PDA

View Full Version : Morri vs. what

Bassn7
11-11-2007, 06:54 PM
What is the best tip that is close to the morri but less cost. I love the morri tip but would like to try others.

bradb
11-11-2007, 07:28 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Bassn7:</font><hr> What is the best tip that is close to the morri but less cost. I love the morri tip but would like to try others. <hr /></blockquote>

The Sniper by Tiger is considered the best by many. Its made out of cured boars hide and holds its shape very well. They are a little more costly than the Morri which I use, but once you put one on it lasts forever, so cost is really not a big factor.
-brad

thedude
11-12-2007, 12:26 AM
I 2nd the sniper. I recently bought a Bob Frey sneaky with a sniper tip, and between the two... as far as an affordable players cue I can't imagine anything better. I used a moori preceded by a hercules tip on a jacoby cue, and the standard everest tip on a predator 5K3. The sniper is my favorite of all the tips. The Frey cue is my favorite of all cues. I'm sure theres better and prettier cues, but for the money... I just love the Frey. Just love how it plays, and the sniper... can't say enough good things about the two. I love them more than my girlfriend!

Billy_Bob
11-12-2007, 10:21 AM
Morri tips are $10 at the link below.

Seems to me that the tip is the most important part of the cue. I would rather spend a lot of money on the tip. However a lot of people will spend $1000.00 on what the butt looks like and then want a $1 tip!

Moori tips...
cuestik.com (http://www.cuestik.com/store/product.asp?ITEM_ID=5814&amp;DEPARTMENT_ID=123) ...

Snapshot9
11-12-2007, 10:31 AM
Kind of like the double cheeseburger, large fries, and a diet soda? ... huh? ... LOL

I spent $30 getting my last tip by a cuemaker put on, along with a shaft cleanup. This tip has lasted me 3 years (due for another one though), so that is $10 a year. If you gamble, a bad tip or miscue can cost you a lot more than the $$$ it takes to put on a good tip.

bradb
11-12-2007, 11:08 AM
Amen to all of the above.

I have a Dufferin sneaky that has a good strong shaft but the butt is probably the same as a rack cue. I put on a medium Moori and its the best cue I ever had. I put a hard Moori on my old cue and use it just for breaking.

I'm going to check out the Frey the Dude talks about, if I ever lose my Dufferin I don't think I could play this game with out it as they don't make Dufferins anymore. -brad

av84fun
11-12-2007, 09:33 PM
If you love what you are using DON'T EVEN THINK OF CHANGING.

I bought into all the hype about Sniper tips and the supposed decline in Morri quality...which in MY experience is a myth...and changed back in about a month.

Why? Good news...the Sniper clearly imparts more spin. Bad news...the Sniper clearly imparts more spin. The reason that is bad news is that in exchange for being able to pull off some miracle shots with spin...oh about every 20 racks or so...YOU HAVE TO ADJUST YOUR AIMING TECHNIQUE FOR EVERY SHOT ON WHICH YOU USE SIDE.

There is no way that makes any sense to me...so I switched back. And I can report that the Moori's that I use are virtually maintenace free. I DO burnish quite a bit and that's no bid deal.

Iv'e never actually kept a calendar but it seems to me that they last about a year (I LIKE it when they get thin)and I probably average about 2 hours of play a day.

No doubt, I've heard the "declining quality" story several times but I have not experienced it.

Regards,
Jim

mrgoochio
11-19-2007, 12:57 AM
isn't it called moori? (not morri)

O.o i'm thinking about getting a new cue and still undecided about the tip..

bignick31985
11-19-2007, 03:44 PM
I've never used a Sniper tip, but I started with a LePro and then got a Moori Quick tip put on my Lucasi cue when I ordered it.

Its like night and day if you ask me. I still have occasional miscues, but I believ thats more part of a stroke problem than the tip. I can apply alot of english if I need to and its held shape very well.