PDA

View Full Version : New Book: Painting on Green Canvas

Fran Crimi
11-03-2007, 08:25 PM
I want to publicly congratulate my friend Bob Watson on the publication of his new book, Painting on Green Canvas. I'm half-way through it and I'm finding it holds a special place in my heart, as Bob molded a main character after our beloved Gene Nagy, with lots of words of wisdom from Gene on learning the game.

A few of us who knew Gene are having somewhat of a hard time reading the book because it brings back such vivid memories of him. The book is fiction, and there are pieces throughout that remind me of the style of "The Way of the Peaceful Warrior," which was very similar to Gene's philosophy and approach to the game.

Thanks Bob, for writing a sweet and sentimental story and one that's not loaded with violence and ego. I'll treasure my copy!

Fran

BillPorter
11-04-2007, 08:42 AM
Fran, thanks for the review of the book. I didn't know Gene, but I have read accounts of his skill on the pool table. I'll look forward to reading the book.

Tom_In_Cincy
11-04-2007, 12:10 PM
Thanks for the review. I am sure this will be great in my collection of Pool Books.
To order your copy....

http://www.authorhouse.com/BookStore/ItemDetail~bookid~44224.aspx

wolfdancer
11-04-2007, 03:03 PM
Fran, thanks for the book mention....I bought a book already on your mention...have Peaceful Warrior on DVD, and I'll be ordering this one.
Are you playing at Chinook Winds this week?...Good luck if you are...I'm thinking of going there to catch some of the action....

Fran Crimi
11-04-2007, 05:50 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Fran, thanks for the book mention....I bought a book already on your mention...have Peaceful Warrior on DVD, and I'll be ordering this one.
Are you playing at Chinook Winds this week?...Good luck if you are...I'm thinking of going there to catch some of the action.... <hr /></blockquote>

No, I stopped playing on tour 2 years ago. It started to become too much of a grind. It did me good to stop because now I'm really enjoying playing again, and maybe I'll jump into some regionals and see what happens.

Chinook Winds is nice, but they weren't kidding about the wind there. It's brutally windy. Bring your windbreaker and your rain gear. Those tsunami and rogue wave warning signs all around are a bit unnerving.

Fran