PDA

View Full Version : bad experience ordering from Brunswick

Warbler
11-14-2007, 07:11 PM
As you know, I was shopping for a new set of pool balls. I had created a topic to talk about which set was better Brunswick or Aramith. I finally decided to buy myself a set of Centennials, in addition, I also decided to get an extra cue ball to go with it for lagging purposed. I got my order today. I am not at all happy.

I ordered both the set and the extra cue ball online, from the same page (here's a link (http://www.brunswickbilliards.com/brunswick_collection/accessories/pocket_balls/centennial_balls.html) to that very page) . I expected that both the set and the extra cue ball would look the same. They don't. The extra cue ball has a more yellowish/off white shade to it than the rest of the set. Also the blue circle on it looks smaller and a different shade of blue than the blue circle on the cue ball in the set. Finally, it could just be an illusion(I don't have the proper tools to measure by) but the extra cue ball looks like it might be slightly smaller than the cue ball that came with the set.

In addition, when I opened the UPS box the balls were shipped in, the Brunswick box the set came in had opened up during shipping. The balls were all sitting in a heap(who knows how many times they slammed into each other during shipping). Fortunately, it doesn't look like they were damaged, but they could have been. When I pay as much as I did for a set of pool balls, I would expect that something would have be done to prevent the Brunswick pool ball box from coming open in shipping and thus allowing the balls to roll around and get damaged/scratched in the shipping box. I bought expensive professional level pool balls. I expected much better from a company like Brunswick than this.

I'm not sure if I'll be returning the order or not. I doubt I'll be purchasing anything else from Brunswick. I just wanted to warn everyone that it might not be a good idea to order from Brunswick online(or at all, for that matter).

I've written an angry letter to Brunswick to let them know how unhappy I am with this, basically saying what I've said here. I'll let you know if I get any response.

Has anyone else had this kind of trouble when ordering directly from Brunswick? Does anyone have any advice on what I should do? Does anyone know why the extra cue ball looks different than the one in the set? Thanks.

ras314
11-14-2007, 07:56 PM
Personally, I would order an Aramith red circle CB from Mueller
www.poolndarts.com (http://www.poolndarts.com) or other reputable supplier and keep the extra cb for unfussy company.

Lot of pool hall tournaments use the red circle cb, some will provide it if asked.

I have some 9 cb's and am convinced some play different than others. Hey, any excuse in a pinch. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ralph_Kramden
11-14-2007, 10:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Warbler:</font><hr>link to Brunswick (http://www.brunswickbilliards.com/brunswick_collection/accessories/pocket_balls/centennial_balls.html)

I've written an angry letter to Brunswick to let them know how unhappy I am with this, basically saying what I've said here. I'll let you know if I get any response.
<hr /></blockquote>

Sorry to hear about your experience with Brunswick. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif
There are dealers who will discount these balls if you are allowed to return them. You may be able to purchase brand new balls at a discounted price at an online auction site also. Hope this helps.

DickLeonard
11-15-2007, 07:52 AM
Warbler your blaming Brunswick for the condition of the box after shipping. Blame the Post Office,UPS,Fed Ex,DHL not Brunswick.

As for the Cueball the will discolor after a few years of being alone. Imagine how many cueballs are ordered separtely they are never going to be the same color as a cueball in a box of balls. They are just not colorfast.####

BigRigTom
11-15-2007, 09:07 AM
Warble, I would return them to Brunswick and order the same set from a different site.
We discount that set and you can save enough money to buy several NEW cue balls.
Check it out Brunswick Centennials (http://www.bigrigtoys.com/brcepoandbib.html)
Red Circle Cue Ball (http://www.bigrigtoys.com/redcicueba.html)
I will tell you though the authentic red circle cue ball is NOT white, it is more of a bone color and that is the correct color.
I have one red circle that is very white but it is not the original aramith but some kind of knock off no name and it does play a bit differently and feels heavier.

Shop around the internet and you'll see what I mean.
You will also save yourself some money.

Warbler
11-15-2007, 07:06 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> Warbler your blaming Brunswick for the condition of the box after shipping. Blame the Post Office,UPS,Fed Ex,DHL not Brunswick.
<hr /></blockquote>

it was Brunswick that packed the box, not UPS. They should done something to prevent the lid of the Brunswick box from coming open in shipping. They could have taped the box shut. They could have sealed it with plastic wrap. Something. This was a set of professional level pool balls. I paid over $300 for the set. I expect more care to be taken when they are packed in the box.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr>
As for the Cueball the will discolor after a few years of being alone. Imagine how many cueballs are ordered separtely they are never going to be the same color as a cueball in a box of balls. They are just not colorfast.#### <hr /></blockquote>

This was brand new cue ball, not one a few years old. It made and ordered the exactly same time as the set, from the same webpage as the set and both were ordered directly from Brunswick. Also none of that explains why the extra cue is smaller than the one from the set. Again, these are very expensive professional level pool balls, they should look alike and be exactly the same size.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote BigRigTom:</font><hr>
I will tell you though the authentic red circle cue ball is NOT white, it is more of a bone color and that is the correct color.<hr /></blockquote>

Both the cue ball that came with my set and the extra cue ball are blue circle cue balls, not red.

The cue ball in the set is bone color. The extra cue is more yellowish.

What's the difference between the red and blue circle cue balls anyway?

DeadCrab
11-15-2007, 07:17 PM
$300 for a set of Centennials ?

Ozone Billiards has them for $199, and I have seem 'em on sale for $189. So if you send 'em back for a refund, you can get another set considerably cheaper.

Warbler
11-15-2007, 07:53 PM
I might just do that, but that doesn't explain the poor packaging and the differences between the two cue balls.

DickLeonard
11-16-2007, 07:19 AM
Warbler okay I stand corrected on the packaging. Brunswick Centennials always had a blue circle cueball. Now that they are made overseas I have no idea if they have continued that.####

Warbler
11-16-2007, 04:54 PM
Well is has now been 48 hours since I emailed Brunswick to complain about my order. Here is their response:

Nothing. I worded it very similar to my first post in this thread. In if they don't agree with me, I think a still merit a response of some sort. Now I'm really mad! /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

I'm done with Brunswick. I'll never order from them (or aramith since they are both owned by the same company) ever again. I just can't believe that a company like Brunswick would treat there customers this way.

Ralph_Kramden
11-18-2007, 10:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Warbler:</font><hr> Well is has now been 48 hours since I emailed Brunswick to complain about my order. Here is their response:

Nothing. I worded it very similar to my first post in this thread. In if they don't agree with me, I think a still merit a response of some sort. Now I'm really mad! /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

I'm done with Brunswick. I'll never order from them (or aramith since they are both owned by the same company) ever again. I just can't believe that a company like Brunswick would treat there customers this way.
<hr /></blockquote>

Try to call them by phone and talk to someone in customer services. Emailing them may not get as good a response as actually talking to someone at Brunswick about your problem.

Wish you well.

SPetty
11-19-2007, 11:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Warbler:</font><hr>I'll never order from them (or aramith since they are both owned by the same company) ever again. I just can't believe that a company like Brunswick would treat there customers this way.<hr /></blockquote>What??!? I've never heard that part that I've bolded above before......

I'm sorry Brunswick treated you poorly. It's a shame that you didn't ask the folks here beforehand about where to buy balls. Buying things directly from the company when things are available at other less costly places is usually a mistake, even though it sounds like a good idea at the time. The company is in the business of making things, and the other places are in the business of selling things. Different focus.

Try to get a complete refund and then buy elsewhere.

Warbler
11-21-2007, 10:36 PM
Spetty, about Brunswick and Aramith being owned by the same company: please see my Brunswick Centennials vs Aramith Super Pro thread, click here (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccb&amp;Number=261638&amp;page=1&amp;v iew=collapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=&amp;fpart=1).

SPetty
11-26-2007, 02:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Warbler:</font><hr> Spetty, about Brunswick and Aramith being owned by the same company: please see my Brunswick Centennials vs Aramith Super Pro thread, click here (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccb&amp;Number=261638&amp;page=1&amp;v iew=collapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=&amp;fpart=1). <hr /></blockquote>Oh, O.K. Your terminology isn't quite right... Both Brunswick and Aramith contract with Saluc to manufacture their pool balls. Saluc does not own Brunswick or Aramith.