View Full Version : Maybe Gayle was right about Southerners

Wally_in_Cincy
10-26-2007, 11:02 AM
Chicken fried BACON ???

/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

http://www.chitterlings.com/blog/archives/2005/11/chicken_fried_b.html

wolfdancer
10-26-2007, 11:24 AM
I used to work after school in a grocery store...we sold "chittlings", hawg maws, slab bacon....and this was in NYS. Never got the urge though to try eating pig intestines and stomachs.

Wally_in_Cincy
10-26-2007, 11:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> I used to work after school in a grocery store...we sold "chittlings", hawg maws, slab bacon....and this was in NYS. Never got the urge though to try eating pig intestines and stomachs.
<hr /></blockquote>

They say they're ok if you make sure you get the stones and corn kernels cleaned out good.

Deeman3
10-26-2007, 12:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> I used to work after school in a grocery store...we sold "chittlings", hawg maws, slab bacon....and this was in NYS. Never got the urge though to try eating pig intestines and stomachs.
<hr /></blockquote>

They say they're ok if you make sure you get the stones and corn kernels cleaned out good. <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Stump whooped and half slung, is the traditional way of preparation. Tastes a little like spotted owl.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif</font color>

bamadog
10-26-2007, 12:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> I used to work after school in a grocery store...we sold "chittlings", hawg maws, slab bacon....and this was in NYS. Never got the urge though to try eating pig intestines and stomachs.
<hr /></blockquote>

They say they're ok if you make sure you get the stones and corn kernels cleaned out good. <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Stump whooped and half slung, is the traditional way of preparation. Tastes a little like spotted owl.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif</font color> <hr /></blockquote>

That's a beauty, Deeman! I haven't heard that one. When I was a kid growing up in Alabama it was fairly common to have possum, or raccoon, or snappin turtle on the menu. Yum.

Wally_in_Cincy
10-26-2007, 12:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bamadog:</font><hr> . When I was a kid growing up in Alabama it was fairly common to have possum, or raccoon, or snappin turtle on the menu. Yum. <hr /></blockquote>

I've had turtle, suirrel and rabbit but I reckon I'll go to my grave never having eaten a coon or a groundhog.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif