make the major decisions necessary, so they vote whichever way the board does or just don't respond to requests for a vote and let the board vote their stock for them. <font color="blue">Investor ignorance is not the same thing as what was claimed earlier. The avg voter is ignorant also.</font color> They (the outside investors) don't have the information they need to make a good decision. <font color="blue">And again, ignorance does not equate lack of info.</font color> It's a lot like politics. The majority of voters don't want to take the time to delve into all the possibilities, so they vote for the person/initiative that looks good or whose name they have heard the most in a positive light.
As far as CEOs are concerned, they are quite often changed with NO input from the stockholders. It's a decision made by the board of directors. <font color="blue">Oh please. The BoD IS THE STOCKHOLDERS!.</font color> Kind of like the president deciding to attack Iraq. Did he ask you if it was okay? <font color="blue">Yes</font color> I didn't think so. <font color="blue">And again, because the electorate is too ppimped by the DNC/RNC to educate themself is their own fault.</font color> Same thing in the corporate world. They freeze our wages and cut off spending at the top. Nobody sends out a questionaire to fill out or puts it up for a vote. When they decide to stop the retirement program, put an end to company picnics, buy up stock, or buy another company, they don't ask us or the shareholders, they just do it.
Where is it you have your money invested, Jimmy Bob's Deep Fried Crawdads, Inc.? <font color="blue">My money is doing quite well thank you...but I have taken the time to educate myself on the issue.</font color> <hr /></blockquote>

LWW

LWW
10-30-2007, 04:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Q, I had an exchange with LWW about Sedition on the
"blocking Republicans" thread...
now either his elevator doesn't go to the top floor, or mine has stalled at ground level.
Not having the gift of narcissism that he has...I'll let others decide.

<hr /></blockquote>
I can look down and see the bald spot on your head.

Does that answer your question.

LWW

LWW
10-30-2007, 05:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> I think the soldiers deserve whatever small "luxuries" they can get....and also remember that Haliburton was charging the U.S. $48 for a case of Coke.
A Wendy burger....that must cost at least $12.
Cooked and less then a week old, slightly more say $15?
For more on the good folks at Hal....
web page (http://www.halliburtonwatch.org/) <hr /></blockquote>
So, why is it that we use companies like Halliburton and Blackwater?

Better yet, why is the antiwar leadership buying stock in them at the same time they attempt to thwart every effort at victory?

LWW

Qtec
10-30-2007, 07:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So, why is it that we use companies like Halliburton and Blackwater? <hr /></blockquote>

What do YOU think?

Q

wolfdancer
10-30-2007, 01:43 PM
Q, ain't got the time, an ain't got the inclination to read any of his posts...but he didn't really imply that using those two companies, somehow legitimizes them?
That's the same reasoning I see behind the claim that since GWB is President, then God must want him to be President...which sounds about right...if'n you forgets the part about Satan operating down here as well.

LWW
10-30-2007, 05:06 PM
It doesn't surprise me that you have no idea.

We, from 1992-2003, RIF'ed our NCO corps with a vengeance.

We are today rehiring the same people at greatly increased cost because our govt decided another land war would never be fought.

LWW

Gayle in MD
10-31-2007, 07:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What do YOU think?

Q <hr /></blockquote>

LMAO, unfortunately, there is not answer for that question, Q.

You might want to consider asking, "What do you repeat?" and get the answer for that. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kind of funny, I hear that they guy that owns Blackwater, is a spastic religious fanatic!

I'm sure we can trust that all of Bush's no bid contracts to cheney's corporate Cronies, and his own family's Corporate cronies, had nothing to do with his outsourcing, privatizing decisions.

Does anyone recell, that it was bush Sr., who reduced our armed forces, and raised taxes? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

eg8r
10-31-2007, 07:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Exxon making record profits <hr /></blockquote> I am sure the democratic shareholders are just tickled to death about these profits.

eg8r

LWW
10-31-2007, 08:19 AM
Amazingly I haven't heard of any returnibng the dividend check.

LWW /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bamadog
10-31-2007, 09:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote S0Noma:</font><hr>

Not sure what to tell you - except back in MBA school we must have been studying different books - we often worked on case studies from the Harvard School of Business. I
At any rate, word has it that this little item was discovered in his NPR cubby today - I have no idea what it has to say about his taste in inflatables but you are welcome to draw your own conclusions:

http://i20.tinypic.com/20q0rpx.jpg <hr /></blockquote>

Oooo! Harvard! Who's supposed to be impressed by that? Are you that insecure? You don't have the cajones to debate the guy on the issue of your own thread, but you make this childish little attack instead. How asinine!

bamadog
11-01-2007, 12:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr> Amazingly I haven't heard of any returnibng the dividend check.

LWW /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Nor, returning the refund checks they received from "Bush's tax cut for the rich" that the never tire of screaming about.