PDA

View Full Version : Vacation Planning

Doctor_D
07-31-2002, 05:33 AM
Good morning:

I am in the midst of planning a week long vacation in the month of October. Wishing to do some sightseeing and relaxing, as well as shooting some serious pool, I would like some suggestions and/or recommendations from my CCB family. Additionally, I would like to catch up with as many CCBrs as possible during this trip - Any Ideas?

Dr. D.

p.s.:

Will be driving, and as such would prefer a location with-in Twelve (12) hours (600 miles) of NYC!

Dr. D.

NH_Steve
07-31-2002, 05:45 AM
If you are interested in either one pocket or NH, I could help up here in the north country...

Doctor_D
07-31-2002, 06:01 AM
Good morning:

I love Vermont & New Hampshire! Any suggestions and/or recommendations would be appreciated.

Dr. D.

rackmup
07-31-2002, 06:24 AM
Montreal!

Pool, great food, every wine one can imagine, shopping, the river walk, lunch on the lawn of the Notre-Dame-de-Bonsecours Chapel, the underground (subway) shops and restaurants and more!

Maybe it's more than 600 miles but well worth it.

Regards,

Ken (finds peace in Montreal and trouble in Cabo San Lucas)

Doctor_D
07-31-2002, 06:25 AM
Good morning:

Is this an invitation ?

Dr. D.

Paul_Mon
07-31-2002, 10:11 AM
Dr. D,
I live in Rochester NY and every October my wife and I visit "wine country". There are more than 60 wineries in the finger lakes area both large and small. The leaves are at or near peak the 2nd week of Oct. A week might be too long of a stay but if your driving by it's worth a day or two. If you decide to stay overnight I can suggest a couple of great places on Keuka lake. Hammondsport NY is nicknamed "the cradle of aviation" ang the Curtiss Wright Museum is located nearby.

Paul Mon

P.S. I'm taking vacation the third week in September. Going to Wells, ME for a week and don't expect to shoot any pool.

Rich R.
07-31-2002, 10:41 AM
Dr. D, check the Vermont location of this place out. It looks interesting.
http://www.billiardsanctuary.com/
I have never been there and I can not recommend it. I just came accross it while surfing one day and I have been holding on to the address, incase I ever go up that way.
Rich R.

SPetty
07-31-2002, 10:50 AM
Hi D,

If you make it down to Texas, I'll take you to the State Fair of Texas (the biggest state fair in the country they tell me), and harass you mercilessly until you give in and play that four ball pool game (over and over if necessary) and win me a prize! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Doctor_D
07-31-2002, 11:13 AM
Good afternoon:

My bags are packed and I am ready to go ...

Dr. D.

Doctor_D
08-04-2002, 01:17 PM
Good afternoon:

Good suggestions folks, still undecided though, how about a few more!

Dr. D.

NH_Steve
08-04-2002, 07:18 PM
Paul, if you're going to be in Wells, you should definitely stop up to Spot Shot Billiards in Portland, probably just over half hour drive & a nice coastal city with lots of restaurants (like Portsmouth, NH).

08-04-2002, 08:10 PM
Diana, I'm sure this won't help, but if it were me, I'd hop a plane to Scotland, play links golf, sightsee the beautiful contryside, meet the famously friendly people and frequent the snooker parlors in the evening.

Fran

08-05-2002, 07:32 AM
listen fran sorry to bust your chops but i need a vacation to i think me and you should go to siberia with are cue sticks play pool and the loser has to swim back to america listen when i see you tonight at the golden q if you come don't yell at me i'am just haveing fun you i'am nutsssssssssss

MikeM
08-05-2002, 09:06 AM
Diana,

I will second the finger lakes nomination. My wife and I took two weeks for our honeymoon and drove through New York, Canada and Vermont. We spent a couple of days on Keuka lake, I believe at the Hammondsport Inn. Beautiful that time of year (mid-October). We traveled all around the lake and visited as many wineries as we could. We went back a few years later and camped at state park for five days and thouroughly enjoyed that trip too.

We also spent a few days in Gannonoque, Ontario in the thousand lakes region. Also a beautiful place and enjoyable. Not too far of a drive for you either.

We also stopped in Niagra Falls, Toronto, Montreal and Stowe, VT. All were full of fall color with a lot to do. It rained the whole time we were in Stowe, but we did go to Ben and Jerry's for some ice cream!

MM

Wally_in_Cincy
08-06-2002, 06:55 AM
When is "Pool School in Paradise" ?
Maybe you could schedule your vacation around that. I'm assuming they're still doing it.

An added bonus: you could meet dOwntOwn /ccboard/images/icons/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif
I think he lives in Vancouver.

Oh I'm sorry I just reread your original post. You're driving. Never mind. Somebody slap me. /ccboard/images/icons/tongue.gif

08-06-2002, 07:34 AM
And I will add my nomination to the Finger Lakes idea. My sister-in-law lives in Trumansburg (8 miles south of Ithaca), home of the nations highest waterfall (I think that's what the sign says) and it is absolutely beautiful there. If I ever win the lottery, I will definitely by a house on Cayuga Lake.

Karla

PQQLK9
08-06-2002, 09:23 AM
WHACK! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

bluewolf
08-06-2002, 11:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> When is "Pool School in Paradise" ?
Maybe you could schedule your vacation around that. I'm assuming they're still doing it.

An added bonus: you could meet dOwntOwn /ccboard/images/icons/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif
I think he lives in Vancouver.

Oh I'm sorry I just reread your original post. You're driving. Never mind. Somebody slap me. /ccboard/images/icons/tongue.gif <hr></blockquote>

meeting downtown would be interesting. i bet he has another side you dont see here. i have found that to be true of most people on internet lists.the email folks i have met face to face were seldom what i expected.not necessarily better or worse but different than how i had pictured them.

bluewolf

08-06-2002, 09:17 PM
um, HELLO! What happened to you, me, Athens reevisited?!