PDA

View Full Version : Not even one post mentioning....

wolfdancer
11-11-2007, 07:11 PM
Veteran's Day?

SKennedy
11-11-2007, 07:27 PM
Nope....but here are my thoughts on the subject....
Hey veterans...a heartfelt thanks.
From a fellow vet.
Once we are through with the military, our next goal is to become productive civilians and members of society. That was, or is hard for some of us....and as someone recently posted, can be harder than serving in the military. Granted, we don't always get help from our family, friends, employers, prospective employers, and certainly from the VA and our own government (former employer), but we need to step up and finish the job...which is to become re-acclimated as a successful civilian. To those that have done that, I salute you. To those who will be doing that, I pray for your success. For those of you who have been complaining and using "crutches and excuses" the last 30+ years....and you know who you are....it's never too late. Regardless.....thanks for your duty!

wolfdancer
11-11-2007, 07:41 PM
Nice post, thanks!....I couldn't find the words to write, to express my feelings.
My friend in Reno is a classic example of "once a Marine, always a Marine" He even has an M1-carbine among his rifle collection, and both he and his brother served in Korea.
He's the easiest guy to buy a Christmas present for ...i just get him something on that era. I kid him about a pair of lounge pants that he wears...blue with a stripe on the side...I accuse him of sleeping in his dress blues.
Good guy though, and we have been friends now for some 30 years

hondo
11-11-2007, 08:16 PM
God bless all the veterans.

Qtec
11-11-2007, 08:27 PM
Over here its called Remembrance Day.

web page (http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/remembrance/history/)

Q

SKennedy
11-11-2007, 08:38 PM
Your friends are lucky Wolf!