PDA

View Full Version : cuetec care - need help

marek
07-29-2002, 04:48 PM
Hi people!
I need your input on this little problem....
I bought a new cue - its cuetec 18oz midnight series with S.S.T./Tru-Glide fiberglass shaft finish. I just love that smooth feeling in my hand.... /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif Well beacause I love that smooth feeling Id like to keep it that way as long as possible. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif I know there is "Cuetec Hi-tech" product on the market as a specialized product for cuetec cue care but I think it would be just waste of my money if there is possibly much cheaper way to keep my cue clean. So finally here is my question: do you have any experience on conditioning a cuetec cue shaft with something else than "Cuetec Hi-Tech"?
And second question: I used a baby powder with my former cue - is there by any chance a possibility that a baby powder can work as a VERY VERY gentle abrassive so it can damage fiberglass finish in a long term? I think not but its better to ask before its too late...
Thx for your input!

P.s.: I am totally amazed with my new cue as my ability to play thin cuts improved instantly by great deal..not sure why...its probably due to much stiffer shaft than i am used to..now I am able to play 60 degree cut 6 diamonds down the table with quite confidence! no deflection at all!

PastPrime
07-29-2002, 06:01 PM
A few days ago I posted on this subject. I bought a CueTec Cue from a guy that needed money. While cleaning the case it came in I tried ArmorAll on the Cue. It works great, and has remained slick. ArmorAll is an all-purpose polish that works on all surfaces. Use it in the RV a lot. A container is about $7-8 dollars and will probable last you 10 years for a Cue.

TonyM
07-30-2002, 12:36 AM
I found that keeping the shaft clean with a wipe down with a paper towel and rubbing alcohol (Isopropyl) worked very well. No need for anything fancier.

And no, baby powder used sparingly will not damage the fiberglass in any way.

Try to find a talc powder that does not contain the oils used for baby powders. I think that you will find it an improvement.

Tony

marek
07-30-2002, 01:27 AM
Thx for your answer!

marek
07-30-2002, 01:34 AM
Hi TomyM
Thx for your input on my little problem. I thought that alcohol should do the work but wasnt quite sure. And I ll try some oil-free powder for sure.
Thank you very much!

07-30-2002, 01:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: PastPrime:</font><hr> A few days ago I posted on this subject. I bought a CueTec Cue from a guy that needed money. While cleaning the case it came in I tried ArmorAll on the Cue. It works great, and has remained slick. ArmorAll is an all-purpose polish that works on all surfaces. Use it in the RV a lot. A container is about $7-8 dollars and will probable last you 10 years for a Cue. <hr></blockquote>

there r 4 types i found on this link http://www.armorall.com/prodcat/wipes.html so which one's to use?

PastPrime
07-30-2002, 09:32 AM
For any surfaces but works great on CueTec types. If the cue is clean then use ArmorAll Protectant. It will remain slick and shiny for quite a while and easy to redo. If the cue is sticky from drinks, food, dirty tables, etc. then use ArmorAll Cleaner first. I would suggest you get the liquid containers instead of the wipes if you can because you need so little of it at a time. One container and an old t-shirt will last years. The wipes are OK but I've never found them greatly reusable, they are better to put over a large surface in a single use application. The ArmorAll Cleaner WILL clean your wooden shafts (also great for the Butts and Wrap) down to the grain if you want a house cleaning on them but it won't keep the shafts slick like it will on graphite type materials. Also, as a sideline, the ArmorAll Cleaner is great for rugs, furniture, upholstry, etc. It will clean up your soiled spots. We use it a lot in our RV and after our grandaughters visits at home. Sorry for being so verbose.