PDA

View Full Version : The worst President in history exposed!

LWW
10-29-2007, 07:44 AM
Lincoln (http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig2/adams3.html) did issue, although did not have executed, an arrest warrant for the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States of America.

Lincoln (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Election_of_1864) was so despised during his first term that the Union Army's commanding general until 1862 ran in opposition and was nominated by the Democrats.

Lincoln (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Draft_Riot) was so despised that after the union split yet another insurrection broke out in NYC protesting Lincoln's war of aggression...it led to over 100 citizens being killed and hundreds more wounded.

It's pretty well known among historians that Mary Todd Lincoln (http://www.amazon.com/Emancipators-Wife-Barbara-Hambly/dp/customer-reviews/0553381938) was addicted to opiates and alcohol and had been from a very early age.

Lincoln (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_presidential_election%2C_1860) was elected with the lowest percentage of the popular vote of any POTUS ever.

Lincoln (http://www.snopes.com/glurge/lincoln.asp) was a man so manufactured that people were STILL making up things to add to the myth over a century later.

Lincoln (http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4976127) suffered at least 2 nervous breakdowns, suffered from lifelong depression was suicidal in the 1830's, and had a history of moderate to severe mental health issues all through his family tree.

Lincoln (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Todd_Lincoln) chose Mary Todd as a mate, and she was lated commited to an insane asylum.

Lincoln (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Todd_Lincoln) attended seances in the White House attempting to contact his deceased son Willie.

Lincoln (http://www.bloomington.in.us/~southmat/famous.html) also was a champion, and nearly undefeated, wrassler. Possibly a professional at one point.

Lincoln (http://www.baseball-almanac.com/prz_qal.shtml) used to play base ball quite well as a youth, and had a diamond constructed on WH grounds.

Lincoln (http://www.brunswickbilliards.com/our_rich_history/famous_owners/index.html) was quite the billiards player, and the first celebrity to own and endorse Brunswick tables.

Those are just a few. There are many more. All footnoted from many well researched books written about Lincoln and the Civil War...along with such radical Lincoln loathers as National Public Radio.

LWW

moblsv
10-30-2007, 07:21 AM
Here's a good book, *if* you want to put all of that in context.

http://www.amazon.com/Team-Rivals-Political-Abraham-Lincoln/dp/0743270754

LWW
10-31-2007, 05:13 AM
For the most part she is another Lincoln apologist.

The myth of the man has been spun quite well over the last 142 years.

It doesn't change the fact that he wrought death, destruction, and despair upon America for generations to come by his foolhardy and reckless actions.

LWW

hondo
10-31-2007, 06:25 AM
Surely there's been one good Republican President?
And don't say that union-busting Reagan who LET
all our businesses go overseas.
He & George Sr sold out America.

DickLeonard
10-31-2007, 06:39 AM
Hondo Ronnie was a Scumbag he was a Union President of the Movie Actors Guild when it benefited him. Then turned against the Unions when he was thru with them.

His Presidency was run by Mrs. Reagan and her Astrologer.####

cushioncrawler
10-31-2007, 06:53 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr>...Those are just a few. There are many more. All footnoted from many well researched books written about Lincoln and the Civil War...along with such radical Lincoln loathers as National Public Radio...<hr /></blockquote>El -- I karnt see any bad thingz in there about lincoln or hiz prezidency. The one about the chief justice might qualify depending on the facts of the matter. Woznt he a southerner. madMac.

LWW
10-31-2007, 07:43 PM
That's just the surface.

How about the suspension of habeus corpus, boarding up of newspapers, holding thousands of Americans without charge, instigating the battle of Fort Sumter is a shade deeper.

LWW

Qtec
11-01-2007, 06:50 AM
Reagan sponsered terrorists in S.America.

Nixon sabotaged the Vietnam peace talks in Paris- prolonging a war for political profit.

Bush attacked a defenseless country just because he could. A war that would pay for itself is going to cost trilions of dollars that other generations will have to pay for. Oil is $97 a barrel and the $ is at its lowest value since 1981.
How many of this admin's top guys are in prison or indicted or are under investigation?
I,m not an expert but THIS Govt's record is appalling in every department.
With the lack of WMDs, the misleading claims, the wiretapping of American citizens, the attack on Wilson and the outing of his wife, the Niger Docs, the Alu tubes, the Mushroom cloud, "we know where they are" , the UN Powell speech debacle, the Katrina failure, the 9/11 attacks, etc etc etc etc..............the incompetence its endless. The disribution of wealth level is back to where it was before the Wall St crash.
There is good reason why individuals [ or a group] should not be allowed to acquire too much money in a Democracy. In a cash based system of electioneering as in the US, if you have the money, you can buy the Presidency- and a war.

I swear that you could put 15 chimpanzee's in the WH and it would run smoother.

Lets face it , GW is the worst of the worst.

Q

LWW
11-01-2007, 07:23 AM
You didn't mention our biggest and most grievous error in the 20th century ... freeing a bunch of ungrateful Europeans from their own demise at their own hand.

Now, please explain, if you can, in a cogent manner step by step how you equate Lincoln causing the death of a million Americans is better than anything Bush has done?

Let the obfuscation begin.

LWW

Qtec
11-01-2007, 07:30 AM
Too afraid to discuss TODAY'S Govt?

Once again the "Myth Slayer"..........chuckle....... avoids my entire post and changes the subject.

The consequences of GW's actions are still not known.

Q

eg8r
11-01-2007, 07:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Too afraid to discuss TODAY'S Govt?
<hr /></blockquote> Strawman Q. The entire post was based on "yesterday's government". I thought you turned a new leaf and you were going to keep on topic?

eg8r

LWW
11-01-2007, 07:33 AM
Boy I called it didn't I.

This thread ISN'T about Bush. It WASN'T about Bush.

Do you choose to discuss the topic? Of course not.

Do you come in with a moonbat list of nonsense which relates in no way, shape, or form to the topic? Of course.

Do you even attempt a cogent comparison between the 2? Of course not...even when asked.

When called on your typical crap you then claim that I'M not on topic.

That sir is because you are and always have been a moonbat incapable of intelligent discussion.

LWW

LWW
11-01-2007, 07:35 AM
Thanks,

Q-Tec is however one who I have a long history with on AZB and he has been this way as long as I can remember.

I have never put anyone on ignore in my life, but the dutchman I might as well because he lives in a world which only exists in his mind...and maybe his Goddess.

LWW

Gayle in MD
11-01-2007, 09:48 AM
Tap Tap Tap. Let's face it, the Corporate Fascist Pigs, both private, and religious based, have advanced, through Republican economics, and Republican leadership, and by using the same methods of other authoritarian regimes.

No President has performed as poorly as this one, and no president has hurt America as much. Republicans representatives have backed him all the way, with the support of their constituancy, of course, and by using propaganda, and the fascist News corporations, to skew reality to their liking.

Thanfully, there are enough truly patriotic Americans of position, and education, that with a free press, the truth is available. All the self proclaimed Christian Conservatives in the world, can't hide the truth forever, hence, their only recourse is to slander those who speak it, switch subjects in order to muddy up the waters, pay off the right wing pundits, and press, to create bogus "news", rewrite the definitions in the dictionary, and deny truth altogether.

You can lead the sheep to water, but they still stink, LOL.

Impeachment isn't nearly enough to right the wrongs of this administration. Only jail time, could make the right statement to the rest of the world, and correct the vast illegal activities, and the resulting damage, prosecuted against our country by Bush, and the Republican Party.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

LWW
11-01-2007, 09:56 AM
Now, since QTEC would have to ask you anyway we can save a step. Please explain, if you can, in a cogent manner step by step how you equate Lincoln causing the death of a million Americans is better than anything Bush has done?

Let the obfuscation continue.

LWW

bsmutz
11-01-2007, 01:16 PM
"At least 618,000 Americans died in the Civil War, and some experts say the toll reached 700,000. The number that is most often quoted is 620,000 (a large percentage died from disease rather than bullets)." I'm sure some percentage would have died anyway (with or without the war). And I don't think all of the blame can be laid at Lincoln's feet (wasn't it the South that seceded?). Certainly, he was just as justified in his actions as Bush. However, in this instance, the people who were being maltreated were Americans (or on American soil if you prefer), not Iraqis. Also, there was an end goal that could be acceptable to all concerned that would not require the huge revamp of an entire nation. I don't think Lincoln made stuff up to support his decision or to garner support.
Yes, it's always sad that people feel the need to fight for what they believe is right and that some groups of people feel that it's okay to hurt others so that they can get what they want. In the annals of history, there have been many worse leaders than those brought up in this thread. There have also been better ones. I, personally, don't feel that Lincoln was our worst president. LWW is certainly entitled to his opinion, but that's all it is. It is not some earth shattering revelation and in the big scheme of things, both of our opinions on this matter are about as important as the turd I flushed down the toilet this morning. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

cushioncrawler
11-01-2007, 06:44 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr> That's just the surface. How about the suspension of habeus corpus, boarding up of newspapers, holding thousands of Americans without charge, instigating the battle of Fort Sumter is a shade deeper..<hr /></blockquote>What shood he have done??
How might thingz have ended up??
How might african americans have ended up??
Would they (and all) have been better off after (better off today)?? madMac.

Drop1
11-01-2007, 07:34 PM
Your insalubrious loquaciousness,denigrates your thread,and creates a caricature of a bloated fool. I covered the flaws of Lincoln,long ago,the worst being extending the Civil War,by ignorance. When will something original come from you?

cushioncrawler
11-01-2007, 07:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr> Now, since QTEC would have to ask you anyway we can save a step. Please explain, if you can, in a cogent manner step by step how you equate Lincoln causing the death of a million Americans is better than anything Bush has done? Let the obfuscation continue..<hr /></blockquote>El -- I love reading about america's 2nd civil war (seriously). And, i wonder what the war would have looked like if not for Abe. Hmmmm -- perhaps the indian wars were Civil War No3 (or No1 or No2) -- i say "were" but of course they aint finished yet in reality. Hmmmm -- haz the No2 Civil War finished yet??? madMac.

Qtec
11-01-2007, 07:56 PM
The title says 'The worst President in history exposed!'. LWW thinks its Lincoln, I don't.
To judge who is the worst you have to compare Presidents and their actions. BTW, I also mentioned Reagan and Nixon.

Q

Qtec
11-01-2007, 08:03 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr> Now, since QTEC would have to ask you anyway we can save a step. Please explain, if you can, in a cogent manner step by step how you equate Lincoln causing the death of a million Americans is better than anything Bush has done?

LWW
<hr /></blockquote>

How did Lincoln cause the deaths of a million Americans ?

Q

LWW
11-02-2007, 03:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr> Now, since QTEC would have to ask you anyway we can save a step. Please explain, if you can, in a cogent manner step by step how you equate Lincoln causing the death of a million Americans is better than anything Bush has done?

LWW
<hr /></blockquote>

How did Lincoln cause the deaths of a million Americans ?

Q <hr /></blockquote>
It was called the US Civil War.

It ran from 1861 to 1865 officially and for about 40 years unofficially afterwards.

LWW

LWW
11-02-2007, 03:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cushioncrawler:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr> That's just the surface. How about the suspension of habeus corpus, boarding up of newspapers, holding thousands of Americans without charge, instigating the battle of Fort Sumter is a shade deeper..<hr /></blockquote>What shood he have done?? <font color="blue">Followed the USC would be a nice start. Not violate the agreement he had with the CSA and smuggle arms into Ft Sumter which led to the 1st hostilities would be 2nd. </font color>
How might thingz have ended up?? <font color="blue"> Eventually a compromise could have been reached avoiding war. Where was the CSA going to go?</font color>
How might african americans have ended up?? <font color="blue">Slavery was NEVER the point of the war. This reason was invented after his death. Slavery was dead already because of modernization and was only clung to by landowners because of the means used to calculate congressional representation at the time.</font color>
Would they (and all) have been better off after (better off today)?? madMac. <font color="blue">Welllll...142 yrs later and the wounds of the war aren't yet completely healed. It's hard to imagine a situation where we wouldn't have been better off in the meantime.</font color> <hr /></blockquote>

LWW

LWW
11-02-2007, 04:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Your insalubrious loquaciousness,denigrates your thread,and creates a caricature of a bloated fool. I covered the flaws of Lincoln,long ago,the worst being extending the Civil War,by ignorance. When will something original come from you? <hr /></blockquote>
You arrogant fool. Do you believe that once a thought has dripped onto your keyboard it is so divine that no mere mortal might ever discuss it again?

Sorry...I disagree.

LWW

Gayle in MD
11-02-2007, 08:17 AM
The very worst, are Republicans, and any who were involved with escalating Vietnam, which includes one Democratic President. None are as bad as Bush, although Reagan and Nixon are very close, Bush the father also right in there with them, little Bushy, however, makes them look good by comparison, the only president, ever in history, to ignore specific, documented evidence, and requests for emergency meetings by our own National Security experts, of a coming attack on American soil, for four months, issueing not one single directive to any agency for any heightened security, and responding in the aftermath by going to war against a country that had nothing whatever to do with it, by using lies and fixed intelligence. Should be no surprise that such a man would disclose the identity of a covert agent, to cover his slim ass, thus proving himself, officially, to have committed treason, in nearly every way imaginable. Exploiting the grief, and shock, of his own country, to the detriment of all, except our enemies, both foreign, and domestic.

NOTHING can be worse than that.

Gayle in Md.

Qtec
11-02-2007, 08:25 AM
The Civil War was all his fault?

Q

Drop1
11-02-2007, 10:08 AM
In your case,that is exactly what I think,numb nuts.

eg8r
11-02-2007, 11:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The title says 'The worst President in history exposed!'. LWW thinks its Lincoln, I don't.
To judge who is the worst you have to compare Presidents and their actions. BTW, I also mentioned Reagan and Nixon. <hr /></blockquote> I wish I had thought of it, but after reading this post of yours I think your nickname should stick. Long live Qtip. Whomever thought this first, my thanks.

eg8r

LWW
11-02-2007, 11:26 AM
No, and I've never said that. Many issues led to the standoff...but it had never led to war and war was something neither side wanted.

The fact that it went to a war however is Lincoln's fault.

LWW

cushioncrawler
11-02-2007, 06:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr><blockquote><font class="small">Quote cushioncrawler:</font><hr><blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr>That's just the surface. How about the suspension of habeus corpus, boarding up of newspapers, holding thousands of Americans without charge, instigating the battle of Fort Sumter is a shade deeper..<hr /></blockquote>What shood he have done?? <font color="blue">Followed the USC would be a nice start. Not violate the agreement he had with the CSA and smuggle arms into Ft Sumter which led to the 1st hostilities would be 2nd.</font color>How might thingz have ended up??<font color="blue"> Eventually a compromise could have been reached avoiding war. Where was the CSA going to go?</font color>How might african americans have ended up?? <font color="blue">Slavery was NEVER the point of the war. This reason was invented after his death. Slavery was dead already because of modernization and was only clung to by landowners because of the means used to calculate congressional representation at the time.</font color>Would they (and all) have been better off after (better off today)?? madMac. <font color="blue">Welllll...142 yrs later and the wounds of the war aren't yet completely healed. It's hard to imagine a situation where we wouldn't have been better off in the meantime.</font color><hr /></blockquote><hr /></blockquote>I can imagine a situation where u wouldev been better off. If u didnt have the war of independance u would all have been better off. madMac.