PDA

View Full Version : Pool instructor / lessons

Casey
11-06-2007, 11:42 PM
Here's a post I shouldn't get bashed for (unlike another one that I won't mention...Ahem)

Anyway, as I might have said I was a pretty decent player as a kid (for a kid) which was a while ago and I haven't played much at all for the last 15 years or so. I've decided to try to become as good a player as I can (as good as I can be without my girlfriend leaving me b/c I spend more time with a pool table than her). Since I am going to have to relearn everything, I thought now would be a great time to start lessons, before I have any bad habits to have to change.
I might as well learn it right the first time.
I'm having trouble finding someone local to me though and the pool hall just said "join our league", which I would like to do AFTER I become a decent enough player.

Anyone know of a good instructor in Maryland? I found one guy on Craigslist but he is too far.
I found a guy listed on the BCA website named Joseph Logan which is listed as being in the same city as me (Frederick) but the email address wasn't valid.

Just thought I would see if anyone knew this guy or of someone else who would be good to learn from.
Thanks

av84fun
11-07-2007, 02:13 AM
Do yourself a favor and contact Scott Lee at poolology@aol.com.

He's one of the best and travles a lot so your chances of hooking up with him are pretty good.

Regards,
Jim

pooltchr
11-07-2007, 05:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote av84fun:</font><hr> Do yourself a favor and contact Scott Lee at poolology@aol.com.

He's one of the best and travles a lot so your chances of hooking up with him are pretty good.

Regards,
Jim <hr /></blockquote>
I believe Scott is traveling around the northeast this week...it might be a good time to get with him. You won't be sorry.
Steve

Casey
11-07-2007, 01:09 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote av84fun:</font><hr> Do yourself a favor and contact Scott Lee at poolology@aol.com.

Regards,
Jim <hr /></blockquote>
I believe Scott is traveling around the northeast this week...it might be a good time to get with him. You won't be sorry.
Steve <hr /></blockquote>
damn....Unfortunately I wasn't looking to start anything until about the 1st of the new year or so due to finances.
Which sucks because it seems everyone here thinks he is very very good.

pooltchr
11-07-2007, 07:08 PM
Get in touch with him and find out his schedule...he seems to hit the east coast every 3 or 4 months.
Steve

Scott Lee
11-08-2007, 05:18 AM
Hi Casey...I'd be happy to work with you. I'm in NYC/NJ/CT right now, but I'll be back in MD in March, right after the Super Billiards Expo. PM or email me your contact information, so we can stay in touch, and we'll get together then!

Scott Lee
email: poolology@aol.com

Casey
11-08-2007, 11:34 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> Hi Casey...I'd be happy to work with you. I'm in NYC/NJ/CT right now, but I'll be back in MD in March, right after the Super Billiards Expo. PM or email me your contact information, so we can stay in touch, and we'll get together then!

Scott Lee
email: poolology@aol.com <hr /></blockquote>

Thanks! I had been looking for your website....

KellyStick
11-10-2007, 08:10 AM
Yep, you didn't get bashed. Some others really didn't get bashed either, Ahem. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

randyg
11-12-2007, 07:50 AM
I have a school schedule in Rockville, Md this June. I think Scott Lee will be with me.

A BCA Instructor in Fredrick is a Craig Olson. His email ios

dishcrazy@msn.com

Thanks....randyg

Casey
11-13-2007, 11:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote randyg:</font><hr> I have a school schedule in Rockville, Md this June. I think Scott Lee will be with me.

A BCA Instructor in Fredrick is a Craig Olson. His email ios

dishcrazy@msn.com

Thanks....randyg <hr /></blockquote>

Thanks for the info, I will PM you about the school in June. I'm going to meet with Scott in March.

Have you ever met Craig Olson? I had gotten his email address off the BCA website but it wasn't valid (different address I think)

Casey
11-13-2007, 11:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote KellyStick:</font><hr> Yep, you didn't get bashed. Some others really didn't get bashed either, Ahem. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>

yeah well I think you went soo far trying to say you didn't want to offend anyone that you shot yourself in the foot.
Oh, well who needs feet anyway, right?

Have you had your lesson with Scott yet?

randyg
11-13-2007, 12:37 PM
Yes, Craig is a personal friend of mine....randyg