PDA

View Full Version : Cue Choices...

dklong92
11-28-2007, 09:08 AM
I am a soldier in Iraq at this time and have just gotten back to playing after a break of 10 years. I used to shoot with a Schon and a Kersenbrock. I don't have the funds for either one of those cues now, but want to get a decent stick. There are a lot of new cues out there...namely Fury, Lucassi, 5280, etc. If you believe Fury's hype on their website, their $128 cue plays like a $700 cue. I know how a Joss feels, very similar to a Schon. Can anybody tell me how the Fury, Lucassi, 5280, or Dale Perry compare to Schon or Joss?

Thank You.

Rich R.
11-28-2007, 10:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dklong92:</font><hr> I am a soldier in Iraq at this time and have just gotten back to playing after a break of 10 years. I used to shoot with a Schon and a Kersenbrock. I don't have the funds for either one of those cues now, but want to get a decent stick. There are a lot of new cues out there...namely Fury, Lucassi, 5280, etc. If you believe Fury's hype on their website, their $128 cue plays like a $700 cue. I know how a Joss feels, very similar to a Schon. Can anybody tell me how the Fury, Lucassi, 5280, or Dale Perry compare to Schon or Joss?

Thank You.
<hr /></blockquote>IMHO, I would go with the Schon or the Joss. The Lucassi is good, for a mass production cue, and I have never hit with a Dale Perry or a 5280. I own a Fury and I'm totally not impressed.