PDA

View Full Version : Considering a change in break and jump cues

Edd
11-28-2007, 10:51 AM
I'm currently using a Lucasi J/B cue with a leather tip, and am considering switching to have 2 separate cues. Instead of a phenolic tip for the break cue, I'm considering a White Diamond leather tip. With this type of tip, I'm expecting to have the hardness of a phenolic, without sacrificing the ability to put English on the CB.
For the jump cue, I'm considering one with a phenolic tip, to aid in getting the CB airborne. For both cues, I'm considering Predator cues. Any thoughts? Is my reasoning sound? Any feedback would be appreciated.

radge69
11-28-2007, 12:15 PM
Instead of spending all that money on new cues, why don't you change out the tip on your current J/B to the white diamond? The white diamond is not a leather tip, but does have good control and jumps great. I had one on a J&J J/B that played much better than the phenolic that was on there to begin with.

Edd
11-28-2007, 01:09 PM
Thanks for the feedback! What is the material make-up of the White Diamond? Are they hard to find? I just perused several vendors' websites and didn't find anyone who sells them?

SPetty
11-28-2007, 02:17 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Edd:</font><hr>Are they hard to find?<hr /></blockquote>You can get them from eBay - seller's name is "itsahdeal". Tell him SPetty sent ya. It won't get you any better of a deal, but it might make him smile. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Edd
11-30-2007, 08:12 AM
Thanks. I'll be sure to do that. I've sent him an email.