PDA

View Full Version : They Torture The Innocent & Refuse To Apologize

Gayle in MD
10-30-2007, 09:51 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/25/washington/25rice.html?_r=1&n=Top/Reference/Times%20Topics/People/A/Arar,%20Maher&oref=slogin

I guess this is what Bush calls Compassionate Christain Conservativism, he tortures innocent people, admits they were innocent, but no apologies required. What a guy!

I saw Rice's testimony. She what they call a brilliant, seasoned expert, in lying, that is.

Another one, with a giveaway smirk! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice admitted Wednesday that the United States had mishandled the case of a Canadian who was deported to Syria and who has said he was tortured there, but she stopped short of an apology.

Skip to next paragraph

François Lenoir/Reuters
Maher Arar was arrested in New York in 2002 and deported to Syria, where he says he was tortured and imprisoned.
Ms. Rice spoke in response to a lawmaker’s question about the man, Maher Arar, who was arrested during a stopover in New York in 2002 and deported to Syria, where he has said he was tortured and imprisoned for a year.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

eg8r
10-30-2007, 10:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I guess this is what Bush calls Compassionate Christain Conservativism, he tortures innocent people, <hr /></blockquote> I know, I cannot show proof that Bush has not tortured anyone, but I am 100% positive that Gayle cannot produce any evidence of Bush torturing someone. Bush has not tortured any innocent people yet we have people like Gayle that want to twist the story to make it sound as horrible as possible.

eg8r

Bobbyrx
10-30-2007, 01:02 PM
“We do not think that this case was handled as it should have been,” Ms. Rice told the House Foreign Affairs Committee. “We do absolutely not wish to transfer anyone to any place in which they might be tortured.”

The Canadian government has cleared Mr. Arar of any links to terrorist groups. It has apologized and paid him $10.9 million in compensation and legal fees.

“I am pleased that the U.S. administration has taken the encouraging step of acknowledging that my case was mishandled,” Mr. Arar said in a statement from Canada. The case has become a sore spot in relations between Canada and the United States, and Canada has asked the United States to remove Mr. Arar from its security watch list.

Mr. Arar, a software engineer who was born in Syria, is still prohibited from entering the United States, although <font color="red">a Canadian inquiry found that the Royal Canadian Mounted Police had wrongly told United States border agents that he was suspected of being an extremist."</font color>

<font color="blue">Where is the part about Bush going to Syria to water board this guy?? </font color>

wolfdancer
10-30-2007, 01:34 PM
There's people lying then, who claimed they were tortured?
I googled "Americans tortured in foreign countries"
It's a big list of links...here's one from the New Yorker Mag:
web page (http://www.newyorker.com/archive/2005/02/14/050214fa_fact6)

eg8r
10-30-2007, 01:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There's people lying then, who claimed they were tortured? <hr /></blockquote> That is probably true, but you are missing my point. Gayle is saying BUSH did the torturing and that simply is being dishonest.

eg8r

LWW
10-30-2007, 01:39 PM
And there are DIFFERENT (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maher_Arar) accounts as to what happened. Why do you insist upon proven prevaricators for your sources. The New York Times slid beneath the Weekly World News years ago on journalistic credibility. Jayson Blair anyone? The "Lebanese Pieta" or "Flat Fatima" anyone?

[ QUOTE ]
On September 26, 2002, during a stopover in New York City en route from a family vacation in Tunisia to Montreal, Arar was detained by the United States Immigration and Naturalization Service. The INS was acting upon information supplied by the RCMP. Arar was deported to Syria, the country where he was born and raised and remains a citizen. Although he was also a citizen of Canada and was travelling on a Canadian passport, Canadian officials erroneously informed the United States that he was no longer a resident of their nation. Canadian (initially) and American officials have labeled his transfer to Syria as a deportation, but critics have called the removal an example of rendition for torture by proxy, as Syria's government is somewhat infamous for its torture of detainees.<hr /></blockquote>
So, if Canada says he is a terrorist who is no longer a resident of Canada but who is a citizen of Syria...where SHOULD we send him?

The whole thing is a bloody mess and I don't think Canada, the US, or Arar are telling the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

That being said, why would you use a source which intentionally omits huge parts of a complex issue ... especially when the missing parts are commonly known?

LWW

eg8r
10-30-2007, 01:46 PM
Bobby is the only one that she does not "fake ignore" so maybe she will reply to him. Her dishonesty and deciept are as low as you can get.

eg8r

LWW
10-31-2007, 05:08 AM
Every time I have thought that I was surprised that she had found yet another sub basement for refuge.

LWW

Gayle in MD
10-31-2007, 05:33 AM
<font color="blue">It's the BUSH policy. Bush is responsible for every innocent person who has been tortured, as a result of HIS POLICY. Americans, on Bush's orders, made the decision to send him to Syria, to be tortured. George Bush is not only a pos, but his policies, have destroyed the reputation of our country, all over the world, and, have provided a rallying cause, for our enemies.

It is truly amazing that people, who belong to a political party, which pretends to be influenced by, and devoted to Christian principles, would embrace, as their heroes, people who practice such inhumane behavior. As repulsive, dishonest, and sneaky as George Bush, obviously is, and all who he surrounds himself with, to do his lying and dirty work, it is even more distressing that his supporters fail to grasp the devastating negative consequences that result from his unamerican activities. As regards the grudges, and the power, of those who seek to harm our country, George Bush, his policies, and his lack of integrity and honesty, has expanded hatred, and destroyed our honor. He has lied, non stop, about everything, from the accomplishes of the congress, to his involvment in breaking the law, destroying our credibility, and breaking our international promises. The United States Of America, will spend decades, reccovering from the damage he has wrought against our country, and the power which he has built on behalf of those who are our stated enemies. His ngeligence, deciet and incompetence, is truly unparrelled in American history.

When behavior is honorable, there is no need to hide it.

Gayle in Md.</font color>

eg8r
10-31-2007, 06:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's the BUSH policy. Bush is responsible for every innocent person who has been tortured, as a result of HIS POLICY. <hr /></blockquote> Gayle's response is just asinine. This is just Gayle being dishonest again.

eg8r

LWW
10-31-2007, 08:26 AM
So, what techniques should he be using?

LWW

Sid_Vicious
11-01-2007, 12:01 AM
"I saw Rice's testimony. She what they call a brilliant, seasoned expert, in..."

Please tell me you jest Gayle. That person is a waste of molecules. sid

Gayle in MD
11-01-2007, 10:01 AM
I agree. As I have stated, education does not insure integrity. There is a lot of evil in that woman's gaze. Those are the eyes of evil, if ever I've seen them.

She's absolutely repulsive.

Gayle in Md.

LWW
11-01-2007, 10:37 AM
I'm glad you are carefully analyzing what tactics you would find acceptable.

LWW

bamadog
11-01-2007, 11:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> There is a lot of evil in that woman's gaze. Those are the eyes of evil, if ever I've seen them.

Gayle in Md. <hr /></blockquote>

Gayle, are you a Gypsy soothsayer?

LAMas
11-01-2007, 11:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
I guess this is what Bush calls Compassionate Christain Conservativism, he tortures innocent people, <hr /></blockquote> I know, I cannot show proof that Bush has not tortured anyone, but I am 100% positive that Gayle cannot produce any evidence of Bush torturing someone. Bush has not tortured any innocent people yet we have people like Gayle that want to twist the story to make it sound as horrible as possible.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Tap, Tap, Tap. Can I quote you on that?
Thanks.

LAMas
11-01-2007, 11:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bamadog:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> There is a lot of evil in that woman's gaze. Those are the eyes of evil, if ever I've seen them.

Gayle in Md. <hr /></blockquote>Gayle, are you a Gypsy soothsayer? <hr /></blockquote>

Huummm.
Take your troubles down to Madam Ruse
You know that GYPSY with the gold cap tooth
She's got a pad in MD, USA
Selling little bottles of LIB Potion number 9