PDA

View Full Version : best place to purchase predator?

mrgoochio
11-20-2007, 02:36 AM
Hey I was wondering what is the cheapest reliable place u guys have found to purchase predator cues. I have found that ebay is the cheapest place (and reliable, given feedback). the cue itself may be around the same price as other online retailers, but some give free shipping incentive plus free bag and accessory or something.

Seyberts seems to be a decent price, although about the same as other online retailers with no incentives besides free shipping. ebay is still the cheapest i could find.

Curdog
11-20-2007, 10:44 AM
Check PM

Billy_Bob
11-20-2007, 11:02 AM
To me it is not the cheapest exactly although that is something I look for. Most important is that I can order exactly what I want.

Specific weight, specific joint, specific tip, etc. Some online retailers allow you to order exactly what you want whereas others just offer what they have in stock. Same with local retailers. Many will not tell you you can order something they don't have in stock.

mrgoochio
11-20-2007, 11:23 AM
seyberts and neilsens from what i hear have A+ customer service, i wouldn't hesitate to order with specifics there.. just seeing if there are any alternatives as those retailers seem to use pretty standard pricing

dhammis
11-20-2007, 12:59 PM
I've ordered 2 Predator shafts from Seyberts without any issue. They are also the largest Predator dealer out there. I had to have mine drilled out special for the Viking QR joint and they did it without hesitation. www.seyberts.com (http://www.seyberts.com) is the site and I'm not affiliated with them in any way.

DSAPOLIS
11-20-2007, 01:23 PM
www.platinumbilliards.com (http://www.platinumbilliards.com)

reat prices, excellent service - the site owner, Shane Sinnott used to work for Predator.

thedude
11-23-2007, 11:24 AM
I'd buy them from neilsen's ebay store. I bought both of my predators from Joe out of his retail store in Springfield, IL. Excellent shop, great people to work with. They get my thumbs up(tho, I must admit after picking up a Frey sneaky pete, my predators are collecting dust!)

mrgoochio
11-23-2007, 08:53 PM
What kind of predator cues do you own? What options did you get on your bob frey sp? comparison? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

thedude
11-24-2007, 01:52 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote mrgoochio:</font><hr> What kind of predator cues do you own? What options did you get on your bob frey sp? comparison? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I have a predator 5K3, and their wood to wood sneaky pete. The Bob Frey SP is just his standard Gabon Ebony SP with the exception that I had a sniper tip put on it. There really isn't much of a comparison, the predators are collecting dust. I like the feel, and play of the Frey shaft better. Its a bit more predictable. When I was having off days with the predators, I was way off whereas with the Frey... My shot making may be off one day, but I can compensate with more defense and safety play and be alright. Like I said if I was off with the predator, everything was off. There was no point in shooting pool that day. I think it has to do with the smaller shaft size in addition to the dime shaped radius of the tip. The feel of the 5K3 is great... but the Frey cue is just a hands down winner, by my opinion...

For example, in terms of aesthetics, I got a Gabon Ebony sneaky from Frey(thru cuesnthings by JP Nusbaum.) The 5K3 is also ebony, but the quality of wood on the Frey is far superior. I can put more spin on the ball with the Frey, I think this has to do with the sniper tip, which is a great tip - far better than the everest tips on the predators. Holds chalk beyond belief, puts ton of spin on the ball, and holds it shape like it was made from concrete. The Frey cue is simply a better cue for me than the predators. I like it more than the 5K3. The predator sneaky, the hit is just kind of dead... though the shaft plays consistent with the 5K3, the butt sucks. It dents up like if you had a car body made out of aluminum foil.

I just like the simplicity of sneakies. I feel with the Frey cue is as good as a playing cue that I could buy for my money, and that anymore money spent would just be on aesthetic features. Where as I don't feel I got my money's worth with the 5K3, sure it does everything that you'd expect from a predator cue, and the hit feels alright... it just not for me. I like Frey's SP better, the sniper tip is better than the everest, the quality of woods used in the butt of the Frey is higher... the Frey cue simply has more character, and it shows when your at the table and are no longer second guessing yourself with a predator cue in hand.

The only thing I don't like about the Frey, is that the 3/8 x 10 pin has the tendency to loosen up a bit. I had the same prob. with uniloc on the predators, but it is a bit more noticeable on the Frey cue. But it doesn't bother me one bit, if you just check now and again its fine.

mrgoochio
11-24-2007, 11:42 PM
Thanks for the insight, I'm curious if youre shooting with a Z shaft or a 314 with both of your predators?

thedude
11-25-2007, 12:06 AM
I have 314-2 on each predator. Both shafts shoot the same, there is little to no variability between the two.

mrgoochio
11-26-2007, 11:49 PM
I was under the impression that the Z shaft shoots much different than the 314 or other convensional shafts.. hm so many tough decisions to make regarding which cue to buy /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

SPetty
11-27-2007, 12:07 PM
Every time I see the title of this thread, I keep wanting to reply: http://www.obcues.com

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif