PDA

View Full Version : Predator cues

tjc45
11-08-2007, 08:51 PM
I'm looking for a new cue. Does anyone here have any experience with Predator cues? Experiences? Opinions?

1Time
11-09-2007, 12:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tjc45:</font><hr> I'm looking for a new cue. Does anyone here have any experience with Predator cues? Experiences? Opinions? <hr /></blockquote>

Shoot with several different cues in your price range, and choose the one you like the best. Another thing to consider is whether it comes with a warranty against warping. It's always nice to know a cue maker stands behind their cues.

tjc45
11-09-2007, 07:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 1Time:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote tjc45:</font><hr> I'm looking for a new cue. Does anyone here have any experience with Predator cues? Experiences? Opinions? <hr /></blockquote>

Shoot with several different cues in your price range, and choose the one you like the best. Another thing to consider is whether it comes with a warranty against warping. It's always nice to know a cue maker stands behind their cues. <hr /></blockquote>

Good advice. The problem I'm having is that of all the pool halls in my area no one carries the cues I'm interested in. Or more accurately, they don't carry the model I'm looking for. They can all get whatever I want. One place has a first gen Predator demo cue. Still, demoing that cue, to me, makes as much sense as test driving a used outdated car to see if I'd like the new model. There is no correlation.

I'm considering a predator 5K or Blak series as well as McDermott's Elite series. Predator,I believe, comes with a return policy, even if the tip is chalked. I'm not sure about a warpage guaranty. McDermott has a lifetime warpage guaranty, yet a no return policy if the tip has been chalked. I spoke to McDermott and they said they would make an exception on their Elite series. Still, a verbal overide of a company policy given by a customer service rep doesn't give me great comfort.

Additionally, one of the features I'm looking for is a quick release, either a Uni-lock, or it's equivilent. Not all the Elite series cues come with this feature. The predator's all have Uni-Lock

I live in New Jersey. Maybe i need to take a ride to McDermott's showroom in Wisconsin and then swing down to Predator's offices in Jackonville Florida. Road trip!!!!

Rich R.
11-09-2007, 08:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tjc45:</font><hr> I live in New Jersey. Maybe i need to take a ride to McDermott's showroom in Wisconsin and then swing down to Predator's offices in Jackonville Florida. Road trip!!!! <hr /></blockquote>
The only road trip you have to make is to the Super Billiards Expo, at Valley Forge, in March. You will be able to find almost any cue you want, from the lowest price to the highest.
Predator always has a huge display, at the Expo, and you can test drive the current models.
http://www.superbilliardsexpo.com/

tjc45
11-09-2007, 06:31 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote tjc45:</font><hr> I live in New Jersey. Maybe i need to take a ride to McDermott's showroom in Wisconsin and then swing down to Predator's offices in Jackonville Florida. Road trip!!!! <hr /></blockquote>
The only road trip you have to make is to the Super Billiards Expo, at Valley Forge, in March. You will be able to find almost any cue you want, from the lowest price to the highest.
Predator always has a huge display, at the Expo, and you can test drive the current models.
http://www.superbilliardsexpo.com/ <hr /></blockquote>

Thanks, that will be a much shorter trip.