PDA

View Full Version : MEDIA BIAS

bamadog
11-30-2007, 03:58 PM
Liberal media bias is deep and pervasive, and occasionally the Libs will even admit it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“There is, Hugh, I agree with you, a deep anti-military bias in the media. One that begins from the premise that the military must be lying, and that American projection of power around the world must be wrong. I think that that is a hangover from Vietnam, and I think it’s very dangerous. That’s different from the media doing it’s job of challenging the exercise of power without fear or favor.”
— ABC News White House correspondent Terry Moran talking with Los Angeles-based national radio talk show host Hugh Hewitt, May 17, 2005.

“I believe it is true that a significant chunk of the press believes that Democrats are incompetent but good-hearted, and Republicans are very efficient but evil.”
— Wall Street Journal political editor John Harwood on the April 23, 2005 Inside Washington.

“I worked for the New York Times for 25 years. I could probably count on one hand, in the Washington bureau of the New York Times, people who would describe themselves as people of faith....I think one of the real built-in biases in the media is towards secularism....You want diversity in the newsroom, not because of some quota, but because you have to have diversity to cover the story well and cover all aspects of a society. And you don’t have religious people making the decisions about where coverage is focused. And I think that’s one of the faults.”
— Former New York Times reporter Steve Roberts, now a journalism professor at George Washington University, on CNN’s Reliable Sources, March 27, 2005.

“Personally, I have a great affection for CBS News....But I stopped watching it some time ago. The unremitting liberal orientation finally became too much for me. I still check in, but less and less frequently. I increasingly drift to NBC News and Fox and MSNBC.”
— Former CBS News President Van Gordon Sauter in an op-ed published January 13, 2005 in the Los Angeles Times.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So why are liberals so quick to accuse Fox News?

pooltchr
11-30-2007, 05:43 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bamadog:</font><hr> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So why are liberals so quick to accuse Fox News? <hr /></blockquote>

It's a habit. If they point out what they believe is wrongdoing by conservatives, they think it either makes it ok for their side...or gives them permission to be just as "bad".
Steve

Drop1
11-30-2007, 07:00 PM
Yawn!!!

LWW
12-01-2007, 08:02 AM
We already knew you had no stomach for truth.

LWW

Drop1
12-01-2007, 01:30 PM
And you have no mind for truth,so carry on little fella,soon you will be out of short pants. Bamadog's little helper,is another yawn....