PDA

View Full Version : Cue-U vs other Pool Schools and Instruction Format

BigRigTom
11-15-2007, 11:40 AM
I am hoping to take some classes from Randy &/or Scott in the spring and so it has been on my mind for a while now.
I was browsing the forum this morning when I realized that I have been looking at that banner at the top of the page for a couple of years now...WOW!
Why I never clicked it before....WHO KNOWS!

Anyway...
I searched the forum for Bob Radford, Linda Radford, Cue-U and came up with zip.
Does anyone know these people?
Has anyone gone to the Cue-U?

These questions are simply for information's sake. Since I am now in California, Rockford, Illinois would be quite a commute. My oldest son still lives in Lagrange Park, Illinois though and I was thinking it may be a nice Christmas present to send him an enrollment in something like that.

randyg
11-15-2007, 12:19 PM
A very good school....SPF=randyg

DennyS
11-16-2007, 06:30 AM
Yes I gotta concur with Randy Here a very good school. Please note there are allot of good schools and instructors around.

pooltchr
11-16-2007, 05:41 PM
Bob's school is on my list of schools to attend.
Steve

randyg
11-17-2007, 09:28 AM
There are about five schools that I could reccomend. All are different yet the same. Each BCA Master Instructor has their own strength(s), plus their own "Bete Noire's".

It would always be best to first talk to each Instructor to find out just what he offers. Using that information you might want to attend a couple of different schools.

It took me over a year to get into the "golf camp" that I wanted. The wait was well worth the time......SPF=randyg

pooltchr
11-17-2007, 02:16 PM
When I win the lottery (or when I retire, whichever comes first), I would love to take a nice long road trip and attend all of them.
Steve

Billy_Bob
11-18-2007, 01:10 PM
I clicked on the link just now...

I like the traditional classroom thing! I think people tend to get distracted when they are around a pool table with balls on it. Might be looking at the table and thinking about shots rather than listening to what the instructor is saying.

So I think if students were in a classroom, then all their attention would be on the material presented.

This worked pretty good for me in college. Go to "lecture" and learn about it, then go to "lab" and try to do what you have learned.

randyg
11-18-2007, 01:32 PM
Our organization feels the same way. All BCA Master Academys are required to have a semi-private classroom setting....SPF=randyg