PDA

View Full Version : Bushonomics Even Worse Than Reaganomics Census sho

Gayle in MD
11-05-2007, 03:42 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/hale-stewart/the-worst-economy-of-our-_b_71115.html

The vastly increased debt held by Americans, and as shown in these charts, from the United States Census, should be of interest to all.

As I have expected, and stated, as in all other statements made by this administration, the shocking true economic numbers, would eventually be undeniable.

There are a whole range of decietful methods they have used throughout this administration to skew economic reports. I'd say the Census Bureau is a reliable accounting of how things stand, even if it does appear on the Huffingtonpost's website.

This same author, had a first part, to his post. Be sure and click on it for the full report.

Gee, was I gloom and doom? Or are the results of this administration's policies, the real gloom and doom which we face presently?

Not asking that question of the looney right wing radical Bushies, btw. We already know, they suffer from Illogical Bush Worship, which is just as bad as Illogical Republican Praise. Oh for a sexy Democrat in the White House who knows how to please himself, and the rest of the country! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Gayle in Md.
Support our troops! Impeach Bush and Cheney!

bamadog
11-05-2007, 04:54 PM
Of Course! I should have known! It was GWB that made all those folks go out and buy those expensive homes with variable rate mortgages!
Dat waskally wabbit!

LWW
11-05-2007, 05:57 PM
Bush made my windshield washer tank run out just this AM.

LWW

LAMas
11-05-2007, 06:02 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr>
Oh for a sexy Democrat in the White House who knows how to please himself, and the rest of the country! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Gayle in Md.
<hr /></blockquote>

That's a great description of Billary himself.

hondo
11-05-2007, 06:21 PM
Bush made my hemorrhoids fall. /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

DickLeonard
11-05-2007, 07:06 PM
Gayle look at the number of CEOs biting the dust for losing Billions loaning money to all those rich people who couldn't afford those million dollar houses. My daughter who has a second home at Gulf Shores Alabama was looking at a 1.3 million dollar condo that the builder was willing to pay the first twenty percent or some exotic deal. I know only poor people buy those condos according to the AZBers.

The sh#t is just hitting the fan the spill out is going to be as bad as the Tech bust. Love Dick ####

bamadog
11-05-2007, 11:24 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> Gayle look at the number of CEOs biting the dust for losing Billions loaning money to all those rich people who couldn't afford those million dollar houses. My daughter who has a second home at Gulf Shores Alabama was looking at a 1.3 million dollar condo that the builder was willing to pay the first twenty percent or some exotic deal. I know only poor people buy those condos according to the AZBers.

The sh#t is just hitting the fan the spill out is going to be as bad as the Tech bust. Love Dick #### <hr /></blockquote>

And the connection to the President is what, exactly?

LWW
11-06-2007, 06:08 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> Gayle look at the number of CEOs biting the dust for losing Billions loaning money to all those rich people who couldn't afford those million dollar houses. My daughter who has a second home at Gulf Shores Alabama was looking at a 1.3 million dollar condo that the builder was willing to pay the first twenty percent or some exotic deal. I know only poor people buy those condos according to the AZBers.

The sh#t is just hitting the fan the spill out is going to be as bad as the Tech bust. Love Dick #### <hr /></blockquote>
Why do you insist upon propping up strawmen full of lies to debate with instead of actually remaining here in reality with non delusional facts.

Yes people are losing a ton on bad loans. They invested poorly.

Yes, it may be as bad as the tech bust.

What does that have to do with politics?

LWW

DickLeonard
11-06-2007, 07:50 AM
Gayle did I appoint Alan Greespans replacement?

Chopstick
11-06-2007, 08:06 AM
the shocking true economic numbers, would eventually be undeniable.

<hr /></blockquote>

Ya know, 68% of Americans believe that the economy is in terrible shape, despite the fact that the stock market keeps breaking one record high after another, government revenues and personal incomes are at all time highs, which of course is impossible because tax cuts cannot possibly increase revenue.

You want to say that debt has increased? Because of all those yahoos that went out and bought houses that they could not afford with rigged up mortgages that weren't designed for them. Now you and Hillary want me to pay for 'em.

If there is one thing I have learned from the left, it is that everything is deniable. Apparently it is whose propaganda machine is louder and longer that matters.

moblsv
11-06-2007, 08:21 AM
I guess the lack of effective government oversight allowing such predatory lending practices of subprime lenders is just the free market at work. The same will be said for the credit card crisis to come, and then the student loans bailouts now that they are no longer under bankruptcy protection and the predatory lenders are pouncing on those as well.

[ QUOTE ]
"There are a whole range of decietful methods they have used throughout this administration to skew economic reports"<hr /></blockquote>

Isn't that the Modus Operandi for all of this administrations dealings with the public?

moblsv
11-06-2007, 08:28 AM
Its sad how two people can flood a forum with stupidity to the point of shutting down all rational discourse.

Billiards Digest - Non Pool Related Forum; A microcosm of the current state of the U.S. Political System.

wolfdancer
11-06-2007, 08:43 AM
C,mon...you can't seriously blame just the left for this housing pyramid scheme? Everybody was trying to make a quick buck, or get that un-affordable house of their dreams,thinking that 5 years down the road when the balloon payment was due, they'd have hit the lottery by then. I'd blame predatory lenders, naive buyers, and unrealistic low interest rates that kept the market going climbing way above it's real valuations....and even the pan handlers buying r.e.
We,... you're not the only one that will be paying to straighten out this mess; it's not just the right that will be penalized... might not like it...but a rash of bank and lending institution failures, could trigger another depression...
We'll have to wait, or course, until the resident economics expert here, chimes in, to get the real take on the situation.

Chopstick
11-06-2007, 11:23 AM
I don't blame the left for causing it. I object to them saying we should have to pay for it.

Gayle in MD
11-06-2007, 01:56 PM
Dick,
You are so right. We've only seen the tip of the iceberg. Americans are running up debt on their credit cards, just to get by. We're already seeing a big slow down here in Washington D.C., a town that has always been called recession proof.

Between all the poison in our food, and lead in our kids toys, insurance companies who refuse to make good their promises, banks lending money to people without documentation, it's a good example of what happens when an administration send out the message, No Government Controls on Business, and it filters right through society, dirty food, water and air, and thanks to Bush, and his tort reform, good luck trying to hold accountable crackpot doctors who have no business in health care.

All these billionaires who have quadruppled their wealth, are averaged into our numbers, and the so called jobs, are not good paying jobs, and wages have been stagnant, as prices have soared for energy, and hence, food, and all other products.

But hey, the rich are happy. That's all the Republican ever cared about, anyway.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Gayle in MD
11-06-2007, 02:19 PM
You nailed it, friend. These economic practices are about as legitimate as the last two elections, and the fixed intelligence to go to war with Iraq! When the President of the United States is a liar and a crook, the rest of the crooks get the message. Anything goes!

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't that the Modus Operandi for all of this administrations dealings with the public?

<hr /></blockquote>

Absolutely! Only the neocons could deny it! The small little minds are only alert to the measly little bribes, they get from the Imperial President, for the tax cut, they are unable to follow sums greater than 15%, billions, and trillions, are beyond their calculation limits! BWA HA HA HA! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif It's kind of like listening to them trying to balme Clinton, for 9/11, although Bush had been in office foreight months when it happened, and Bush refused to heed all the warnings. Kind of like the way they ignore the fact that without the REagan policies, Saddam would never have grown to power, now would the Taliban, or al Qaeda. Kind of like the way they ignore all the U.S. soldier, who have been blown away with weapons that Republicans have been spreading around the middle East for thirty years. Kind of like two to twenty thousand blacks purged off the voting rolls, by the deputy of Katherine Harris, who just happened to be Florida's Republican Election director, and then watching it happen again, four years later in Ohio, by the Ohio Republican Election director, targets again, the black voters, who just happen to vote overwhelmingly Democratic.

What we have here is a President, blabbing about spreading democracy to the world, as he systematically destroys it right here at home, and a group of radical right wing neocon fascists, that support everything their criminal, inhumane treasonist president does.

Did you ever think you'd witness Americans, supporting and defending a president who sends out youth to war on lies, and then refuses to give them proper rest, training, and equipment to fight the battle?

My friend, regardless of the elephants, in the circle, holding one another's tails, their numbers are sliding, and even may in their own party, are patriots enough to have written books, and spoken out against the dangers created by George Bush, and his Republican blank check party. Hence, they can't raise any money! BWA ha ha ha, looks like their cronies have realized that the Republicans won't be running the show after the election!

Sheep are dumb, and they stink!

Love,
Gayle in Md.

bamadog
11-06-2007, 03:09 PM
Another great rant Gayle.
Your classic style of offering no facts to back up your absurd assertions puts you squarely in the moveon.org rat hole of artistic expression. This rant is kinda like an emotional ink blot. Exploding with hate and frustration but having no relationship to reality. Never let facts get in the way.

Gayle in MD
11-06-2007, 04:07 PM
Just thik of it as a little added tax, for having a President who is only interested in his friends bottom lines, and cares nothing about legalities, safety, or sick children.

Gayle in Md.

pooltchr
11-06-2007, 06:28 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Just thik of it as a little added tax, for having a President who is only interested in his friends bottom lines, and cares nothing about legalities, safety, or sick children.

Gayle in Md. <hr /></blockquote>

Amazing! You have educated me once again. Here I was thinking it was the idiots who didn't have enough common sense to know that they couldn't make the payments on those expensive houses, or thought that if they put that wide screen tv on a credit card, it wasn't really like they would have to actually pay for them!

The first jump was to blame the lenders for giving those people the idea that they could afford that house, or that bank that give credit cards to morons who can't balance a checkbook.

Now, I understand. It's part of the devious GWB plan to just force people to get in over their head. They are just victims.

When will you ever understand that individuals are responsible for their own actions? When you miss a shot, do you blame the table, or the guy who played that song on the juke box that you hate?

Steve

Wally_in_Cincy
11-06-2007, 08:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Just thik of it as a little added tax, for having a President who is only interested in his friends bottom lines, and cares nothing about legalities, safety, or sick children.

Gayle,

You caught us dead right.

We want chikdren to have no medicine. Or better yet they can starve, which is a lot cheaper than paying their medical bils.

We want old people to eat dog food.

We want old folks to die from lack of medicine to get them off the SS rolls.

We want Exxon to pollute the atmosphere so all us evildoers can make more money.

Sorry to all right-wingers to come clean on this, Gayle has discovered the secret.

Gayle in MD
11-06-2007, 10:00 PM
If you can't see the connection between the neocon's love of what they mistakenly call free market enterprise, and what has happened to billions of dollars, totally wasted, monthly, by this ignorant bunch of A-Holes in the Whtie House, who don't understand anything about the Middle East, their economic practices of lowering interest rates, to mask the realities of our economic situation, the dollar bill losing value, China, owning our debt, one hundred million dollars a month going to the Pakistani Army, who refuses to go after the Taliban, and al Qaeda, billions missing in Iraq, no threat to us in the first place, a President, who has borrowed more money than all previous presidents combined, and government accounting charts which prove that wealth has been redistributed upwards, to the filthy rich, and Bush, removing all safeguards from government consumer protections, Environmental protections, Loan sharking, and illegitmate banking practices, PAHLEEEZE!

I think you, of all people, being a person who voted twice for George Bush, knowing full well the second time you voted for him that he lied us into this war, believe me, Steve, you are the last person in the world that ought to feel justified in being condescending toward me in your posts. And for you, of all people, to talk about taking responsibility for what you do, is an absolute JOKE~!

Tell me, when you vote twice for a liar, who blows money like there's no tomorrow, and has nothing valuable to show for it afterwards, do YOU take responsiblity for what the **** you did?

These bank crooks don't deserve any help for what they've done, it's the people they took advantage of, that we ought to be helping, the CEO's in the mortgage industry ought to all be thrown in jail, along with the Real Estate Agents, who led the sheep to the slaughter, both, for bilking the American public out of their money, and selling them loans they knew damned well people couldn't afford. They didn't give a good ****, they knew they'd be selling those loans off anyway, and if you don't think business corruption flows from the top down, in a country, then I say you are the one who doesn't understand the connections between what is happening to the Middle Class in this country, and this corrupt administration which has given a green light to every crooked corporate fascist pig in this country.

Nothing this administration does, is above board, and yes, they played a role, failing to hold big business accountable, just like they have played a role in all the illegals who came here illegally, by sending out the wrong message to the illegals, come on over and provide cheap labor for our fascist corporate friends. We don't have any oversight, we only care about the bottom line, of the fascist corporate pigs.

That's the Republican Party of compassionate conservativism, for you. They will raise the roof over spending money on sick kids, but they will waste billions every month, fighting the wrong war against the wrong people, and then not even bother to keep track of where the money is going, or whether or not we're even getting anything worthwhile back for it. ONE HUNDRED MILLION A MONTH TO THE PAKISTANI ARMY, and the Taliban, and alqaeda, have strengthened. Now I guess we'll get the chance to fight the war we should have been fighting for the last seven years.

Back to the issue, the Census bureau charts, which prove that the rich, are getting much richer, and the Middle Class is dying on the vine. The biggest gap since before the wall street crash. Take responsibility your ****ing vote.

WAKE UP!

Gayle in MD
11-06-2007, 10:02 PM
Tell me something I didn't already know about you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

bamadog
11-06-2007, 10:22 PM
I take responsibility Gayle.
I voted for him twice and am proud of it.
I wll be voting Republican again next year.
I only wish Cheney or Newt were running.

Gayle in MD
11-06-2007, 10:36 PM
LOL, the morons who can't balance a checkbook are the people you voted for. BWA HA HA HA...

Hey, do us a favor, you and your friends say home next election, give America a chance, LOL. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

bamadog
11-06-2007, 10:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> LOL, the morons who can't balance a checkbook are the people you voted for. BWA HA HA HA...

Hey, do us a favor, you and your friends say home next election, give America a chance, LOL. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Not a chance Gayle, my wife and I will cancel out your families vote for Hillary.

cushioncrawler
11-07-2007, 12:20 AM
Gayle -- If only the USA hadnt gone from the pound to the dollar (or woz it the guinea, or the sovereign, or the crown, or the shilling, or the florin, or the penny, anyhow one of themz). madMac. Hmmmm -- Who might have been USA'z first prime-minister, perhaps Benedict Arnold would have made it az the first and best prime-minister, but, USA lost the war, bad luck.

LWW
11-07-2007, 04:22 AM
Are you REALLY that uneducated on economics?

Do you REALLY believe that a group of investors got together and said "HEY, let's find a bunch of people and loan them money they can't afford to repay so we can then foreclose on the property and lose tens of thousands of dollars when we sell it!"

PLEASE!

LWW

Qtec
11-07-2007, 06:24 AM
Forget economics, just do the arithmetic.

Massive debt, a falling dollar and oil is now at $98- 3 times what it was when GW came in.
A $ black hole in Iraq, an economy running a loss and huge tax cuts for a select few.
This Govt has been printing money to finance its costs and it can't continue.

Q

hondo
11-07-2007, 07:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Just thik of it as a little added tax, for having a President who is only interested in his friends bottom lines, and cares nothing about legalities, safety, or sick children.

Gayle,

You caught us dead right.

We want chikdren to have no medicine. Or better yet they can starve, which is a lot cheaper than paying their medical bils.

We want old people to eat dog food.

We want old folks to die from lack of medicine to get them off the SS rolls.

We want Exxon to pollute the atmosphere so all us evildoers can make more money.

Sorry to all right-wingers to come clean on this, Gayle has discovered the secret.

<hr /></blockquote>

Sadly, what you are saying is pretty close to truth.
It appears that given those choices or having money taken out of their pockets, they would choose the latter.
Of course, they fire back with spins to make them feel good but still... .

Chopstick
11-07-2007, 07:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Forget economics, just do the arithmetic.

Massive debt, a falling dollar and oil is now at $98- 3 times what it was when GW came in.
A $ black hole in Iraq, an economy running a loss and huge tax cuts for a select few.
This Govt has been printing money to finance its costs and it can't continue.

Q

<hr /></blockquote>

Yea. I know. It sounds just like the Democrats were running the place. I can understand why you find American politics confusing. It confuses me too.

DickLeonard
11-07-2007, 08:25 AM
Pooltchr those people couldn't get a loan from Vito@Guido but a little fudging on a loan appt. and their eligble for a massive loan. Sure it was Pie in the Sky but it fooled major banks and security firms.

As a Republican you blame the people who couuldn't make the payments as a DemocratI I blame the people who lent them the money.####

Gayle in MD
11-07-2007, 08:43 AM
Spin is all they have "fired" back with for seven years. Imagine, grown adults, thinking the economy is strong, when the dollar has been decimated by Bushonomics!

Everytime there is a Bush in the White House, oil goes through the roof. Can the right connect the dots? Hell no.

Funny thing is these people are being bilked, of course, they don't know it, penny wise, and pound foolish sheep, can't add anything greater than 15%, and their so damned dumb they'd go right back in the booth and vote for this POS again!

But then, they are the same ones who insist that we found WMD in Iraq, when the whole world knows thats not true. Same ones who didn't mind Bush failing to heed unprecedented warnings about the coming attack on 9/11, same ones who can listen to the chimp, yapping about spending after he sat there for six years watching Republicans spend like drunken sailors, and didn't veto a single bill. Same ones who supported a president, who hides caskets, and pays off reporters for friendly news, and positions gay prostitutes in the press room, and commited insider trading, and vanished when he couldn't pass a blood test, and drove drunk throughout his youth, and refused to answer questions about all his cocaine use, outs covert agents, tortures innocent people, lies about Yellow Cake, and sends the country to war on lies, denies insurgencies, denies civil war, and denies his drastic mistakes.

75% of Americans, see through him. I listen to C-Span most mornings, and the numbers of Republicans calling in there saying they will NEVER vote for another Republican as long as they live, is amazing. Only the dumbest of the sheep are still bah, bah, bahing.

Good ol' Fred Thompson, flying around in his drug dealers plane, a guy who was convicted for dealing cocaine, kind of reminds you of Bush, flying around in Ken Lays jet, throughout his campaign. Guiliani, sucked up to a child absuing priest, and his former Police commissioner, up for taking mafia bribes.

I've never seen so many crooks, liars and perverts gathered up in one party, all at one time, in my whole life. How can anyone still buy their BS. Most of us don't. Atleast, Democrats were able to head off their next election fraud and mud slinging attempts by using "Loyal Bushies" in the Department Of Justice. Ya think we'll ever find Rove's five thousand missing e-mails?

The next twelve months are going to be all out war against Bush, from every side. It's already started, he got overturned, yesterday! BRAVO!

What a bunch!

Sheep are dumb, and they stink. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

LWW
11-07-2007, 08:47 AM
They were both at fault.

First off, if incomes were forged then more people would be going to jail. What many lenders would accept however is a program called "STATED INCOME" which meant that it the going rate were X.X% but my income didn't qualify I could pay X.X% + an addl 1% to 2% I could "STATE" my income as whatever I needed it to be. It was a program for people with high debt ratios and was stupidity on both parties.

The second compounding factor is that the lowest rates in history allowed more people to qualify income wise than ever before. Many foolishly chose an adjustable rate that was locked in for only the 1st 1-5 years because it save them a few bucks a month going in.

Now that they are adjusting people are whining because they bet a small short term gain against a huge long term hit ... and they lost. It sucks.

OTOH a bailout is really no different than reimbursing a guy on the way home from the track who just gambled and lost the rent money.

Investors went along because BILLIONS of dollars in capital were drawing nothing in bonds and the stock market had tanked from the dot bomb fiasco.

The third thing is that these low rates were driving appreciation rates up in a speculative bubble, ands as all bubbles do it popped.

LWW

LWW
11-07-2007, 08:49 AM
You have convinced me yet again that you have no actual clue how economics actually works.

LWW

Gayle in MD
11-07-2007, 09:43 AM
From a C-Span Interview...

Q, you'll be interested in this, of course, the dummies won't read it, they think they're getting a good deal, lol.

April 18, 2004
Perfectly Legal:The Covert Campaign to Rig our Tax System to Benefit the Super Rich- and Cheat Everyone Else
by David Cay Johnston
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Options Menu
Watch Program

Program Details

Search the Video

Print Transcript

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Video Search:

BRIAN LAMB, HOST: David Cay Johnston, author of "Perfectly Legal," on this March the 30th, when we`re taping this, I picked up "The Washington Post." And I`ll read you the following first paragraph on a story by Jonathan Weisman (ph). "President Bush`s 2004 (SIC) budget request for the Internal Revenue Service would seriously shortchange the agency`s tax collection activities, leaving a half million delinquent tax accounts uncollected, 15 million service calls unanswered and nearly 46,000 audits unscheduled, according to the president`s own IRS oversight board."

And as I read the rest of the article, your whole book is in this story.

DAVID CAY JOHNSTON, AUTHOR, "PERFECTLY LEGAL": Well, in fact, the report actually quotes my book. And I have the same story in "The New York Times" this morning, although, frankly, my lead is not quite as compelling as that one.

LAMB: So what is this book about?

JOHNSTON: This book is about the reality of how our tax system actually operates after the politicians pass the laws. The news media do a good job of telling you the official version of events and what politicians in Washington say about taxes. But I spent a lot of my career covering Washington without being there by paying attention to what actually government does, as opposed to what the politicians say that it does. And I show in this book that our tax system is not what most people think.

Most people believe that the higher your income, the greater the share of your income you pay in taxes, and that those who are the most successful provide benefits for those who don`t do as well. And what I show in the book is something it was astonishing to me to learn. In fact, I hired a graduate student in economics to doublecheck all of the findings. And that is that the middle class and the upper middle class, people making $50,000 to $500,000 a year, actually subsidize the richest people in America now. This was not historically true, but they do now.

The complete interview is available at this link.

http://www.booknotes.org/Transcript/?ProgramID=1776

Bobbyrx
11-07-2007, 11:28 AM
I sure would like to be in this guys upper middle class ($500,000 !!!). I do agree that the tax system is screwed up in about every way possible. Why should you have to hire an accountant just to do your taxes? I sure would look at a candidate supporting some sort of flat tax or consumption tax like the "fair tax" which would seem to close the loop holes.

Gayle in MD
11-07-2007, 11:34 AM
"Only the little people pay taxes"
Leona Helmsly

moblsv
11-07-2007, 12:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Bobbyrx:</font><hr>Why should you have to hire an accountant just to do your taxes?<hr /></blockquote>

I couldn't agree more. I don't mind paying taxes but I sure as hell hate doing them.

Wally_in_Cincy
11-07-2007, 03:43 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Imagine, grown adults, thinking the economy is strong, <hr /></blockquote>

LOL

thanks /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Gayle in MD
11-08-2007, 10:33 AM
Right, blame it on the Democrats. What a Joke. I'd like to see another surplus. After this bunch of Republicans, it'll be a cold day in hell before we see that again.

How come you Bushonomics majors never mention twelve plus trillions dollars of debt? It's like you people think that doesn't even count in the whole scheme of our economic numbers.

Typical Republican BS. Nothing beats calling the shots by saying the Republicans are acting like Democrats when they F up the whole country with Republican policies.

Amazing, your ability for partisan denial!

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
11-08-2007, 10:37 AM
Don't thank me, you did it all for yourself, taking half a sentence out of context. Nice trick. Feel proud of youself now?

Why not spend some of your cutsey time following the money, for a change? Your financing the rich, and you don't even know it, brilliant. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
11-08-2007, 10:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Don't thank me, you did it all for yourself, taking half a sentence out of context. Nice trick. Feel proud of youself now?

Why not spend some of your cutsey time following the money, for a change? Your financing the rich, and you don't even know it, brilliant. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif <hr /></blockquote>

My point was, by any normal measuring standards, the economy is very good right now.

There has been one surplus since 1963 or so. That was around 1997 and it was relatively small. I don't see how you go off so bad on Bush for deficit spending when uit has been going on for darn near 50 years, by both parties.

Don't you remember Clinton saying it would take 10 years to balance the budget and then he and the Republican Congress and the stength of the economy did it in three years? He had no intention of balancing the budget at first. Then events caused it to happen.

Why don't you spend some of your evidence gathering time and look up how much the current deficit is relative to GDP compared to other administrations? It's actually not as bad as you make it out to be.

And as far as taking things out of context, I have to because your rants are so long it is impossible to respond to all of it.

Gayle in MD
11-08-2007, 11:14 AM
My point was, by any normal measuring standards, the economy is very good right now.

<font color="red">Really! How wonderful! Every American over thirty thousand dollars in debt. Oh wait, that was atleast two years ago, right. Maybe you think a good economy includes over twelve trillion debt, and a dollar that is losing values faster than an old broken down race hose, a good economy, but I dont. </font color>

There has been one surplus since 1963 or so. That was around 1997 and it was relatively small. <font color="red"> Well, we certainly don't have to worry about a surplus right now, do we, not even an itty bitty one can be found. </font color> I don't see how you go off so bad on Bush for deficit spending when uit has been going on for darn near 50 years, by both parties.
<font color="red">George Bush has borrowed more money from foreign countries, and financial Institutions than all previous presidents PUT TOGETHER. That's how. And, much of it has been borrowed from a communist country, which has been laughing in our faces for years, as it devalues its yen, strengthens its army, and weaponry, and racks up more profits, grows stronger, and prepares to compete with us for the energy supply, and probably food and water, that the world will be fighing over in the decades to come. </font color>

Don't you remember Clinton saying it would take 10 years to balance the budget and then he and the Republican Congress and the stength of the economy did it in three years? He had no intention of balancing the budget at first. Then events caused it to happen. <font color="red"> Yeah, right, it was just an accident, that a Democratic President was able to balance the budget. He campaigned on balancing the budget, YFI. </font color>

Why don't you spend some of your evidence gathering time and look up how much the current deficit is relative to GDP compared to other administrations? It's actually not as bad as you make it out to be. <font color="red">I don't agree. When the dollar is losing value at the present rate, and China, which owns a huge protion of our debt, starts talking about pulling investment out of this country, I don't think the stock market numbers rule the show. It is a fact, that Americans are using their credit cards to make ends meet. Not the pool, either, the middle class, and even upper middle class. </font color>

And as far as taking things out of context, I have to because your rants are so long it is impossible to respond to all of it.
<font color="red">Yeah, well maybe you should go back to just preaching the bible, instead of debating with me, because over twelve trillion dollars of debt, isn't AVERAGE, for any time, compared to anything, just FYI. </font color>

Wally_in_Cincy
11-08-2007, 01:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> I don't agree. <hr /></blockquote>

Did you look up the numbers comparing the deficit to GDP?

maybe you should go back to just preaching the bible, <hr /></blockquote>

if you insist /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

<font color="red"> Let not your heart be troubled," He said; "ye believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. </font color>

Hope that doesn't burn your corneas. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif