PDA

View Full Version : Question

rackmup
07-31-2002, 06:55 AM
A local cue repair guy told me last night he was installing a new leather wrap on a newer model Meucci (one with a lot of intricate inlay) and upon removing the wrap, and I quote:

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>The finish started to peel away, almost like a veneer. It looked like the butt was made of pine and the inlays were nothing more than a veneer.<hr></blockquote>

I know some of the older Meucci cues (15 years or older) were nice cues. I've heard complaints that the quality of their work in recent years has become "cookie cutter" work.

Any other stories?

Regards,

Ken

Doctor_D
07-31-2002, 07:01 AM
Good morning:

I have Two (2) Meucci SE12s which, at the time I purchased the first one "Number 388", were to have a limited production of 500 cues. Then, when the SE13 did not sell well, the production run of the SE12s was increased to 600. My second SE12 is number 502. Nice cues, but they are being produced at a very very fast rate. Speed, does not relate well to a quality product.

Dr. D.

Rich R.
07-31-2002, 07:57 AM
I believe the finish on newer Meucci cues goes on over the top of the wrap. I would think that it would create one complete layer over the stick and the wrap. If you removed the wrap, without taking great pains to slice or in some other way disconnect the finnish at the edge of the wrap, you would also remove the finnish from the stick.
Maybe one of the cue repair experts could better explain.
Rich R.

DEADSTOKE32
07-31-2002, 09:18 AM
"MAN" NOW THAT HAPPENDS WHEN YOU TRY 2 MAKE A MEUCCI BETTER.
WANT 2 HAVE SOME FUN WITH A MUECCI TRY 2 CHANGE THE WEIGHT BOLT....
GOOD LUCK ON THAT ONE...HAD ONE NEVER GET ANOTHER....

Doctor_D
07-31-2002, 09:26 AM
Good afternoon:

Reminder, the Dominiak you were interested in is still available!

Dr. D.

DEADSTOKE32
07-31-2002, 09:48 AM
THANKS

Wally_in_Cincy
07-31-2002, 10:46 AM
Anecdotal evidence only:

A friend of mine bought one 2 years ago. She's always been convinced they were the best cue going. Within 6 months the shaft was warped.

I was at the pool hall one afternoon when the UPS guy delivered 4 of them. One of them had a couple of obvious cracks under the finish about 1/2" long. It looked terrible. Totally unacceptable.

08-04-2002, 12:22 AM
I ordered a Meucci FR-1 not long ago,when it arrived it was covered with dings,when I called the retailer,I was informed that Meucci's quality control had gone downhill in the last few years.Seems they're more concerned with churning out product than quality.