PDA

View Full Version : Here's a little Sample Of Iraq War Contractors

Gayle in MD
11-07-2007, 11:21 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rep-louise-slaughter/a-story-ignored-body-arm_b_71524.html

You can research the FACTS in this story for yourself. since some here are too dumb to click on the links provided within the story. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Also, NEW RULE, If you believe Bush didn't lie about the necessity to invade Iraq, or that the White House wasn't involved in outing a covert CIA agent, Or that the Cheney and Bush families aren't going to ultimately make billions upon billions off the war in Iraq, or, that a man can live inside a whale, please, refrain from asking me for PROOF, and do your own research. I've already done mine. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Deeman3
11-07-2007, 11:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr>
Also, NEW RULE/ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Sorry, just because it works for Bill Maher, doesn't mean you can establish New Rules on the Forum. Commandant Hillary has not bestowed that right on you yet. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif</font color>

Gayle in MD
11-07-2007, 11:38 AM
LOL, I don't even know who I'm going to vote for, FYI, but my dream would be an Independent, libertarian, without ties to either side, or to the Christain Coalition. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

SKennedy
11-07-2007, 02:54 PM
Queen Gayle has Spoken! Just like Oz!

New Rule from Gayle...If you don't agree with me, then take your ball and go home! All neo-con, conservative, southern christians are to be put to death immediately! (By the way Gayle...Has moveon.org sent that to Hillary yet as her new platform?)

Wally_in_Cincy
11-07-2007, 03:37 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> If you believe ... that a man can live inside a whale, <hr /></blockquote>

Find a new schtick Gayle. That one's getting stale.

Gayle in MD
11-08-2007, 10:40 AM
It's a bit more like if you're in complete denial of the FACTS, don't expect me to debate with you.

I'm against killing, FYI. That's a Republican hobby. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Gayle in MD
11-08-2007, 10:43 AM
Yes, you've been saying that for years, right? But I suppose you think you're being original?

Find someone else to preach to, Wally. My stats are better than yours, read the archives.

Wally_in_Cincy
11-08-2007, 10:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> My stats are better than yours, read the archives. <hr /></blockquote>

No thank you.

Or better yet, when you decide to actually answer a tough question I will go back and read your "evidence".

SKennedy
11-08-2007, 04:31 PM
I'm a Republican so I'm all for war and killing people? I don't like killing either, and I don't like war. But, both will be with us forever and always. I'll be more than happy to protect myself, my family, and my way of life....if that means going to war or killing someone who is about to try to kill me or my family/friends, etc., then so be it. The day someone tries to kill you or your husband and means it, will be the day you change your mind about being vs killing.
Otherwise, I'm against killing (legal hunting excluded).

eg8r
11-08-2007, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Here's a little Sample Of Iraq War Contractors <hr /></blockquote> I have not read the huffy post but I wanted to check with those who have. Was there any mention of Feinstein stuffing her own pockets by these war contractors? Why does the huffy post ignore Feinstein and allow her to stuff her pockets?

eg8r

bamadog
11-08-2007, 07:25 PM
Because she has the inoculating "D" behind her name.

LWW
11-09-2007, 04:41 AM
Ah yes, the magic (D).

It has absolved most of the DNC ... otherwise how could they claim to be the most moral congress in history?

Gayle is the ultimate cherry picker and massager of data ... but then look who she's carrying water for.

LWW

Chopstick
11-09-2007, 07:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr> Ah yes, the magic (D).

It has absolved most of the DNC ... otherwise how could they claim to be the most moral congress in history?

<hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">
Hell, maybe I need to get me one of them.

Chopstick(D)

What do ya think? Does it make me look fat? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
</font color>

DickLeonard
11-09-2007, 08:02 AM
Eg8r borrowing a line from LWW why hasn't she been indicted, so don't bring that stuff up. No arrests give us the proof.$$$$

DickLeonard
11-09-2007, 08:07 AM
Skennedy that was GeorgiePorgies trick don't put that on Gayle. Her thinking hasn't changed since she started posting, she is smart enuff to know We the People have lost to We the Corporations.####

Gayle in MD
11-09-2007, 11:06 AM
And I'm against policies that justifiy killing the wrong people under false pretenses, when there is no immediate threat to me or my family, while ignoring the real threats. I'm also against Nation Building, and financing despots in the Middle East, a Republican Policy, which has caused the deaths and destruction of hundreds of thousands of people, at the very least, maybe even more, and also gave birth to many of the fanatics whom we must now try to kill, or be killed by. I have no use for a President who says he doesn['t even think about a man who created an attack on our shores, and didn't bother to heed warnings that came well in advance, and well in time to stop them.

We have no business forming our foreign polcies around what is best for Isreal. We ignore those countries, like Saudi Arabia, who have put the screws to us over and over, and are still doing so right now. We made a big mistake when we decided to jump into bed with despots like Saddam, a Reagan policy, btw, which was implimented by the NEOCONS, who pushed for the occupation of Iraq, after pushing for supporting him.

I'
m against spreading weapons all over the world, while at the same time, trying to pick and chose who gets them, and who doesn't. We shoudn't be sending, selling or manufacturing weaponry, for any other country, and particularly not for potential fundalmentalist radicals, or guerilla groups, who are the enemy of our enemies. In the long run, such people end up being part of our problems, not part of any solutions.

Republican foreign policy has devastated our country, IMO. I don't believe in cowboy diplomacy, which is implemented to benefit corporate interests, under false pretenses, and which spills only the blood of the poor and Middle Class, by and large. IOW, I am against Republicans, as is most of this country. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in Md.

wolfdancer
11-09-2007, 01:35 PM
Dick, although I like Di Fi, as she was known in the Bay Area, her husband Richard Blum has made mucho money on defense contracts, and I think Dianne should have given up her post, on the appropriations committee, long before she did....it does seem like a conflict of interests...I guess in the interest of fair play, she should have made sure that contract was awarded to someone hand picked by Bush instead, as some 90% of the largesse is awarded.
I'm sure though the Republicans would have strung her up by the balls if they could pin anything on her, without indicting supporters of their own party.

bamadog
11-09-2007, 01:46 PM
Well that is certainly taking a strong and principled stand against corruption.

"Hang the Republicans!" but absolve the Dems," because after all they're only acting like Republicans".

Do you want to take a guess as to which party has been invovled in nearly 80% of the criminal offences committed by US Congresssmen over the last 30 years?

wolfdancer
11-09-2007, 02:03 PM
wonder why the dynamic duo keeps replying to me?...I don't bother to read, nor reply to the El Dub-ious crap they put out here...it's not only fiction, it's bad fiction. (Imo)...but it's a big hit, I guess, over on AZB?????????????

Gayle in MD
11-09-2007, 02:46 PM
I don't respond to myth, either, and in fact, I scroll past all their posts, now that I've read a few of them, very few.

I'm on a high this week, now I've seen the beginning of the Bushwacking that is about to commence, only this time, he's going to be on the recieving end. We're celebrating the overturn of his Veto. In fact, a local restraurant is having a F-Bush happy hour tonight, and the bar tender has created a new Martini called Fool Aid, to celebrate the overturn, get it? LMAO!

Yeah, and they're having the dancing Tinkie Winkies, with handbags, and carrying effigies of Falwell, and Roberts, holding babies with Bush masks, long devil tails, and pitchforks.

I'm wearing my Laura Bush Christmas dress costume, ugly red damask curtains, with a curtain rod across the shoulders, and a bobbleheaded, smiling, plastic Laura head, battery powered, of course.

A guy from my team is bringing Anne Coulter, a broom stick, with a blond wig, and a blow up bra, sporting a huge adams apple.

I'll let you know who wins the prize! They're serving neobiscuits, a southren recipe, I hear. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Gayle in MD
11-09-2007, 02:49 PM
Not as smart as you, dear. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

bamadog
11-09-2007, 02:55 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> I don't bother to read, nor reply to the El Dub-ious crap they put out here...it's not only fiction, it's bad fiction. (Imo)
<hr /></blockquote>

You can't stop talking about El Dub!
You just don't have the guts to engage him.
Instead you run around whining about how you just want the big meanie to go away.

wolfdancer
11-09-2007, 04:33 PM
Gayle, that's your funniest post so far....thanks for the laugh.....stops the "blood from boiling'...mine boils just seeing they are still here..
Like you, I scroll on by...just wish there was a feature like there is on some stock message boards...where you can put a particular annoying poster on ignore, and their posts won't even show up on your screen.
It comes down to personal choice though...I don't like them, nor anything they write...but they were #1 over on AZB, and I guess they must be building up a fan base here with their "incisive commentary" ...it's slow going , but then they are an acquired taste, like Castor Oil ...even produces the same effect

eg8r
11-10-2007, 09:11 PM
You have nothing to say to lww's posts but you are able to copy them and use them as you please. So, what we have learned is that even though you don't like it when he says that to you, you like to use it on someone else.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
11-11-2007, 09:08 AM
Well friend, you need only practice. I've beome quite good at scrolling by. I view it as an act of self-love, lol. You know when I'm out walking, or running, I do stop to pick up paper trash, but I refuse to pick up dog ****!

/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

moblsv
11-11-2007, 09:20 AM
http://boardutah.com/iraq.html

hondo
11-11-2007, 10:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SKennedy:</font><hr> I'm a Republican so I'm all for war and killing people? I don't like killing either, and I don't like war. But, both will be with us forever and always. I'll be more than happy to protect myself, my family, and my way of life....if that means going to war or killing someone who is about to try to kill me or my family/friends, etc., then so be it. The day someone tries to kill you or your husband and means it, will be the day you change your mind about being vs killing.
Otherwise, I'm against killing (legal hunting excluded). <hr /></blockquote>

Oh, please! Your post is what is wrong with the so-called neo-cons imho.
We are at war with people who did NOT start a war with us and 1000s &amp;1000s of innocent people are dying;we're getting trillions of dollars in debt and Bush &amp; Cheney's cronies are getting filthy stinking rich.
Most Americans have figured that out but there's that 25% who can't seem to comprehend this. Why?

hondo
11-11-2007, 10:05 AM
Wolfie, as I predicted, AZ NPF is dead.
Political posts are pretty much gone.

wolfdancer
11-11-2007, 02:03 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SKennedy
11-11-2007, 02:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> Why? <hr /></blockquote>
I can speculate but I'm sure you would not agree with my answer. So why don't you just go ahead and tell us. That way, you can sound just like the exact counter-part to LWW.

hondo
11-11-2007, 07:45 PM
I wouldn't have asked if I knew.
I find it mystifying that Americans
can look at our occupation of Iraq
with such totally different viewpoints.
I already explained in my post what I think.
Not sure what you want here? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

wolfdancer
11-12-2007, 12:47 AM
Hondo, just rented the DVD "No end in Sight"....about our involvement in the war. I haven't watched it yet...but as the cover says
"watch this...get your friends to watch it....talk about it...argue about it...and then call someone.."
anybody know LWW's number?
"The most important movie you are likely to see this year" Richard Shickel, Time"
One thing that has never come up in the discussions about this war...we've been yelling out against it....never have seen anyone post the reasons for it????
Was OBL secretly an Iraqi double agent? That why the Bros. were doing business in Texas?
WMD's in Iraq?...we ain't found them yet, but we also ain't found Amelia Earhart's plane, and ain't figured out where Jimmy Hoffa is buried yet.
we been looking for Amelia and Jimmy for a long time now...and only 7 years into the WMD search....just need a little more time....

hondo
11-12-2007, 07:21 AM
LWWs number? 1-800-know-it-all. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Gayle in MD
11-12-2007, 09:02 AM
What they want is for the rest of the country, to do as they do, deny the lies, incompetence, and failures which this administration is responsible for, and their disasterous results, for the worl. Ignore the repulsive Republican exploitation of shocked and grieving Americans, and buy into tthe Republican News-speak, designed to reverse meanings of english words, to advance a fog of deception, through which our, shall we say, less discriminating countrymen from the right are unable to penetrate, or understand.

This has been the republican game for decades, now, and they have developed it into an art form, as I'm sure you already know, being savvy to this dangerous party, paticularly being a school teacher, and therefore, right on the front lines of "No Child Left Behind" True meaning? "Every Child Left Behind".

A never ending War On Terror, has proved to be quite enriching for certain well connected Republican owned corporations, but we're not supposed to reference the obvious implications regarding Halliburton, The Carlyle Group, Blackwater, and all their other oft overlooked subsidiaries, also connected to the right wing neocons, and their supportive media fellow shareholders, all belonging to the millionaire's, and billionaire's club, or as I like to call them, those tax exempt wealthy Americans and their supportive, seductive Christian Fundalmentalists.

A never ending War On Terror, terror actually being a tactic, not a country, will allow countless years of riches for the neocons, and plenty of time to achieve what they occupied Iraq to achieve, oil contracts for their own, in a war in which they will arrange to keep their own children far fro, danger.

Such idiotic implications as Saddam, allowing any al Qaeda operative inside his country, totally absurd, btw, and the color ogance, used as a constant flag for fear, and of course, the right wing Republican corporate fascist media, largely Jewish owned, with certain interests in Isreal, we've been distracted from the complete high-jacking of our entire country's treasure, by neocon fascists, who use the identical same language methods as were once used by Russia, and Germany, and used precisely as Orwell predicted, through fiction, and other literary works.

These same methods have been quickly learned by the authoritarian lovers, or sheep, as I like to call them, /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif and hence, those of us who understand that terrorists, are not a nation, not a country, and not a particular location, hence, a War On Terror,is an incorrect metaphor, and that most of the psychological effects of fear have been exploited against us by this administration, much more so than by terrorists, during these last seven years.

The right, people like SKennedy, to be exact, embrace all those same methods. They re-define the word, torture, deny independent investigations, ignore treasonist actions, and are capabel of taking these methods to the extreme, even as far as to suggest that a covert operative, was nothing more than a secretary, and that a civil war, was not actually a civil war, nor is this recent escalation of Bush's non existant War On Terror really an escalation, but a simple surge, or to use Condi's lying words, an AUGMENTATION! They live by the word of their Republican Leaders, and hate mongering tactics, calling War Heroes, traitors, and insisting that if we don't support him, and his policies, we're all for the terrorists. We're raving, angry, radical, miserable, dangerous elements, and if we don't sign up to this idiotic neverending wars plan, and agree to continue to line the pockets of the rich, with blood money, we aren't supporting the troops, whom he hides from view, without even a ceremony for their returning flag draped coffins, and for whom he has refused to spend enough money for protective equipment, leaving them to rot with rats and roaches as they heal from their wounds, in a limbo of bureaucratic Republican incompetence which has obscured military progress throughout the Republican Bush Attack on the United States Of America, its rights, its freedoms, and its laws and honor.

It is now far past time for those of us who have watched this Republican Neocon/Fundalmentalist Fascist Attack on America, to get angry with those republican sheep who have bought into the propaganda, and who have sought to slander those of us who objected, from the outset.

BTW, friend, the movie Wolfdancer mentioned should be viewed by as many as possible. Also, the book, "What Orwell Didn't Know" which addressed the real threat to our country, Republican Ideology, lies, propaganda, orwellian tactics, and fascist goals.

"When Fascism comes, it comes with a smile, holding a cross."

Gayle in Md.

Stay angry!

SKennedy
11-12-2007, 10:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> The right, people like SKennedy, to be exact, embrace all those same methods. They re-define the word, torture, deny independent investigations, ignore treasonist actions, and are capabel of taking these methods to the extreme, even as far as to suggest that a covert operative, was nothing more than a secretary, and that a civil war, was not actually a civil war, nor is this recent escalation of Bush's non existant War On Terror really an escalation, but a simple surge, or to use Condi's lying words, an AUGMENTATION! They live by the word of their Republican Leaders, and hate mongering tactics, calling War Heroes, traitors, and insisting that if we don't support him, and his policies, we're all for the terrorists. <hr /></blockquote>

Gayle, you don't know me for sh*&amp;! If you were to go back and read my posts, you would see I may have partially argued the civil war thing (not about Iraq but Vietman), but I have not proffered an opinion on any of the other items you attribute to me. In another recent thread, Deeman posted a message about you that was absolutely true. However, I felt a slight tinge of sympathy for you. That sympathy is now gone since you have the audacity to single me out and put words in my mouth on subjects I have not posted about. Plame? I could care less one way or the other and have no opinion on the matter, other than to say her "outing" has made her better known than she ever deserved. I also have not provided an opinion on torture, other than maybe something meant tongue in cheek. You make a lot of incorrect assumptions, not just about politics, but about people too.
You have just proven Deeman right in his post about you.

"Stay Angry?" Your problem is that you are angry at too many people and about too many things....to the point that innocents also get caught in your anger!
I may not be innocent, but I'm also not the person you portray me to be.

wolfdancer
11-12-2007, 12:49 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in MD
11-12-2007, 02:38 PM
Unbelievable! What a waste! /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Gayle in MD
11-12-2007, 03:15 PM
Deeman? Deeman, who believes that people were not capable of compassion, and empathy, until Christianity showed up? You, didn't accuse me of being some dangerous radical element?

I'm asking you, why aren't you angry about Bush and cheney being involved in a plan to discredit Joe Wilson, after he exposed their lies? This is the issue, as far as I'm concerned. Why are people from the right, perfectly OK with a President, sending our people to die, and leaving them in a civiol war, which, BTW, his corporate cronies are raking in the billions with his no bid contracts, which in some cases are endangering our troops. Why aren't you angry about our people being sent over there on the front lines, without proper equipment? Why don't you care about our country, torturing people, in secret, spying on Americans, in secret?

Deeman, who loves to call abortion, baby killing? Deeman, who posts as though if one does not support Bush's policies, they are terrorist lovers? Right, poor Deeman, he's been so insulted.

America, was not created in order for Christians, to take political action, to achieve a Christian dictatorship here in this country. And George Bush, has no right to lie to the American people, and use FEAR, to foment his failed policies, as he operates behind the scenes, and outside our laws.

Innocent? Nobody who voted for George Bush, is innocent, IMO. Nobody, who thinks they have the right to impose their religious beliefs on others, is innocent, and no body who thinks they have a right to dictate what women can and cannot do with their bodies, is innocent.

Also, Deeman's rant was way off. I never discussed anything about how he makes his money, I have referred only to the corporations which have been spreading poison in our environment, illegally, for decades, and supporting a certain political party's ideology, with only their bottom line in mind, and no care or interest in anything other than their bottom line. This country has been taken over by despots like Cheney, and Bush, who are in bed with the most irresponsible corporate fascists in this country, and hence, we are killing people in Iraq, and our troops are dying, Not because terrorists were there, not because Saddam had WMD's, and not because they made getting bin Laden, and al Qaeda their first priority after they attack our country, but for no other reason than for Bush and Cheney's corporate fascists to get their oil contracts from Iraq, instead of facing the issues that go along with our foreign dependency on oil, and getting the people who killed three thousand people, SIX YEARS AGO.

I don't care what you, or Deeman, think about me. I don't want my country, and our troops, to be ruined, and killed, so that Bush and Cheney's oil cronies can continue to gouge the American Public, and get subsidized while they're doing it, with my tax dollars.

Just let a few bucks go to ill children, instead of to the corporate fascists in this country, and the right on this site go burzerk! Just let teenagers get educated about sex, or a family make a provate decision to pull the tubes from a brain dead woman, and the Christian right, is right up there pushing their screwed up BS into the personal private matters, of others.

I've had it with the so called Christians, in the Republican party, who are for torture, and against their money going for better education, medicine for the ill, and money for ill children. Frankly they make me sick, along with their incompetence, and their lies, especially when they arrogantly call others ignorant, because we didn't drink the Republican kool aid, while surely there comes no humiliation for the colossal mess they've made of virtually everything. /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

SKennedy
11-12-2007, 04:03 PM
You only prove our point. Obviously, you are the one with the bad hair day(s).

You ask me why I'm not angry? Why ask me anything when you already know so much about me? If you really were to read our posts and give them as much thought as you do writing your own, you would not attribute many of the negative things you say about some of us participating on this forum. Instead, you prefer to lump us all together. Furthermore, when you attack one of us, like Deeman, you jump all over the place with subjects that have not been discussed in these threads since I've been participating...example is abortion....Where did that come from?
You still have not addressed why you credit me with certain beliefs and opinions when I've never shared them with you or anyone else on this forum. If you are a mind-reader, you suck! I certainly don't have a problem with you or anyone else on here providing their own opinions, but I don't appreciate it when you start telling me and others on here what my opinions are when you don't know. Your assumptions make you look like an ass!
Now, go fix your hair!

Gayle in MD
11-12-2007, 05:01 PM
That's right, you haven't been here as long as I have, and you think you're being targeted, at times when you're not. I don't know your postition on abortion. I was atlking about Deeman, who calls it baby killing. I'm talking about war profiteering, on the blood of our soldiers. Is that OKO with you?

Why not address some of the issues in a thread, for a change, and try to grasp the fact that you haven't been here throughout the life of this forum. Do you approve of war profiteering? Got any of the documentation on how much money has been wasted in Iraq? Got the numbers of the funding that Bush cut out of his no child left behind BS? He's robbing this country, to save his legacy. Got any trouble about that? Any problems about our troops not having decent protection from the roadside bombs, after four F-ing years?

Chill out, you wern't the target of the comment about abortion. I thought you knew, I was talking about Deeman, and his continuing use of the term Baby Killing, instead of abortion.

Sorry if I wan't clear.

The hair is fine, btw, however, the Middle East on on the verge of regional war. Any concerns about that?

SKennedy
11-12-2007, 05:48 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SKennedy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> The right, people like SKennedy, to be exact, embrace all those same methods. They re-define the word, torture, deny independent investigations, ignore treasonist actions, and are capabel of taking these methods to the extreme, even as far as to suggest that a covert operative, was nothing more than a secretary, and that a civil war, was not actually a civil war, nor is this recent escalation of Bush's non existant War On Terror really an escalation, but a simple surge, or to use Condi's lying words, an AUGMENTATION! They live by the word of their Republican Leaders, and hate mongering tactics, calling War Heroes, traitors, and insisting that if we don't support him, and his policies, we're all for the terrorists. <hr /></blockquote>

But Gayle...you did target me...see above....and then stated my "beliefs." ".....like SKennedy, to be exact, embrace all those....[and then throw in all the worse stuff you can think of in here].."

And yes, I have not been on this site as long as you and I have not been on this earth as long as you....so what? I don't mind being targeted, just make sure it is true and accurate. If you want the low-down, just call my wife. You think I get those e-mails about "enlargements" by coincidence? Dang woman can't keep her mouth shut!

And Deeman's prior post about the rally was a joke.
And, I glad to hear that your hair is doing well.

SKennedy
11-12-2007, 05:50 PM
P.S.

The middle east on the verge of regional war? Bother me? ...Yes! However, what else is new....it's been that way since at least recorded history.

eg8r
11-12-2007, 06:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was atlking about Deeman, who calls it baby killing. <hr /></blockquote> I agree, abortion is baby killing.

eg8r

SKennedy
11-12-2007, 09:48 PM
I'm sorry Hondo....I got a little confused there (won't be last time). Still fighting a battle with someone else I guess. Again, I'm sorry!
My thoughts on Iraq....we are there, regardless of the reasons. To just leave now would be the worst thing we could do. We stay and work to leave Iraq in the hands of a bona-fide Iraqi government that can operate with some measure of efficiency. And, we get out as soon as possible and as painlessly as possible. It won't be easy or painless, but e sacrifices that have already been paid are too great to just vacate and abandon now. Any one with any logic may say otherwise for political points, but they know better too. Hence the backpedaling on when they would pull out troops, etc. Which is why the Sheehans of this world are so pissed off!

Gayle in MD
11-13-2007, 07:53 AM
I don't think so. Unrest, yes, but not this present threat of complete regoinal war. Both Iran, and Saudi Arabia have been involved in the battle in Iraq from the beginning. Pakistan, Turkey, Syria, Isreal, it's easire to name a country that hasn't been battling of late, than all those which have become more unstable. Does anyone from the right notice that this present circumstance is precisely what experts warned Bush about?

As for my other post, you are right, I did not make myself clear. I don't hear you answering my questions, but I'm disappointed that your posts don't show any acknowledgment of the failed on-going Republican policies, and the damage they have brought to our country. Also, hard for me to believe that you think the top 2500 Scientists from all over the world, don't know what they're talking about when it comes to the role that humans play in global warming.

Do you believe this war is about oil? Do you believe that this administration should be allowed tohol energy meetings, on our national policy, in secret? Do you think it's right, that they censor the scientific studies, that we pay for?

Gayle in Md.

Chopstick
11-13-2007, 08:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Pakistan, Turkey, Syria, Isreal, it's easire to name a country that hasn't been battling of late, than all those which have become more unstable.
<hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">Kazakhstan! We are number one!</font color>

http://cientifica.eu/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/borat-flag-770131.jpg

SKennedy
11-13-2007, 09:40 AM
Excellent response to Gayle's post.....Just as logical. I'll say one thing for Gayle....she never quits throwing that "left" jab.
Top 2500 of the world's scientists???? I can name others, who are actual weather experts and not just general "scientists", who would disagree. The meteoroligist who actually started the Weather Channel over 18 years ago would disagree. We hear the media talk about Arctic ice melting? What about record ice thicknesses in the Antartic? Read about melting ice uncovering tree trunks in the Arctic? How did the trees get there in the first place? Know how Greenland got its name? Actual historical data (ice core samples, plant materials, etc.) indicates a general 1500 year weather cycle. Do we realize the power of the sun and its influence on our planet? As an avid duck hunter, the issue of global warming is very important to me. This is the worst early season of duck hunting so far I have ever experienced in this part of the country and it is due to warm temps. However, I do not believe it is from man-made causes.

DickLeonard
11-13-2007, 09:49 AM
SKennedy this #### doesn't go duckhunting with ####.####

SKennedy
11-13-2007, 09:53 AM
Not sure I understand your reply.

Gayle in MD
11-13-2007, 10:28 AM
Are you denying that Bush's invasion of Iraq, has further destablized the Middle East, emboldened our enemies, and created a quagmire, which is costing Americans a fortune in life and treasure?

Also, in your scientific opinion, do you think that toxins in our environment have no affect on life in the world? The healther of our planet, its insects, animals and people?

SKennedy
11-13-2007, 11:29 AM
"Also, in your scientific opinion, do you think that toxins in our environment have no affect on life in the world? The healther of our planet, its insects, animals and people?"

Of course toxins have an affect. I perform assessment activities to determine if toxins are present and if present their concentrations within the environment, complete risk assessments to determine actual risks to the environment and human health, and design remediation systems and projects to remove the toxins, if necessary. Global warming is a different matter.

I never lied to you about what I do for a living....and I've been doing it for a long time.

As for your 1st paragraph. Ever clean out a messy, cluttered garage? You make a much bigger mess before you are finished.

Gayle in MD
11-13-2007, 12:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you denying that Bush's invasion of Iraq, has further destablized the Middle East, emboldened our enemies, and created a quagmire, which is costing Americans a fortune in life and treasure?

<hr /></blockquote> /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

SKennedy
11-13-2007, 01:08 PM
I answered your question...see last portion of my previous post for my little analogy....not that I mean to compare the 2 things. I guess my answer would be No! I am not denying that it is a mess. It is a mess. The only debate is....where do we go from here?

wolfdancer
11-13-2007, 02:05 PM
I hear Haliburton is going to change their name to
"Cost Plus"

SKennedy
11-13-2007, 02:17 PM
Anyone in business knows that's the best way to work for the goverment....on a cost-plus basis, regardless of which administration is in the White House and which party controls the house or senate. The more you spend, the more you make. Yet, the powers to be can't figure that out? Sure they can. But the incentive is to allow it to continue...along with everything else....

Note to Gayle:
As you can see by this post Gayle, I too have complaints about our government and have shared these thoughts on here before. However, I just don't blame all ills on only 1 party. And, in my opinion, I belong to the party that is the lessor of 2 evils, at this moment. Am I happy with my party? No! But the alternative is worse. And will be as long as the left has control of it.

wolfdancer
11-13-2007, 02:25 PM
War, corruption, economic chaos, etc, etc.....
is the lesser of two evils?
Well then, let's hope the greater of the two never gets elected to power
What are your greater fears, if the "left" gets elected...more taxes, more entitlement programs, national health care, and an end to the war?

SKennedy
11-13-2007, 02:46 PM
An end to war is always a good thing.....as for the other 3 things listed....yes, they do scare me.

I'm an optimistic person for the most part. If Hillary is elected, we'll survive. Our checks and balances system of government, compliments of our founding fathers, will help insure that we do....just like Gayle survived these last 7 years. Unfortunately, when it comes to any war, real people do not survive....and sometimes it's the really unlucky ones who survive.

Deeman3
11-13-2007, 02:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Deeman? Deeman, who believes that people were not capable of compassion, and empathy, until Christianity showed up? You, didn't accuse me of being some dangerous radical element? <font color="blue"> I never said Christianity did any of this. Sometimes faith was based on stars or nature but all has some sort of supreme being in the culture. I said, people were motivated by early faith, Christianity did not show up until very late but people's belief in something higher than themselves did bring about moral guidelines, many of we are still guided by today. </font color>

Deeman, who loves to call abortion, baby killing? Deeman, who posts as though if one does not support Bush's policies, they are terrorist lovers? Right, poor Deeman, he's been so insulted. <font color="blue"> I do support abortion rights, although I do have to hold my nose while doing so. I do believe they are humans, not waste tissue. </font color>

America, was not created in order for Christians, to take political action, to achieve a Christian dictatorship here in this country. <font color="blue"> No one has or is advocating a Christian dictatorship. You are juust being dislusional as usual. </font color> And George Bush, has no right to lie to the American people, and use FEAR, to foment his failed policies, as he operates behind the scenes, and outside our laws. <font color="blue"> If this were in any way true, Nancy and crew would be dragging him into proceedings as we speak and you know this. Again, you don't give grief to Obama for going to church and professiing faith and spiritual guidance but somehow see Bush's as intrusion into government. </font color>

Innocent? Nobody who voted for George Bush, is innocent, IMO. <font color="blue"> Sour grapes again. Remember, you'll soon get your time with Hillary. Don't blow it this time. </font color> Nobody, who thinks they have the right to impose their religious beliefs on others, is innocent, and no body who thinks they have a right to dictate what women can and cannot do with their bodies, is innocent. <font color="blue"> and no one who forces their secular beliefs on others is innocent. </font color>

Also, Deeman's rant was way off. I never discussed anything about how he makes his money, <font color="blue"> You lumped several os us in the same paragraph with accusations of corruption as if we support and defend such practices when you will support corruption, moral and otherwise as long as the candiodate is yours. </font color> I have referred only to the corporations which have been spreading poison in our environment, illegally, for decades, and supporting a certain political party's ideology, with only their bottom line in mind, and no care or interest in anything other than their bottom line. This country has been taken over by despots like Cheney, and Bush, who are in bed with the most irresponsible corporate fascists in this country, and hence, we are killing people in Iraq, and our troops are dying, Not because terrorists were there, not because Saddam had WMD's, and not because they made getting bin Laden, and al Qaeda their first priority after they attack our country, but for no other reason than for Bush and Cheney's corporate fascists to get their oil contracts from Iraq, instead of facing the issues that go along with our foreign dependency on oil, and getting the people who killed three thousand people, SIX YEARS AGO. <font color="blue">Those who have been caught are being prosecuted. Do you advocate prosecution based on your rants? or could we have evidence outside your media reads? </font color>

I don't care what you, or Deeman, think about me. <font color="blue">Didn't think you did, the feeling is mutual. </font color> I don't want my country, and our troops, to be ruined, and killed, so that Bush and Cheney's oil cronies can continue to gouge the American Public, and get subsidized while they're doing it, with my tax dollars.

Just let a few bucks go to ill children, instead of to the corporate fascists in this country, and the right on this site go burzerk! <font color="blue"> A few bucks? Have you read the budget? Get real for once.</font color> Just let teenagers get educated about sex, <font color="blue"> children don't have cule about sex education today? They have babys because they are not aware of what causes them or how to prevent pregnency. Even Democratic kids are not that dumb! </font color> or a family make a provate decision to pull the tubes from a brain dead woman, and the Christian right, is right up there pushing their screwed up BS into the personal private matters, of others. <font color="blue">I believe the family was on both sides of this issue, why was your side right? </font color>

I've had it with the so called Christians, in the Republican party, who are for torture, and against their money going for better education, medicine for the ill, and money for ill children. Frankly they make me sick, along with their incompetence, and their lies, especially when they arrogantly call others ignorant, because we didn't drink the Republican kool aid, while surely there comes no humiliation for the colossal mess they've made of virtually everything. /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif <font color="blue"> No one minds you giving all YOUR tax money to these things. Just don't ask us to look the other way while the corrupt system you describe is even more out of control than the wasteful military spending. "No breaucrat left behind" just does not fly any more. Free health care, right! and who is being fooled? /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif</font color>

<hr /></blockquote>

SKennedy
11-13-2007, 03:50 PM
"SKennedy this #### doesn't go duckhunting with ####.####"

Again Dick, not sure what you are implying or saying here?

Gayle in MD
11-14-2007, 06:29 AM
Yes, well, that was prcisely the question that our National Security experts were trying to get this administration to focus on, before the invasion....remove Saddam, and then what. They never bothered to make a plan for that, though, and hence, thousands are now dead, seriously wounded, or refugees.

I do not believe that remaining in Iraq will lead to anything other than another tyrant in charge. Saddam was a bad man, no doubt, probably one of the three worst in history. There were signs, though, that Iraqis were moving toward their path to getting rid of him. This invasion is yet another time when we should have stood back and waited for the moment when we, and other nations, came together to assist those who were ready to make their own efforts for change. But, the neocons were impatient, and their impatience grew out of their true reasons for the invasion, OIL. I suppose there are some people in this country who think that the Bush family, Cheney, Rice, and others in the top 10 Oil arena were not behind this all along, for business purposes, and that no money has, or will come their way as a result of their bloody contracts, but I don't agree. I sick and tired of watching our young people die for the bottom line of the wealthy pigs in this country, for the military industrial complex, for war profiteerers. I still think that they were the ones who killed Jack Kennedy, because he wasn't going to escalate Vietnam, and I find it notable that Nixon was using Cubans to do his dirty work after he was in office, and Oswald, too, had ties to the Cubans.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
11-14-2007, 07:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I never said Christianity did any of this. Sometimes faith was based on stars or nature but all has some sort of supreme being in the culture. I said, people were motivated by early faith, Christianity did not show up until very late but people's belief in something higher than themselves did bring about moral guidelines, many of we are still guided by today.

<hr /></blockquote> <font color="red">I believe you stated that empathy and conscience did not exist before Christianity showed up. </font color>

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="red">They are fetuses, with the potential to become humans. </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

[ QUOTE ]
And George Bush, has no right to lie to the American people, and use FEAR, to foment his failed policies, as he operates behind the scenes, and outside our laws.
----------------------------------------------------------
[ QUOTE ]
<font color="red">You are denying the lies? Denying the secret underhanded methods used by this administration to go around the laws of this country? The illegal methods they use in secret to torture people, ultimately at times, innocent people, against our own historical internation, and national policies and agreements? Their attacks against the Constitutional laws of this land? The hidden government which they have created, and used, in their efforts to enforce their hidden agendas? Their attack against the cornerstone of our democracy, DAYLIGHT, OPEN GOVERNMENT? I'm afraid that you do not consider the fact that Democrats do not have enough numbers to do much about anything, and particularly in the Senate. That is the one reason why these SOB's have gotten away with all their law breaking. Also, I can't stand Obama, FYI, or any other candidate that uses their religious beliefs to cloak themselves in some mythological, heavenly, above the fray, pious identity. I find that whole scene repulsive, and dishonest, when used by any candidate, Democratic, or Republican. I view self serving religious statements, and religious political movements, of any kind, as inappropriate in a country that was to maintain a separation of church and state. </font color> <hr /></blockquote>
If this were in any way true, Nancy and crew would be dragging him into proceedings as we speak and you know this. Again, you don't give grief to Obama for going to church and professiing faith and spiritual guidance but somehow see Bush's as intrusion into government.

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="red"> I am speaking of the Christian Coalition, and their main purpose, which is to deny gey rights, and outlaw abortion. that has been their platform from the start, along with removing sex education, and restoring prayer in the public school system. </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

<hr /></blockquote>

<font color="red">This administration has removed what was formerly known as sex education, and it has now been diluted into a course on abstinence, which leads to higher rates of teen pregnancy, statistically. The also have installed a woman who is against birth control, as head of family planning. If this isn't the iimposition of their religious philosophies on our society, I don't know what is. You do not support abortgion rights, if you vote Republican, sorry, just ain't so.</font color>

, You lumped several os us in the same paragraph with accusations of corruption as if we support and defend such practices when you will support corruption, moral and otherwise as long as the candiodate is yours.

<font color="red">I'm sorry, I was not clear in my statements, and was referring to politicians, not people here, as regards my statements about corporate corruption. I was meaning to say that you support it, not that you, personally, indulge in it.

As for the costs of additional money in s-chip, they are minimal compared to the costs involved in prosecuting this war against a countrywhich did not have any involvment in 9/11, or any other attack on American shores. I'm puzzled often that Republicans never seem to comp0lain about money spent to kill innocent civilians by the billions upon billions, or the corporate corruption that wastes so much of the taxpayers money, billions upon billions, but they are the first out of their seats when government considers spending money to improve the plight of its citizenry. Why is that? Could there be any partisan loyalty involved?

My stance against nation building, and sticking our collective noses into the affairs of other nations, has never been a partisan issues with me, nor has the issue of presidents, and their administrations lying to all of us about anything that involves the sacrifice of our kids on the battlefield. I demonstrated against Lyndon Johnson and his Vietnam policies. I believe he was a Democrat.</font color>

[ QUOTE ]
I have referred only to the corporations which have been spreading poison in our environment, illegally, for decades, and supporting a certain political party's ideology, with only their bottom line in mind, and no care or interest in anything other than their bottom line. This country has been taken over by despots like Cheney, and Bush, who are in bed with the most irresponsible corporate fascists in this country, and hence, we are killing people in Iraq, and our troops are dying, Not because terrorists were there, not because Saddam had WMD's, and not because they made getting bin Laden, and al Qaeda their first priority after they attack our country, but for no other reason than for Bush and Cheney's corporate fascists to get their oil contracts from Iraq, instead of facing the issues that go along with our foreign dependency on oil, and getting the people who killed three thousand people, SIX YEARS AGO. <hr /></blockquote>

[ QUOTE ]
Those who have been caught are being prosecuted. Do you advocate prosecution based on your rants? or could we have evidence outside your media reads?

<hr /></blockquote>

<font color="red">Although it is unclear of whom you are speaking, surely you don't think that the war profiteerers have been prosecuted? Surely you don't think bin Laden has been prosecuted. Framing Iraq as a war on terror is a contradiction in terms. Bush's stated war ideology is a total joke. The term, War On Terror, also a joke. the idieology that prosecuting war in Iraq, will prevent terrorist attack from happening here, is alos a joke. the intention to win elections by scaring Americans, is repulsive, and the same method used by terrorists to get what they want. No president who uses these tactics could be considered a good leader, and all but one Republican candidate, is doing the same damn thing, and particularly Giuliani, a real pos if I've ever seen one, and the absolute worst thing that could happen to this country. In fact, none of the Republican front runners would be good for our future, and although the Democrats aren't worlds better, they are surely not as bad. </font color>

[ QUOTE ]
I believe the family was on both sides of this issue, why was your side right?

<hr /></blockquote>

<font color="red">That does not address the real issue, which is government intervention into personal family affairs, based on the Christian philosophy that every life must be saved, regardless of the suffering, or tragedy involved in doing the compassionate thing, and removing false methods for keeping the person alive. Another case of Bush, and the religious right, trying to use the supreme court to force their eligious ideology on private family issues. </font color>

[ QUOTE ]
No one minds you giving all YOUR tax money to these things. Just don't ask us to look the other way while the corrupt system you describe is even more out of control than the wasteful military spending. <font color="red"> That is debatable. I'd say money is being completely wasted in the Middle East, since it isn't being used to kill bin Laden, or bomb the al Qaeda training facilities, and also, my disgust with the Republican philosophy, is that it is without conscience, or compassion, yet they frame themselves as being in line with the teachings of Jesus. Nothing could be farther from the truth. I certainly laerned that during the discussions here, and on right wing television, after Katrina. </font color> "No breaucrat left behind" <font color="red">bush's philosophy exactly, and they have to be completely incompetenct to get the job, but willing to keep their mouths shut! </font color> just does not fly any more. Free health care, right! and who is being fooled? <font color="red"> I'd much prefer to see our tax money go toward relief from these absurd medical costs, which we all must pay, than to be spending it on trying to force democracy around the world, to people who don't want any part of it. I'd prefer to help the needy in this country, to blowing trillions on Iraqis, who hate us.

WE should have stayed the hell out of the Middle East, in the first place, and let them all kill each other off. Nation building in the land of the cutthroats, full of corruption, is completely absurd. And since you're so worried about bureaucratic spending, I don't suppose you'll be voting Republican?

Gayle in Md. </font color>

<hr /></blockquote>

SKennedy
11-14-2007, 11:07 AM
I pretty much agree with the first half of your comments.

And, imo, you can attribute Kennedy's death to the mob. You are partially right about greed being involved, but it was "mob" related...and not so much about money, but about correcting a misdeed. "Mob" instrumental in getting Kennedy elected. He hires his brother as AG, who then decides he is really going to go after the mob and in eggect declares war on the mob ...what kind of appreciation is that? They had the motive, and more certainly during that time period, had the capability.

bamadog
11-14-2007, 12:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr>
But, the neocons were impatient, and their impatience grew out of their true reasons for the invasion, OIL. I suppose there are some people in this country who think that the Bush family, Cheney, Rice, and others in the top 10 Oil arena were not behind this all along, for business purposes, and that no money has, or will come their way as a result of their bloody contracts, but I don't agree. I sick and tired of watching our young people die for the bottom line of the wealthy pigs in this country, for the military industrial complex, for war profiteerers. I still think that they were the ones who killed Jack Kennedy, because he wasn't going to escalate Vietnam, and I find it notable that Nixon was using Cubans to do his dirty work after he was in office, and Oswald, too, had ties to the Cubans.

Gayle in Md.

<hr /></blockquote>

Now all you need to do is provide some EVIDENCE to support these allegations.
Otherwise, it is just another one in your endless stream of hate filled and delusional rants.

But it's fine, because, obviously no one takes you seriously anyway. If they did, they would be asking you to provide evidence for your many outrageous statements.