PDA

View Full Version : A prayer for our Soldiers

wolfdancer
11-09-2007, 03:12 PM
web page (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFbsZu7ZN7A)

and for those fallen in battle:

web page (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJnjcX8skXk)

Gayle in MD
11-09-2007, 03:57 PM
You are one of my favorite people in the world.

Love,
Gayle

wolfdancer
11-09-2007, 04:07 PM
thanks,I thought the songs fit this war, any war....
now I'm waiting for the spin doctors to attack...

Wally_in_Cincy
11-10-2007, 07:21 PM
You are not offended by the so-called prayer?

You should be, since Chritians have been the root of all evil for the last 2000 years.

wolfdancer, Your buddy SONoma said prayer is for idiots and losers so why the title of the thread?. You are his defender arem't you?

The hypocrisy boggles the mind.

I hope you all accept Christ as your Savior. Sorry if that offends anyone.

Drop1
11-10-2007, 09:12 PM
It does not offend me, I find it laughable,like the irony of LWW. Sonoma is not the only Atheist on this forum. I find the search for spirituality Honda spoke of,important to his sence of Being. I find Christianity a spiritual wasteland,with political ambitions. You have inspired me to write a poem,I hope you enjoy it.

Tall decorated towers reach
To the evening skies
And all the architects skill
Is caught in each passers eye
But if granite can be a hypocrite
Such is this catacomb of stone
Where beneath the Angeled arches
The dregs of ignorance roam.
The other Atheist.
Support the Troops,because God won't.

hondo
11-10-2007, 09:24 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> You are not offended by the so-called prayer?

You should be, since Chritians have been the root of all evil for the last 2000 years.

wolfdancer, Your buddy SONoma said prayer is for idiots and losers so why the title of the thread?. You are his defender arem't you?

I hope you all accept Christ as your Savior. Sorry if that offends anyone. <hr /></blockquote>

I am a strong believer in Christ. Why don't you agree
with my posts? By your logic this makes you a hypocrite,
right, Wally?

hondo
11-10-2007, 09:32 PM
One other point. I just have trouble believing that
supporting power-hungry, petty, money-grabbing
war mongers go hand in hand with the teachings of
Christ.
I take my faith very seriously and I just can't see
any connection to Bush, Cheney, and the rest of
those cutthroats.

wolfdancer
11-10-2007, 09:39 PM
Harry, Wally is trying to claim I am whatever, because I don't belong to his Holy Roller group, I guess.Fact is, I'm Catholic, and if he doesn't like it,that's his tough S**T. He needs to feel morally superior because he knows I don't like GWB, and since GWB is a Christian, etc....that must make me into a Devil worshipper.
I have Joseph Campbells's series about the origins of religions....right next to me is a DVD that I've rented "10 questions for the Dalai Lama"...when I return that tomorrow, i'm renting one on the proof of the existence of Christ. Sounds like your typical pagan..right?
BUT, my beliefs are my own, and I shouldn't have to justify them to some dic*head, that thinks his brand of Christianity is better then mine, to defend a post about prayer **** him. And if I was a total non-believer...I'd still live my life guided by what once were thought to be Christian values....
What ***** right does Wally have to tell me that my posting about prayer was hypocrisy?
I thought it was a very touching song, more so, after just reading about a local young man killed, and another that my sister back home, told me about the other day.
I just wish he had called me that in the local bar.
Wally is a ***** pos with that post

wolfdancer
11-10-2007, 09:59 PM
Wally gives Christians a bad name...self righteous, and judgmental...which he thinks gives him an air of moral superiority.....thus actually....makes him more of a *** hypocrite then he claims I am.
I've written before that this is not the place to be arguing religion.....but if Wally wants to start....
If Wally really is a pious Christian, shouldn't he be trying to convert, rather then condemn the non believer..or did he rewrite the Bible?

Drop1
11-10-2007, 10:11 PM
I listened to both songs,and thought of the poetry of Wilfred Owens. Why can't Christians lean to love people,and make an effort to imitate Christ. I'm an Atheist to the blood cells in my bones,and accept no God,but I believe those that do,and practice their Faith with love,are to be respected. Faith is not a contest,about who goes to Heaven,but a gift from God,for good works done,without expectations of a reward. I hope there is a Heaven for those people,and a Hell for the rest.

wolfdancer
11-10-2007, 10:31 PM
The song gave me the idea of a father praying for his son's safe return from this war.
re: his accusations...what can you expect from a guy that claims he just fell off the turnip truck?

wolfdancer
11-10-2007, 10:33 PM
AND they did!!!

wolfdancer
11-10-2007, 10:35 PM
Seems that Wally has now joined the other 3 loonies that feel they have to attack anything that is not written by one of their kind.....

Qtec
11-10-2007, 10:56 PM
Guys............lighten up.

Relax.
web page (http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=7ACOWsMUGE4)

Life's too short.

Q

wolfdancer
11-10-2007, 11:06 PM
What kind of hypocritical, Atheist s**t is that to post?
Did you clear that first with Rev. Wally?

Gayle in MD
11-11-2007, 08:52 AM
Bravo!

Dear Hondo, I think many of us take a path in our lives to find our own answers. I only respect the end results of those who come to love and kindness, compassion and charity, strength and acceptance. Promoting fear, to achieve personal enrichment, or to exploit others for hidden agendas, through lies, which kill, is about as evil an action as I can imagine.

Some of our worst terrorists, reside within Christian fundamentalism.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
11-11-2007, 08:56 AM
LOL, condemnation is always the first step toward conversion.

There lies the hypocracy. Self love is the first step in having love for all others. That's just the opposite of organized religion. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

wolfdancer
11-11-2007, 11:28 AM
Speaking of self love...LWW ?
What Wally didn't understand...or maybe he did, which would bother him even more...."praying" for a young soldier to come home safe, could be a metaphor for caring about the lives of our young men, even if one was an Atheist.....and they don't want to hear anything like that...not while there's money to be made from this war. Isn't it odd that there has never been one post here, by the so called God fearing right....that expressed any concern about the deaths and maiming injuries of our soldier's? Isn't it also odd that they try so desperately now to assign the role of "non-Christian" to anybody on the "left"....I guess if you don't believe that Bush has a direct line to the Almighty, that would make you a heretic ....or even worse, accorded to our brain damaged LWW...guilty of sedition
I guess as long as the enemy's body count is larger then ours, that is what counts
Well, I was angry last nite, wishing Wally the worst...but now I'm hoping he doesn't get bit by a snake today, during church services

bamadog
11-11-2007, 11:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Bravo!

Some of our worst terrorists, reside within Christian fundamentalism.

Gayle in Md.

<hr /></blockquote> Well then you should have no trouble giving examples of the many innocent people they have mudered.

wolfdancer
11-11-2007, 11:43 AM
you know what really bothered me about Rev. Wally World's accusations....he took something nice, and tried to make something dirty about it.
his post really isn't about religion, and I'm sorry that I got trapped into defending my own faith, or lack thereof. Who one worships, or doesn't worship is a private concern...and unless you are sacrificing virgins, so that there will be 7 available for the afterlife....then you don't need Wally to judge you here on earth.
NO...the real thing that bothered him...IMHO....is that deep down inside....all these war hawks, must have a twinge of guilt, maybe...over supporting this war...and can't tolerate it, when the "heathens" from the left...remind them of the sacrifices others are making

hondo
11-11-2007, 01:02 PM
Have you no knowledge of history at all?
Honestly, buddy, I really do feel embarrassed for
you at times.
No wonder you like GW so much. You must have NOT
attended the same history classes together.
The Albigensians, the Crusades, the witch trials,
the Inquisition, Jim Jones.
I could go on &amp; on but, hopefully, you've already said " OOPS!" /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

bamadog
11-11-2007, 01:09 PM
Hondo, you continue to embarrass yourself.
Read Gayle's quote.
She is referring to the present.
Now, answer the question as I posed it.

hondo
11-11-2007, 01:24 PM
I simply responded to your question. I don't feel
embarrassed at all.
Modern day? How about GW in Iraq for starts?
Hey, I'm sorry about LWWs embarrassing exit.
I didn't think he'd give up so easy.
I don't even see him on AZ.
Of course the political posts are dead over there, but you knew that, didn't you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bamadog
11-11-2007, 01:52 PM
You are truly sad hondo. How could you respond to my question without reading the quote? My question does not contain the words "Christian, terrorists, fundamentalism".

wolfdancer
11-11-2007, 01:53 PM
He's gone??? Praise Jesus!!! my prayers been answered /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Sorry Rev. Wally (if'n you reads this)for the use of the Lord's name...but the only better news I could think of for today...would be for you to take a hike!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

SKennedy
11-11-2007, 02:30 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> I'm an Atheist to the blood cells in my bones,and accept no God,but I believe those that do,and practice their Faith with love,are to be respected. Faith is not a contest,about who goes to Heaven,but a gift from God,for good works done,without expectations of a reward. I hope there is a Heaven for those people,and a Hell for the rest. <hr /></blockquote>

For an aetheist, you sure hit the nail on the head! The only portion I would disagree with is that it is not works based, but faith-based. Regardless, it is a gift from God. Therefore, a christian should never, ever, feel superior or better than any non-christian. They should feel humbled. As you guys already know, I am a Christian. I am far from perfect and I work on the humble and humility thing every day. I do try to practice my faith with love. My "good works" are not a means to an end, but the product of my faith. My faith is reward enough for me and I am in no hurry for this life of mine to end. Heaven is just an added plus....for eternity! As an aethiest you have a better understanding about chrisitianity than many "christians!" I find that ironic and commendable on your part.

hondo
11-11-2007, 07:53 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SKennedy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> I'm an Atheist to the blood cells in my bones,and accept no God,but I believe those that do,and practice their Faith with love,are to be respected. Faith is not a contest,about who goes to Heaven,but a gift from God,for good works done,without expectations of a reward. I hope there is a Heaven for those people,and a Hell for the rest. <hr /></blockquote>

For an aetheist, you sure hit the nail on the head! The only portion I would disagree with is that it is not works based, but faith-based. Regardless, it is a gift from God. Therefore, a christian should never, ever, feel superior or better than any non-christian. They should feel humbled. As you guys already know, I am a Christian. I am far from perfect and I work on the humble and humility thing every day. I do try to practice my faith with love. My "good works" are not a means to an end, but the product of my faith. My faith is reward enough for me and I am in no hurry for this life of mine to end. Heaven is just an added plus....for eternity! As an aethiest you have a better understanding about chrisitianity than many "christians!" I find that ironic and commendable on your part. <hr /></blockquote>

Tap! Tap! Tap! Good post, Kennedy.

wolfdancer
11-11-2007, 09:52 PM
both you guys made good posts...I think it's pretty non-Christian of the "right Rev." to try to put down anybody that mentions prayer, but he believes to be an atheist.... His denomination doesn't preach tolerance......
Wally thinks I'm Gestas , and not Dismas....

S0Noma
11-12-2007, 12:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> Your buddy SONoma said prayer is for idiots and losers (<font color="blue">I said nothing of the kind. </font color>) so why the title of the thread?. You are his defender arem't you?<font color="blue">(I'm fully capable of defending myself, Wally. I am pleased to consider Jack a good friend. If you don't like it? You can fold it up sideways and put it where the sun don't shine.) </font color>

The hypocrisy boggles the mind.<font color="blue">(Do you mean yours for intentionally misquoting me? Or yours for being so openly hostile and willfully inaccurate? Which one, Wally? I guess back in high school they didn't call you '$hit for brains' for nothing, eh?) </font color>

I hope you all accept Christ as your Savior. Sorry if that offends anyone. <font color="blue">(Sorry, but your idea of 'accepting Christ' seems to come with big old bag full of hate attached. Whoops! Now we're back to hypocrisy boggling the mind again. How'd that happen, Wally? Darned if the hypocrite isn't you again! &amp; Yes, that IS offensive!) </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

http://i12.tinypic.com/7yd40wk.jpg

Wally_in_Cincy
11-12-2007, 10:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Wally gives Christians a bad name...self righteous, and judgmental...which he thinks gives him an air of moral superiority..... <hr /></blockquote>

No. Far from it. I don't claim to be morally superior to anyone, outside of Bin Laden and maybe Paris Hilton.

SKennedy
11-12-2007, 11:03 AM
You guys have beaten up on Wally pretty good, and you will note that he has not responded. I don't know and I can't speak for him, but speculate that he meant well (and I think he always means well) and may not have come across quite the way he intended. Regardless, we all make mistakes. Even the Reverend! I think Wally would be the first to say he is a sinner just like the rest of us. Some just have more guilt about it than others. As for me, I don't have these big feelings of guilt because I know I'm forgiven..... and so is Wally.

Wally_in_Cincy
11-12-2007, 12:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> You are not offended by the so-called prayer?

I hope you all accept Christ as your Savior. Sorry if that offends anyone. <hr /></blockquote>

I should not have written that. I publicly apologize to wolfdancer.

I must have been in a particularly foul mood at that point and associated him with some of the more vocal anti-Christians on the board and I should not have done that.

I'll try in the future to not open my pie-hole before engaging what little brain I have left.

wolfdancer
11-12-2007, 12:18 PM
And I have apologized to Wally, as well...via a PM.

Wally_in_Cincy
11-12-2007, 12:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> And I have apologized to Wally, as well...via a PM. <hr /></blockquote>

You have nothing to apologize for, but it is appreciated nonetheless.

wolfdancer
11-12-2007, 12:28 PM
Let's just say we both got a little carried away....we were both practicing backward induction

web page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backward_induction)

SKennedy
11-12-2007, 12:40 PM
I draw the line at group hugs though! Unless they are all pretty females....

hondo
11-12-2007, 01:28 PM
LOL! There's a lot of love on this board.
Too bad Dawg &amp; El Dub can't see that.

S0Noma
11-12-2007, 02:17 PM
Prayer joke (sorta):

Ed was in trouble.

He forgot his wedding anniversary.

His wife was really angry. She told him, "Tomorrow morning I expect to find a gift in the driveway that goes from 0 to 200 in less then 6 seconds AND IT BETTER BE THERE!!"

The next morning Ed got up early and left for work.

When his wife woke up she looked out the window and sure enough there was a box gift-wrapped in the middle of the driveway. Confused, the wife put on her robe and ran out to the driveway, and brought the box back in the house. She opened it and found a brand new bathroom scale.

Ed has been missing since Friday. Please pray for him.
CHRISTINE

SKennedy
11-12-2007, 04:30 PM
Warning to Wally.....please do not attach SONoma for her prayer joke!!

Wally_in_Cincy
11-13-2007, 07:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SKennedy:</font><hr> Warning to Wally.....please do not attach SONoma for her prayer joke!! <hr /></blockquote>

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w144/Wally-Cincinnati/seenoevil.jpg

/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

DickLeonard
11-13-2007, 08:37 AM
SKennedy Wally can take care of Wally he didn't get 7400 posts by having thin skin.####

DickLeonard
11-13-2007, 08:39 AM
Wally which one is Jeb.####

Gayle in MD
11-13-2007, 09:04 AM
The one in the middle, he told Katherine Harris, "Just do it, I don't want to hear the details." /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

SKennedy
11-13-2007, 09:12 AM
I think everyone on here can take care of themselves....or they wouldn't be here. The "competition" continues off the table as well.