PDA

View Full Version : Sorry to have to ask, but

wolfdancer
11-02-2007, 02:16 PM
have there been any new progress reports issued on the triumphal march through the "intellectual wasteland"?

wolfdancer
11-02-2007, 02:37 PM
I checked for myself...over on AZB
and the news is grim for the liberals
In reference to a post about the Sonoma/LWW debate:

This what "left me speechless"?
"Hondo, your boy backed off as soon as the offer to wager money against his foolish brag came up...and he hasn't been heard from since.
I doubt if he has a set to follow through if you backed him.
In any event...after your first hero was a no show...where's youR SON-oma NOW? NYAH-AH-AHHHHH!"
AND......
"after the guy has made an arse of himself multiple times in the same thread...mainly by making a gay rape joke and then accusing me being a homophobe for pointing out his prediliction for homoerotic fantasies and mixing in some gay bashing to hide his latent tendencies.
In any event, if the guy wants to belly up to the bar for the weekly "El Dubb's IQ Challenge to Those who Pick the Fight by Calling People Stupid but NEVER Have the Stones to Back It Up" event."
xxxxxxxxxxx
WOW, "Snidely" has really thrown down the gauntlet here....

An here I thoughts LWW was being beaten like a baby seal, like a red-headed stepchild, like a dirty rug, like a crack baby in foster care, like a rented mule, like a Michael Vick dog....like a...

LWW
11-02-2007, 03:29 PM
And let's not forget ... you wisely declined the challenge.

LWW

wolfdancer
11-02-2007, 04:29 PM
I bowed in awe to your superior intellect. Now twenty years ago, and a couple of million more pre-alcohol fried brain cells, I might have accepted your challenge. I'd always finished #1 in any class I attended, including my last school...A two year crash course to obtain a Merchant Marine engineering license (3rd class). I might have finished the test, been on my third gin & tonic, while you were still deciding whether to use a #2 or a #3 pencil...( duh..which one is easier to erase?)
But I'm easily impressed by anyone with an advanced degree, like say Dr. Dave who posts here, or even the many engineers that we have on board. So, my intelligentsia, illuminati "friend" proving that you are smarter then I am, would prove just that, and that and about $5 would buy you a happy meal at Mickey D's.....if you'd care to challenge say, the good Doctor...then I would be impressed.
I think you got yourself a real insecurity problem on this intelligence thing....really smart people don't need to prove to anyone how smart they are, or in your case, iz.
So unless you can show us your PhD from MTI, Stanford, or your MBA from Harvard, you can forget about impressing anyone with your silly schoolboy IQ challenge.

It all resembles the old "Charlie the Tuna" commercials.....
Remember........"your mind was a terrible thing to waste"

hondo
11-03-2007, 08:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr>

An here I thoughts LWW was being beaten like a baby seal, like a red-headed stepchild, like a dirty rug, like a crack baby in foster care, like a rented mule, like a Michael Vick dog....like a...

<hr /></blockquote>

Nope, we were wrong. It just "appeared" to us that he was losing. Actually, it was another glorious triumph for LWW.
And all his buddies are over there agreeing with him. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SKennedy
11-04-2007, 07:25 PM
After all the booze and pot I had in my younger days, it's a wonder I can still walk and talk. But, it is hard for me.

Drop1
11-04-2007, 08:08 PM
You are being challenged,there for,you have the location,and choice of weapons. Might I suggest you accept,with the stipulation the contest be performed in any language except English. Allow them to name the language,and accept with a written notice in the language they name. The subject could be the formalized rules of English,in the 17th century "Wan tha Abrle wi his sortes sorte".

hondo
11-04-2007, 10:07 PM
I could even do it in Old Middle English.
Whan that Aprille with his shoures soote.
The droghte of March hath perced the roote.
And bathed every veyne in swich licour
Of which vertu engendred is the flour.

Drop1
11-04-2007, 11:00 PM
Its been a while,since I read Chaucer-nice job.

wolfdancer
11-04-2007, 11:16 PM
I pray for your soul:
Our Fadir that art in heuenes
Halewid be thi name
Thi Kingdom comme to
Bi Thi wille done as in heuen
so in erthe
Gyve to us this dai oure breed
ouer other substance
And forgyve to us oure dettis
As we forgyven to oure
dettouris
And leede us not in to
temptacioun
But delyvere us fro yvel

I think Shakespeare (or Bacon?) must have written in middle English....I never did understand a word of what I read
have no idea either what I just wrote...but thanks to Google
(easily worth the $711 a share)

LWW
11-05-2007, 04:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> if you'd care to challenge say, the good Doctor...then I would be impressed.<hr /></blockquote>
The Doctor has never insulted my intelligence in public by claiming he was smarter than I so why would I pick an issue with the good Dr. Besides, he may be a 220 IQ for all I know which would leave me either losing money and paying like a man ... or running for cover under the couch like a wolfie.

LWW

LWW
11-05-2007, 04:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr>I think you got yourself a real insecurity problem on this intelligence thing....really smart people don't need to prove to anyone how smart they are, or in your case, iz. <hr /></blockquote>
In general I would agree with that statement ... however we all know that the behavior you described is exactly what you did in public forum.

As is typical, you start an issue and then once you have been made a fool of, which is so simple as to be done in my sleep while I dream of much more complex things at the same time, you immediately try to reflect your own cowardice and ignorance onto another.

How's that been working out for you?

LWW

LWW
11-05-2007, 04:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> So unless you can show us your PhD from MTI, Stanford, or your MBA from Harvard, you can forget about impressing anyone with your silly schoolboy IQ challenge. <hr /></blockquote>
I never sought to impress anyone.

What I sought was to expose you.

I have succeeded.

LWW

LWW
11-05-2007, 04:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> It all resembles the old "Charlie the Tuna" commercials.....
Remember........"your mind was a terrible thing to waste" <hr /></blockquote>
That was the ad for the United Negro College Fund.

Are you just some redneck cracker bigot who thinks a black man can't be smarter than a fish or something.

Once again, just when I believe you can go no lower you surprise me.

LWW

LWW
11-05-2007, 05:00 AM
Actually it was IB Wolfie that laid the challenge so I get choice of location and weaponry ... which I generously laid out so as to give nobody an unfair edge.

Hondo, you are already in the loser's bracket by forfeit as well ... but you know that.

LWW

hondo
11-05-2007, 06:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> I pray for your soul:
Our Fadir that art in heuenes
Halewid be thi name
Thi Kingdom comme to
Bi Thi wille done as in heuen
so in erthe
Gyve to us this dai oure breed
ouer other substance
And forgyve to us oure dettis
As we forgyven to oure
dettouris
And leede us not in to
temptacioun
But delyvere us fro yvel

I think Shakespeare (or Bacon?) must have written in middle English....I never did understand a word of what I read
have no idea either what I just wrote...but thanks to Google
(easily worth the $711 a share) <hr /></blockquote>

That's The Lord's Prayer in Old Middle English.
You should see it in Old English. Barely recognisable.
Looks like Welsh or Gaelic.

hondo
11-05-2007, 06:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Its been a while,since I read Chaucer-nice job. <hr /></blockquote>

I used to make my students memorize the 1st 18 lines in
OME. 25 years ago all of them could do it.
The last 10 years, only a few could do it.
Bad teachers, I guess. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

hondo
11-05-2007, 06:22 AM
I offered you a challenge and listed several possible topics.
Just because you are a so-called history buff doesn't mean you look at history with an open mind.
It comes across as childish challenging everybody you disagree with to an I.Q. challenge.
I'm not saying you're smart , but some of the smartest people I ever met didn't have any sense.

wolfdancer
11-05-2007, 07:04 AM
Hondo, I did know it was the Lord's prayer, and the old English version was along side it...

LWW
11-05-2007, 10:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr>Just because you are a so-called history buff doesn't mean you look at history with an open mind.
It comes across as childish challenging everybody you disagree with to an I.Q. challenge.<hr /></blockquote>
Yet you conveniently miss that I have never made the challenge.

I have only offered those claiming a superior intellect the chance to prove it or shut up.

You, are in the minority as you made the comment once then wouldn't back it up yet still won't shut up.

LWW

Gayle in MD
11-06-2007, 03:40 PM
History Buff!??? BWA HA HA HA, you just made my day Hondo! Yeah, right, we found WMD's in Iraq, The White House didn't out a covert CIA agent, and the proof is that no one was convicted of the crime, ah, except for the guy who obstructed justice, BWA HA HA HA,

History buff! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif too funny! These two ******** aren't even current events, buffs, bwa ha ha ha...

Never match wits with an unarmed opponent!

AH HA HA HA, history buff, /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lets just say that was definitely one of your funniest posts, friend.

Love,
Gayle... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

bamadog
11-06-2007, 03:58 PM
And yet you are terrified to debate anyone. Much less these two "unarmed" opponents.
No one was even charged with outing Plame because no "outing" occurred.

What was Sandy Burglar doing in the National Archives?

If the Clinton Administration is so proud of its record against Al Qaeda, why was Clinton's National Security Advisor stuffing documents that dealt with Bin Laden in his pants and later destroying them?