PDA

View Full Version : New Member

jlw
11-03-2007, 03:43 PM
Greetings all! I've been hearing a lot about this forum lately over on the AZ Billiards site, and I thought I would check it out.

I'm looking forward to "meeting" the members here and exchanging ideas.

wolfdancer
11-03-2007, 07:24 PM
Welcome aboard!...it used to be moderately controversial here, but that has been upgraded to all out warfare...so first thing you'll have to do is don protective gear.....
BUT....I've been waiting for my relief to show up,
so please, grab the oars,
thanks, Charon

eg8r
11-03-2007, 07:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm looking forward to "meeting" the members here and exchanging ideas. <hr /></blockquote> Welcome to the board! If you come here with the same attitude as lww and bama(puppy)dog then just turn around and go back to AZB. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Drop1
11-03-2007, 07:55 PM
Yeah,you were on the AZ Billiards board,and I was on Mars. Can you give a date for your last post over there?

jlw
11-04-2007, 12:57 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Yeah,you were on the AZ Billiards board,and I was on Mars. Can you give a date for your last post over there? <hr /></blockquote>
I have been a member of AZB since September of 2004, and I have 1278 posts there. My last post there was on 11/03/07. How was Mars?

jlw
11-04-2007, 01:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr>Welcome to the board! If you come here with the same attitude as lww and bama(puppy)dog then just turn around and go back to AZB. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>
Thanks for the welcome, I think. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

jlw
11-04-2007, 01:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Welcome aboard!...it used to be moderately controversial here, but that has been upgraded to all out warfare...so first thing you'll have to do is don protective gear.....
BUT....I've been waiting for my relief to show up,
so please, grab the oars,
thanks, Charon <hr /></blockquote>
Thanks.

wolfdancer
11-04-2007, 01:25 PM
Seriously ...welcome aboard!!!!
People here have been turned off by the two guys that came over from AZB just to start trouble. I took the liberty of reading a few of your posts from over there
and there's no comparison between what you write, and what they spew.
There's always been controversy and disagreements here...it's expected anywhere politics/religion/and the NY Yankees are brought up for discussion...but these two have moved away from the issues, and made it all personal...
Once people here realize you're not with them....you'll get a better reception then I got, posting over there

Drop1
11-04-2007, 03:06 PM
I was only kidding about Mars. Do you play pool?

jlw
11-04-2007, 05:40 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> I was only kidding about Mars. Do you play pool? <hr /></blockquote>
Of course. I play 8 ball, 9 ball, and a little 14.1. I'm also lucky enough to have several Snooker tables in town, so I play a little Snooker when I have the opportunity. I would like to try to learn One Pocket, Bank, and Rotation too if I get the chance.

SKennedy
11-04-2007, 07:15 PM
Welcome jlw.
I'm fairly new also. I just jumped on board without so much as a howdy, not out of disrespect for the group, but more out of ignorance as I've really never participated this much in a forum before. Don't know why this particular one has caught so much of my attention, but it has. At times, I threaten to only stay on the technical side of the forum, but can't resist coming over to this side also. There is a lot of fervor over here, which can be bad or good, dependent upon your point of view. But I haven't found much apathy as yet. When the debates really get heated and semi-ugly I like to interject some useless thought that doesn't add anything other to provide some self-serving levity. Despite disagreements, I suspect I would enjoy playing pool with any of the folks on here...including even the lefties. And I suspect I could beat very few of them.

wolfdancer
11-04-2007, 08:00 PM
It's a sad state of affairs when a man with a fine name like Kennedy, admits to being a "righty"
As for playing pool...they don't call us liberals for nothing...we would overlook that character flaw, and concentrate on how much of your money we could get out of you.
None of us work,,,we just live off of the right...

hondo
11-04-2007, 10:01 PM
Harry, JLW is good people. I think you will enjoy
his posts.
He's one of the few who still has the stomach to
battle the cronies on AZ.

Drop1
11-04-2007, 11:15 PM
Glad to hear you are a pool player,and not a preacher.

LWW
11-05-2007, 04:46 AM
I'm shocked that anyone named Kennedy would line up with the political family.

What a bunch of losers.

LWW

SKennedy
11-05-2007, 10:25 AM
Wolf,
With a name like Kennedy and Scottish, I'm also tight. I'll only lose as much money as I want to, and as little as my wife gives me, which ain't much.
The good Kennedys are in the Mass. area, while us bad ones settled in the west. They have all the money and we don't. All in all, we are the lucky ones.
I had a great deal of respect for JFK and RK, just not for Teddy.