PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving Friends

Deeman3
11-20-2007, 05:00 PM
Thanksgiving being a secular and non-secular holiday, I wish everyone here a Happy Thanksgiving and may you all find joy in your family visits and all return to us in good health on Monday.

God bless you and yours.

bsmutz
11-20-2007, 06:32 PM
Back at you, Deeman (and everyone else, too).

Just for the record, my mom is a Jehovah's Witness and doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving, Halloween, birthdays, etc. because her religious beliefs are that these types of celebration are holdovers from the days of the Druids and others of their ilk. Apparently it is demeaning to God to celebrate anything but him. We're not worthy!

pooltchr
11-20-2007, 06:38 PM
Ditto to you and your family...and all my friends on the board. Let's take a minute to give thanks that we still live in a country where we are free to express our opinions openly, and free to disagree...and somehow still remain friends.
Steve

hondo
11-20-2007, 07:19 PM
Same to you, my friend.

sack316
11-20-2007, 10:29 PM
same to all of you! I hope all who are traveling have safe trips and wonderful times with friends and family. It is so easy to cling to all the negatives in our lives, but all of us really do have so much to be thankful for. I wish each of you a blessed holiday.

Sack

nAz
11-21-2007, 12:19 AM
ya have a great thanksgiving everyone hope you will all be happy and safe with your families, that goes for you critters from AZB too. ah and a shout out to a few friends serving over seas hope they and their buddies get back home safe.

BTW I'm already sick of turkey, I ate it twice today @ the school i work at, and Thursday not even here yet. Think I'll make a nice bavarian spiral sliced ham to go with the turkey this year. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r
11-21-2007, 07:02 AM
Happy Thanksgiving back atcha. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r

dg-in-centralpa
11-21-2007, 09:28 AM
Best to you as well! I hope you have a better start than I did. Early Monday morning at 4am, I was in the ER with a severe pain in my foot(not my a$$), I couldn't walk or put any weight on it. Here it turns out I have gout. I'm just able to start getting around with crutches, after being in bed for two days. It even hurt to have a sheet covering my foot. I never experienced pain like this before. Wow! Anyway, best to all for the upcoming holidays.

DG - no, Mrs. DG was not in bed with me either the past two days /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

SKennedy
11-21-2007, 10:02 AM
Happy Thanksgiving! And thanks for allowing me to be a part of the forum.

Fran Crimi
11-21-2007, 10:03 AM
Happy Thanksgiving, Dee Man. I thought it would be a good time to say thanks for your posts that make me smile so often.

I'm headed out for a little trip to London and Germany--- I'm looking forward to seeing how they decorate for Christmas. I hear it's nice. See you back in a couple weeks.....

Regards,
Fran

LAMas
11-21-2007, 11:58 AM
For the CCB NPRers - is it Turkey or Pork - enjoy?

http://www.whatistruth.info/thank/f8.html

wolfdancer
11-21-2007, 03:02 PM
Say, is there some kind of anti liberal message hidden in there? you don't think we pagan Libs celebrate these Judeo-Christian Holidays?????
Well, we do have our "other" holidays, the feast days of The important deities El, Athirat/ Asherah, Ba'al, and Anat emerge, assisted by other deities such as the sun goddess Shapash, the magician-craftsman Kothar-wa-Khasis,
but who cn pass up a good turkey meal, with the trimmings?
Hope you have a great Holiday as well.