PDA

View Full Version : The Downing St Memo[ revisited]

Qtec
11-01-2007, 07:24 AM
"C reported on his recent talks in Washington. There was a perceptible shift in attitude. Military action was now seen as inevitable. Bush wanted to remove Saddam, through military action, justified by the conjunction of terrorism and WMD. But the intelligence and facts were being fixed around the policy. The NSC had no patience with the UN route, and no enthusiasm for publishing material on the Iraqi regime's record. There was little discussion in Washington of the aftermath after military action."

web page (http://www.downingstreetmemo.com/memos.html)

The date is very revealing.

Date: 23 July 2002

This guy says the evidence is being fixed.
After the invasion GW claims a TOTAL intel failure when they find no WMDs!

If its a fake- which it isn't- the guy who wrote it must have been clairvoyant .!

Does anybody still believe that the 50 billiom a year Intel Services got it ALL wrong?????????

Q

eg8r
11-01-2007, 07:28 AM
If those on the board are going to criticize lww and puppydog for rehashing old crap why on earth, Q, would you begin doing the very same thing? Everyone has already chosen what they are going to believe and what they will not with respect to these "facts" a long time ago. Why bring it back up to suit two goons from AZB?

eg8r

LWW
11-01-2007, 09:04 AM
My guess is that he subscribes to Goebels' statement that a lie told often enough soon becomes indiscernible from the truth.

LWW

eg8r
11-01-2007, 10:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My guess is that he subscribes to Goebels' statement that a lie told often enough soon becomes indiscernible from the truth. <hr /></blockquote> How is this different than what you say as viewed by them? You were the one that started bringing up old stories and Q is now following suit.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
11-01-2007, 10:30 AM
Loads of former Intelligence people have given documentation, and testimony, that Bush and Cheney let everyone know immediately after taking over the White House, that they didn't want to hear about anyting but Saddam, and Iraq.

Hence, no response to Richard Clarke's continuing requests for an emergency meeting with the president, about the coming attack, on 9/11. No response from Rice, then National Security Advisor, after Tenet drove to her office, emergency meeting, about that coming attack. He response was, "The President does not want to swat at flies."

No wonder, Baker, and others made damn sure that there was no looking back into Bush actions, before 9/11. Much was overlooked, completely, and the Republican treated those families like there were criminals for even daring to demand the investigation in the first place, bush even tried to cut off the funding.

As always, Daddy's friends rescued him from his rightful accountability for his incompetence, and failure to act in accordance with the information, and hence, the successful al Qaeda attack against our country on 9/11. The 9/11 commission, made damned sure they didn't ask the pertinent questions. Just another Whitewash.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Bush/Cheney/Libby, fixed the intelligence, then they blamed all the people, experts, the same experts they refused to heed, when they were told that the intelligence on the side of Saddam having WMD's did not come from reliable sources. the administration deleted everything that did not support their wish to invade Iraq. Hundreds of thousands have died, since, due to their failed, hidden, unamerican policies.

They should all be hung from the White House Portico for what they have done to our country, and Iraq. Rice along with the rest of them. The very educated, liar, with no common sense. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

LWW
11-01-2007, 10:43 AM
Yet surprisingly you have no evidence to back any of it up.

How odd?

LWW

bamadog
11-01-2007, 11:33 AM
Gayle, what was Sandy Burglar hoping to accomplish by stealing and destroying top secret documents pertaining to Bin Laden intercepts during his time as the National Security Advisor for Clinton. Who do you think he was working for?

Qtec
11-01-2007, 08:55 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> If those on the board are going to criticize lww and puppydog for rehashing old crap why on earth, Q, would you begin doing the very same thing? <hr /></blockquote>
'rehashing old crap'? I don't think so. Would you have said the same thing about the Wash Times expose on Watergate? Was that rehashing old crap?
You may ignore the fact that the the D St Memo has proved to be stunningly accurate. Additional evidence that has emerged over the years demands that these issues be looked at again. At the time, yes, you believed it or you didn't. That was then and this is now.
If you notice LWW's reply, you can see he is in denial. He refuses to believe the Memo is real or even exists!

Q.....go figure.
[ QUOTE ]

Everyone has already chosen what they are going to believe and what they will not with respect to these "facts" a long time ago.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

The facts DO change belief, eventually. Even the Catholic church had to admit in the end that the Earth is NOT the center of the Universe.

[ QUOTE ]
Bush wanted to remove Saddam, through military action, justified by the conjunction of terrorism and WMD. But the intelligence and facts were being fixed around the policy. <hr /></blockquote>

Since then a 100 people have emerged, some from the very top levels of power and they say the same thing. I choose not to stick my fingers in my ears and hum .
Q

LWW
11-02-2007, 04:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr>The facts DO change belief, eventually. Even the Catholic church had to admit in the end that the Earth is NOT the center of the Universe.<hr /></blockquote>
Absolutely false.

I am sitting at this moment dead center in the middle of the universe and such minds as Albert Einstein, Stephen Hawking, and Brian Greene agree with me.

Think it out.

LWW

Qtec
11-02-2007, 06:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So where is the center? *There isn't one*. <hr /></blockquote> web page (http://www.faqs.org/faqs/astronomy/faq/part9/section-5.html)

Lets just say they were forced to concede that the Sun did not revolve around the Earth.

Q

Gayle in MD
11-02-2007, 08:04 AM
Q,
These responses to your post, and mine, are proof positive that we are dealing with delusional loyal Bushies, from the twighlight zone of denial and delusion.

Surely, no person in our country could be informed on factual issues regarding this administration, and the history of their lies, during and after their Fiasco in Iraq, and still be attempting to disregard documented proof, which the entire world has read about, confirmed through a library of interviews, and official statements, from every branch of our government, and every National Security Agency.

The MUSHROOM CLOUD threat, was the buzz word used by all of the top level administration liars, and countless respected career operatives have exposed the Bush/Rice/Cheney/Powell/Rumsfeld, lies, and each who spoke truth to power, in turn slandered by the trash which has disgraced our country in deeds and lies for seven years.

It is laughable, that these nuts would expect to be taken seriously, in light of their complete delusional ignorance, and think themselves credible, even as they demand proof, for what has long been accepted, and proven, both here and abroad, the entire documented story, as told by those who observed it from within the bowels, and top levels, of every intelligence agency, the web of deciet documented here, and in the UK.

These Loyal Bushies, are beyond crayons. Frightening, isn't it, to think that people like them have the right to vote?

They do not meet requirements for inclusion in any debate. We've all watched the Bush curtain be blown away, and the Wizard is now laughable, as laughable to most Americans, as these nutcases are to the vast majority in our country, and yes, right here on the CCB.

When people can deny the written word, including sworn, documented testimony, who cares what they say or think. They're nincompoops. Funny, that Rumsfeld's "Snowflakes" are emerging, quoted directives to our career gov. employees, written in his handwriting, directing others in the agency to link Saddam, with 9/11. These are directives, in his hand, no less. And also, currently, our top level State Department people who were among those who knew that invading Iraq, would be a disaster, and advised strongly against it, are refusing to go to the Baghdad Embassy that Bush spent billions upon billions, building, calling it a death sentence. They will of course be attacked, and punished, as is this administration's M.O. for anyone in Government who doesn't cower to them, and our country will lose even more valued government professionals.

George Bush couldn't have hurt the United States Of America, any more than if he had been brain washed as a child, and planted in his present position by Russian Operatives, for the sole purpose of bringing down America, and taking us from within.

"Against All Enemies: Foreign, And Domestic" "Fiasco" "State Of Denial" "The Greatest Story Ever Sold" "Hubris" "Jawbreaker" "Worse Than Watergate"
"The United States Of America VS. George W. Bush" "No End In Sight" "Without Conscience" and numerous National Security Estimates, and Government Accounting Office findings, along with an entire list of respected career generals, all this, denied by these Loyal Bushies, AZAH's, reality challenged, and not fit for debate.

Gayle in Md.

LWW
11-02-2007, 08:07 AM
That's one spin.

The other is that if the universe is infinite then it is an infinite distance from me to the edge of the universe in every direction.

Therefore, I am at the center. Of course soa re you and Regis Philbin.

LWW

Qtec
11-02-2007, 08:22 AM
Using that logic, I could argue the same thing if I was standing on the Moon.
We can't both be at the center. Therefore, there is no center.

Q

eg8r
11-02-2007, 11:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
'rehashing old crap'? I don't think so. Would you have said the same thing about the Wash Times expose on Watergate? Was that rehashing old crap?
<hr /></blockquote> Q, please don't ever try and raise yourself up to be equal to Wash Times, NY Times, CNN, Fox or whomever. You are a grumpy outsider with nothing important to say.

My mention of old crap is a reference to this board. I don't understand why you would want to imitate lww right after the backlash he took for bringing up old crap.

eg8r