PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't ESPN Classic start showing Pool FILMS?

Cueless Joey
07-30-2002, 05:27 PM
Bill Cayton, who used to manage Mike Tyson along with the late Jimmy Jacobs, owns almost ALL boxing films AND pool films/tapes. ESPN Classic started showing classic boxing films and videos last year. Surely, ESPN Classic can find a slot for classic pool films. Hell, maybe even at 2 am. I'd tape them.
Maybe we can all bombard ESPN C with emails. Or maybe Bill Cayton as well?

Nostroke
07-30-2002, 05:51 PM
Would be great to see the old Wide World of Sports tapes from the early seventies with Wimpy, Jimmy Caras, Irving etc.

Also the ones from the 80's with UJ puckett, Jimmy Moore.

Lets email them-anyone have addresses?

07-30-2002, 06:41 PM
I'd love it if they'd start showing them. I had an old tape of the (I think) 1966 U.S. Open Straight Pool championship (Crane vs Balsis). It was in black/white and terrible video quality, but it was a terrific match!! I'm sure there are lots of matches like that one on tape or film out there. It's a shame that people can't watch them today on TV.

Wally_in_Cincy
07-31-2002, 07:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: longs:</font><hr> I'd love it if they'd start showing them. I had an old tape of the (I think) 1966 U.S. Open Straight Pool championship (Crane vs Balsis). It was in black/white and terrible video quality, but it was a terrific match!! I'm sure there are lots of matches like that one on tape or film out there. It's a shame that people can't watch them today on TV. <hr></blockquote>

A friend loaned me that tape. Incredibly entertaining. The funniest thing was after Crane would finish running a rack the camera would pan to Balsis sittin' on his stool lightin' up another smoke LOL.