PDA

View Full Version : A typical day working for the gov't?

S0Noma
11-25-2007, 01:19 PM
Our tax dollars at work...

http://pgwake.tradesandcrafts.co.uk/diary/wp-content/humour1.gif

hondo
11-25-2007, 07:25 PM
Looks like a crew I was once on working for the
Dept. of Highways. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

S0Noma
11-25-2007, 09:30 PM
Reminds me of an old joke I once heard. Seems there was a farmer whose field was right next to a State highway. One day a State highway truck drives up and two guys get out with one shovel between them.

The first guy proceeds to dig a nice deep hole while the other guy stands and watches. Once the hole is dug they both step back for about five minutes as if admiring their work then the one guy hands the other guy the shovel and he fills in the hole and tamps down the dirt.

Then they jump back into their truck - drive twenty yards down the road - get out - and repeat the entire process.

The farmer watches them digging and filling holes until his curiosity gets the better of him so he walks up to them and asks them what's going on?

Well, says the guy with the shovel, we're from the State Highway tree planting crew and our job is to plant trees along the side of the highway - only the guy that plants the trees isn't here today because he's sick.

So we're having to get along without him...

hondo
11-26-2007, 06:12 AM
3 kids are talking about how fast their dad is.
1st kid: My dad is so fast he can shoot an arrow
at a target and run & catch the arrow before it
hits the target.
2nd kid: My dad is so fast. He has the target in his hand, fires a gun, and runs fast enough to catch the bullet with the target.
3rd kid: Those are nothing! My dad's a lot faster than that. He works for the Dept. of Highways, gets off work
at 5:00 o'clock and is home by 4:00 o'clock!

eg8r
11-26-2007, 11:26 AM
To be honest, a lot of these government jokes are funny because they are very close to reality. Now, is this the same government that you want to be handling your health care needs?

eg8r

SKennedy
11-26-2007, 03:51 PM
And my retirement income?

S0Noma
11-26-2007, 06:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> To be honest, a lot of these government jokes are funny because they are very close to reality. Now, is this the same government that you want to be handling your health care needs?

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Or the same one that decided to hand over a bunch of no-bid contracts to special interest company's working in Iraq?

Efficiency - thy name is NOT government!

SKennedy
11-26-2007, 08:36 PM
You are right! Instead of awarding the contracts to private companies, the government could have done the work themselves and it would have been much worse.

LWW
11-27-2007, 05:16 AM
Remember, as long as this follows their name on the ballot ---&gt; (D) the majority here will accept and defend anything.

LWW

eg8r
11-27-2007, 06:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Or the same one that decided to hand over a bunch of no-bid contracts to special interest company's working in Iraq?

Efficiency - thy name is NOT government! <hr /></blockquote> I agree. At least handing the contracts over to the private sector is more efficient than having the government do the work. Could you imagine how many more of our soldiers would have to be there if the private contractors were not there.

Since you brought it up and I am in a facetious mood wouldn't you call giving no bid contracts the utmost in efficiency? Do you know how long Government RFP and reverse auctions take?

eg8r

eg8r
11-27-2007, 06:07 PM
There is plenty the government should not be doing, just take a look at education and welfare. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r