PDA

View Full Version : loree jon jones

kowboye
11-11-2007, 05:19 PM
i just picked up a loree jon jones cue by challenger about 2 hours ago and love the way it plays and it was close to free. very solid hiting stick in my eyes but really didnt know anything about the stick when purchased. i know her but can anyone give me any feed back on her cues? anything at all wold be very helpful. the only thing i know is that they were made at lucasi factory so have quite a few simularitys. thanks for your input everyone. it is much needed and apriciated.

1Time
11-11-2007, 05:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote kowboye:</font><hr> the only thing i know is that they were made at lucasi factory so have quite a few simularitys. <hr /></blockquote>

That it was made at the Lucasi factory probably explains your satisfaction with the cue more than anything. Have you had much of a chance to compare how well you like it to other cues?

kowboye
11-11-2007, 05:52 PM
with a sneaky pete and two mcdemmonts. it has the least amount of flex of both cues. has a more than avarage hard tip. quick release s.s. joint.u know other than that i think it makes my eniglish easyer, i really do. do you know if these sticks have any rep going on about them yet. for a 8 time world champ in 9, my guess is she is thinking about cue ball control and that is my style. i wanted to know more of the overall lasting quility. do you think this cue is crap?

1Time
11-11-2007, 06:07 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote kowboye:</font><hr> with a sneaky pete and two mcdemmonts. it has the least amount of flex of both cues. has a more than avarage hard tip. quick release s.s. joint.u know other than that i think it makes my eniglish easyer, i really do. do you know if these sticks have any rep going on about them yet. for a 8 time world champ in 9, my guess is she is thinking about cue ball control and that is my style. i wanted to know more of the overall lasting quility. do you think this cue is crap? <hr /></blockquote>
Because that cue was made in the Lucasi factory and has LJJ's name associated, it's quite likely a quality cue. I doubt it has much of a rep though, but if there is one, it's probably good.

If it's got the features you want (if that's important to you) and it plays well for you (if that's important to you), then it's a good cue "for you". Other than that, it would be nice to have the manufacturer stand behind it with a warranty against warping.

wolfdancer
11-11-2007, 10:37 PM
I'm not sure but think she just has an endorsement deal with Lucasi, as Gerda had with Predator Cues. Loree used to represent Meucci cues, as did Jim Rempe...and they both got together and made an instructional video, financed by Meucci....pretty good for it's day. There was even a section on BHE, although Jim didn't call it as such.
If you like the cue, if it fits your eye, feels good, and helps your game...that's all that counts. The next guy could come along and not like the hit...different strokes, etc.
I've always been amazed at how much different tips affect both the hit and the feedback from a cue.
I just paid to have a Sniper put on mine, but if that's a sniper, I'm Tom Beringer....I'll just go back to my Everest tips, next time...