PDA

View Full Version : Bill Maher Knocks It Out Of The Ballpark

Gayle in MD
11-02-2007, 10:11 AM
New Rule: In the next fifteen months, President Bush has to perform at least one act that doesn't make money for someone he knows.

Take "No Child Left Behind." At first it just looked like gentle empty bullshit, a way to neutralize the Democrats edge with voters on education issues. What did it even mean? And how could you be against it? Education. It was a perfect cause that would honor the legacy of any president...'s wife. Which made it even more perfect for pre-9/11 Bush. And who could it hurt? No one. It made Lady Bird Johnson's wild-flowers-by-the-highways project look like the [censored] Marshall Plan.

Except, like all Bush ideas, there was more to it. To meet the requirements of "No Child Left Behind" America's public schools have ordered more than eleven million standardized tests in the last two years. (New York State alone ordered 1.7 million.) The cost of the tests -- and the testing industry, including test prep -- now exceeds two billion dollars a year. And 90% of the industry is controlled by five corporations. And the largest of them is McGraw-Hill. And the McGraw family just happens to go back 80 years with the Bushes.

Another beneficiary of No Child Left Behind? Neil Bush's educational software company. The one funded by the United Arab Emirates. The one Barbara Bush said the Katrina victims had to spend her donation on.

Which is, of course, all blood under the bridge. But when Bush does anything, there's always some profit motive behind it. Nothing is free but the hookers. So it wasn't surprising that he announced his post war plans were to replenish the coffers with speeches. But before that, he has to do one purely altruistic thing. Just one.

Bill Maher is the host of HBO's "Real Time with Bill Maher" which airs every Friday at 11PM.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bill-maher/no-crony-left-behind_b_70758.html

eg8r
11-02-2007, 11:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
New Rule: In the next fifteen months, President Bush has to perform at least one act that doesn't make money for someone he knows.
<hr /></blockquote> Why stop at Bush? Why not Feinstein? Why not ask this of every single politician?

eg8r

LWW
11-02-2007, 11:22 AM
We both know the answer.

To the neolibs corruption is only wrong when the other side does it.

LWW

wolfdancer
11-02-2007, 01:39 PM
That is a great idea.....
I'm a big fan of Diane's.....and think she would make a fine
(Fein) President if you'll pardon the pun....but that "Stein" part wouldn't go over with Mid-America.
I'm not sure we're ready yet to overcome prejudices against a Woman, Black, or Jewish candidate, and God knows we ain't ready to elect a Saint, even a LDS (but given what's left out there amongst announced candidates?)
I'm still not sure how JFK broke through the barriers, maybe thanks to the good folks in Illinois, who thought enough of him to vote more then once?

bamadog
11-02-2007, 02:11 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> That is a great idea.....
(Fein) President if you'll pardon the pun....but that "Stein" part wouldn't go over with Mid-America.
I'm not sure we're ready yet to overcome prejudices against a Woman, Black, or Jewish candidate, and God knows we ain't ready to elect a Saint, even a LDS (but given what's left out there amongst announced candidates?)
I'm still not sure how JFK broke through the barriers, maybe thanks to the good folks in Illinois, who thought enough of him to vote more then once? <hr /></blockquote>

At least you are finally admitting that the racial, sexual, and religious bigotry is on the Liberal side. I don't think you've seen any of us Conservatives espousing those biases.

LWW
11-02-2007, 03:28 PM
TAP-TAP-TAP!

LWW

wolfdancer
11-02-2007, 07:10 PM
I'm thinking you try to read into a post, something to make it fit your agenda...Mid-America is hardly a left wing bastion..."we" means the American voters, as a whole.
I don't think I can speak for the liberals re their prejudices, and don't think you can speak for the right, re their lack of same.
You'll probably not find too many liberals amongst the members of the Augusta National Golf Club, and you won't find too many, Blacks, women, nor Jews either...as one example. I'd guess the same about the Bohemian club,
"Private men's clubs, like the San Francisco Bohemian Club, have ... With a historically all white membership,"
of which GWB is a member, and the Pacific-Union club, which is so exclusive, they won't even let him join....
Try me again when you have a valid point to discuss.....
I made a non partisan post ...and your reply is just another reason why I switch channels when I see anything by either of you.
Now you made your point re my post, and I replied...so why don't you just drop it, post another "win" over on AZB, and
get on with your life...???????????????????????????
But you won't, even though the issue has been asked and answered.........I'm finished with it....

wolfdancer
11-02-2007, 07:23 PM
You're just like all the other left wing, liberals picking on the Bush boys who are just trying, as George Sr. said, to make a buck.....
so there's a Bank failure scandal, Medicare fraud, insider trading, and dealings with the Bin Laden family....it's just nit-picking.....Don't forget who gave the world Xylon B...be very careful, with your accusations....
And your side, might I remind you (as we like to do whenever
the good guys get caught with their pants down) was involved in that terrible BJ scandal that rocked the world, and made us look bad amongst every civilized nation, except for France, which offered to purchase the rights to any videos.......

hondo
11-03-2007, 09:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bamadog:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> That is a great idea.....
I'm still not sure how JFK broke through the barriers, maybe thanks to the good folks in Illinois, who thought enough of him to vote more then once? <hr /></blockquote>

At least you are finally admitting that the racial, sexual, and religious bigotry is on the Liberal side. I don't think you've seen any of us Conservatives espousing those biases. <hr /></blockquote>

Another silly post from you. I really do wish you would have your buddy proofread your ideas before you post.
I get embarrassed for you, buddy.

Gayle in MD
11-03-2007, 01:09 PM
I spent some of thursday, during the league, talking with a really nice Marine, just back from two years in Iraq. I couldn't sleep afterward, I got so angry about this radical bunch of wussies who have taken over the Republican Party.

It's hard to imagine, now, that there was a time when I could actually decide whether to vote for the Republican presidential candidate, or the Democratic candidate. Those days are gone forever, for me.

Since the Democrats don't have enough votes to impeach these radical right wing, neocon, treasonists out of office, my only hope comes in knowing that many Americans, like me, have watched closely, as the Bush administration has broken law after law, and gotten away with all their treasonist activities, because Republicans as a party, are as corrupt as their president and his entire executive branch. It is at least, very encouraging, taking note of how much trouble Republicans are having raising money, no wonder, the only choices are a brain challenged, thug from New York, an animal torturer, who was born into priviledge, and has made damned sure none of his healthy boys are contributing to "fighting them over there," and a screaming war mongering Bush clone, with about as much common sense as his hero, the idiotic chimp in the White House, who can't string three coherent sentences together, and has turn the government into his own personal banking system, for the benefit of his cronies, and his retroactive payoffs which will be forth coming as soon as no one is looking over his shoulders, found just above his bowed legs, and just under his smirking, twisted, lopsided face.

My marine friend gave me a pretty pitiful description of the morale of our troops, and the hopelessness they are feeling about their plight. Their major concern, naturally, to get as many of their fellow soldiers out of an unwinnable war, fought for no good reason, and against our best interests, as has been proven by our National Intelligence Agencies' own appraisal of the results of Bush's chosen war. But, they're greatest grief is in knowing that as we waste treasure, and blood in Iraq, al Qaeda has been free to enlist, train and send their new found operatives all around the world, forming new cells, and presenting a much greater threat to the world, thanks to George Bush, and his lying P'sOS in his cabinet, and executive offices.

Our government has lost so many good people, dedicated experts, who have fled the government, and the military, it would be impossible to make a complete estimate of all the damage that George Bush has brought down on our country.

Fifty percent of the voting public, is now Democratic. Democratic representatives are not perfect, by any means, but they are atleast not hell bent on destroying democracy, and creating a fascist regime here, where only 2 to 3% of our citizens, control everything.

My friend said that Iraq will never be peaceful. That the hatred is so wide spread, and is between so many warring factions, that even if you can settle things for a while between two tribes, there are many more, scattered all over the countryside, that will never grow free of their grudges.

Even his leaders, are only paying lip service, and counting the days until they can officially retire, and get free of the insane policies which George Bush has used to destroy our country, it's reputation, it's honor, and our monetary strength.

We have never been in such a worrisome circumstance, and it will be the first time that we were put there, by a President of our own country. Bush and Republican supporters, owe a great debt to the American people, for refusing to use their votes in a way that could have brought about the back lash against the Republican party, which could have saved our country from the horrible situation from which we must now struggle to free ourselves. I feel sorry for the next President of the United States. This mess is much worse than even the ones inherited by Carter, and Clinton.

Gayle in Md.

wolfdancer
11-03-2007, 01:35 PM
Gayle, since you qualified putting the blame on the right with "as a party"....I'd have to agree with you 100%
I'm not sure why people think that Bush who has divided this country, can unite two, centuries old, warring factions in Iraq.
Meantime GWB and friends have all had their hands in the National cookie jar, and there's only crumbs left
The next President will be a one term President, because as he, or she, tries to undo the damage,the remedy will be painful.
I wonder if GWB will sell the ranch and move to Dubai after his term expires? Better to be with friends, then to worry about all the enemies he has made here????

bamadog
11-03-2007, 03:41 PM
Gayle, that the military would let a delusional hate-filled propagandist like you anywhere near our returning troops is a crime.
They are obviously unaware of your true nature.
Hopefully someone will clue them in that "the nice grandmother who brings the cookies" is a crack pot. If only someone would point the Commanding Officer to this site.

Gayle in MD
11-03-2007, 06:09 PM
Bush is repulsive, to say the least. Everytime, he starts pushing for more money for this unwinnable war, he starts yapping about the troops need this and the troops need that. It's disgusting, since they've been over there for four years, and they've NEVER had what they needed, and
HE is the one who has cut the funds for Veterans.

Anyone who defend George Bush, is certainly not on the side of our troops, that's for sure! Just imagine, people being dumb enough to fall for Bush's rhetoric about those of us who support our troops, and hence, speak against his abusive policies, which are completely unfair to them. Supporting our troops is about calling this negligent, bull headed liar just what he is, and demanding that he be removed from the office he has disgraced with his lies, and treason, while we can still get them out of this quagmire.

I've had it with the nutty radical right wing nuts.

Gayle in Md.

Support our Troops, Impeach Dick Cheney and George Bush!

Drop1
11-03-2007, 07:18 PM
Hey Bangadog,did one of your brain cells turn off? I thought civil was your bag. Thanks for showing me the real you Ha ha ha Bangaboy is upset. Thank you Gayle.

bamadog
11-03-2007, 07:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Hey Bangadog,did one of your brain cells turn off? I thought civil was your bag. Thanks for showing me the real you Ha ha ha Bangaboy is upset. Thank you Gayle. <hr /></blockquote>

Didn't you just a few moments ago call LWW an "idiot"?
Why did you do that?
My guess is because you disagree with him but don't have the cajones to debate him on the topic.
Am I right?
My description of Gayle was accurate.
Read her hate-filled delusional posts and any reasonable person will come to the same conclusion, she is a crack pot.
If she would like to challenge me on it, I'm not going anywhere.

But my guess is, she'll send Toto to pee on my leg.

eg8r
11-03-2007, 07:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Gayle, that the military would let a delusional hate-filled propagandist like you anywhere near our returning troops is a crime. <hr /></blockquote> You really do know how to step out of line.

eg8r

Drop1
11-03-2007, 08:04 PM
I don't debate idiots,it is too much like debating a Christian ,there never was an issue. Anyway I have to thank Gayle once again,for showing you up for what you are.

bamadog
11-03-2007, 08:28 PM
Well, all either one of you guys has to do is show me where and how what I posted about Gayle is not true.

1. She believes GWB is in league with the Bin Laden family = Delusional
2. Spews her unabashed hatred for the administation in general and Bush, Cheney, and Rice in particular, EVERYDAY on this forum = Hate-Filled
3. Someone who is hate-filled and delusional is by definition a crackpot.

Now harry, you say you don't debate with "idiots", but everyone here knows that that is just a ruse to mask the fact that you don't have the cajones or brains to lay on the line. Don't bother playing your little game 'cause it's not fooling anybody.

Ed, this is a recent post from you to me:

"For a while I was giving you the benefit of doubt for having a brain bigger than a dog, but alas you are dog through and through .. I just lumped your pathetic butt in there also. "

Where's the civility from YOU? So quit whining!

wolfdancer
11-03-2007, 09:16 PM
You and LWW are really a class act. Gayle can handle herself, but she's written you two off, so don't expect any replies from her.
I guess there was no hate in your post, just constructive criticism?
Well, another victory over "Grandma" to report back to your cronies, eh????? You must be very proud !!!!

Drop1
11-03-2007, 09:18 PM
So you are a crackpot,and have no issues. Gayle,and I agree,that GWB is the greatest natural disaster to hit America,but I don't share her opinion on Hillary,or Aliens. I think she is the most informed person on this forum,regarding the performance of this Administration. On the other hand,you are just a brainless twit.

bamadog
11-03-2007, 09:42 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> So you are a crackpot,and have no issues. Gayle,and I agree,that GWB is the greatest natural disaster to hit America,but I don't share her opinion on Hillary,or Aliens. I think she is the most informed person on this forum,regarding the performance of this Administration. On the other hand,you are just a brainless twit. <hr /></blockquote>

Thank you harry, you proved my point yet again.

hondo
11-04-2007, 10:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bamadog:</font><hr> Gayle, that the military would let a delusional hate-filled propagandist like you anywhere near our returning troops is a crime.
Hopefully someone will clue them in that "the nice grandmother who brings the cookies" is a crack pot. If only someone would point the Commanding Officer to this site. <hr /></blockquote>

That was totally out of line. I can't even imagine
that LWW would approve of that post.
You need to get your emotions under control, partner. /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Gayle in MD
11-04-2007, 10:40 AM
You're quite welcome, friend, anytime I can defend our brave young men and women from the treasonist fascist liar in the White House, blinded by his own refusal to accept the fact that he will never over turn all the negative statistics and horrific results of his illogical, naive' decisions, regardless of how many Americans lives he wastes throwing good blood after bad, good money after bad, at the alter of his own ego, I am happy to do so. I doubt anyone on this forum, save our brave friend Daggs, has spoken with as many of our brave soldiers as have I, and hence, I have quite a complete picture of their plight, and how they feel about this president.

When 75% of the American people say they want change from the policies of the White House, only one the the loyal Bushie sheep, would be too dumb to figure out that our armed forces represent the same numbers, percentage wise, as a cross section of our society. In the case of our troops, I can assure you, the percentages are even higher than those of the general public, as one could well understand. Interesting, many, many fewer Americans held those feelings at the end of the Clinton presidency.

The efforts of Bush and his loyal sheep to split hairs on such actions, as torture, proves to a greater degree what I have thought about him, and them, all along. They are anachronisms, and would have fit their times much more appropriately had they lived in the fifteenth or sixteenth century. They would probably have remained in a high state of sexual arousal, given all those sights of bare backs covered in whip lashes!

Barbarians at heart, disguised as Christians. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif One would think that any American concerned about the safety of our troops, would be informed well enough to realize that many high ranking Republicans, are completely against water borading. Such a concerned citizen would at least have made sure they tuned into the stations which were showing actual water boarding, being used on an un-willing prisoner, but I guess Fox didn't show that video? Having seen it, I have no doubt of exactly what I was watching, torture, plain and simple. But then, this administration witnesses starvation, and calls the starving, food challenged. Hitler had nothing on Bush! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Gayle in Md.

bamadog
11-04-2007, 11:40 AM
Thank you Gayle, you continue to prove my point.
I visit with Marine veterans of the Iraqi war regularly.
They do not subscribe to your viewpoint in the least.
I only hope that when you are visiting with our troops you keep your unsubstantiated and radical theories to yourself.
To suggest that they have been duped by the evil GWB, insults their intelligence and denigrates their service.

Drop1
11-04-2007, 03:20 PM
Duping was the only way to start this war,and what do you tell your new friends? "They are fighting,to keep Iraq Democratic" Do you tell them,GWB say Iraq is returning to normal,and we are winning the war? Do you tell them the war is worth every life,even as it breaks the U.S. in two? Sorry pal,but I don't buy your "I talk to Marines BS".

wolfdancer
11-04-2007, 03:31 PM
Can't say that i buy into it either...with his bragging about every thing else, and knowing that Gayle does visit the Veteran's hospital....he definitely would have added a "me too" right from the git go....
I have this terrible mental picture of a wounded soldier, lying in a hospital bed, wondering if the loss of a limb was worth it....and then having to listen to this "patriot" explain the war to him. I know I'd be reaching for the "summon help" button, or reaching for my side arm, if they let me have one in there.
Hell, i feel like reaching for my side arm now and shooting out this monitor, but I'd go broke buying monitors every time I read one of his ***** I-know-it-all posts.

bamadog
11-04-2007, 04:06 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Do you tell them,GWB say Iraq is returning to normal,and we are winning the war? Do you tell them the war is worth every life,even as it breaks the U.S. in two? Sorry pal,but I don't buy your "I talk to Marines BS". <hr /></blockquote>

No, I listen to them.
They tell me about all the good they've done over there.
They tell me about the people who come out their houses and kiss their hands and thank them.
They tell me about the kids who follow them everywhere and beg them to come home to meet their families.
They tell me about the terrified residents who come to them at night and beg them to do something about the "bad men"(Al Qaeda) who are terrorizing them when the Americans aren't around.
They tell me how proud they are of their outfits, commanders and friends.
Then I thank them for their service.

My Nehew is a Marine 0311 who has spent 2 tours in Iraq. I see him and talk to him frequently. My niece's husband is an infantryman who just returned from a tour in Afghanistan. I see him as well. A good friend of mine was an Army tank commander who spent 15 months in Iraq. I see him about twice a month.
I go to the Marine Corps Ball every year and honor the Marines.

Sid_Vicious
11-04-2007, 05:24 PM
Bush is repulsive,Bush is repulsive,Bush is repulsive,Bush is repulsive,Bush is repulsive,Bush is repulsive,Bush is repulsive,Bush is repulsive,Bush is repulsive,Bush is repulsive,Bush is repulsive,Bush is repulsive,Bush is repulsive,Bush is repulsive,Bush is repulsive,Bush is repulsive,Bush is repulsive,Bush is repulsive,Bush is repulsive,Bush is repulsive,Bush is repulsive,Bush is repulsive,Bush is repulsive,Bush is repulsive,Bush is repulsive,Bush is repulsive,Bush is repulsive,Bush is repulsive,Bush is repulsive,Bush is repulsive,Bush is repulsive,Bush is repulsive,Bush is repulsive,Bush is repulsive,Bush is repulsive,Bush is repulsive,Bush is repulsive,,,,SID

Btw, Bush is repulsive

hondo
11-04-2007, 09:54 PM
You visit with your nephew &amp; friends who tell you
what you want to hear.
I hear something quite different from WV boys
coming back from Iraq.
And don't call WV boys cowards or you &amp; I will
have a serious discussion in Louisville.

bamadog
11-04-2007, 10:52 PM
Your post is unworthy of comment.

You do not know my family.

DO NOT ASSUME you do!

bamadog
11-04-2007, 11:14 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr>,Bush is repulsive,Bush is repulsive,,,,SID

Btw, Bush is repulsive <hr /></blockquote>

Another thoughtful post from a typically well-informed liberal.

LWW
11-05-2007, 04:36 AM
Would you please vocalize your perverse fantasies about bestiality and pedophilia in a forum made of of those like you.

It is most rude in a public forum.

Get help my friend, get help.

LWW

LWW
11-05-2007, 04:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote bamadog:</font><hr> Gayle, that the military would let a delusional hate-filled propagandist like you anywhere near our returning troops is a crime.
Hopefully someone will clue them in that "the nice grandmother who brings the cookies" is a crack pot. If only someone would point the Commanding Officer to this site. <hr /></blockquote>

That was totally out of line. I can't even imagine
that LWW would approve of that post.
You need to get your emotions under control, partner. /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif <hr /></blockquote>
Actually, I have never seen her use the troops as anything more than a platform to put forth a pack of half truths, overstated innuendo, and outright lies.

Does she do more in the real world? I hope so and have not made this comment before because of that, but since you assumed a position for me I felt that I should clarify what mine actually is.

As to delusional? PERHAPS. Myself, I don't think so. She shows signs of education and for that reason I don't think she really believes her own spiel.

I do, however, think that she realizes that her garbage does play well with the wolfies and moonbats of the world ... and political power is all the brownshirts have ever been interested in.

LWW

hondo
11-05-2007, 05:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bamadog:</font><hr> Your post is unworthy of comment.

You do not know my family.

DO NOT ASSUME you do! <hr /></blockquote>

We've had this conversation before. Honestly,
I try to help you distinguish reality from fantasy but you don't want any help. I give up and will concentrate on helping LWW overcome his homo-erotic fantasies. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

LWW
11-05-2007, 06:00 AM
El Dubb don't swing that way homey ... now SONoma, Wolfie, Drop1BarOfSoap, and a few others have taken a liking to the view of the Sarge's muscular and manly derriere. Perhaps they have room for one more in the club.

I didn't think you were of that persuasion Hondo? Perhaps you should rethink who you believe your friends to be.

LWW

hondo
11-05-2007, 06:00 AM
The point of my post was keeping your doggie in line.
A vicious attack on a woman who HAS NEVER SAID ONE WORD TO EITHER OF YOU makes YOU BOTH LOOK PETTY.
You surely wouldn't want to come across looking petty, would you? /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

LWW
11-05-2007, 06:03 AM
Oh, actually she has ... although she hides behind replying to a third person.

I have given Gayle many chances to debate her positions and she has each time, wisely, refused.

I don't mind if you tell it like it is as long as you tell it like it is.

LWW

wolfdancer
11-05-2007, 07:50 AM
years ago I tended bar in Boston, small neighborhood beer bar...one of our customers didn't seem to have much going for him..couldn't carry on a conversation,etc. Kind of the guy you would figure that would be washing dishes somewhere for a living.
But he came in one day very excited, because he had just been awarded his PhD in math.
You remind me of that guy....you seem to be able to hide your intellect as well as he did.
Gayle doesn't post anything through me....
It's ***** Fantasy Island crap on your part to think she is afraid of you.
Truth is, Ed is both smarter then you, and can be meaner then you think you are....Ed and Gayle been at each others throat here since day one...if she's not afraid to get in the pits with Ed...why TF...should she fear you?...unless maybe, you'll go back east and beat her up?...is that the implied threat? You might not know this....but men who pick on woman, in our society, don't really build up points with other men.
Here's the thing...she has no ***** use for you or your asinine posts...you're just a ***** troll, with an overinflated ego (and God only knows why)...you were probably the kid they picked on in school, and are now using the internet to get even.
Since Gayle doesn't respond to you,doesn't exchange niceties with you, doesn't even **** mention you... wtf do you care what she writes, as long as it's not about you and your twisted, sick mind?
Why don't you find someone else to bully??? Like me??? Threaten me, why don't you?
I just find you an annoying twit; I'm bored with your bragging, and so far haven't found anything intellectually stimulating in your posts, although a few of them have led to a bowel movement for me...for which I thank you.....
Like Gayle, I don't see anything constructive in posting to someone who's only goal is to try to start an argument, and then with the weakest replies on planet earth...run back to AZB and announce victory...
I'm surprised that they haven't caught on yet, how weak that is, and what it says about your own psyche.
But, here's some more ammo for you....I won't be replying much to whatever you write....and as for your friend, I don't even bother reading anything he writes.
So far from your posts, instead of proving that you are the smartest one here on the board, they just reveal that you're almost as dumb as i am....the difference between you and me is....I don't have to respond to your posts, because I don't feel threatened by anything that your write.

Gayle in MD
11-05-2007, 08:52 AM
You are right, friend, our troops, are there for one another, not for Bush, and not for America. They aren't dumb. They've been through it, first hand. They've trained Iraqis, only to have them turn on them and shoot them in the back in the next battle. They've helped Iraqi children, and their civilian parents, only to have them remain silent, about IED's planted right in their paths, and then seen their own fellow troops, slaughtered before their very eyes.

One thing is for sure, when they finally get out of this mess, you can bet your a$$ they won't be voting for any Republicans. When John Boehmer, Republican Minority Leader, commented that nearly four thousand dead, and over thirty thousand wounded, was a small price to pay, American Soldiers were outraged. I've heard their outrage, over and over. That, for them, was the very last straw!
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
11-05-2007, 09:27 AM
Well Martin, I think this is probably the most thorough, and accurate post I've ever read on this forum! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

The voters will speak, a year from now. As the elephants line up, holding one another's tails, in a never ending circle, American Voters, will have chosen to leave this circus by the droves.

Soon, the radical right wing nuts, will see the Bush fog lift, and the Shock and Awe of the trillions of dollars of debt we owe to China, along with China's tremendous economic attack on the U.S. economy, through a devalued yen, and the resulting huge trade deficits our country has absorbed, completely approved by the Bush administration, which has been selling our country out to China throughout their term, will make a Chinese overnighter in the Lincoln bedroom look like tea and cookies.

There is absolutely nothing that can be said about the Clinton Administration, no accusation, and no details, about anything, that doesn't look like Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, compared to these radical, lying, fascist thieves. Incompetence, has been the least of their offenses. Those things which have been proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, and documented in video, with their own lying eyes and words, prove their damage against the United States Of America, to be the most decitful, and devastating attack against the Constitution, our laws, and our reputation, our former globally admired support of human rights, and our international agreements.

We will have to rebuild our nation, and its ideals, from scratch, not to mention our treasury.

But, the good news is that somehow, in the midst of all the Chaos, statistice reveal that 3% of the nutty right wing neoconned nuts, have come to their senses. The polls show that 75% of Americans now think that we are heading in the wrong direction. Maybe by election time, that number will grow to a larger number, say, maybe 77% to 80%?

Gotta feeling we've going to see a clean sweep, and the swamp, actually will be drained, swamp rats and all. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Love,
Gayle

hondo
11-05-2007, 01:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr> El Dubb don't swing that way homey ... now SONoma, Wolfie, Drop1BarOfSoap, and a few others have taken a liking to the view of the Sarge's muscular and manly derriere. Perhaps they have room for one more in the club.

I didn't think you were of that persuasion Hondo? Perhaps you should rethink who you believe your friends to be.

LWW <hr /></blockquote>

Methinks the gentleman doth protest too much. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bobbyrx
11-05-2007, 02:52 PM
Why are the re-enlistment rates so high?

bamadog
11-05-2007, 03:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Bobbyrx:</font><hr> Why are the re-enlistment rates so high?
<hr /></blockquote>

Good question Bobby.
Also, why did the Military vote for GWB by a 4 to 1 margin over Kerry.
Could it be that our troops know who supports them and who doesn't?

Gayle in MD
11-05-2007, 03:16 PM
"I had to keep going back to try to get my men out of there alive."

I'll let a Marine, answer your question.

If you think people are knocking one another over to go and fight in the absurd war of choice, you are quite wrong. Why do we have to pay contractors, to go and fight in Iraq? Why do we have to keep raising the bribe money, to get people to sign up? Why are we seeing the lowest graduates from West Point, and the Naval Academy going on to careers in the military? Why have we seen unprecedented resignation of career experts, in all agencies of Intelligence, and Defense?

If you think that Americans are behind this policy in Iraq, why do 75% of us say that our country is heading in the wrong direction, and almost as many that this war, was a mistake?

Why is it that Republicans can't light a candle to the contributions that Democrats are taking in?

Why is it that we have had more retired generals speaking out against an administration's foreign policies, than ever before, in the history of the United States of America?

Why are operatives in the State Department, protesting being forced to go to Iraqa, I'll tell you, because in spite of the added pay for foreign service, they refuse to be abandoned in a quagmire, that is a "Death Sentence" to use their own words.

Gayle in Md.

hondo
11-05-2007, 04:01 PM
Forget it, Gayle. Bobby won't be able to answer your 1st question, let alone the next 20.
Nice post.

LWW
11-05-2007, 05:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr>Why is it that Republicans can't light a candle to the contributions that Democrats are taking in?

Gayle in Md. <hr /></blockquote>
Because they don't accept money from the Communist Chinese?

LWW

hondo
11-05-2007, 06:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr>Why is it that Republicans can't light a candle to the contributions that Democrats are taking in?

Gayle in Md. <hr /></blockquote>
Because they don't accept money from the Communist Chinese?

LWW <hr /></blockquote>

No, they simply borrow money from the Chinese to finance
their dirty little war. That's much better.
What happens when China wants to collect?
Well, I guess that will be the Democratic President's problem, right?

LWW
11-06-2007, 05:57 AM
Nice attempt at deflection bro.

LWW

hondo
11-06-2007, 07:53 AM
Thanks. You've been an excellent teacher.

Bobbyrx
11-06-2007, 03:43 PM
Yeah, it was a great post, however she failed to ANSWER THE QUESTION. It is a fact that reinlistment rates are high, why do YOU think that is?

Gayle in MD
11-06-2007, 03:48 PM
Not to mention that our weakened position of being trillions in debt to China, is why they laugh at Bush, when he softly and on rare occasions, mentions their cheating us out of billions in trade deficits, by rigging the yen, and gee, ya think, they thought since they own us, they could go right on a head an poison our food, and kill our kids, with led in the toys, and chemicals in our toothpaste, since they could very well shut down the entire American economy, if they wanted to.

Geeze, what could be better than having a chimp in the White House, as Dick used to say, chimp, or chump, the results are the same! /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Gayle in MD
11-06-2007, 04:03 PM
Re-enlistment rates are high? RE-Enlistment rates, for whom. The reposts are that our best and brightest, from both the Ari Force, and the Navy, are not going on to miliatry careers. If you're talking about the latest bribe, by Bush, twenty thousand dollars to sign up, I'd hardly call that a genuine re-enlistment rate.

I suppose you haven't heard about our State Departmen protests, of the people calling a forced foreign service in Baghdad, a death sentence. People are resigning. Military people are resigning, Generals, walking away from another star on their shoulder, in order to speak out against Bush's idiotic polcies. This was the most violent year in IRaq, of all previous years. Where do you get the idea that people are knocking each other over to fight in Iraq? The only time I hear anything said about going back, is from those who can't deal with leaving their fellow troops over there. If you are suggesting that AMericans believe in this war, and are patriotically enlisting, to go and fight in the Iraqi Civil War, you, my friend, are surely twisting reality. they have to hand pick troops to stand behind Bush when he uses them to spread his lies. They have to go in and sweep every area where he goes to speak, so he won't have to see the protesters. He can't even throw out the first baseball, neither can Cheney. Don't you watch the news? Americans are against bush, against the War, and against Republicans. Wake UP!

Gayle in Md.

bamadog
11-06-2007, 04:21 PM
So you have NO FACTS to back up your assertions, as usual.

Drop1
11-06-2007, 07:44 PM
Pray tell,what do you consider a fact?

bamadog
11-06-2007, 07:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Pray tell,what do you consider a fact? <hr /></blockquote>

OK, I'm going to give you one more chance to prove you are not a troll.

1. Re-enlistment rates are near an all time high.

2. GWB received about 4 times the Military vote that Kerry did.

3. Of the hundreds of Foreign Service Officers who have served in Iraq, one declares it a death sentence. So what?

Let's start with those.

LWW
11-06-2007, 08:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Pray tell,what do you consider a fact? <hr /></blockquote>
Something which can be verified qualifies.

Having a mental bowel movement doesn't.

LWW

Drop1
11-06-2007, 08:21 PM
I never used the word "bestiality" or the word pedophilia. Those word are part of a list you posted. Typical LWW distortions of the truth.Again you show yourself to be a pathetic pig. Posted 11/05/07 6:11 am,post number {68.79.182.249} "The neoleftists cannot post without delving into fantasies of homoeroticism,pedophilia,and/or bestiality?" Posted by LWW. This proves,everything I said about you is true,a pathetic very sick person. I invite all members of the forum to read the original post,to understand this man.

Drop1
11-06-2007, 08:30 PM
I doubt you have any other kind of bowel movement. Get help my friend,get help,you have been exposed.

Drop1
11-06-2007, 08:47 PM
web page (http://) http://news.google.com.mx/nwshp?oe=UTF-8&amp;hl=en&amp;tab=wn&amp;q=reenlistment%20rates

Gayle in MD
11-06-2007, 10:24 PM
He has no facts. Here's a fact,

"Another beneficiary of No Child Left Behind? Neil Bush's educational software company. The one funded by the United Arab Emirates. The one Barbara Bush said the Katrina victims had to spend her donation on."

Here is another fact,

2007 was the most violent year since the Iraq invasion.

Here is another fact,

The United States, has been paying the Pakistani Army 100 million dollars a month, since right after 9/11, and during that time, the Taliban, and al Qaeda, have reconstituted themselves, and they continue to launch attacks on Americans in Afghanistan.

George Bush rendered the battle against al Qaeda, in Afghanistan, second, to his invasion in Iraq, against a country that had no WMD's, no connections to al Qaeda, no connection to 9/11, and no possibility of sending MUSHROOM CLOUDS to America. Those were all lies, told by Bush and Cheney, Rice and Rumsfeld, Powell and Wolfowitz, and particularly, FOX NEWS.

fact,

Ronald Reagan, created the Taliban, in the first place.

Valarie Plame was outed by the Bush administration.

We're wasting a hundred million dollars a month, supporting the Pakistani Army. They are in bed with the Taliban, and al Qaeda. George Bush is financing this war from both sides.

Bush is an idiot.

People who believe anything he says, are also idiots.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

LAMas
11-06-2007, 10:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> web page (http://) http://news.google.com.mx/nwshp?oe=UTF-8&amp;hl=en&amp;tab=wn&amp;q=reenlistment%20rates <hr /></blockquote>
Good post. Look what I found there. What's your point?

http://www.ngb.army.mil/news/archives/2007/10/101207-recruiting.aspx

Recruiting and retention numbers exceed goal
By Tech. Sgt. Mike R. Smith
National Guard Bureau

ARLINGTON, Va. (10/12/2007) - During Fiscal Year 2007, the Army National Guard exceeded its congressional end strength goal for the first time in more than three years, and the Air National Guard just missed its annual goal by 746 Airmen.

The Department of Defense announced these achievements at a press conference at the Pentagon Oct. 10 when it released the recruiting and retention statistics for the National Guard as well as for the nation's active and reserve components.

The Army Guard reported its 2007 fiscal year end strength at 352,707, which surpasses its congressional end strength goal of 350,000, a bar it had not surpassed since May 2004.

The Army Guard grew in its last two fiscal year end strengths by 19,530 Soldiers.

"It's the largest growth in the Department of Defense since the draft era," said Lt. Col. Gregg Bliss, recruiting and sustainment branch chief for the Army Guard. "It's been a tremendous year, not in just recruiting, but in retaining Soldiers and reducing our losses to go almost 3,000 over our end strength."

The Air Guard nearly reached its end strength goal of 107,000 Airmen with a reported strength of 106,254 or 99.3 percent of its goal. It also came close to its retention goal of 9,915 by retaining 9,639 Airmen, or 97.2 percent. The Air Guard reached 93.3 percent of its recruiting goal.

"The Army Guard, I think, is a particularly important success story," said the Under Secretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness, David S.C. Chu, who called attention to the Army Guard's achievements in recruiting high school diploma graduates.

Nearly 92 percent of the Army Guard's non-prior service recruits have high school diplomas. Bliss said that number surpassed the DoD's goal.

Bliss said that as well as recruiting quality Soldiers, the states adjutants general and Army Guard leaders kept good Soldiers in the Guard. The Army Guard's retention numbers for the fiscal year show it also surpassed its goal by retaining 140 more Soldiers above a targeted 37,578.

"When Soldiers reenlist at a rate 100 percent above the fiscal year [goals], we think it's a good indication that involved parties are doing a good job taking care of Soldiers and their families," said Bliss. "We owe a great deal of gratitude to our unit leaders, because when it comes to reducing losses, it is largely a command climate and leadership function."

Another contributing factor, said Bliss, was the Army Guard's unique team of recruiting and retention NCOs who have a mission to recruit new Guard members, retain existing Guard members and reduce attrition.

"Consider it a three component mission: recruit, retain, and manage losses," said Bliss, "but the ultimate goal is to meet or exceed our end strength and ensure whatever capabilities might be needed when called upon."

During FY07, the Army Guard also reinforced some of its successful recruiting and retention programs, including the Guard's Recruiting Assistant Program (GRAP), which provides bonuses to recruiting assistants when referred Soldiers enlisted and finish basic military training, and the Freedom Salute campaign, which recognizes Soldiers, families and supporters with a special ceremony and awards including certificates, coins and encased flags honoring their service in Operations Noble Eagle and Iraqi Freedom.

"Really, employing some of the fundamentals of recruiting allows us to be successful," Bliss said.

The Guard initiated its "Active First" program this October, which teams the Army Guard with the active duty Army. Recruits, who choose this program, go on active duty for a period of 30, 36 or 48 months and are eligible for a $20,000 bonus when they return to the Guard. They could receive up to $60,000 between initial and returning bonuses.

"We think it's a good not only to help the Army man their force, but it allows us to bring good Soldiers back into the Guard with good experience," said Bliss.
As part of the Air Guard's fiscal year "107K" campaign, it expanded eligibility for enlistment, re-enlistment, prior-service and officer affiliation bonuses and expanded its GRAP eligibility to retired personnel.

The Air Guard also launched a 24/7 "live" operator call center where prospective applicants are provided information are connected to a recruiter at their interested locations.

Gayle in MD
11-06-2007, 10:30 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/20/opinion/20bardenwerper.html?_r=1&amp;em&amp;ex=1193025600&amp;en=5f435 706fd2c35e0&amp;ei=5087%0A&amp;oref=slogin

Wake up!

bamadog
11-06-2007, 10:44 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/20/opinion/20bardenwerper.html?

_r=1&amp;em&amp;ex=1193025600&amp;en=5f435706fd2c35e0&amp;ei=5087% 0A&amp;oref=slogin (http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/20/opinion/20bardenwerper.html?_r=1&amp;em&amp;ex=1193025600&amp;en=5f435 706fd2c35e0&amp;ei=5087%0A&amp;oref=slogin)

Wake up! <hr /></blockquote>

Sorry Gayle, you don't seem to recognize the difference between opinion pieces and hard facts.
Your link is to an op-ed piece.

Gayle in MD
11-06-2007, 11:07 PM
Recruits, who choose this program, go on active duty for a period of 30, 36 or 48 months and are eligible for a $20,000 bonus when they return to the Guard. They could receive up to $60,000 between initial and returning bonuses.

Like I said, if Americans believed in this war, we wouldn' have to bribe our people to go over there to fight it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

bamadog
11-06-2007, 11:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Recruits, who choose this program, go on active duty for a period of 30, 36 or 48 months and are eligible for a $20,000 bonus when they return to the Guard. They could receive up to $60,000 between initial and returning bonuses.

Like I said, if Americans believed in this war, we wouldn' have to bribe our people to go over there to fight it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I thought you cared about the troops?
Now you are mad that we are paying them too much!
Sorry Gayle, they are making sacrifices and deserve to be rewarded.

LWW
11-07-2007, 04:16 AM
To the neoleftists the troops are nothing more than props on a stage.

Quite despicable that people would try to make political hay off of the enormous human sacrifice that has been given to protect their right to practice sedition.

LWW

Bobbyrx
11-07-2007, 10:44 AM
Let me try another way. Why do you think reenlistment rates and enlistment rates are not way way down?

Gayle in MD
11-07-2007, 11:09 AM
They would be if the administration wasn't bribing people to go over there. they can't even get career diplomats from the state department to go over there. why do you think that is? There is a threat right now in the State Department, of massive resignations. A littel bit a progress, and a very small area of Iraq, isn't proof that there will be any on-going turn around in the violence. the Middle East has become more volital, not more peaceful, and this was the most violent year of the entire occupatoin.

The Bush administration has made their cronies extremely rich, with this war. That's the story Americans should be investigating, and that's the story that explains all the lise.

Read The Rise Of The Vulcans, it's all in there, and The Book Of Bush, The Greatest Story Ever Sold, Fiasco, State Of Denial, The Looming Tower, Tripple Cross, Hubris, The United States VS George W. Bush, On The Brink, Jawbreaker, Broken Branch, Fair Game, Worse Than Watergate, Perfectly Legal, Jihad VS McWorld, Without Conscience, Against All Emenies, read that one first, have you read ANY of these books?

Gayle in Md.

bamadog
11-07-2007, 11:56 AM
And what exactly does "The looming Tower" say about re-enlistment rates?
I have it right here on my shelf and we both know YOU haven't read it.

The fact remains that our troops are reenlisting at near record numbers.
Since you continue to claim that their morale is broken and they no longer believe in the mission, why are they reenlisting?

LWW
11-07-2007, 12:06 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bamadog:</font><hr> And what exactly does "The looming Tower" say about re-enlistment rates?
I have it right here on my shelf and we both know YOU haven't read it.

The fact remains that our troops are reenlisting at near record numbers.
Since you continue to claim that their morale is broken and they no longer believe in the mission, why are they reenlisting? <hr /></blockquote>
Because George Bush threatens to grind their grandmother up and sell her as fishbait if they don't?

Because only like minded fascists are in the military?

Because Cheney had brain control implants put in them predeployment?

Because Karl Rove tricked them into signing blank papers?

Because they fear a return to the USA after Bush has made it a wasteland?

Come on Gaylie ... I just gave you several answers that are right up your alley.

LWW

Bobbyrx
11-07-2007, 04:37 PM
What about Kitty Kelly's "The Family"? I have read Hubris but none of the others. I could give you a list of Clinton bashing books that you probably have not read but I haven't read them either. I don't like partisan political books especially ones that use "un-named sources" which both sides seem to love. Hubris was very interesting but uses a lot of these sources also. The main reason I don't buy it happened Tuesday. Dennis Kucinich formally introduced articles of impeachment against Cheney that narrowly missed receiving a full House vote. "Kucinich’s 18-page resolution charged that Cheney had purposefully manipulated intelligence in the run-up to the war in Iraq and had fabricated a threat of weapons of mass destruction.
The resolution alleged that Cheney told many lies in televised interviews on nationally-broadcast news shows and in general speeches to the public.
<font color="red"> Democratic </font color> leadership killed Kucinich's resolution by voting to send it back to the Judiciary committee which it originated from by a vote of 218-194. <font color="red"> 165 Republicans voted to proceed with the resolution in hopes of embarrassing Democratic Party"</font color>

If the charges had any merit, why would 165 Republicans vote to proceed, except to show that it was a witch hunt?

nAz
11-07-2007, 05:00 PM
Gayle looks like the re-enlistment rates are up... but i think that has more to do with the feelings solders get when they leave behind their buddies. i could be wrong but i know how i...

Also it has a lot more to do with the stop gap measures that were put in place in order to keep retention high... soldiers are required to remain in the Army after their contracts have expired if their units are deployed or ordered to deploy soon... so most of them figure they might as well cash in and they end up re-enlisting for the bonus.

Drop1
11-07-2007, 07:04 PM
nAz,you have it all wrong,our boys love what they are doing,the problem is 25% of all homeless are vets. [source]AP,dated today. Be all you can be,by staying where you are.

Qtec
11-07-2007, 09:35 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr> To the neoleftists the troops are nothing more than props on a stage.

Quite despicable that people would try to make political hay off of the enormous human sacrifice that has been given to protect their right to practice sedition.

LWW <hr /></blockquote>

Its you that doesn't 'get it'. The troops ARE "nothing more than props on a stage." Iraq was NEVER a threat to the US.

If America had not invaded Iraq- a country that had never attacked the US- what rights would you now have lost?

Sorry, what was that you said?........... "eh....none"!!!

Now do you see that WW11 and this ME crusade by Bush have NOTHING in common?

You have 20 guns in your house and you still don't feel safe.
Your country has the biggest arsenal of WMDs, enough to destroy the world 10 times over[ overkill?]and you still fear a country getting a Nuclear weapon.
America spends more on defense than most perceived enemies combined [ and most of its allies] and you still don't feel safe!

Lets face it, you will NEVER feel safe, no matter what.

You complain about the Nanny State but you constantly cry for the Pres to save you- at any cost.
You are even willing to give up rights that your ancestors fought and died for at the drop of a hat...and you call yourself an American?

Q

eg8r
11-08-2007, 09:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Its you that doesn't 'get it'. The troops ARE "nothing more than props on a stage." Iraq was NEVER a threat to the US.

If America had not invaded Iraq- a country that had never attacked the US- what rights would you now have lost?

Sorry, what was that you said?........... "eh....none"!!!

Now do you see that WW11 and this ME crusade by Bush have NOTHING in common? <hr /></blockquote> These comparisons to the other wars just don't make sense. Each sides tries to cherry pick points from each to compare, but then they don't like when the other side cherries picks their points.

Actually the two do align as far as who we decided to fight against. Let me see if I can water this down for you and the rest of the lefties. Text in <font color="blue"> blue </font color> represents WWII, text in <font color="red"> red </font color> represents WOT ... <font color="blue">Japan</font color> <font color="red">(taliban)</font color> attacked the US. US attacks <font color="blue">Japan</font color> <font color="red">(Taliban - residing in Afghanistan)</font color>. Before completing the job, US also begins attacks on <font color="blue">Germany </font color><font color="red">(Iraq)</font color>. Sure that is simplified but that is the correlation that is constantly being made. We did not finish off Japan before moving forces to fight against Germany, just like we did not complete Afghanistan and moved towards Iraq. This is quite easy to understand.

Now since the left and right like to compare these two wars, why not compare body counts. The left likes to tell us that this year was the bloodiest since the beginning the WOT. Well how does that compare to the bloodiest of WWII? Let's put some perspective on these things.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
11-08-2007, 09:57 AM
If you think that people like Gary Brensen, a former Special Forces Marine, and Richard Clarke, our former counter terroriist Czar, and Tyler Drumheller, former European Chief of Clandestine Operations, are partisan un-named sources, You have a BIG problem, my friend. There all served under both parties, and are eye witness authors, who were there in the flesh.

Do some reading. All your tit for tat, why this, why that, wouldn't be going on right now, if you had studied the written material from those who were serving throughout this Greatest Story EVer Sold, by the bush administration, and further, the reporters who have written the other books I mentioned, are prize winning reporters, whose interpretations of what happened, coincide with the books written by all the non partisan operatives, many of whom resigne in protest.

Hey, They lied. That's a fact. Then, they kept lying, and they are lying to this day. I can watch Bush's press conferences, and count the damn lies while he's yapping. Same thing with condosleeeeze Rice, Laura Bush, Dick Cheney, and every single person that this administration appoints. Bottom line, if you won't lie along with them, your out. That's how twelve outstanding attorney's general, got axed.

You really need to do some reading. The documentation is all there. Watch the investigations, live, and you'll see it all for yourself. Too bad you weren't there like I was, to see how the Republicans treated the 9/11 families, like they were the enemy, for daring to find the answers why our government didn't do ANYTHING, with Bush in the lead, after four months of warnings. They were there for all of us. Trying to make sure that we understood everything we needed to know, so that it wouldn't happen again. Why do YOU think they were treated like traitors? Why do YOU think Bush tried to stop the investigation? Why do YOU think Baker ruled out any questions that sought to investigate the lead up to the attack and the administrations refusal to heed the warnings? I was there, and saw it with my own two eyes. I'd like some answers to MY questions, from you righties, once and a blue moon!

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Qtec
11-08-2007, 10:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
These comparisons to the other wars just don't make sense. Each sides tries to cherry pick points from each to compare, but then they don't like when the other side cherries picks their points.

Actually the two do align as far as who we decided to fight against. Let me see if I can water this down for you and the rest of the lefties. Text in blue represents WWII, text in red represents WOT ... Japan (taliban) attacked the US. US attacks Japan (Taliban - residing in Afghanistan). <hr /></blockquote>

As usual, you are totally wrong. The Taliban didn't carry out the 9/11 attack, the terrorist org that calls themselves Al Q did. Osama was inside Af but he had nothing to do with the Govt. If you do some reading you will find that the Taliban found Osama to be a thorn in their side and a possible threat to them.

The Taliban had fought for years to take over Af . Do you really think they would throw that all away just to take a pot-shot at the US?

Imagine Osama trying to get support for an attack on the US homeland from the Taliban.

OBL. 'This is the plan. We get 20 guys to go to the US. We get the Americans to train them how to fly commercial aircraft, then we hijack 4 planes and crash them into specific targets and kill a lot of infadels.'

Taliban leader. 'You must be out of your friggin mind! You call that a plan?!!!!!!!!
What if the US finds out what you are doing?
What if your,e guys get caught?
What will be their reaction?'

When the US entered the war, millions were already dead and at least 10 countries had been overrun and were Being occupied by the Nazi's. Concentration camps were being set up and Jews were second class citizens, if not sub-human.
London had survived the Blitz- constant bombing on civilian targets night after night and the Battle of Briain.

Al Q were a small bunch of terrorists living in caves who got incredibly lucky in pulling off the 9/11 attacks- if we are to believe the official story.
[ QUOTE ]

Before completing the job, US also begins attacks on Germany (Iraq). Sure that is simplified but that is the correlation that is constantly being made. We did not finish off Japan before moving forces to fight against Germany, just like we did not complete Afghanistan and moved towards Iraq. This is quite easy to understand.<hr /></blockquote>

Rubbish. The war on Germany was the war. Once they were gone, the Japs were done for. Its called good strategy.
The decision to move onto Iraq before killing off the Al Q in Af [ ie dening them a base] was a blunder in strategic terms. The move to Iraq had NOTHING to do with the WOT. That much is obvious.
[ QUOTE ]

Now since the left and right like to compare these two wars, why not compare body counts. The left likes to tell us that this year was the bloodiest since the beginning the WOT. Well how does that compare to the bloodiest of WWII? Let's put some perspective on these things.

eg8r
<hr /></blockquote>

Its the Right that constantly compares the two wars and cherry picks instances to support their wild theories. In WW11 American ans Europe were fighting for their very freedom. You can't say that about Iraq or Af.

In WW11, the body count included civilians, GW chooses to ignore these deaths. He also ignores the 2 million refugees that have fled from there homes due to the invasion. He also ignores the casualties that work for private Coms that operate in Iraq. Not only security but truck drives etc. They don't get counted either.....and one in four Vets are homelesss!

Support the troops.
Q

Gayle in MD
11-08-2007, 11:33 AM
Q,
Maybe you could just send me an e-mail on the days when you're posting, so I don't waste my time on here. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You do such a superior job, compared to me, anyway. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I'm sure you probably read about the Pew Institute's study, performed in the most accurate way for determining civilian casualities, which stated, (and this was many months ago) that there had been over 600,000 Iraqi civilians killed since the United States invaded the country under false pretenses.

Then there's Patraeus's reports, which later we learned, much of the counting was determined by such methods as whether a person was shot in the front of the head, or the back of the head. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Q, tell me, what is the real reason why some Americans don't want to consider all the lies, and the damage, to us, and to the Middle East, and prefer to justify, and/or deny, the facts of this fiasco, and all the ways which Bush and company, are still lying to the country? I'm not being a smart ass here, I truly cannot understand it.

Thanks, Q, for all your posts.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
11-08-2007, 11:51 AM
Naz, you are exactly right. All I have to do is just read this BS from these AZAH's, to know they are NOT talking to our troops.

The best way to support our troops, is to demonstrate agsint this war, against George Bush, and against this amdinistration. Beyond that, do everything you can do to volunteer time and money to our vets, and soldiers. We will have so many horribly maimed veterans from this fiasco, who will need our help, all Americans must contribute, but, stopping this madness, will save a lot of lives, and brains and limbs.

A horrible mistake, and a horrible president. The worst ever. I am thankful that I don't have to live with having voted for this SOB!

Gayle in Md.

bamadog
11-08-2007, 12:01 PM
And yet, our troops keep re-enlisting to fight in a war they don't believe in.

http://hqinet001.hqmc.usmc.mil/p&amp;r/concepts/2007/PDF/Chapter%202/Part%203/C&amp;P2007Chap2pt3Enabling%20Capabilities%20Pg94-95%20Marine%20Corps%20Retention.pdf

Sorry Gayle, you don't support our troops by denigrating their service and commitment.
The troops continue to say, "If you don't support our mission, you don't support us".

This from Marine Lt. General James Mattis:

"let me give you the story of one battalion because it kind of encapsulates what we are seeing with our most deployed units and units that frequently take, that always take the most casualties, the infantry battalions. I kind of use them as a canary in the mineshaft for this topic.

Second battalion, 5th Marines invited me up to speak at a birthday ball here, last November 10, in Las Vegas. Young battalion, infantry battalion, these are the young guys who go toe to toe, they go out hunting for the enemy. They don't sit inside Forward Operating Bases, they don't guard things, they're out on the roads.

They are going to Ramadi, the key terrain in Al-Anbar. Fallujah has always gotten a lot of press, and rightfully so, it's the scene of some rather murderous fighting, but al-Anbar's key terrain is the provincial capital of Ramadi. This battalion has been there before.

Their young men have re-enlisted at nearly double the rate that they were expected to. In other words, each unit has a certain number to give the commander an idea of what we need them to re-enlist at, and I think they doubled it, or very close to doubled it.

But more importantly, 170-odd Marines decided to extend their enlistment to return to Ramadi with their battalion. They aren't going to make the Marine Corps a career, they're going to get out and go to school and go on with their lives, but you can't buy that level of commitment, and this is not being done by a bunch of novices."

Do you understand what he is saying Gayle?
These young Marines are so commited to their mission, they are choosing re-enlist and extend their time in Iraq.
Does that sound like their morale is broken?

eg8r
11-08-2007, 06:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As usual, you are totally wrong. The Taliban didn't carry out the 9/11 attack, the terrorist org that calls themselves Al Q did. <hr /></blockquote> LOL, you are right. We went and just bombed willy nilly. Al Qaeda was hiding there taking refuge with the Taliban, even bin laden was there hiding but you don't like the facts. As usual you reinforce the nickname qtip.

[ QUOTE ]
Osama was inside Af but he had nothing to do with the Govt. <hr /></blockquote> So you only believe this when you want to try and contradict me? All your other posts have him in close with that government and we are a horrible country for having an alliance with them.

You don't know what you are talking about yet I see you like to see yourself talk (type). Give it up, we already have someone here that likes to type of book, do you need to mimic everyone from the the left?

eg8r

LWW
11-09-2007, 04:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr>You have 20 guns in your house and you still don't feel safe.
Your country has the biggest arsenal of WMDs, enough to destroy the world 10 times over[ overkill?]and you still fear a country getting a Nuclear weapon.
America spends more on defense than most perceived enemies combined [ and most of its allies] and you still don't feel safe!

Lets face it, you will NEVER feel safe, no matter what.

You complain about the Nanny State but you constantly cry for the Pres to save you- at any cost.
You are even willing to give up rights that your ancestors fought and died for at the drop of a hat...and you call yourself an American?

Q <hr /></blockquote>
Been watching your Michael Moorecheeseburgers videos again eh?

Did you plagiarize the text via cut and paste or watch it 20 times so you could type it all in? Maybe watch it 1,000 times until you have it memorized?

The sad thing is it's still a piece of fiction and you still prefer it to truth.

Nothing new here, nothing to see, please mpve along!

LWW

LWW
11-09-2007, 04:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr>OBL. 'This is the plan. We get 20 guys to go to the US. We get the Americans to train them how to fly commercial aircraft, then we hijack 4 planes and crash them into specific targets and kill a lot of infadels.'

Taliban leader. 'You must be out of your friggin mind! You call that a plan?!!!!!!!!
What if the US finds out what you are doing?
What if your,e guys get caught?
What will be their reaction?'

Q <hr /></blockquote>
Here's your error.

After 8 yrs of the Clintonista they watched:

-WTC bombing #1.

-The African embassy bombings.

-Khobar towers.

-The USS Cole.

-An attempt on Clinton's life.

-An attempt on GHWB's life.

-Blackhawk down.

and the USA did nothing, well they had every reason to believe that we would do nothing once again.

You may now resume your regularly scheduled revision of world history.

LWW

LWW
11-09-2007, 04:31 AM
Ask him to explain building 7 at the WTC to you.

According to qtip the building exploded debris outward from the controlled implosion which caused it to collapse straight down from the bottom up as it fell inwards upon itself from the center from silent explosions which blew all the evidence outwards.

LWW