PDA

View Full Version : An Independent, Man I wish this were true

Deeman3
11-07-2007, 03:06 PM
CNN’s Lou Dobbs says Americans are in for a “November surprise” next year – voters will elect as president an independent candidate who has not yet entered the race.

The host of “Lou Dobbs Tonight” writes in an online commentary: “One year from now, we will have elected a new president. As eager as I am for that reality, I can’t imagine any one of the current candidates for their party’s nomination being chosen by the American people to lead this nation for the next four years.

“I believe the person elected a year from now will be an independent populist, a man or woman who understands the genius of this country lies in the hearts and minds of its people and not in the prerogatives and power of its elites.”

Dobbs, whose new book is “Independents Day: Awakening the American Spirit,” goes on to say: “I believe that independent Americans will demand a far better choice than any of the candidates now seeking their party’s nomination. I believe next November’s surprise will be the election of a man or woman of great character, vision and accomplishment, a candidate who has not yet entered the race.”

Interestingly, one independent who has been mentioned as a possible presidential candidate is Dobbs himself. A Web site, Lou Dobbs for President, has been spearheading a move to draft the veteran newsman as a presidential candidate in 2008.

The site showed for a time the front page of Newsmax Magazine’s March issue, which featured a cover story about Dobbs, along with this quote from Newsmax’s exclusive interview with the journalist who is on a self-proclaimed crusade to protect America’s borders and jobs:

“I think something on the order of an independent movement will come if these two parties fail the American people again.”

One prominent figure who has been mentioned as a potential independent candidate is New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg. He has repeatedly said he does not intend to enter the race, but as Newsmax reported earlier, he is still said to be seriously considering a bids.

Bloomberg has already changed his party affiliation from Republican to independent. And as recently as Oct. 24, two-time presidential candidate Steve Forbes predicted that former vice president Al Gore will endorse Bloomberg for an independent White House bid – and Bloomberg will return the favor by naming Gore his running mate.

<font color="blue"> While I don't think this is possible and might not pick Bloomberg, I really wish there were alternatives to both sides right now.

There is not one candidate that is running on either side where you would not feel "dirty" after casting a ballot for, in my opinion.

Rudy is too dependent on his past and won't be able to attract enough of the core Republicans.

Hillary will be less like Bill and much more like Carter but with the added ingredient of no moral compass.

Obama is very professorial and intellegent but too honest for any voting block, particularly the Democrats. Could never weather the power wars.

Fred is too lazy to be president and although posturing himself as the next Reagan, he's more like the next Jerry Ford without the pratfalls.

Huckabee is a former preacher, nuf said. He, like Obama, is too honest to make it in the big game.

Edwards is a plant to make Hillary look more moderate but less attractive.

Kucinich, I just can't get over him fighting to get multiple autographs form GWB during the State of the Union. A shorter Ross Peroit with the same ears but a hotter wife.

The rest of the Republicans are too much aligned with faith to get the all important Star Trek vote.

I guess our best path is to elect Clinton as quickly as possible, therefore nearing the end of our competition based economy and let the government give us all that free stuff we "deserve".

Take out a stupid loan, it's not your fault. Didn't save for retirement, take it from those who did. Need a job, give the illegals driver's liscenses and let them do all the work, at least they will vote for entitlements for themselves to the exclusion of citizens. It's open and more honest.

No matter who we elect, we are bound, with the poor candidates avaliable, to get exactly what our Jay Walking nation deserves. I hope the Muslims and Hispanics take better care of their new country in twenty five years than we did.

Steven Colbert may be the best alternative we have. At least his first 50 hours may help Doritos. Anybody seen Nancy lately? /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

</font color>

wolfdancer
11-07-2007, 04:20 PM
I'm leaning towards Fred Thompson. After 7 years of grand larceny on the national level, we could use a little "Law &amp; Order"
If he'd promise to go after the offenders, and veto that Presidential pardon....I'd even donate a few quid to his campaign...
We might have to build us a new Federal Penitentiary to house the criminals.....

Deeman3
11-07-2007, 04:59 PM
If we start prosecuting crime among any of the politicians, we will have to jails overflowing by the end of the year.

Why would voting your own raise not be criminal? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Bobbyrx
11-07-2007, 05:33 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr>
Why would voting your own raise not be criminal? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="red">There would not be anyone left in Montgomery.........that would be too good to be true! </font color>

Qtec
11-07-2007, 09:43 PM
web page (http://www.jibjab.com/view/67649)

Colbert. LOL

Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Deeman3
11-08-2007, 08:30 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in MD
11-08-2007, 08:53 AM
Lou Dobbs is one of my heros. I think many of us are yearning for other options. I'd like to be able to go into the booth and vote FOR someone, for a change, instead of having to vote for the least offensive.

I think we'd all prefer to break this chain of dynasty candidates. I'l very weary of watching this country be nothing but a tool of corporate wealth and influence, with no concern for the rule of law, or for we, the people.

Lou seems so sure about his predictions. I hope he knows something the rest of us don't know. I do think the time is right for an independent alternative, but finding someone with experience in foreign issues, who hasn't been corrupted by corporate money, will not be easy.

Biden is the only one with experience, common sense, and integrity, but with a system like ours, he has little chance to win the nomination.

I think Bloomberg and Gore, would have a good shot, but I've never done any research on Bloomberg. Dobbs, would get my vote above anyone else. WOW, nice fantasy, the thought of Lou Dobbs running this country. We'd actually have a shot at enforcing the laws, already on the books. That would be a real turn around.

Gayle in Md.

wolfdancer
11-08-2007, 12:20 PM
can't say I watch Lou all the time, but his show last night resonated with me.....

pooltchr
11-08-2007, 06:28 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Biden is the only one with experience, common sense, and integrity,
Gayle in Md.

<hr /></blockquote>

If what you say is true, I would take this to mean you don't believe Hillary has the experience, common sense, or integrity to make a good president. (a fact with which I totally agree!) Yet, you say there is a good chance you will end up voting for her. Glad you plan to stick to your principles!
Steve

DickLeonard
11-09-2007, 08:45 AM
Deeman that is one way to decrease the % of Blacks in Prison by overloading it with white Felons, oh wait a second Jail is only the Poor, the Powerless. Still waiting for Rush to take his rightful place.$$$$

Gayle in MD
11-09-2007, 09:25 AM
I have known few people in my life with such an incredible ability to twist the meaning of the King's English to the vast degree which you accomplish. It seems, such neocon methods often used to avoid reasonable conversational intercourse, have been polished to expertise, south of the border! Is that a southern phenomena, or merely a Republican tactic, more thoroughly developed by the God fearing, from decades of southern styled gossip, the preferred desert at those southern church suppers?

Gayle in Md.

LWW
11-09-2007, 10:07 AM
Your bigotry is showing again.

Stay out late and drink a little too much Haterade did we Gayle?

LWW

pooltchr
11-09-2007, 06:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> I have known few people in my life with such an incredible ability to twist the meaning of the King's English to the vast degree which you accomplish. It seems, such neocon methods often used to avoid reasonable conversational intercourse, have been polished to expertise, south of the border! Is that a southern phenomena, or merely a Republican tactic, more thoroughly developed by the God fearing, from decades of southern styled gossip, the preferred desert at those southern church suppers?

Gayle in Md. <hr /></blockquote>

I didn't twist anything. You clearly stated that only Biden had those qualities. Read the quote where you said it. The word "only" indicates that no other one exists. Therefore, if "only" Biden has those characteristics, then no other canidiate could have them...including Hillary. It's not a matter of me twisting things...you just don't like it when someone points out your inconsistencies.
Steve

Gayle in MD
11-11-2007, 07:03 AM
BULL. Your twisting. Biden has all three, that doesn't mean other candidates don't have various levels of each.

Also, Biden and Hillary have the most foreign affairs experience, have met, personally with the most leaders of foreign countries, and either, would be a hellova lot more experienced than the man you voted for, who had never even been out of the country, so this is hardly an issue for you to be splitting hairs over, is it?

Just don't you worry about my vote, Steve, your own voting record should alert you to your own need of finding other, shall we say, more studious methods for selecting an appropriate person to lead this country. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Gayle in Md.

pooltchr
11-11-2007, 08:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr>

Biden is the only one with experience, common sense, and integrity,

Gayle in Md.

These are your words, in case you missed it when you wrote it, or when I quoted it for you in my response. Which part of "only" didn't you mean????? Or are we reverting to deciding what "is" is??????????

You said it...I just questioned it. If you didn't mean it, maybe you should have worded it differently.
Steve

<hr /></blockquote>