PDA

View Full Version : Jim Rempe signed cue balls

jjinfla
07-30-2002, 02:05 PM
Someone once mentioned that Jim Rempe gets $100 for one of his signed cue balls. Anyone know of anyone actually paying this amount? Or is this one of those "straw" deals where a company can buy 100 of them as a favor to Jim and then claim the cost as a business expense? Probably a company like Enron? Jake

07-30-2002, 02:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: jjinfla:</font><hr> Someone once mentioned that Jim Rempe gets $100 for one of his signed cue balls. Anyone know of anyone actually paying this amount? Or is this one of those "straw" deals where a company can buy 100 of them as a favor to Jim and then claim the cost as a business expense? Probably a company like Enron? Jake <hr></blockquote>

how dare you pick on a fine houston company like enron. enron would have entered into a contract to purchase a hundred balls over a ten year period then immediately create a company to contract for the sale of same; booking the ten year revenue in the first year then selling the right's to purchase some of the balls to certain members of the internal audit committee which, citing g.a.a.p., would immediately wipe the signitures off the balls thus realizing a loss for tax purposes.

the remaining balls would then be sold at kroger as eggs.

dan...pick a card. any card. win a pipeline.

Doctor_D
07-31-2002, 05:23 AM
Good morning:

At the Super Billiards Expo in Valley Forge several pwople ask Jim Rempe to autograph cue and/or billiard balls they were collecting. Jim flatly refused to sign the balls!

Dr. D.

Doctor_D
07-31-2002, 05:29 AM
Good morning:

Having worked for the previous Five (5) years with start-up and growing companies in the Internet and Technologies sector I have seen first hand how "Creative" some of these people had become with the posting of income and the elimination of liabilities.

Many companies who were seeking to hire me, for the purposes of securing investment capital, would ask if I knew and understood how they did their accounting. My response would be; "If it is with-in the guidelines and regulations of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and the Financial Accounting Standards Board - Yes." More often then not I would be informed that they did things differently. That is when I would say - Goodbye because, I did not want to be the only one standing when the music stopped playing - especially since I did not have a Get Out of Jail Free Card.

Dr. D.

PoolFan
07-31-2002, 08:19 AM
Years ago, I attended a Straight Pool event where I approached Jim to autograph a pool ball. He did refuse to autograph the ball, but offered to autograph anything else. I believe his excuse at the time was he had autographed balls for a company to sell and part of his deal was to not autograph balls after that.

I like to obtain autographed balls for my gameroom at home. I will not buy an autographed item. What I like about the autograph is the memory of the moment and talking to a great player. If someone will actually pay for an autograph, I would say to each his/her own.

Harold Acosta
07-31-2002, 08:09 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: jjinfla:</font><hr> Someone once mentioned that Jim Rempe gets $100 for one of his signed cue balls. Anyone know of anyone actually paying this amount? <hr></blockquote>

[b]Mike Sigel signs them for $50. I know, I got one!.

Harold