PDA

View Full Version : Diplomat Says Iraq Assignment A Death Sentence

Gayle in MD
11-02-2007, 10:46 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2007/11/01/damage-control-rice-trie_n_70779.html

<font color="blue">These people are largely comprised of Career Diplomats, and operatives at the State Department, who originally told Bush he was nuts for invading Iraq!

Now Rice, who helped Bush spread the lies, is going to force them to go to Iraq, because no one else is stupid enough to volunteer! The video is available at the above link.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif </font color>

wolfdancer
11-02-2007, 12:23 PM
WTF does he think the rotation policy is, for the American soldier? It's like playing Russian roulette...and the worst part of it must be reading GWB's progress reports.
"Parsons (Snow) was Winston's (Bush's) fellow employee (appointment) at the Ministry of Truth. He was a fattish but active man of paralyzing stupidity, a mass of imbecile enthusiasms—one of those completely unquestioning, devoted drudges on whom, more even than on the thought police, the stability of the Party depended." (1984)
"And if all others accepted the lie which the Party imposed—if all records told the same tale—then the lie passed into history and became truth. 'Who controls the past' ran the Party slogan, 'controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.'"....(2007 ?)

"Wars never hurt anybody except the people who die." Salvador Dali

Gayle in MD
11-02-2007, 06:01 PM
So much for all the little fantasy stories about how much better things are in Iraq, since the surge. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I think these people have a pretty good, pre-press handle on exactly what's going on over there, and after all, we've had to bribe and beg to get boots on the ground, all along.

"No End In Sight" will be available on CD in November. I suppose that will open some others, other then the nutty 28%, that is, with eyes wide shut.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Alfie
11-03-2007, 12:17 PM
Iraq is a big mess. It breaks my heart. That said, that embarrassment of a US diplomat needs to find a job in the private sector.

Gayle in MD
11-03-2007, 12:31 PM
Are you speaking of yourself, Alfie?

Gayle in Md.