PDA

View Full Version : A letter to Robert D. Raiford.

Chopstick
11-16-2007, 03:17 PM
<font color="blue">For those of you who are not familiar with Mr. Raiford he is a commentator on the very popular radio show John Boy and Billy. </font color>

Robert D. Raiford
c/o The Big Show
915 E. Fourth Street
Charlotte, NC 28204

Dear Mr. Raiford,

I listen to you on "The John Boy and Billy Big Show" nearly every day during my hour long morning commute (7:00-8:00 am EST. I don't agree with you all the time, but one thing about you I have to respect is that you don't mind telling it like it is! I'm reminded of Harry Truman, who said "I don't give 'em hell. I just tell them the truth, and they think it is hell!"

One issue where I would like to hear you tell it like it is is the issue of the Confederate Flag. There's been a lot about it in the news recently, such as the flap in South Carolina, where Governor David Beasley promised voters, prior to his election, to never take the Southern banner down, and then sent up the white flag of surrender as soon the first shots were fired, and removed the flag from the State Capital. Even more recently, Governor Pataki of New York denounced the Georgia State Flag as a "hate symbol" (because it incorporates the design of the Confederate Flag) and ordered it removed from display. Georgia legislators retaliated by tearing down the New York Flag from the Georgia Capitol display and submitting a bill calling for the permanent removal of the New York State Flag from the Georgia Capitol.

I don't know about you, but I for one am sick of Yankee liberals and Southern traitors trampling over our flag and denouncing it as a symbol of hate. Because of their rhetoric, skinhead and neo-nazi groups now cling to the Confederate Flag. The Confederate Flag does not represent slavery, racism, or hate. In fact, the inverse is true. Here are few facts that refute the silly notion that the War Between the States was fought over slavery. Slavery was legal in the North, as it was in the South. There were slaves in Delaware, Maryland, Washington DC, Kentucky, Missouri, and West Virginia during the war. President Lincoln stated in his inaugural address (March 4, 1861) that he had "no purpose, directly or indirectly to interfere with the institution of slavery where it exists. I believe I have no lawful right to do so, and I have no inclination to do so." The State of Virginia outlawed slavery before voting to secede from the Union. President Lincoln offered to guarantee permanent Constitutional slavery if the South would renounce it's secession. The South refused his offer, and made a counter offer. The South would free all Southern slaves in return for independence, which Lincoln refused. Abraham Lincoln's much touted "Emancipation Proclamation" did not apply to Northern slaves, only Southern slaves in Union occupied areas! This was in response to criticism concerning the Union Army forcing captured Southern slaves to work on plantations, producing cotton for the northern factories, rather than being freed. Union General Ulysses S. Grant said that if he "thought the War was to abolish slavery, I would resign my commision, and offer my sword to the other side."

The NAACP was so quick to denounce the Confederate Flag as racist, that they neglected to examine the racist views held by Lincoln and his Republican party. It was well known (until revisionist history started being taught) that the slavery issue did not involve the states where slavery existed, it involved the territories vying to become states. The northern white Republicans wanted to save the west as a "White's Only" paradise. Abe Lincoln's Secretary of State, William Seward, expressed it this way: "The West is the land of the free men -- for the free men -- that it is the land for the white man." Not suprising, considering the Union Army was systematically killing and deporting Indians in the western territories, to cleanse the land. Many northern states and territories passed laws prohibiting free blacks from entering them. The last thing they wanted was black people out west! Abraham Lincoln, himself, stated the opinion of the northern people at a meeting with a group of black leaders. "There is an unwillingness on the part of our people (northern white people) to live with you free colored people. Whether this is right or wrong, I am not prepared to discuss, but a fact with which we must deal. Therefore, I think it is best we seperate." The US Congress and the Lincoln administration then purchased land, passed laws, and started shipping free blacks out of the US down to poverty stricken Haiti! Lincoln put together several such schemes to remove free blacks from the US and ship to places such as Africa, Central America, and South America. At the end of the war, General Benjamin Butler asked Lincoln what was he going to do with all the recently freed southern blacks. Lincoln replied "I think we should deport them all."

How many Southerners are even aware of that? We've been taught the "Yankee Revised" version of the war, so much so that we even use the wrong name for it! The conflict is referred to as "The Civil War" in nearly every instance, however that is a misnomer. Here is what the US Congress agreed to, according to the Congressional Record of March 2, 1928 (Senate joint resolution No. 41), where Congress recognized the title "War Between The States" as proper:

*"A War was waged from 1861 to 1865 between two organized governments: the United States of America, and the Confederate States of America. These were the official titles of the contending parties."

*"It was not a "Civil War", as it was not fought between two parties within the same government."

*"It was not a "War of Secession", for the Southern States seceded without a thought of war. The right of a State to secede had never been questioned."

*"'It was not a "War of Rebellion" for sovereign, independent States, co-equal, can not rebel against each other."

*"It was a "War between the States", because twenty-two non-seceding States made war upon eleven seceding States to force them back into the Union of States. It was not until after the surrender of 1865 that secession was decided to be unconstitutional."

Mr. Raiford, thank you for taking the time to read my letter. Unlike some of the people whose letters you read on the air, I have no problem with you using my name. I'm not ashamed or embarrased of my pro-Southern views. I have an 8 page copy of a speech given by Alabama Senator Charles Davidson defending the Confederate Flag, which I would be honored to forward to you, if you would be interested in reading it. It was a great and emotional speech, but the mainstream media either ignored it, or quoted him selectively to paint him in the worst possible light. I guess it's true that the winners get to write the history books!

Sincerely,

(signed)
John E. Morales 1

pooltchr
11-16-2007, 05:31 PM
I will be interested to hear Raiford's response on the air. Give me another 20 years, and I hope I can be as ornery as RDR!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Steve

LWW
11-17-2007, 07:05 AM
Very good letter with a lot of accuracy.

The myth of "Lincoln the Great" has been perpetrated upon America for nearly a century and a half when in fact Lincoln was nothing but a tyrant.

LWW

S0Noma
11-17-2007, 12:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr> "Lincoln the Great" has been perpetrated upon America for nearly a century and a half when in fact Lincoln was nothing but a tyrant.

LWW <hr /></blockquote>

http://i18.tinypic.com/6xzzskk.jpg