PDA

View Full Version : Why is it that ... II

LWW
11-05-2007, 11:14 AM
Why is it that so many members here cannot complete a sentence without blaming Bush for their egg salad going stale?

LWW

bamadog
11-05-2007, 01:36 PM
Charles krauthamer calls it "Bush derangement syndrome".

It seems to be goin' around.

Drop1
11-05-2007, 01:38 PM
Troll

LWW
11-05-2007, 02:40 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Troll <hr /></blockquote>
We know you are, but what are we?

LWW

Chopstick
11-06-2007, 08:14 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Troll <hr /></blockquote>

LWW <hr /></blockquote>

Is this the beginning of a debate or the end of one? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

wolfdancer
11-06-2007, 08:27 AM
I think it's an existentialist question...and i skipped school the day they taught that...but from Google:
"dread, boredom, alienation, the absurd, freedom, commitment, [and] nothingness".
Certainly describes some of the feelings I have when I read his posts

bamadog
11-06-2007, 12:33 PM
Obviously, many on this forum feel the same way about your posts.
On this page alone you have started 8 threads. 4 of them have zero replies.
Folks are tiring of your inanities.

Drop1
11-06-2007, 12:59 PM
Out of the last one hundred and eight posts,two have been from you,so shut the f**k up,and get that dress ready for the dance slut,those Marines are waiting. The numbers show it bitch you have nothing to contribute.

LWW
11-06-2007, 01:19 PM
Do you eat with that mouth also?

LWW

wolfdancer
11-06-2007, 01:28 PM
I'l quit if you two will promise to go away, and leave the good folks here alone...instead of this constant annoyance.
The insulting crap you guys post may have been a big hit over there, and won you many friends...but I don't see many people buying into it here.
At least my posts aren't begun with the idea of starting an argument.
anyway I just write to amuse myself, and lately to piss off you two...and as long as you both feel the need to read and reply...well, I'll keep going then knowing I have two fans....
Say now here's a better idea....we start a poll with our three names on it...and we ask folks to vote one of us "off the island"...and the "winner" has to remain off for an entire month......
I'm game...I could use the time to work on my Golf
Let's do it!!!!!

wolfdancer
11-06-2007, 01:34 PM
It's kind of sad that he now uses a line that I wrote, dripping with sarcasm,as some kind of proof of his feeble intellect. Well, it might be the first compliment he ever got in his academic life...so makes me proud to know I helped out another human being get through his day.
You just never know the power of a kind word or phrase.

Drop1
11-06-2007, 01:35 PM
Standard brain,standard reply,same question you asked MadMac ahole,still nothing original,so blow it out your a$$ Mr.Ego. We all know you take your food in the form of a suppository,my little mensa.

bamadog
11-06-2007, 01:40 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Out of the last one hundred and eight posts,two have been from you,so shut the f**k up,and get that dress ready for the dance slut,those Marines are waiting. The numbers show it bitch you have nothing to contribute. <hr /></blockquote>

Once again you prove my point. You have neither brains nor cajones.

SKennedy
11-06-2007, 01:41 PM
I'm on the right, but could never vote Wolfie off the island. Even though I disagree with him on many issues, I believe his motives are honest. And that's good enough for me!
Actually, there is plenty of room on the island for all of us to stay. However, some just might need a little attitude adjustment from time to time. So, the real question...who do we elect as our "enforcer?" I vote for Chopstick! Since we're voting....And for President...I vote for Deeman. And for court jester....I vote for LWW and bamadog (nah...too harsh). Chief intern and pin-up gal...why Gayle, of course! Now Gayle, don't go hostile on me. I'm only kidding. In fact, to temper things a bit, I vote for you as Vice President (good luck and sorry about that Deeman). I'll be happy to serve as dog catcher. My first order of business....euthanize bamadog...maybe we'll just neuter him?

SKennedy
11-06-2007, 01:47 PM
"..my little mensa."

Where does the word "mensa" come from? I assume it is not from the word "menses," or is it?

Perhaps someone whose brain cells are not literally sloughing off as we speak can enlighten us?

wolfdancer
11-06-2007, 01:57 PM
I ain't as sharp as I used to think I was, so I didn't think to mention that I'll take zero replies over the kind of ones that you two inspire. I might not write anything interesting, but the stuff you guys put out goes over about as well as like a popcorn fart in church....smells about the same also

bamadog
11-06-2007, 02:01 PM
Why are you so rough on me?
I'm a Conservative/Republican and a vocal proponent of fact based discussions. Why is that so threatening?

wolfdancer
11-06-2007, 02:15 PM
vocal proponent of fact based discussions.
Give me a ****** break!!!! It's too early in the day for comedy....

SKennedy
11-06-2007, 02:31 PM
You aren't threatening to me. As a matter of fact, I really don't find anyone threatening....guess I'm just not smart enough to be intimidated. I've always had that problem.
As for picking on you? It was in jest. Had to do more with your moniker than anything else (dog catcher...bamadog?). At least I found it humorous.
Why? Did I intimidate you? Surely with a name like "bamadog" you are not whining are you? I envision "bamadog" to be akin to a real "junk-yard" dog....sleek, mean, and willing to bite! If you are whining, I'm sure Hondo would be willing to change your moniker to "fee-fee."

bamadog
11-06-2007, 02:55 PM
Just playin'. I wanted to see what you'd say.

bamadog
11-06-2007, 02:59 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> vocal proponent of fact based discussions.
Give me a ****** break!!!! It's too early in the day for comedy.... <hr /></blockquote>

That's right Wolfie, unlike you and harry, I believe that facts are essential in debate.
That is why I quote or link often, and ask others to do the same.

You should try it.

Drop1
11-06-2007, 03:31 PM
We have never debated fool,and you wouldn't know or care if a fact existed.

Drop1
11-06-2007, 03:35 PM
You left out cry baby,and brainless.

Drop1
11-06-2007, 03:43 PM
Its Spanish slang,meaning stupid female.Menso would be a stupid male;LWW is both.

bamadog
11-06-2007, 03:48 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> We have never debated fool,and you wouldn't know or care if a fact existed. <hr /></blockquote>

Thankyou, you continue to reinforce my point.

SKennedy
11-06-2007, 03:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bamadog:</font><hr> Just playin'. I wanted to see what you'd say. <hr /></blockquote>

Did I disappoint?

Drop1
11-06-2007, 04:04 PM
Don't you mean "Thank you" pointless?

bamadog
11-06-2007, 04:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SKennedy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote bamadog:</font><hr> Just playin'. I wanted to see what you'd say. <hr /></blockquote>

Did I disappoint? <hr /></blockquote>

Not at all.

wolfdancer
11-06-2007, 06:16 PM
the two problems that I have with his post are they didn't come over here to debate the news, they think they are the news.(imo) And with so much media reporting...I don't need either of their expert opinions...in fact, I'd rather listen to O'Reilly, and I can't stand him.
Then there is the "links" issue...Gayle usually cites a link in her posts...but they have put her down for that, "she doesn't have her own ideas, etc"...so, we're just supposed to believe his links are better then Gayle's.
Hondo lied to us..he said LWW was the brains...but looking at that cheap imitation of "George Scott as Patton" photo, and that idiotic signature line...it's **** Loony tunes time with him...
I wouldn't want to debate the time of day with either one....Everything I've seen them post, I've read a hundred times before....I thought at first they was just trying to piss me off, you know ...but now it looks like they're trying to bore me to death....

bamadog
11-06-2007, 06:32 PM
Just admit it Wolfie, the facts contradict your world view and that makes you angry.
So you lash out at those who present the facts.
You are entitled to your own opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.

btw, Gayle usually links "thehuffingtonpost", which is hardly a respected source.

Drop1
11-06-2007, 07:08 PM
Could you be so kind,as to suggest another source?

Drop1
11-06-2007, 07:34 PM
Wolf,it is good to hear a man stand,and say I will not bend beneath the yoke of tyrannical ignorance,and witless sterile childish humor. They came to make enemies,as preachers,rather than friends as equals. I have been asked to be less abrasive in my language,in short to be a kinder,gentler breed of sheep.I save such moments,for the people I love,not for cowards.

bamadog
11-06-2007, 08:11 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Could you be so kind,as to suggest another source? <hr /></blockquote>

Absolutely. How about The Wall Street Journal.

For Gayle to be quoting the Huffington post is tantamount to quoting herself.

bamadog
11-06-2007, 08:24 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Wolf,it is good to hear a man stand,and say I will not bend beneath the yoke of tyrannical ignorance,and witless sterile childish humor. They came to make enemies,as preachers,rather than friends as equals. I have been asked to be less abrasive in my language,in short to be a kinder,gentler breed of sheep.I save such moments,for the people I love,not for cowards. [/
quote]

No, you have been asked to occaisionally make an intelligent post, something you seem incapable of.

Drop1
11-06-2007, 10:04 PM
How would you know the quality of any post?

bamadog
11-06-2007, 10:17 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> How would you know the quality of any post? <hr /></blockquote>

Please read some of your contributions here.
Maybe embarrassment will bring an epiphany.

LAMas
11-06-2007, 10:17 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SKennedy:</font><hr> Where does the word "mensa" come from? <hr /></blockquote>

http://www.us.mensa.org/AM/template.cfm?Section=About_Mensa

American Mensa
The organization for smart people like you
With more than 50,000 members, American Mensa is the largest national Mensa operating under the auspices of Mensa International, Ltd. There are currently more than 100,000 members worldwide, and an estimated six million Americans are eligible for Mensa membership.

Members of American Mensa range in age from 4 to 100. They include engineers, homemakers, teachers, actors, athletes, students and CEOs, and they share one trait high intelligence. To qualify for Mensa, they scored in the top 2 percent of the general population on an accepted standardized intelligence test.

As a member, you have an opportunity to meet other smart people at local, regional and national levels. You can attend entertaining events and exchange your ideas with others through a variety of publications. You can also work to help others in your community by volunteering for community-oriented activities and working with the Mensa Education and Research Foundation's scholarship program.

Join Mensa today!

Drop1
11-06-2007, 10:28 PM
Thank you James Joyce,and if you would read your's,you would stop posting.

LWW
11-07-2007, 04:08 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> How would you know the quality of any post? <hr /></blockquote>
I know how I do it.

I read it to see if it makes sense ... yours never do.

I react to what it says and not some moonbat imagination of what I wish it had said so I can put false words in my strawman's mouth ... like you do.

I see if it has any links to back up any claims it makes ... yours never do.

Try these easy steps and you to will gain in your comprehension skills.

LWW

hondo
11-07-2007, 06:58 AM
I used to call him Snoopy but it hurt his feelings too bad so I stopped. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in MD
11-07-2007, 09:05 AM
All of my statements have already been proven, and all of my links, are in the archives. I don't waste my time trying to educate, the uneducable. No point is debating with people who deny reality.

Bah Bah Bah! They support a man who abuses American Troops. What more do we need to know about them?

Chopstick
11-07-2007, 12:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SKennedy:</font><hr>
Actually, there is plenty of room on the island for all of us to stay. However, some just might need a little attitude adjustment from time to time. So, the real question...who do we elect as our "enforcer?" I vote for Chopstick! <hr /></blockquote>

Huh? I don't think anybody ever voted for me for anything. Thanx. I agree Deeman for president all the way. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

LWW
11-07-2007, 12:09 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr>Bah Bah Bah! They support a man who abuses American Troops. What more do we need to know about them? <hr /></blockquote>
Gayle, I do not nor have I ever supported Kerry or Gore.

Please retract this insult.

LWW

Drop1
11-07-2007, 01:03 PM
Malicious man uncovered making false claims. Get help my friend,get help.

Deeman3
11-07-2007, 01:17 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote SKennedy:</font><hr>
Actually, there is plenty of room on the island for all of us to stay. However, some just might need a little attitude adjustment from time to time. So, the real question...who do we elect as our "enforcer?" I vote for Chopstick! <hr /></blockquote>

Huh? I don't think anybody ever voted for me for anything. Thanx. I agree Deeman for president all the way. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">I've got our platform in place and our cheeerleading squad lined up. I know Chopstick and I have to come up with a group of nubule entertainers to keep him focused on the important cabinet work. I told you, The Deemanocratic Party will prevail.

I may have less hair on my chest than Hillary but I've got a lot better long term and short term memory. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif </font color>

LWW
11-07-2007, 01:37 PM
Yet after repeated requests you lack the ability to communicate what point you disagree with ... much less why?

LWW

Drop1
11-07-2007, 01:40 PM
Repeated requests? Quote LWW "what are we?"

LWW
11-07-2007, 01:47 PM
Let me request it again.

LWW

SKennedy
11-07-2007, 03:34 PM
I know what Mensa, the organization, is....I asked about the derivation of the name...and was being a little sarcastic.
I've taken their tests. And despite what anyone tells you, you can actually learn to take these tests and improve your scores. I've also met some pretty smart people who would not do well on an IQ test, or any type of written test. I just have a knack for taking tests. I obtained a state license by taking a test with no experience at all in that particular field. There were guys taking the test for the 3rd and 4th time, whose livelihood was dependent upon passing the test, and they could not pass although they were well-experienced, did excellent work, and had been doing the work for 30+ years. I would hire them over me any time. The only thing testing proved was that I was better at taking exams than some of them. Another example....my son is smart...my daughter is smarter. He is good at taking tests, she is not. She gets anxious. Her test scores do not really reflect her knowledge (SAT's an example). My point....I'm not a big fan of people claiming how intelligent they are or thinking they are better than someone else based upon some IQ test. To take a Mensa exam and then take the effort to actually join the group just so you can put a sticker on your car or proclaim to others how smart you are, is in my opinion, just not too bright and indicates security issues. The world is full of "geniuses." I've hired a few. In the end, give me the average joe who is willing to work hard, has some common sense, is not too afraid to make a decision, and doesn't waste time convincing himself and others just how smart he really is. If you are really that freakin' bright, then why do you want, or need, to work where I do?
And for the record...how well do I score on IQ tests? More than 40 and less than 180. The median IQ is supposed to be 100. Yet, I bet if you ask 20 people how they score every one of them will tell you 100 or more. Somebody is not being truthful.

jlw
11-07-2007, 03:45 PM
I've got to agree. All of the literature I have read suggests that "IQ" tests don't really measure intelligence. It's an ego boost to say you have a high IQ, but it doesn't really mean anything in terms of how smart you are.

LAMas
11-07-2007, 11:32 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SKennedy:</font><hr> I know what Mensa, the organization, is....I asked about the derivation of the name...and was being a little sarcastic.
<hr /></blockquote>

I like your sarcasm. I knew that mensa is a stupid girl for I grew up in the Barrios of East Los with the Chicanos - there were alot of them and they liked to fight - the mensas that is.
THe last test that I took was the Ohio Test in Jr. High School and scored well. I never took the SAT for I didn't have enough money to go to a real college. I went to a Jr. College for a couple of years - a High School with ashtrays I say.
I learned alot about what I didn't like or wasn't good at like Physics, Chemistry, Calculus and Philosophy. After that it was time to shoot more pool and play cards. in between games I got a minimum wage job/s. After I quit the last one, a friend that was in a County HR job looking to place entry level Hispanics in Engineering sent me instead for he didn't have any other one that was qualified.
I became one of those guys that you hired "the average Joe" who liked the work so working hard was a kick (others were taking smoking breaks), saw the job clearly and used common sense (not so common), I have no problem making decisions to stay on schedule and budget (others don't want the heat and fall behind) &amp; I'm smart enough to behave like an average Joe.
I had a MIT grad "work" for me but he came out West to swim, sun bathe and watch the babes - after a couple of years, he went back to Mass to work/consult with his friends there using the skills that I taught him. I worked with a Cal Tech grad who had an affair with her boss and had him walked out on harassment charges after not getting the raise she wanted. Soon after, see couldn't take the stares and left.
You don't learn everything in the best schools.
Adios.

SKennedy
11-08-2007, 05:40 PM
My youngest daughter is in her first semester of college and as of right now, it appears she is wasting dad's money as her grades are not very good. However, as a good friend of mine told me yersterday(who has 4 daughters, 2 of which are currently in college), college is not just about grades and a book education. He is right!
College is a good thing and is necessary, for the most part, in this country to do well. However, it really just opens some initial doors for you that otherwise may not be open. In my field and position I'm in, most have advanced degrees. I'm fortunate that when I started that was not the case. Now, I have the experience. If I was looking today to get into my field with the degree I have, it would be very difficult.
Bottom line....did you have the perseverance to finish school? And, I particuarly like the individual who worked their way thru school. It's easier to attend college 6 years on dad's nickel than to get that 4-year degree completed in 3 to 4 years while paying it all, or much of it, yourself.
Congrats on your success. It's your work habits and character that say a lot more about you than your degree.