PDA

View Full Version : When NSFW goes wrong

S0Noma
11-30-2007, 11:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
County e-mail policy violated by official

By KEVIN CANFIELD World Staff Writer
11/30/2007

A Board of County Commissioners chief deputy acknowledged Thursday that the violated the county's Internet policy when he used a county computer to send an e-mail to a friend that included an image of a woman's breasts.

Paul Wilkening said he could not discuss what, if any, action was taken but insisted that he received no preferential treatment.

The e-mail image could be manipulated so that the breasts could be "moved around the screen" like a screen duster, he said.

(see really cool and totally NSFW flash video here: http://www.angelfire.com/folk/marcoola/boobs.swf )

Wilkening said the incident began when he received an e-mail from a friend on his home computer in September. The e-mail, which Wilkening said had a subject line "something like New Technology Tool," had a link that he could not open on his home computer, so he sent it to his office e-mail.

After opening it on his county computer, Wilkening said, he sent it to just one friend. The e-mail eventually ended up in the hands of someone who forwarded it to the Tulsa County District Attorney's Office, which triggered an investigation.

"I shouldn't have forwarded it," he said.

Wilkening went to work for the board in 2002 and worked for all three commissioners
through 2006.

His duties changed earlier this year when Commission Chairwoman Randi Miller hired Terry Simonson as her chief deputy.

Wilkening continues to do work for the entire commission but answers to Commissioners John Smaligo and Fred Perry.

Smaligo also said he could not provide specifics about possible disciplinary action.

"I'm not going to be commenting on personnel issues related to the county on this one or any other," he said. "I treat them all the same."

Perry also would not comment, saying he would need to consult with the commissioners' legal counsel.

Miller said she was not in a position to comment on the matter because she was not involved in the investigation or any possible disciplinary actions.

Wilkening is a graduate of the University of Tulsa law school and later worked as an assistant district attorney.

He ran unsuccessfully for state Senate in 2000.

His salary as chief deputy is $87,648.72 a year.

<hr /></blockquote>

web page (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=071130_1_A7_spanc76243)

Deeman3
11-30-2007, 03:57 PM
Those who know me understand I am not a prude, really. I do have an ex-friend/coworker who sends the most distastful e-mails you can imagine. I just delete them but I don't want to block her just on the odd chance she needs to contact or send me something important, which happens once in a blue moon. I hinted but it's just easier to delete them. I would not be offended by the type described in the case here but you would not beleive what is out there! Or maybe you would. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Drop1
11-30-2007, 07:17 PM
Hey,rules,are rules,hang the Republican.