PDA

View Full Version : Warning Picture Phobes! Here's another one!

S0Noma
11-25-2007, 03:51 PM
http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/u/hprajani/phun/Camels.jpg

wolfdancer
11-25-2007, 05:39 PM
Interesting...I have no problem with the photos ...is it the graphic settings on someone's computer, or the screen size that creates the problem?

S0Noma
11-25-2007, 06:52 PM
Thanks Jack.

Have some Cheesey Puffs.
http://spacedust.atspace.com/girl_cheese_puff_bath.jpg

wolfdancer
11-25-2007, 07:54 PM
????

S0Noma
11-25-2007, 09:21 PM
Sorry - either that last post got edited by a higher authority or I screwed up when I posted. Here's the Cheesy Puff girl (again). Word has it that it's a lot like the old Cracker Jack box - if you eat all the cheesy puffs there's a prize underneath.

http://i7.tinypic.com/6t51x50.jpg

Rich R.
11-26-2007, 08:26 AM
No one gives a damn if you use pictures, but why can't you be a little courteous and resize the pictures to a reasonable size?

wolfdancer
11-26-2007, 11:45 AM
I'm no computer expert...can barely turn this one on and off....but the pictures open instantly, and fit into my screen.
What am I doing wrong?
Is it a dial-up connection, or Windows 3.1 that is the problem?

S0Noma
11-26-2007, 06:28 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> No one gives a damn if you use pictures, but why can't you be a little courteous and resize the pictures to a reasonable size? <hr /></blockquote>

Frankly Rich, I do resize some of the pictures - but I can not and will not resize them all. Sometimes, it's just way too easy to copy/paste an image from a website. I have neither the time nor the inclination to download that picture to my computer - open a graphics program - resize the picture to what I 'think' might be acceptable to everyone here - and then upload it back to the Net.

There are MANY reasons that people have trouble with images appearing as oversized - one is screen resolution setting - if the resolution is set too load for the screen size ALL pictures are going to appear extra-big. If screen resolution is adjusted properly - the image will shrink to fit.

This is NOT the case with all pictures. However, there are settings in most of the popular browsers that block ALL images coming from the Net. That would resolve the problem once and for all.

Hope this helps.

Sonoma

Rich R.
11-26-2007, 09:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> No one gives a damn if you use pictures, but why can't you be a little courteous and resize the pictures to a reasonable size? <hr /></blockquote>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote S0Noma:</font><hr> Frankly Rich, I do resize some of the pictures - but I can not and will not resize them all. Sometimes, it's just way too easy to copy/paste an image from a website. I have neither the time nor the inclination to download that picture to my computer - open a graphics program - resize the picture to what I 'think' might be acceptable to everyone here - and then upload it back to the Net.

There are MANY reasons that people have trouble with images appearing as oversized - one is screen resolution setting - if the resolution is set too load for the screen size ALL pictures are going to appear extra-big. If screen resolution is adjusted properly - the image will shrink to fit.

This is NOT the case with all pictures. However, there are settings in most of the popular browsers that block ALL images coming from the Net. That would resolve the problem once and for all.

Hope this helps.

Sonoma <hr /></blockquote>
I am well aware of the relationship between screen resolution and pictures. Frankly, I use a couple of computers and I have problems on some, with standard size screens, and not on others, with extra wide screens. I sympathize with others having standard size screens and I don't believe we should have to change the resolution on our computers because you are just lazy and inconsiderate.
You could have saved yourself a lot time by just responding that you don't give a damn about others.