PDA

View Full Version : stroketrainer and backhand english

dgem
11-23-2007, 01:07 AM
hey..if you use backhand english, how would your stroketrainer benefit to you? isnt it going to be useless because your alignment is not gonna be straight since you are going to pivot your hand?

If it is beneficial to you, how do you practice backhand english with your stroketrainer?

BigRigTom
11-23-2007, 11:43 AM
That is a good question!
I personally don't use back hand english....it is to hard to control. I thing a good straight and repeatable stroke is a much more effective approach to cosistently hitting the cue ball where you intend too.
I apply english by moving my bridge hand or my fingers or my bridge grip...these are are very slight movements and do not require you to change the direction of the stroke.

Sid_Vicious
11-23-2007, 01:14 PM
You don't,,,it is a personal feel thing and takes personal time in life to take place. BHE is a wonderfull thing, yet a total b!tch when gone wrong. sid

dgem
11-23-2007, 10:06 PM
hmm..someone at other site recommended me to lift the ST when shooting with BHE. Isn't it going to be more complicated since you are then practicing 3 alignments? That is right,left and straight. What you think guys?

Cornerman
11-24-2007, 11:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dgem:</font><hr> hey..if you use backhand english, how would your stroketrainer benefit to you? isnt it going to be useless because your alignment is not gonna be straight since you are going to pivot your hand?

If it is beneficial to you, how do you practice backhand english with your stroketrainer? <hr /></blockquote>Well... even if you use backhand english, you're still stroking straight forward. If you're talking about pivoting while stroking (swiping), then that's not backhand english.

If you're swiping (what I've coined 'dynamic backhand english'), don't bother using the stroke trainer.

Fred