PDA

View Full Version : Driveby, got it bad

phil in sofla
07-29-2002, 08:33 PM
Going to a concert in West Palm yesterday, about 45 miles out of my home territory, I passed by a pool hall I never saw before, and had to fight an impulse to go inside and check it out!

Had the same feeling going to my niece's wedding in Philly a month ago. Passed by Fusco's, which sported a open 24-hours sign, and badly wanted to go inside, check it out, and play a little.

I believe I am in the throes of pool fever!

(The following has been an actual case study. Readers are advised to check themselves for symptoms that they are afflicted by pool fever, and seek the care of a professional immediately.)

Kato
07-29-2002, 09:33 PM
What room Phil?

Kato

NH_Steve
07-30-2002, 05:08 AM
My wife & I travel a bit for work, and I always try to find a local room! Lately I've been using:
http://www.playpool.com/finders/poolhall.html
We were in Orlando for a conference last year, and I found a pretty good one pocket game. I believe the player's nickname was something like 'Crab', 'cuz he had an unusual inverted sidearm stroke with the butt of the stick curled inside -- anyone you know?

45 miles, though? You're spoiled -- I drive 70 just to play!

Kato
07-30-2002, 06:10 AM
hahahahahaha, Gotta be Tommy The Crab. He's hilarious.

Kato

phil in sofla
07-30-2002, 10:41 AM
Not sure, didn't see any name, exactly, but 'Pool' showed up on the sign somewhere.

Exited the turnpike at Lake Worth Road, took it to 441, and then west on Southern (a mistake, since Mars Amphitheater is east of 441, but who can remember these things?!?!)

I believe it was on Southern, but it might have been either earlier road.

Barbara
07-30-2002, 04:11 PM
Phil,

You were in Philly and didn't email me? Oh, wait, I was still in school.

Anyway, next time you're up email me and do stop in. That's where Karen Corr and Julie Kelly play.

Barbara