PDA

View Full Version : BRAVO! Rumsfeld Has No Place To Hide 4 Torturing

Gayle in MD
10-27-2007, 07:36 AM
Groups Tie Rumsfeld to Torture in Complaint

By DOREEN CARVAJAL
Published: October 27, 2007
PARIS, Oct. 26 — Several human rights organizations based in the United States and Europe have filed a complaint in a Paris court accusing former Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld of responsibility for torture.

Michael Ratner, President of the Center for Constitutional Rights, said in a statement that the aim of this latest legal complaint was to demonstrate “that we will not rest until those U.S. officials involved in the torture program are brought to justice. Rumsfeld must understand that he has no place to hide.”

The group, which includes the International Federation for Human Rights, the French League for Human Rights, and the Center for Constitutional Rights in New York, made the complaint late Thursday and unsuccessfully sought to confront Mr. Rumsfeld as he left a breakfast meeting in central Paris on Friday.

Jeanne Sulzer, one of the lawyers working on the issue for the human rights groups, said the complaint had been filed with a state prosecutor, Jean-Claude Marin, saying he would have the power to pursue the case because of Mr. Rumsfeld’s presence in France.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/27/world/europe/27rumsfeld.html?ex=1351137600&en=1f0d73d912054ce8& ei=5090&partner=rssuserland&emc=rss

<font color="red">I hope they get Bush, Cheney, Rice and Gonzales too.

Rice has lied about this on numerous accoasion, as has Bush and Cheney. Changing the definition of torture, to suit their inhumane,lowlife lack of human values, will not obstruct the rest of the world in going after them for what they have done. Torturing people, until they say what you want them to say, and then using it to justify torturing them in the first place, is not the American way. Water boarding, is torture, period, and has long been designated in the global arena, as torture. I hope this bunch of liars finally get what they have coming, and that our Country, can once again hold its head up, and go back to being the proud humanitarian nation that we once were, before Bush, Cheney, Rice, Rumsfeld, and their inhumane Republican Supporters slapped their stamp of approval on cruel and pointless torturing of people, some of them innocent people. Regardless, there has been no legal justification for secretly breaking our laws, over and over again, and lying to the American Public, over and over. New definitions, do not justify, breaking the law. /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif </font color>

LAMas
10-27-2007, 08:29 AM
How about some history? http://www.serendipity.li/cia/operation_phoenix.htm

Gayle in MD
10-27-2007, 10:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Bush's 2002 State of the Union the President stated "America will always stand firm for the non-negotiable demands of human dignity: the rule of law; limits on the power of the state; respect for women; private property; free speech; equal justice; and religious tolerance."
(http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2002/01/20020129-11.html)
<hr /></blockquote>

How about some more history? I guess his sentiments didn't include free speech from Joe Wilson, or the people who protest his policies and demonstrate against them, being arrested, or the people that were swept off the streets of Iraq, without proof, and deemed terrorists, just because they happened to be in a market, talking to an acqaintance who was just a familiar face in the market place, or deemed a terrorist, and arrested because some other Iraqi wanted some pay off money for turning someone else in?

I don't have any admiration Torture, so it cannot be justified, regardless of when it happened, or by whom. I'm a human being, first, and before anything else, unlike Republicans, and the torturers in the Bush Administration.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

bamadog
10-27-2007, 07:29 PM
You know Gayle, although your posts are spewing firehoses of hate for Republicans and The Administration, I never hear you condemn, with anywhere near that kind of passion, what the Jihadis do to our captured soldiers or allies before they behead them.
Why is that Gayle?

LWW
10-28-2007, 02:43 AM
I've challenged you to merely define torture.

Saying you are against something you can't define is intellectual dishonesty of the highest order IMHO.

It also allows neoleft pschobabble to refer to making someone stand in the corner yet use the word "TORTURE" to describe it in an effort to deceive the world.

It would have worked had it not been for the absence of the fairness doctrine.

So, Gayle, we know you object to torture. What means would be acceptable to gather data which saves lives?

Your public awaits you.

LWW