PDA

View Full Version : who the heck is Dave pearson??????

Vagabond
07-29-2002, 07:11 PM
Howdy,
Right at this time I am watching a show on NBC called Dog eat Dog.One of the cotestants has to shoot a game of pool with the show`s expert Dave pearson.The guy is claimed to be a champion in shooting fast.He is ok fast player,played against a contestant who could not hold the stick.Don`t know who this guy is.Any one knows about him?
vagabond

07-29-2002, 07:20 PM
Vagabond,

Dave was hear doing exhibitions during one of our state tournaments a couple of years ago. He's very impressive to watch, and very personable. I forget now what his record is for clearing a table, but he is very fast.

I don't know if you watched Fear Factor immediately before Dog Eat Dog, but they also had a segment that involved pool. I just caught the very end of it though, so I'm not sure HOW pool was used in the show... just that it was.

Karla

jjinfla
07-29-2002, 09:06 PM
Dave Pearson, aka the ginger wizard. Has the Guiness world record for running 10 racks in 9:18. I believe he did it in Vegas on two bar tables. Jake

07-30-2002, 12:14 AM
Yes, I have known him for years, but I will not knock his action on a public forum. It's not right.

Rob

CarolNYC
07-30-2002, 03:30 AM
Karla,
In Fear Factor, 4 balls were marked "live ants","fermented squid guts","100 yr. old egg" and "very hot pepper"-the contestant had to pocket the 4-balls in 5 shots,similar to the amusement park game I played-whatever balls were left on the table, thats what they had to eat!A real "gagger!" ha ha ha-On Dog Eat Dog, Dave had to pocket 2 racks before the contestant pocketed 4 balls. I thought he did pretty good.Pool seems to be just about EVERYWHERE. Thats great!
Have a nice day!
Carol

Vagabond
07-30-2002, 04:46 AM
Thanks for the info, Karla,Jake,Carrol,Annonymous. cheers
Vagabond

SPetty
07-30-2002, 06:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: CarolNYC:</font><hr> Pool seems to be just about EVERYWHERE. Thats great!<hr></blockquote>Pool was on "Crossing Jordan" last night. The girl's bridge was like this: Put your left hand flat on the table. Then pull in the fingers a little so that the knuckles raise up. She was resting the cue between her first and second knuckles on the back of her left hand!

07-30-2002, 09:26 AM
Thanks, Carol! I was wondering how that worked. I switched channels just in time to see a girl eat live ants, something else, and the old egg. I was gagging just watching her. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Karla

Rich R.
07-30-2002, 09:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: SPetty:</font><hr>Pool was on "Crossing Jordan" last night. The girl's bridge was like this: Put your left hand flat on the table. Then pull in the fingers a little so that the knuckles raise up. She was resting the cue between her first and second knuckles on the back of her left hand!
<hr></blockquote>
Isn't that the way you are suppose to make a bridge? I knew I was doing something wrong. /ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif
Rich R.