PDA

View Full Version : Trouble for Olhausen?

Casey
10-31-2007, 10:20 PM
Is Olhausen in a downward-fall or is this guy full of it??

I was emailing with a Beringer rep and when I spoke of Brunswick/Olhausen here is what he said:

"Brunswick, Great Name...made in China now. But I would not knock Brunswick they have very similar protocols that we do and with out a very close study of such companies and respect you can not achieve a quality product."

"Olhausen, Great Name....and a very sad affair for the Industry that one of the largest manufacturers due to there inability to change with the times has caused such a Titan to go down. We do not expect them to survive past 2007."

Is there any truth to this about Olhausen?

Anyone here, have/heard of, Beringer tables? I can't go by this guy he gets paid to say they are great.

pooltchr
11-01-2007, 04:20 AM
Olhausen just moved to Tennessee, building a brand new state of the art manufacturing and distribution facility. Hardly a sign of a company on their way out.
Steve

scaramouche
11-01-2007, 05:37 AM
Beringer tables were used at the Canadian 9-Ball and Snooker Championships this year. Haven't heard anything either pro or con about them.

Casey
11-01-2007, 05:39 AM
Yeah, must be a last ditch effort.... LOL
Sales reps are like politicians they can't twist anything around...

Casey
11-01-2007, 05:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote scaramouche:</font><hr> Beringer tables were used at the Canadian 9-Ball and Snooker Championships this year. Haven't heard anything either pro or con about them. <hr /></blockquote>

Yeah the rep was also quick to point that out. With a little research I found this quote:
"finally we are moving in the right direction and trying to bring our national championships in front of the public rather than tucked away in a pool room somewhere. With major sponsorship from Beringer Tables, Mr. Billiard, Simonis Cloth, and The Extended Stay Hotel Deluxe the venue was setup at the Super Ex in Ottawa"

I new to this but it doesn't sound like that was a huge event.

av84fun
11-03-2007, 10:54 PM
Zero chance that is true...but we will find out AT THE END OF NEXT MONTH!!
(-: