PDA

View Full Version : Count every vote?

LWW
10-31-2007, 04:06 AM
AS LONG AS THEY VOTE THE WAY THEY ARE TOLD? (http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8SJPDKG1&show_article=1)

[ QUOTE ]
WASHINGTON (AP) - Consumer advocate and 2004 independent presidential candidate Ralph Nader sued the Democratic Party on Tuesday, contending officials conspired to keep him from taking votes away from nominee John Kerry.
Nader's lawsuit, filed in District of Columbia Superior Court, also named as co-defendants Kerry's campaign, the Service Employees International Union and several so-called 527 organizations such as America Coming Together, which were created to promote voter turnout on behalf of the Democratic ticket.

The lawsuit also alleges that the Democratic National Committee conspired to force Nader off the ballot in several states.

"The Democratic Party is going after anyone who presents a credible challenge to their monopoly over their perceived voters," Nader said in a statement. "This lawsuit was filed to help advance a free and open electoral process for all candidates and voters. Candidate rights and voter rights nourish each other for more voices, choices, and a more open and competitive democracy."

Among other things, the lawsuit alleges that the DNC tried to bankrupt Nader's campaign by suing to keep him off the ballot in 18 states. It also suggests the DNC sent Kerry supporters to crash a Nader petition drive in Portland, Ore., in June 2004, preventing him from collecting enough signatures to get on the ballot.

The lawsuit seeks "compensatory damages, punitive damages and injunctive relief to enjoin the defendants from ongoing and future violations of the law." It was not clear how much money Nader is seeking; his attorney, Bruce Afran, did not immediately return a telephone call seeking comment.

A DNC spokesman also did not immediately return a telephone call for comment.<hr /></blockquote>

MY MY MY!

LWW

LWW
10-31-2007, 04:09 AM
EVEN THOSE THAT ARE PHONY I GUESS? (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2003982533_acorn30m.html?syndication=rss)

[ QUOTE ]
Three of seven defendants in the biggest voter-registration fraud scheme in Washington history have pleaded guilty and one has been sentenced, prosecutors said Monday.

The defendants were all temporary employees of ACORN, the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, when they allegedly filled out and submitted more than 1,800 fictitious voter-registration cards during a 2006 registration drive in King and Pierce counties.

No votes were cast in the names of the phony voters. Prosecutors said the defendants committed fraud in order to keep their jobs without actually registering voters.

King County election workers brought the fraud to the attention of prosecutors last October, after noticing that signatures on many registration forms looked like they had been written by the same person.

Ryan Olson, 28, of Needles, Calif., was the first to be sentenced. He pleaded guilty Thursday in King County Superior Court to two counts of providing false information on a voter-registration application, a felony. Court Commissioner Kenneth Comstock sentenced him to 30 days in jail or in electronic home detention, the sentence recommended by prosecutors, said Dan Donohoe, spokesman for the King County Prosecutor's Office.

Tina Johnson, 24, of Tacoma, and Jayson Woods, 20, of Elkridge, Md., also have pleaded guilty to eight counts each of registration fraud. Donohoe said prosecutors have recommended 120 days of jail for each of them using the same formula applied to Olson: 15 days for each count.

Brianna Debwa, 35, of Tacoma; Robert Greene, 56, of Tacoma; and Clifton Mitchell, 45, of Lakewood, Pierce County, have pleaded not guilty and are scheduled to appear in court in November. Kendra Thill, 19, no known address, was charged with voter fraud and is wanted for failure to appear in court.<hr /></blockquote>

OOPSY DAISY!

LWW

LWW
10-31-2007, 04:12 AM
Missouri too! (http://www.kmbc.com/politics/10214492/detail.html)

[ QUOTE ]
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Four people have been indicted on charges of voter fraud in Kansas City, officials said Wednesday.
Investigators said questionable registration forms for new voters were collected by the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, a group that works to improve minority and low-income communities.
The four indicted -- Kwaim A. Stenson, Dale D. Franklin, Stephanie L. Davis and Brian Gardner -- were employed by ACORN as registration recruiters. They were each charged with two counts.

Federal indictments allege the four turned in false voter registration applications. Prosecutors said the indictments are part of a national investigation.
ACORN and Project Vote recruit and assign workers to low-income and minority neighborhoods to register people to vote.
The Kansas City Election Board told KMBC they found suspicious forms, such as seven applications from one person and an application for a dead man.
"There is some motive behind it -- this is not accidental," said Ray James with the Kansas City Election Board.
Election officials said some of the application cards had false addresses, signatures and phone numbers.
ACORN officials in Kansas City said they turned in the four people who were indicted.
"We're very happy that they were indicted," said Claudie Harris with ACORN.
Harris said ACORN workers are paid by the hour and not by the number of voter registration cards they turn in.
"When you fraudulently defraud this, that gives us a bad name and what we're trying to do a bad name," Harris said.
ACORN officials said the four indicted have been fired.
Harris said ACORN workers check every voter registration card before sending it to the Election Board.
Last month, ACORN claimed to have processed more than 35,000 voter registration applications in Kansas City since the summer.<hr /></blockquote>

35,000 + 1,800!

LWW

LWW
10-31-2007, 04:15 AM
Was that all?

Nope, there was Ohio, New Mexico, Florida, Colorado, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Virginia among others. (http://www.epionline.org/news_detail.cfm?rid=171)
[ QUOTE ]
New report shows ACORN has been linked to voter fraud in 12 states including Ohio

8/11/06, Washington, DC –ACORN’s recent run-in with the Franklin County elections board for allegedly turning in falsified voter registration cards is only the latest in a long-standing pattern of dubious elections practices. ACORN employees have been accused of submitting bogus voter registration cards and forging signatures on ballot initiatives in 12 states since 2004.
In addition to Ohio, ACORN employees have been accused of illegal elections practices in New Mexico, Florida, Colorado, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Virginia among others. Here are just a few examples of ACORN’s pattern and practice of fraud associated with their campaigns:

Florida—When ACORN led a ballot initiative to raise Florida’s minimum wage in 2004, a Florida Department of Law Enforcement spokesman said ACORN was “singled out” among suspected voter registration groups because it was “the common thread” in the agency’s investigations from one end of the state to the other. One blatant example of voter fraud includes registering 68-year-old Charles Shuh, a former Democratic mayor of St. Petersburg, as a 30-year-old female Republican.

New Mexico—In an effort to put a wage initiative on the ballot in Albuquerque, New Mexico, in 2005 ACORN employees forged thousands of fraudulent signatures. Following their voter registration drive in 2004, a state Representative stated that ACORN was “manufacturing voters” throughout New Mexico.

Ohio—This is not the first time ACORN has been accused of shady practices in Ohio. In Cuyahoga County in 2004, ACORN and its affiliate Project Vote submitted registration cards that had the highest rate of errors for any voter registration group.

“Once again ACORN is using any means necessary to fool the public into supporting its radical political agenda,” said Mike Flynn, EPI’s director of legislative affairs. “ACORN’s decades of questionable elections practices and outright deceit extending throughout a dozen states prove this group is more about advancing its political agenda than about helping the community.”

To see an example of the fraudulent signatures ACORN submitted for their ballot initiative to raise Albuquerque’s minimum wage or to read the report “Rotten ACORN: America’s Bad Seed,” go to www.RottenACORN.com. (http://www.RottenACORN.com.)<hr /></blockquote>

LWW

hondo
10-31-2007, 06:21 AM
Three responses to your post! And you think nobody cares over here!

LWW
10-31-2007, 08:24 AM
Im already knew that you and the neoleftists don't.

You whine constantly about election stealing but run under the couch in denial when it's exposed with actual evidence.

Thank you however for publicly confessing your intellectual myopia. It's the first step to recovery.

LWW

hondo
10-31-2007, 09:18 AM
Just curious. How will you know when I have totally recovered? When I start to respond like Bamadog and Chefjeff?

LWW
10-31-2007, 09:19 AM
When you show evidence of thinking instead of being told what to think.

I'm pulling for you bro.

LWW

hondo
10-31-2007, 09:50 AM
What is it you want me to believe, ole buddy.
In religion we're on the same page.
Most social issues we're close.
What do you want out of me? The war was
a brilliant idea on Dubya's part?
We're winning? We are not being ripped off
by the greedy bas***ds running America?
Bush is destroying America"s future by borrowing billions from China? He's not a worse President than Lincoln?
And if I believe all this nonsense that you apparently
believe, I'll be sane, cured?
Are you out of your frigging mind?
Most sane people in America know that we are trapped in another Nam for all the wrong reasons.
You spout all this crap that less than 25% of Americans believe and imagine yourself a free thinker. You are the brain-washed one, brother, and I pray that one day you will wake up and come to your senses.
In the meantime, can't you see that your arrogance and
desire to win debates impresses NOBODY but Dog &amp; Jeff.
You're considered a big joke on here and most of the serious debaters have become too bored to continue with you on AZ.
Was there any part of that that wasn't clear? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

LWW
11-02-2007, 05:22 AM
So, did you actually have a comment on election fraud...or do you just like babbling off topic about how smart you are, hoping someone will listen?

LWW

hondo
11-02-2007, 06:04 AM
I really didn't read it. Sorry. Also, I apologise
for that outburst. I was a tad drunk at the time.

Qtec
11-02-2007, 07:16 AM
Both parties have succeeded in preventing a 3rd Political party. America claims to be Democratic but the voters have very little choice.

[ QUOTE ]
In the 2000 Congressional Elections out of the 435 Congressional districts in which there were election, 359 were listed as "safe" by Congressional Quarterly. [4] In all of these 359 there was no uncertainty as to who would win. The results a week later confirmed that very few House races were competitive. The 2000 House election resulted in a net change of only four seats (+1 for the Democrats, -2 for the Republicans and the electing of an additional independent). In total 98% of all incumbents were reelected, and this was not unusual. <hr /></blockquote>

Q

LWW
11-02-2007, 07:46 AM
See, we can agree.

Has nothing to do with election fraud however.

The neoleftists have bleated for 7 years about election fraud ... in spite of no actual evidence ... and now that actual election fraud has been found there is no outrage?

They also bleated about Bush firing USAG's that wouldn't prosecute "political" case. Yet when the cases are prosecuted judges and juries are finding them guilty. Where is the appreciation from those so fearful that democracy is in jeopardy?

Oddly, not anywhere to be seen.

My guess is that they are huddled in an effort to find a new way to rig the system.

LWW

LWW
11-02-2007, 07:59 AM
As a token of frienship I'm going to answer each.
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> What is it you want me to believe, ole buddy.
In religion we're on the same page. <font color="blue"> Yep. </font color>
Most social issues we're close.<font color="blue"> Ditto. </font color>
What do you want out of me? The war was
a brilliant idea on Dubya's part? <font color="blue"> We even agree there that the war has been botched. </font color>
We're winning? <font color="blue"> If we hadn't tried to appease the nutjob left and the UN and treated Iraq like Japan and Germany this would be over by now. </font color> We are not being ripped off by the greedy bas***ds running America? <font color="blue"> Now we we get to the meat, and where we differ ... although I agree that we are getting hosed. </font color>
Bush is destroying America"s future by borrowing billions from China? <font color="blue">Yes and no. The POTUS can borrow nothing. Congress allows borrowing and authorizes spending. OTOH he isn't doing much to stop it ... but it did not begin there nor will it end. Fixation on ONE individual allows THOUSANDS of scoundrels to take cover</font color> He's not a worse President than Lincoln? <font color="blue">When Bush starts boarding up the NYT and has Keith Olberman jailed for sedition call me and I'll agree he's getting close to Lincoln. Until then, this only shows you learned the myth of Lincoln but not the history of Lincoln.</font color>
And if I believe all this nonsense that you apparently
believe, I'll be sane, cured? <font color="blue">I've never asked you to believe a thing friend, just to look at other POV's and all the data available.</font color>
Are you out of your frigging mind? <font color="blue">What day is it? </font color>
Most sane people in America know that we are trapped in another Nam for all the wrong reasons. <font color="blue">The Viet Nam analogy used to appear ludicrous. It does have a chance of being self fulfilling however. We have, stupidly, once again tried to fight a "NICE" war.</font color>
You spout all this crap that less than 25% of Americans believe and imagine yourself a free thinker.<font color="blue">And there is another are where we differ. Truth is not dependant upon polls or opinions. Less than 25% of the people in 1962 believed the USA could actually "Send a man to the Moon and safely return him to Earth before the end of this decade!" That didn't stop it from being done.n-washed one, brother, and I pray that one day you will wake up and come to your senses.
In the meantime, can't you see that your arrogance and
desire to win debates impresses NOBODY but Dog &amp; Jeff.
You're considered a big joke on here and most of the serious debaters have become too bored to continue with you on AZ.
Was there any part of that that wasn't clear? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif <hr /></blockquote>
The rest I will write off for the reason you cited.

LWW

hondo
11-02-2007, 02:53 PM
Nice post.

LWW
11-02-2007, 03:36 PM
Honestly Hondo, I've always been mystified why you say the things about me that you do?

As much as you shadow post me you can't possibly be oblivious to the fact that the people I body slam are people who get mouthy first and can't take it at all in return.

And, to be very honest, the one exception to this might be Gayle.

She has actually said nearly nothing to me and my opinion of her was formed from her posts I read when I lurked here 1 night and the way members from here would hold her out as a taunt.

After enough times I came over to settle an argument I never wanted and perhaps blasted her when I should have blasted you, Dutchboy, and Wolfie. And then maybe she was the instigator behind it. I'd honestly like to know, but to date nobody involved wants to fess up.

If in this case I did attack an innocent person I will apologize as that was not my intent nor is it my style.

That does not mean that I agree with her nonsense.

LWW

hondo
11-03-2007, 08:22 AM
No, you're right. This has been a vast conspiracy against you by the members of CCB with Gayle as the mastermind
behind it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

wolfdancer
11-03-2007, 12:19 PM
Hondo, again he opens his mouth and besides just drool coming out......he puts his foot in it.
He's now trying to wiggle out of the fact he came over here to put Gayle down....which won him zero friends, and made him look like your typical woman basher
He admits he was wrong to attack someone who never attacked him, but......
now claims he meant to pick on Q and myself....and neither of us had even heard of this **** until he came over here....uh, his "fame" isn't as widespread as he thinks.
It only took his "sedition" post for me to realize, we're not only not on the same page, we're reading different books, and he ain't finished coloring in his yet.
The first tipoff is when someone has to brag how smart they are...you know then, they are just below avg.
And when someone has to brag about winning, you know they are a ****** loser.
But getting back to the blitzkrieg ....he wants to attack me because I'm against the war, and against this administration.......and proclaims hisself a patriot by doing that...Yes, that is the American Way.He even got hisself one of dem Flag pins to prove he is a patriot, and now maybe is shopping for a gold oak leaf cluster?????
Since I am not a fan and read little of their posts...I could be wrong making this assumption...BUT,I think his only supporters here are the fellow
web page (http://www.nihilists.org/) members that he brought over with him, to nod their heads in agreement, and applaud his proclamations (that seemed to be their role on AZB as well).....so he's forced to having to go back to AZB to get acknowledgment for his hollow "Victories".
He's in way over his head matching up with Snake, and if he really was smart, he'd do an "advance to the rear", and bow out of that debate, while he still has a thread of dignity left...'cause every time he rolls the dice here....they come up "Snake eyes"

hondo
11-03-2007, 02:48 PM
Good post, Wolfie.
BTW, Q used to post over on AZ as Gabber so
believe me He &amp; LWW are well acquainted with other.
They've had several verbal battles in the past.
You do have to admit things have perked up around here.

wolfdancer
11-03-2007, 03:29 PM
perked up they may be, but not so sure it isn't to the detriment of the board. I'm still trying to figure out why he cherry picks a post from here, to publish on ASB? WTF do they care over there (in the uh, **Major Leagues**, his words) about what is said over here in the minor league, as long as it doesn't involve them? What's posted here, should stay here......Now I posted the bs here,that he wrote about this board, over there.....and I'm also wondering why, since he has such a low opinion of the members here, he bothers to post?
I wonder if I could freeze the kool aid, put a stick in it, and send it to him as a popscicle, my gift?

eg8r
11-03-2007, 07:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You do have to admit things have perked up around here. <hr /></blockquote> Sure I admit it, the board does seem busier, but instead of patting your back and thanking you for this nonsense, I am stuck trying to find anything postive that has become of it.

I really prefer the boring mundane life before bonnie and clyde stopped by.

eg8r

bamadog
11-03-2007, 08:34 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr>
I really prefer the boring mundane life ...

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Boring people usually do.