PDA

View Full Version : BCA Women's Semi-Finals on ESPN

07-29-2002, 10:20 PM
Just watched the Corr v Fisher semi-final match from the BCA event for the 2nd time tonight on ESPN. They botched this one up again - taking a commercial break with the score 4-3 and when they returned it was 6-4. They skipped 3 entire games and never even bothered summarizing or showing highlights of what we missed in those games. Can you imagine that being allowed to happen in any other sport?

Allison missed about 3 shots she normally would never miss, and it cost her. After tying up the match with a nice run-out to go hill-hill, she could only sit and watch as Karen broke and ran out the final game. I guess winning the opening lag is critically important - as it guarantees you the break if the match goes to hill-hill. - Chris in NC

Eric.
07-30-2002, 08:04 AM
Hate to say it, but we're still in the Dark Ages when it comes to televised pool. We're gaining ground, though.

Eric >Pool-the redheaded stepchild of televised sports

Wally_in_Cincy
07-30-2002, 09:09 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Chris in NC:</font><hr> Just watched the Corr v Fisher semi-final match from the BCA event for the 2nd time tonight on ESPN. They botched this one up again - taking a commercial break with the score 4-3 and when they returned it was 6-4. They skipped 3 entire games and never even bothered summarizing or showing highlights of what we missed in those games. <hr></blockquote>

It would not be difficult to show highlights as they did on the "Ultimate 9-ball Challenge". Chris you're the one with the contacts in the WPBA, see what you can do about this /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif .

Lester
07-30-2002, 10:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Chris in NC:</font><hr> Just watched the Corr v Fisher semi-final match from the BCA event for the 2nd time tonight on ESPN. They botched this one up again - taking a commercial break with the score 4-3 and when they returned it was 6-4. They skipped 3 entire games and never even bothered summarizing or showing highlights of what we missed in those games. Can you imagine that being allowed to happen in any other sport?

Allison missed about 3 shots she normally would never miss, and it cost her. After tying up the match with a nice run-out to go hill-hill, she could only sit and watch as Karen broke and ran out the final game. I guess winning the opening lag is critically important - as it guarantees you the break if the match goes to hill-hill. - Chris in NC <hr></blockquote>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Chris, the best one they messed up was when they cut 3 games from the middle of the match, and at the end they showed the (I think it's called) The Cuetec Cues "Shot of the Match". And it was a shot from one of the games they had cut. Who edits this show - the janitor? ***Lester***

SPetty
07-30-2002, 11:03 AM
Hi Lester,

Thanks for explaining that. When I saw it at the end, I didn't remember having seen it before. I thought I had just blinked or something and missed it the first time!

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Lester:</font><hr> &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Chris, the best one they messed up was when they cut 3 games from the middle of the match, and at the end they showed the (I think it's called) The Cuetec Cues "Shot of the Match". And it was a shot from one of the games they had cut. Who edits this show - the janitor? ***Lester*** <hr></blockquote>