View Full Version : Thanksgiving Tradition

dg-in-centralpa
11-22-2007, 07:59 AM
Watch this.

DG

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5_7C0QGkiVo

pooltchr
11-22-2007, 08:47 AM
One of our local radio stations plays this every year on Thanksgiving.
Man, I loved the 60's!
Happy Thanksgiving.
Steve

dg-in-centralpa
11-22-2007, 10:42 AM
One of our local stations plays it as well. I love Arlo's sense of humor.

DG - Kill! Kill! Kill

wolfdancer
11-22-2007, 11:35 AM
always been one of my favorites....thanks!!!

dg-in-centralpa
11-22-2007, 07:38 PM
And mine. My daughter played it first thing this morning, and we all sang along with it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DG

S0Noma
11-22-2007, 09:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> And mine. My daughter played it first thing this morning, and we all sang along with it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DG <hr /></blockquote>

When it was first released it was only played by a handful of what were then considered 'underground' FM stations. Those stations had very weak broadcast signals compared to the AM heavy hitters and a significantly smaller fan base.

The eighteen plus minute length of the song didn't fit the typical AM radio pop song three minute time slot.

It's good to see that Arlo's wonderful song has survived to become something of a classic. I still get a kick out of it even after all these years.

thanks for the link.

Sid_Vicious
11-22-2007, 11:32 PM
I grew up through that time, listened to the music and was impaired but "perfectly in place" at the time(s),,,still I've really lost my intrigue today with Arlo's lengthy rendetion of this song. Until pot gets legal again, I can pass on this memory for a while. sid

S0Noma
11-23-2007, 12:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> I grew up through that time, listened to the music and was impaired but "perfectly in place" at the time(s),,,still I've really lost my intrigue today with Arlo's lengthy rendetion of this song. Until pot gets legal again, I can pass on this memory for a while. sid <hr /></blockquote>

Once a year's not too much for me - but if I'd known that I was going to have to listen to selections from Pink Floyd's 'Dark Side of the Moon' album hundreds and hundreds of times as years have gone by? Not so sure I would have bought the damned thing in the first place.

pooltchr
11-23-2007, 07:21 AM
I get frustrated when I hear one cut from Dark Side on the radio. That album was put together as an entire package, each piece flowing into the next. Hearing one cut just leaves me hanging. That's why I have the CD.
Steve

Rich R.
11-23-2007, 08:42 AM
I used to own the original record album. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I still like to here this once in a while. It brings back many memories, from the "group W bench". /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif