PDA

View Full Version : Arianna Knocks It Out Of The Ballpark!

Gayle in MD
11-02-2007, 10:07 AM
With each passing day -- and each bellicose, over-the-top, spittle-enhanced pronouncement -- Rudy Giuliani is revealing that he has the soul of a thug and the disposition of a tyrant. His behavior on the stump shows Jimmy Breslin nailed it when he described Giuliani as "a small man in search of a balcony." (Don't forget, Il Rudy cleaned up Times Square and made the subways run on time.
Giuliani's latest testosterone-fueled rant found him arguing that if we hadn't invaded Iraq, Saddam (who had no nuclear program) would be "becoming nuclear right now," and making the jaw-dropping and stomach-turning claim that Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama "are kind of debating whether to invite" Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and Bashar Assad "to the inauguration or the inaugural ball." (At least he seems to accept that it will be a Democrat making out the guest list in January '09.)

Giuliani has apparently never met a belt he didn't want to hit below. GOP presidential candidates are in a contest to see who can be the biggest Neanderthal -- and this is caveman Rudy's latest swing of the club: "Huckabee doesn't believe in evolution? Well, I think Hillary wants to have champagne and dance the waltz with a holocaust-denying madman!"

Then there was his head-scratching defense of Mike Mukasey's waffling on waterboarding, claiming that, like the attorney general designate, he wasn't sure it was torture. "It depends on how it's done," explained Giuliani. "It depends on the circumstances. It depends on who does it." So if you're being waterboarded by a sexy girl in a room filled with candles, it's all good? Does Rudy occasionally come home, dim the lights, open up a nice bottle of chilled Chablis, put on a little Barry White, and ask Judi to break out the waterboard? Since when is there so much wiggle room when it comes to obeying the Geneva Conventions?

It's clear from his hyperbolic rhetoric that Giuliani has fully bought into his own phony myth -- painting himself as a two-fisted tough guy, the mayor with the "S" on his chest and the dust from the fallen twin towers on his shoulders.

The surprising thing isn't that Giuliani is channeling Rush Limbaugh, tossing red meat to the lunatic fringe that has taken over the GOP. It's that the media are letting him get away with it.

If a Democratic presidential candidate - or even a mere Congressman like Pete Stark -- had said that Bush was going to invite the nuke-happy Ahmadinejad to the White House for a celebration, the airwaves would be filled with demands for an apology and an emergency session of Congress would be called to pass a resolution condemning the unpatriotic insult. John McCain said that MoveOn "ought to be thrown out of" the country for calling General Petraeus "General Betray Us." But the front-runner for the Republican nomination suggests that Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama would want to party with tyrants, and he gets a free pass from the traditional press. Why? Does a potential Hillary-Rudy match up offer too many good story lines to be derailed by increasing evidence of Giuliani's readiness for a well-padded room?

Or maybe the media are just drinking the same Kool-Aid as the GOP faithful who seem surprisingly willing to look the other way when Giuliani treats telling the truth the same way he treats waterboarding: "It depends on how it's done."

Of course, if the media ever do get around to holding Giuliani's feet to the fire, they need to do it accurately -- not like the AP, which initially misreported Rudy's crack about Clinton and Obama inviting Ahmadinejad and Assad to the White House. The AP reporter heard "Assad" as "Osama" and many in the media, including me, went with the erroneous AP story -- in my case until I heard the sound byte myself.

Here is the AP correction.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/arianna-huffington/unhinged-giuliani-buys-i_b_70827.html

bamadog
11-02-2007, 11:26 AM
Arianna's protestations seem pretty ungenuine.

I have no doubt that Hillary would in fact invite both those thugs to the White House.

One need only look at Pelosi's disgusting performance in Damascus to realize that the Dems are the party of appeasement and surrender.

btw Gayle, thanks for the homage.
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

wolfdancer
11-02-2007, 11:55 AM
Rudy won't have the endorsements of either the NYPD, or NYFD;so much for his heroic self portrait. Rudy couldn't get elected dogcatcher in NYC right about now.
As I may have noted here before...we sentenced a Japanese soldier to 15 yrs imprisonment, for water boarding in WWII.
I guess it does all depend on the circumstances.
BUT,as a public service to the Republicans....I have this great idea.....
Since they believe that only the Bush/Cheney Presidency is protecting America from the forces of evil....why not a Cheney/Bush ticket this time?
I'm not sure this violates the term limits ????
Clearly with the popularity of these two amongst Republican voters, this would mean another landslide victory, and another 8 years of freedom from fear.

LWW
11-02-2007, 12:00 PM
So, which tactics could they use that would meet your approval?

LWW

Gayle in MD
11-03-2007, 01:39 PM
Arianna does have a way with words. The difference between her writing, and some of the slop put out by right wing fascists neocons, is like night and day. Republicans have nothing but fear itself, and it's getting old. Anyone who would believe their bs about small government, and cutting spending, after this free for all, would have to be nuts! Oh wait, they ARE nuts! /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

As long as they're spending it all on war and bombs, Bush is happy, but just don't let any of it get to sick kids, who need help! Imagine, his veto, to cover our children's health needs, which could be paid for with only forty days of his war of choice in Iraq! But then, that would interrupt his mission of spreading and emboldening terrorism, all over the globe, and expanding enemies of America.

Gayle in Md.

Drop1
11-03-2007, 02:40 PM
Pelosi's trip was not disgusting,just naive. She has been unable to move the House,in any significant motion to stop Bush,and among Democrats is quickly becoming persona non grata. Hillary is the choice of women,and her much vaunted experience,is a shell game. She will win,and do nothing. When it comes to disgusting,Rudy,and George share those honors.

wolfdancer
11-03-2007, 03:43 PM
you really don't get the gist of many posts, do you? Did you skip school the day they taught reading comprehension?
BUT, to answer your question....I don't have a f*****g clue about torture. I might just have someone read to them,the drivel that you write, until I get a confession...it might be both cruel and inhumane....but it would get results.

Gayle in MD
11-03-2007, 05:53 PM
BWA ha ha ha! Then we'll write a book, "Worse Than Waterboarding." /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I must say, I've only read their titles, and those are bad enough, that is, since we've been infiltrated by the right wing fascists Bushies from AZ, aka, AZAH.

I'm sure though, that you've nailed it!

Good one friend,
Love,
Gayle

LWW
11-03-2007, 06:17 PM
So what techniques would the expert du jour approve of.

It is obviously not I who have comprehension issues.

LWW

wolfdancer
11-03-2007, 07:04 PM
Let me put it this way in terms that you might understand....that was not pertinent to what I was writing about. But I did answer your question anyway.....
Now if you want to begin a thread and ask that question....I'll give you the same **** answer....I don't have a clue...When does humane torture become barbaric torture? I'll leave that for people like you, self acknowledged experts in just about every field.
Problem is, the more you try to pass yourself off as some brainiac.....the dumber you look.
Let me put it this way for you...just because people have called you an idiot....doesn't make you a savant....

Drop1
11-03-2007, 07:10 PM
Can you go over that again,he didn't understand what you said.

LWW
11-03-2007, 09:48 PM
I made no claim to be an expert.

I can however answer what I believe torture is and what torture isn't.

How do you rationalize within your massive brain whether you are for or against something when you can't even answer WTH it is?

That my friend is the surest sign of intellectual bankruptcy that can be displayed and the docket in this courtroom is overbooked.

LWW

wolfdancer
11-03-2007, 10:19 PM
blah , blah, blah, blah
your **** lips are moving again,but nothing intelligent is coming out
Hey, have a good life....I see little future in continuing any discussion with you....
And to think....some people want to overturn Roe v Wade. ???

LWW
11-04-2007, 04:46 AM
So, I asked you a question your peanut can't cipher out.

Afterwards do you choose to open your mind to the reasons you get an intellectual beat down daily?

No, you, as always stoop an onslaught of petty attacks.

You to my knowledge have never contributed a single point beyond:

1-Emotion trumps logic in your mind.
2-You hate anything you can't comprehend.
3-Opinion trumps data in your mind.
4-Verifying your clueless status.
5-Spreading your version of bigoted intolerance.

These will limit your growth my friend until you see the light.

I'm pulling for you.

LWW